Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Amanita Muscaria pictures from WA.
    #67513 - 12/04/99 02:02 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Wow, I've never tried an Amanita. Those are some real beauties!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#67515 - 12/04/99 02:12 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Are there any lookalikes in the Seattle area? I saw some of those and thought they weren't anything psychosomatic, probably poisonous. Could've been a lookalike, though.

Not quite so many though. Man thats a baker's dozen and a half if I've ever seen one.

I should be asking mj. Oh well. Cool find, Ryche.

------------------
The glass is half real.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #67516 - 12/04/99 02:27 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I have to wonder why the magick mushroom community is interested in these species at all. MHO: Stay away from poison, that's why you grow your own caps anyway- to avoid poison caps from stupid dealers. Why would you purposely pursue these shrooms?

Sorry, I've been wondering for a long time why this community is so interested in these caps.

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#67517 - 12/04/99 03:26 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I've been wondering that too. The first thing anyone ever told me about those shrooms was "don't take them, ever." I thought they were poisonous, or at least risky to eat.

------------------
I took some shrooms,
they were good to me
but then my weed
fell into the sea

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #67518 - 12/04/99 05:35 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Yup they shure are pertty! I found a small patch like 4-6 in a Pulsboa week after Ryche Was in Seattle....3 days ago I found a very small patch of 4 right here in the fricken sub-burbs!!! Actually my friend spotted them from a bus window! Damn good eyes if you ask me! Anyway they are a site but not a choice shroom in my case....wouldnt mind trying to grow them....I hear mescaline is pretty high in demand......Naaaa aint worth it :smile:

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

#67519 - 12/04/99 08:31 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Ya don't get mescaline from amanitas :smile:

InvisibleAIRDOG
Male User Gallery

Loc: world's shroom capital
    #67520 - 12/04/99 08:42 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

The things u get of muscaria is muscarin, iboteic acid and some amanitoxins, I wouldnt recommend anyone eating those... or just eat one, a little one, dont chew it, swallow, u will have diarrea, and vomits. it is said that anyone who has eaten more than 5 of these has survived

OfflineLizard King
King Lizard

Loc: GA
    #67521 - 12/04/99 09:07 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I wish I had A. Muscaria here in the east. I always find A. Muscaria. Var. Formosa, their still pretty to look at but nothing like the A. Muscarias. The real A. Muscaria has that blood red color like Ryche's pics, the ones I find are light red/orange. I wouldn't eat the Amanita either, to many bad stories. Nice find Ryche.

The Lizard,

--------------------

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #67522 - 12/05/99 03:14 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

hehe....sign of a long night.....my fault....DOH!!!

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Anonymous

#67523 - 12/05/99 09:22 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

The shamans of Siberia used to use the amanita muscaria to find the cures for ailments in the wild. To avoid poisoning, you have to prepare it a certain way, otherwise it will kill you.
Thats how the traditional santa clause suit etc came about.
The siberian shamans dressed in red and white to immitate the a.m., When the church moved into the area, they didn't want to people going to the shaman anymore.
The told "St. Nicholas" to dress as a shaman and poisen the people that would call for him.
The "christmas tree" symbolizes the pine trees that the amanitas grow under. The 'bag of toys' represent the sack of amanitas that the shaman would bring. Stockings, strings of am's drying over a fire. Bla bla bla, all this crap was backed up by some university in England... not sure which one though, anyway, just thought that might interest you guys.
But it all comes down to, if you prepare them right, your tripping, you don't... your dead.

------------------
Inner~Circle Spore Exchange
http://lightning.prohosting.com/~icspores/
innercircle@alloymail.com

Anonymous

#67524 - 12/05/99 09:24 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

People are and should be interested in this mushroom if they are interested in mushrooms of spiritual potential. These mushrooms have been used by several cultures for thousands of years so there must be something to it.

Ryche: Beautiful patch, there's a couple patches that size in my neighborhood. Wish I'd known you were coming up to WA, would have liked to meet ya.

To be honest though, It kinda pains me to see you selling off a shroom that grows all over here for so much. I can understand charging for spores, 'cause you worked for it- but wild shrooms are a gift- I think the price should refelct that.

Anyway- these are only good if prepared fresh in my opinion. I've had them dried and the experience was of little interest.

You don't EAT them. Just look up the A. Muscaria info on this site and others and you'll see plenty of ways to prepare them properly. The most talked about way I've been hearing about lately is heating them (fresh) on a grill or something and drinking the red "blood" that bubbles or runs out.

Sounds good- but I haven't tried it myself. This is not one of my mushroom allies, I'd thought. Perhaps I'll reconsider.

I don't pick 'em myself usually- just admire them. I did find a huge patch in Seattle one weekend that I picked and moved to another location to try and start a patch there. (Bury the stems next to a fir.)

If anybody wants some of these dried, Email me in spring. Most are gone for this year in my neighborhood, and I don't have time to go looking right now. (We have a new baby.)

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67525 - 12/06/99 02:33 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Edited by Ryche Hawk (06/05/17 05:06 PM)

Offlineoldmaverick
enthusiast
    #67526 - 12/06/99 03:13 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I posted some stuff in the the general questions forum... under a post about Amanita Muscaria trips..
Take a look, it was my experience...
As for the ritualistic uses, still doing some research about that .......
Peace

------------------
Maverick shroomed@rediffmail.com
=====================
Psychedelia in India....
We arent there yet but ,
We are getting there !!!

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #67527 - 12/08/99 03:43 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Ryche, when I read that again it did sound a little harsh. I certainly didn't mean to equate you with "stupid dealers". One of the main reasons that this page justifies it's existance is so that people can be assured that they don't get poisonous mushrooms from a dealer by growing their own. I mean, with so many varieties of the wonderful psilocybes that can be grown so easily these days, I just wonder why people would bother with the amanita. After all, who can deny the fact that they do indeed contain compounds that are almost universally labeled as poisons?
I understand a good deal of their history (hypothetical and factual) and can see their potential. Hell, I might even try them if I didn't have such wonderous fruits such as pan trops, pan cyans, multiple cubies, and azurescens to keep me busy. Perhaps someone can enlighten me. Is the experience worth it? Is it much different from the psilocybes? In what way? Or in other words why bother with poison mushrooms when safe magic mushrooms are so easily obtained?

Sorry, I'm not arguing anything, I'm really interested in this.
------------------

[This message has been edited by mycofile (edited December 08, 1999).]

--------------------

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#67528 - 12/08/99 12:56 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

>>I just wonder why people would bother with the amanita

because curiousity drives the human mind. I don't mean to downplay psilocybes or anything, it's just that there are other things out there too. Fascinating substances. I'm pretty sure that if i tried amanita that I would prefer psilocybes over them, but I'd like to have that experience. If it ever came up, I'd be familiar with that experience. There are relatives of a. muscaria that look an awful lot alike (to the untrained eye) and are poisonous, and could be mistaken. But as with all drugs, it is important to do your research before hand. I am looking forward to someday trying DMT and salvia, and if ever possible 2C-B. Oh yeah, and mescaline, I really want to try that.

There are other plant and fungus spirits out there to have a symbiotic relationship with. And some synthetics are great, and drastic in effect, yet pretty safe if you are careful and able to control yourself.

There is so much out there to be explored, there is no need to limit oneself, just be intelligent...

------------------
Now you are about to explore a second world that is outside ordinary experience -- the psychedelic world. You will encounter a new set of surprises that, though they may sometimes seem bizarre, have led pyschonauts step by step to a deeper view of the nature of reality.

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #67529 - 12/10/99 12:34 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry guys, sometimes I just come across as an ass. I don't mean to, but then I read my post later and..... well, you know.

Another Dimension, I understand your point. Well, lets not say that I'm going to limit myself. In fact the day after I have fully explored the psilocybe carriers, LSD, reefer, DMT (in all it's lovely variations), mescaline, MDMA, 2CB, perhaps a few other psychedlic amphetamines, hypnotics, disassociatives, and combinations of the above, I will move on to experiment with the Amanita.

But then again, if my unfounded paranoia against this most benevolent of life forms hasn't dissipated by then, I would probably just set myself up for one hell of a bad trip. :wink:

Sorry, i think I have inadvertantly helped lead this thread a little off-topic. The topic of this thread is that Ryche found some extremely beautiful mushrooms and is willing to share them with anybody interested. I for one would be interested in reading more "trip reports" from the amanita experiences. So, how about anybody who tries them (esp for the 1st time) you let us/me know how it goes.
Best of luck and god-bless.

------------------

--------------------

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67530 - 12/10/99 01:07 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #67531 - 12/11/99 01:52 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

How about their flavor?

------------------

--------------------

Anonymous

#67532 - 12/11/99 04:08 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

This summer I went back on vacation, to my native country in austria. A friend brought along a huge trashbag of shrooms from some forest in the alps, amongst them were some amanitas, cause I told him I would love to try them. We were unsure on how to prepare them, and also a little scared. When i was kid, roaming around the forests I always saw this mushroom, and it always evoke curiosity in me.
We had a book wich said the newest "american way" of using these, was to peel the skin of them, put them in the oven, dry them, and roll kind of a joint...well that's what we did, after smoking 4-5 joints, and waiting an hour, we decided to have a beer instead....the only thing that we felt was a kind of smoke poisening, so we did not have many cigarretts that night....and felt no affect at all! In the book there was another way, wich said, just to eat 4-5 fresh medium sized amanitas (about 4"tall, including the white dots), wich seemded like an awfull lot to us...(that would mean eating all these shrooms on the picture!!) I wish someone who is experianced with this kind of specie would write a f.a.q.
on how to use them.I am convinced it's one of the best trips to have....

hasta` la vista

B.

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#67533 - 12/11/99 09:43 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
-Peace-

www.thehawkseye.com

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale