Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Retarded shrooms by a retard grower with retard pics [Re: Darkness55]
    #6727164 - 03/30/07 05:34 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Darkness55 said:
some of mine are coming out like that, i used lysol to clean also. I have two different strains growing right now, one has dark caps and the others all have white caps? any clue what the white caped ones are?

Too humid, probably. Increase your FAE after misting / the humidifier kicking on...

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

- How Myco-Curious Prepares Coir & Compost Substrates
- How Myco-Curious Builds A Bulk Humidifier
- How Myco-Curious Builds An Automated Greenhouse
------------------------------------
figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: Retarded shrooms by a retard grower with retard pics [Re: mycocurious]
    #6728493 - 03/30/07 02:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

no such thing as to humid

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

And I am mentally unstable.

OfflineDarkness55
Stranger
    #6728511 - 03/30/07 02:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

mycocurious said:

Too humid, probably. Increase your FAE after misting / the humidifier kicking on...

what is FAE, the caseings are in a big container with perlite, I haven't been spraying them because they were getting water spots on the caps.

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
    #6728556 - 03/30/07 03:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

FAE-Frequent Air Exchange. Sometimes with a strain a mutant sub-strain can take over from a sporeprint. when this happens because every spore is slightly different genetically. It could also be environmental. spraying lysol, or having too much lysol residue, some bacteria can mutate shrooms.....ect, ect, ect...

...how did the other strains turn out??? if they are all mutant then its environmental. if it's only that strain, it's genetic.

--------------------

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#6728777 - 03/30/07 04:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Darkness55 said:
what is FAE, the caseings are in a big container with perlite, I haven't been spraying them because they were getting water spots on the caps.

I use a pump action wand mister - the kind you'd normally put pesticides in - to mist the mushies and water DOES get on the caps.  However, after I get them rather nice and soaked, I've gotten in the habit of taking them out of their chamber and placing them on a table and fanning them from several angles each until all caps no longer had any water drops.  Still being damn is fine, but no absolute wetspots.

My primary concern is to make sure each misting gets the casing layer "nearly saturated" and then I fan the shit out of them to remove excess moisture off the caps. Takes more time, more personal interaction but my second flush yielded mushies that weighed in at 20 grams each on a 2" thick substrate - which, AFAIK isn't too damn shabby.

LOL, I love it when you have to cut a cap off to make it fit in the dehydrator and the stem is dead solid and turns instantly blue from the scissors.  :grin:

As always, your results may vary... :justdontknow:

--------------------
:justdontknow: Don't mistake my tone for a "matter-of-fact" attitude.  I'm just presenting what I believe to be correct, until I'm corrected...

figgusfiddus said:
Keep in mind that inoculating or whatever in front of a flow hood won't help your bad substrate, your bad inoculant, your bad sterile procedure, etc. etc. etc. It's not a +3 flowhood of magic, it's just a tool.

Edited by mycocurious (03/30/07 04:10 PM)

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: Retarded shrooms by a retard grower with retard pics [Re: budmanman]
    #6728883 - 03/30/07 04:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:

Agreed,as long as water is not pooling on the surface humidity is always a good thing

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

Re: Retarded shrooms by a retard grower with retard pics [Re: Blutjager]
    #6730244 - 03/31/07 12:23 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Quote:

budmanman said:

Agreed,as long as water is not pooling on the surface humidity is always a good thing

Don't get me wrong, there's no way in hell I'm ever going to dedicate this much hands-on attention to them, but I figured it would be more valuable to learn what I'm doing right/wrong MANUALLY before I tried automating the process.  :grin:

--------------------

figgusfiddus said:

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6730339 - 03/31/07 12:50 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i just dont get it, there isnt to much humidity uhh manually perlitey?

--------------------
Everything I have ever said is total bogus bs I am full of crud therefore everything I say should never be taken literal.

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#6730387 - 03/31/07 01:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
i just dont get it, there isnt to much humidity uhh manually perlitey?

I think the question your asking me is why I mist so frequently and heavily?  :justdontknow:

While the relative humidity of the ambient air within the chamber is important, somewhere along the lines I've read and personally noticed that quality of pinsets formed has a direct relationship with maintaining a steady rate of evaporation off the top of the casing layer.

Don't get me wrong, I allow plenty of natural filtered-air and relative humidity to build up in my chamber through the use of self-ventilated tubs and deep layers of moist perlite.  The chamber itself maintains about a 88-91% relative humidity but I'm more concerned about the humidity generated by the casings themselves as they evaporate off...

(my fruiting chamber)

--------------------

figgusfiddus said:

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6730389 - 03/31/07 01:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

mine did not evaporate at all as I hold a 99% humidity and get huge harvests,

--------------------

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#6730402 - 03/31/07 01:09 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

budmanman said:
mine did not evaporate at all as I hold a 99% humidity and get huge harvests,

lol, ok, I defer to your wisdom dude.  I've made no claim to being any sort of expert or overtly knowledgeable resource.  I'm just fairly good at regurgitating what I've learned through personal experience and reasonable research and deduction.

I can't even figure out what put you on the defensive yet.  :justdontknow:

--------------------

figgusfiddus said:

Invisiblebudmanman
OTD Masterbater
Male

#6730418 - 03/31/07 01:15 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

you could get a more even pinset, you dont want that? I jave grown in tubs bins and greenhouses, and the green house stays at 99% and has been the most effective method I have ever used.

--------------------

Invisiblemycocurious
Mike O. Kuerias
Male User Gallery

#6730898 - 03/31/07 06:38 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have absolutely no doubt that greenhouses and automated systems are the way to go to produce higher yields with less manual labor.  I even believe that the post where I said "MANUALLY" that seemed to upset you started off stating there was no way in hell I would ever dedicate this much time to a single grow in the future...

The point I was trying to make was that I am finding it invaluable to learn how to do everything manually this first time in terms of FAE & relative humidity because it seemed easier to be able to find and understand what people meant by a "sweet-spot" of moisture to filtered-air exchange.

Hope I cleared that up because I'm kinda over it... :gethigh:

--------------------

figgusfiddus said:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck