Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Poppy Farming in BC
    #6740197 - 04/02/07 08:51 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

A friend of mine is looking into poppy farming in BC, assumedly along the Fraser river.
Btw, this friend does not do any drugs and rarely ever drinks more than 1 beer at a time.

He was talking about how the Gov't currently imports a lot of opium for medicine, despite there already being Gov't licensed poppy farms in BC, and that our Gov't was looking to start producing more opium locally.

If this plan proves to be a worthwhile one I wouldn't hesitate to partner up in this idea.

I'm wondering what info people might be able to share that could help me with data gathering... concerning aquiring a license, field work required, how you sell the crop (do you sell if straight to pharmaceutical companies?) and everything else involved (equipment, type of land wanted, how much annual work is involved).

Since this has nothing to do with looking to get high, but is concerning a legal business concept, could people pm me of any current poppy farms in BC? I'm not looking for drug sources, nor would I need/care for them. The farm's I knew of in the past don't appear to have the web address' they used to, and they don't show up on Google either. I'm wondering if this means something concerning business troubles with the Gov't or other reasons - like it just wasn't a profitable enough business in the first place.

The poppies.org forums seem to be gone, otherwise I'd go there first.

Again, any and all information, experience and advice that anyone can share is welcome.

Also, if anybody knows a step by step layout for everything involved with this idea, sharing it would be helpful.

Edited by Disco Cat (04/02/07 09:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDisco Cat
iS A PoiNdexteR

Re: Poppy Farming in BC [Re: Disco Cat]
    #6740343 - 04/02/07 09:31 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

I've found a couple bc farms, IP and PS. Any others I'd still like to know of. Did OK shut down? There were a couple others that I remember of, one specifically identifying itself as a gov't licensed farm.

Anyone have an idea how much money'd be needed to start something like this up, or how much land would be needed and how big a crop that'd produce? I'm thinking of emailing some existing farms and asking questions, but they might not like the idea of another poppy farm springing up too much.

I'm wondering if you even need a license for this, and if existing companies even sell it to pharmaceuticals or only individuals and craft/floral companies.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Cultivation Supplies