Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Loc: NSW, Australia
*bah* Help please!
    #673700 - 06/11/02 07:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I had a nasty trip. I'm still feeling really anxious.. I found this in the Mushroom FAQ:
Surgeon General's Warning: One of the aftereffects of psilocybin (and most all psychedelics for that matter) is "emotional fluctuation", i.e. things that would make you a bit happy cause euphoria and conversely things you don't like cause depression. At its worst this is a real manic-depressive rollercoaster, but usually the fluctuations are more positive than negative ("It's Monday morning and I feel GRRRRRRREAT!"). At any rate, this rarely lasts longer than a day or two, so don't worry about it.

Does anyone know how much longer I'll have to put up with these fluctuating emotions? I feel happy and great for half an hour then I return to anxious, sickly feelings. It sucks.. help anyone?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: _JJ_]
    #673716 - 06/11/02 08:05 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I donno, could last weeks, months... I've heard of it never going away.

Heres a hing though
"At any rate, this rarely lasts longer than a day or two, so don't worry about it."

OfflineTeKHeAD009
Stranger
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: TeKHeAD009]
    #673718 - 06/11/02 08:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

*hint

Thats what I get for being a smartass I guess...

Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
    #673856 - 06/11/02 09:28 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Come on...

Just remember that EVERYTHING is inside our heads. Even the trips
are created by ourselves, without knowing it.

So, dont stick on words you see written - its not the Bible [ you shouldnt
stick to it also, my opinion ]

Cool down, start thinking something else and find something to do this week
which has nothing to do with shrooms. Forget this forum for a week if needed.

Everything will be allright!

Kykeon

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#674082 - 06/12/02 02:42 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: Barbi]
    #674087 - 06/12/02 02:52 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks guys.. any idea how much longer I'll have to endure this? It's really getting me down.. I try to fight it but the feelings keep returning..

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#674091 - 06/12/02 02:56 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

OfflineAsanteA
light your candle on my love
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here - Right Now
    #674110 - 06/12/02 03:44 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

That's some unpleasant shit, JJ!

Oscillating between the Good & the Bad after tripping usually means an inner conflict is activated. Usually it subsides by itself within one to two weeks & quite spontaniously too. It tends to get a positive resolution & generally you won't be stuck with the intensity of unpleasantness you're facing now.

My advice: Meditate passively. Lie in your bed in darkness, eyes closed and be willing to face whatever surfaces. Breathing intensely and quickly (Holotropic Breathwork technique) may intensify & resolve the problem involved. Usually if you KNOW what's bugging you you can work with it, or it resolves by itself without you having a clue WTF went down.

Smoking pot may also trigger this upsurge, so no casual potsmoking the coming days, OK. Just smoke it (if you like the stuff) & retreat to bedsetting.
Since you dislike facing it i'd advise against major psychoactives for at least a week after the badness has worn of. Yeah: easy recommending!
I wish you strenght for the coming days.

--------------------
CLICK ONE -->  :redpill:  :bluepill:  <-- GO PLACES
SEARCH ENGINE  SUPPORT TICKETS  STORE  SPONSORS/VENDORS  AMANI
PSYCHOSIS, SYNCHRONICITIES, SHAMANISM & THE SUPERNATURAL WA&F

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #674122 - 06/12/02 04:21 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

You'll be fine. Every now and then drugs give you a low, but pretty much most of the time it only lasts less than a week. Just keep your head up and keep listening to positive music. Try keep yourself busy and the time will fly and you'll be fine before you know it.

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: Asante]
    #674142 - 06/12/02 04:48 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Oscillating between the Good & the Bad after tripping usually means an inner conflict is activated.

Like he needs more nonsense. It means that the brains' delicate balance has been upset and will take some time to restabilize. It is not, as kykeon states: "All in your head" as some psychological response to the trip, but is in fact, bio-chemical.

You might try some nootropics (do a search) to help boost serotonin levels which sound like they have been lowered dramatically. You will recover in a few days. Stay off of all drugs for a while.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: Swami]
    #674156 - 06/12/02 05:01 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hey, Swami: to each his own!

I firmly believe in Stanislav Grof's Holotropic theories, but I know Biology must be involved too. Perhaps the truth lies in the middle somewhere.
My major ref is S.Grof's "LSD Psychotherapy". Got any refs on the Bioside of the story? P.E.A.C.E !!!

--------------------

From the Outcasts to the Incrowd, from the Clueless to the Helpful, it takes the whole Shroomery to help a n00b

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #674408 - 06/12/02 08:50 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Whats making you anxious? Is it somthing irrational? Somthing that happened in the past?

Some times i get into extremly paranoid from thinking about death. Stupid crap i did in the past and somtimes completely irrational stuff.

Best thing for me is to be like "ok dude whats bothering you". I write it down on a piece of paper. THen i start to think about why its bothering me. I write that down too. Then i try to come up to a solution this way.

Im kinda wierd but that helps me. Usually i get these feelings week or so after i trip and is usually triggered by Marijuana for me atleast.

These kinds of things is why im not going to trip often at all anymore.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: baraka]
    #674412 - 06/12/02 08:53 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Also, try talking about it with a close friend, your mom, sister, or whoever you feel confortable with. You'll pull thru it dude. Dont worry bout it.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineGmiadlicher
Stranger
    #674422 - 06/12/02 08:57 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Ithink it was 2 or 3 years ago...

I hab a very bad and long lastin backflash from all the shrooms and things,...
anyway

Everything stratet to move and look strange you know and there where things goin on in my head good and bad but more bad! At this time i couldnt go with it or control it couse it was new and ive been younger ,...

So i didnt know how to change it by think about it but then i did the thing that changed it rapidly : SPORTS! In my case body building! I was realy pressed down and so, and when i startet to train it was very strange i could do much more continous of every different excercises and i pushed my self MORE and MORE it was crazy!
When i finished training i felt like reborn! It shure still was there but it had changed! the moving the straining and movin of my body felt so good that my brain felt better to!

I still do body building (Im not a juicer FUCK steroids!) and do good working and lots of smoking (i dont smoke cigarrets ) and a good amount of shroomin!
Without SPorts it would SUCK! But with the Sports and d good positive mind
Live is.....Great

--------------------
Respect, consider and take every form of Life seriously... especially Plants and Trees

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: Gmiadlicher]
    #674562 - 06/12/02 10:37 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks again for all the advice guys.. it helps a lot. Reassures me I keep having small flashbacks.. I'm starting to cope with em tho. I was reading up on PTSD and it seems I have a couple of the symptoms listed.. I went into a dissasociative state last night for about a minute.. it scared the hell outta me. Every now and then I'll get a moment of sudden fear and then it will subside. I have a racing hearbeat a lot of the time.
I was woken up just then in a sleep paralysis state and it felt like I was having the scariest panic attack of my life. My brain felt like it was jammed and my heart rate felt extremely high.. this was probably just an illusion as I was still dreaming. Really scary though.

Whats making you anxious? Is it somthing irrational? Somthing that happened in the past?
Ahh.. it's not just one thing. It's like many things make me anxious.. I'll be good for a while and then I'll feel somewhat strange in my stomach.. then I start thinking bad thoughts and the anxiety returns. Bad thoughts like.. how much longer will my parents live? what's the point in life? how did i find joy in all the things i used to love? will these feelings ever go away? did i fuck my brain up permanently? Usually once I convince myself that these are stupid thoughts they'll go away and I'll feel good again.. but then they slowly creep back. Also when I have my eyes closed I sometimes have these strange moments where it feels like my brain is zapping itself.. like your vision fills white white for a split second and then releases.. like a brain reboot or somethin lol.

Do you think 5-htp would help? I've got melatonin too.. I've tried thinking about what I fear and, under the advice form some PTSD sites, mentally reliving what I had experienced during the trip in order to work out my problems. I feel like this has helped a bit. I'm going to try and sleep a bit more.. night!

Edited by _JJ_ (06/12/02 10:42 AM)

OfflineGmiadlicher
Stranger
    #674693 - 06/12/02 12:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Do you think its good when a thing has made you sick in your brain and you fight it with an other fuckin thing?

You bust beat the fuck in your head with your head not with any other substance!

Ok imean thats what i think

peace

--------------------
Respect, consider and take every form of Life seriously... especially Plants and Trees

OfflineHBS
Male

Re: *bah* Help please! [Re: Gmiadlicher]
    #674867 - 06/12/02 02:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I am not going to give you utter reassurance because I don't have the necessary facts to reassure you, but I'll go from my own experience ...

90% of the many trips I've taken have been bad or life-changing experiences. I continue to trip for many reasons, but I won't go into that now because it isn't necessary.

After this one trip I took on a 1/4 in december, I "learned" things which have not left me at all. I was shattered mentally and had many panic attacks and hallucinations (while sober) because of the trip. Essentially, the trip made me believe my entire life was a lie, and that life itself is completely fake: all the people are actors, all the environments are just stages, and everything is just scripted. Nothing can make you happy, etc. So in sober life I am convinced anything can happen, and I sometimes start getting into weird thought patterns which I could call "flashbacks" for lack of a better word. Emotionally, I have been finding things I enjoy to be heavenly and things I don't to be spikes in my back. Everything is to one extreme or the other now.

Because of the intensity of the experience I had, I don't think I will ever truly forget it. Life has become better now in general (great, actually) and I don't think about that trip as much anymore. Though I'm scarred, it isn't too deep anymore. Tripping more won't necessarily worsen the situation but it could, so I'd stay away from that for a little while.

Just get your life back on track before you start exploring your mind again.

As to the comment about it all being in your head, not only is the trip in your head but reality is, too. All reality is is your PERCEPTION of what's there. Kind of like, the glass is half empty/the glass is half full. Everybody sees things differently, so seeing things differently isn't bad at all, it's just different. It can be disorienting after a bad trip to see the world in such a different fashion, but either it will go away or not be as severe eventually.

Best of luck.

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#675830 - 06/13/02 12:02 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hang inthere, JJ: it may not take very long before it will subside.

Tripping can be quite a shock mentally and, as Swami pointed out, biochemically too. The major thing now is to trust yourself & the shroom as much as you can. Well over 99% of setbacks are temporary and real "brain damage" is virtually impossible, except for maybe HPPD, so I've read almost anywhere.

Those closed-eye white flashes... A month or so I wrote a thread called "0.1sec of EVERYTHING, had that too?" well: it happens to people, so it's likely not something to worry about.

Try not to worry. I know that's easier said than done, but saying to yourself "Things 'll work out for the best: I'll be fine in some time" is one of the best things to do. Try not to fight it, as fighting your Demon tends to instill more fears & anxieties in you than accepting you'll be in limbo fore some time. Fighting frantically makes Bad Trips & frustrated people happen in alot of cases.

5-HTP & Melatonin? I'd like to disrecommend those now, since they're serotonin-based Psychotropics. I can recommend strong vits & mins and especially Niacinamide (a "no-flush" vitamin B3; Note AMIDE, not Nicotinic ACID; dosage like 100mg per 40kg/100lbs bodyweight twice daily) and Tryptophan. Tryp may be hard to get in a pure form in the US, but (warm) milk & Turkeymeat are rich in it to the point of elevating your Serotonin the Natural way. But 5-HTP may be too strong for you right now.
I wish you the Best, JJ, & don't give up Hope!

--------------------

Offline_JJ_
PsychedelicRevolutionary
    #675857 - 06/13/02 12:45 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the help everyone.. gives me hope I went to the doc today.. he took an ECG and called up his friend in Emergency. He said it's normal except my pulse is high. Also, his friend said they see these symptoms all the time and that shrooms can act as an anti-chlorigenic or something and can leave a raised heartbeat for a week or so so he gave me a thing called BetaBloc to use till Monday. He also took a blood and urine sample. I feel a bit better after taking it.. more in control of my mind and my emotions though there is still that feeling of anxiety in my stomach that comes and goes.. but it's more managable.
I'm going to go see the doc tomorrow and on Monday.. hopefully all is good with the tests and I'll be sweet. Wish me luck

OfflineAsanteA
Male User Gallery

#675866 - 06/13/02 01:09 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Great you're feeling better, JJ!

B?tablockers like Propranolol & Pindolol can indeed calm you down greatly. Be careful not to stand up to quickly. You may get "orthostatic hypotension", a sudden fall in bloodpressure when standing up, especially with THC or on a hot day that can leave you lightheaded, with a throbbing headache or even a fainitng spell. Heavy stuff, B?tablockers.

Shrooms Anticholinergic?! ("Belladonna/Atropine-like") Sorry, never read that nowhere, but I do know stresses & anxieties may pump up heartbeat and bloodpressure just like Anticholinergics.
Take them vits & mins anyhoo, JJ! Hope you're well soon & your tests work out just fine.

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: 5-HTP, Melatonin

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience