Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinen20forme
TRUSTED CULTIVATOR
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USA
Mushrooms make me turn red...
    #6020459 - 09/01/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Mushrooms make me turn red for some reason

Does this happen to you guys?

later

N20forme

--------------------
"In the 60's we learned that in order to change the world, we must change ourselves first."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineincubaby_421
half naked andfull witted
 User Gallery

Loc: the center of the univers...
Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: n20forme]
    #6020463 - 09/01/06 10:36 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

yeah... thats called a hallucination.... common side effect of mushrooms

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: incubaby_421]
    #6020478 - 09/01/06 10:39 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Hallucinogens make many people flushed. Its not a hallucination for gods sake.

At the right dose, lsd can do this aswell.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: yageman]
    #6020512 - 09/01/06 10:46 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

i was kidding...

--------------------
"yet the more i dig, the more i consume, the more i unfold... the less protected i feel.
i am the spit on the hair of the son of an electron, swimming around the nucleus of a cell inside the sperm of a killer bee, and my purpose is as nebulous as why weve been bestowed with the capacity to give a shit" Brandon Boyd

Offlinecircularvortex
Bass Head
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #6020630 - 09/01/06 11:05 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

increased heart rate -->increased blood flow -->flushed skin

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6020654 - 09/01/06 11:10 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
i was kidding...

Well sometimes its hard to know who to take seriously on this site.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: yageman]
    #6020667 - 09/01/06 11:12 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

ok... take half of what i say seriously and take half of what i say with a grain of salt.... heh...
if it sounds ludacris i meant it to... im not dumb... i just like to fuck with people

--------------------

InvisibleEndlessNameless
Stranger

Loc: Valley of the Sun
Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: n20forme]
    #6020928 - 09/02/06 12:10 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Yes this has happened to me. It's discomforting when people keep coming up to you at social situations under the influence of mushrooms saying "omg you almost look purple"

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: EndlessNameless]
    #6023112 - 09/02/06 07:40 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

my buddy turned purple once....

--------------------

InvisibleFeanor
 User Gallery

#6023188 - 09/02/06 08:16 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I looked at myself in a mirror one time while tripping and my skin was green!

--------------------

May Terence McKenna Live Long

The DMT Chronicles

Offlineincubaby_421
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: Feanor]
    #6023581 - 09/02/06 10:52 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

blah!!! fuck some mirrors... ever spent countless hours (or minutes... who really know?!?!) popping zits whilst tripping.... just avoid the mirror scene... ive never heard of anything beneficial coming from it

--------------------

Offlineonicko721
I'm only human
Male

Loc: PNW
    #6025457 - 09/03/06 04:34 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I turn green and purple...  :crazy:

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: onicko721]
    #6025688 - 09/03/06 05:50 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Used to break out like mad the day after any nice sized dose.

It was always a combination of the flushed skin and the natural stress of a comeup of that intensity.

Its kind of gross though, the whole popping pimples thing. Im sure thats actually somewhat common. I have tried that once or twice when tripping just out of curiosity. Its a short lived affair though because I realize that my whole face is plumped up and filled with more fluid than usual.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineSilent_Vinny
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6025753 - 09/03/06 06:20 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

I kept thinking I looked like that Animal I saw, to everybody...guess it didn't matter I was tripping balls.

I was fuucked. But I learned so much from it, oddly. Looking back..it all makes sense.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: Silent_Vinny]
    #6026440 - 09/03/06 11:01 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

sigh if any of you people know shamans and people of those such use this stuff for spiritual reasons and in those cases they see people as different colors corresponding to peoples Aura colors or rather colour of the energy in which they emit. if your glowing certain colours it usually has a reason and meaning if you turn green depending on the shade that could mean your a person of Relationships, Love, Acceptance, Self-Control, Compassion, Guilt, Forgiveness, Harmony, Peace, Renewal, Growth or under going such in your life and so forth green is the colour of the heart, love and balance. i suggest you read into the stuff and be aware of what you see and have it interpreted by some one who know like a psychic or priest or shaman or something like. Tripping can teach you alot about yourself and surrounding from that you can integrate it into your life and hopefully become a better person. peace i hope you understand at least in the slightest way what i mean ...

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Edited by thedudenj (09/03/06 11:04 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: thedudenj]
    #6026555 - 09/03/06 11:58 PM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Im sorry thedudenj, but I think you are talking about shamanism as if you actually know what you are saying.
This thread has to do with physiology(people getting flushed), not some doctrine involving an immediate spiritual intuition of truths believed to transcend ordinary understanding, or of a direct, intimate union of the soul with God through contemplation, ecstasy, or color for that matter.

Maybe you misread something.....
-------------------------------------------------------------------
On a side note, and not to be an asshole:

Im ready to learn from these drugs, but im sure as hell not interested in how colors dictate or reflect the my experiences...
If I know anything about shamanism, and I do, thats the low end.

"sigh"..........(in your own words)........

These drugs have alot to offer as do some shamans when guiding you throught the experience. The second they try to interpret my experience by color, im gone.....

I believe in the power of icaros, and believe in the knowledge of any legit shaman. I dont believe in people who "sigh" and make some random comment no one should have to listen to.

God forbid someone reads up on auras because of you and applies them to their trips. It just dilutes the message of the mushrooms in every way.
I also believe in auras, but they sure as shit are not based on a concrete color scheme.

Get bent about my comments. More importantly though, get real and realize that the greatest things mushrooms have to offer are not in any book.
Colors are very significant sometimes, but not to the degree in which you feel so enlightened.
sigh.

Sorry, I just cant help but to say that although you might be on to something dudenj........

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (09/04/06 12:03 AM)

Offlineeyehavenoi
bread basket

#6026634 - 09/04/06 12:34 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

incubaby_421 said:
blah!!! fuck some mirrors... ever spent countless hours (or minutes... who really know?!?!) popping zits whilst tripping.... just avoid the mirror scene... ive never heard of anything beneficial coming from it

One time after I smoked a little herb I discovered the startling effects of mirrors. I've heard before that you weren't supposed to look into them while tripping but I had only smoked some jane.. it was sort of interesting at first, I could sort of morph my reflection. But after letting it morph for too long it becomes something entirely different and horrifying. I only remember two significant morphings, once my face was pale green and looked aged and dying. The other, and most terrifying, my mouth extended into a a huge evil grin,ecompassing the entire sides of my face.

Two of my friends were looking into the mirror with me when the second one happened and they saw the same thing. So that experience was either a joint hallucination or something else.

Avoid mirrors.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: eyehavenoi]
    #6027369 - 09/04/06 07:40 AM (17 years, 6 months ago)

oh in no way is it too concrete but yes u know the initial post was about that then other people started saying other stuff like my buddy turned purple or i turned green and purple and how do you know i dont have shaman ancestry? or have visited shamans or in fact both?... i think you took what i said beyond the scope of what i said alittle. I have a hard time trying to say what im trying to say cause i have mild autism like Syd barrett so im sorry to get the point of what i say u cant really read it and fully grasp you kinda have to be with me in person i use my voice and face and such in a way that causes better understanding

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlineepilectric
low dose
Male User Gallery

Loc: Vienna
Re: Mushrooms make me turn red... [Re: thedudenj]
    #6745383 - 04/04/07 07:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

got the same problem sometimes
but not always
i can literally watch the red spots come and go
and no, this is not a hallucination
the red spots still remain after the trip, sometimes they last for days
at other times i get totally pale, without red spots
i also got the impression that shrooms cause sunken cheeks
what do you think?

--------------------
i :heartpump: shroomery

https://soundcloud.com/cyberhops/tracks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract