Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota
What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God?
    #6729860 - 03/30/07 10:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Satan has greatly deceived the world. The world is NOTHING like he has led us to believe. The bible's very existence is PROOF that Jesus of Nazareth is God. The world will make Satan their king. Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God. He will offer MANY signs, all of them FALSE. He will prey on the ignorance of mankind. He will try to kill the image of God & replace it with himself.

"So I tell you what has to happen for you to believe my children? A sign? If you are seeking a sign you are seeking the evil one for it is he who will give you the signs you seek so that you may believe. He has already tricked you into doubting me. I AM the only one who can save you. Come back to me my children before its to late."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Demotriton]
    #6729872 - 03/30/07 10:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to Disney World!  :dumblol:

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
    #6729879 - 03/30/07 10:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Satan has greatly deceived the world.

I can certainly see one person in this forum who's been decieved.

--------------------

OfflineWee
Stranger
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Diploid]
    #6729884 - 03/30/07 10:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:

:banana:

OfflineSneezingPenis
ACHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!111!
 User Gallery
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Wee]
    #6729889 - 03/30/07 10:35 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Proof that Evangelists do more than Lay people.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Silversoul]
    #6729901 - 03/30/07 10:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Here's more food for thought for those who believe in the bible...

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely...
He who controls the present, conquers the future; He who conquers the future, controls the past...

If god is infinitely powerful, that would mean he would be infinitely corrupt. And what if Lucifer, the greatest of gods angels, tried to right these wrongs and was cast into hell? God had won, the scriptures tell of His word. It is He who tells us that Lucifer was the one of evil ambition, yet how do we know? We can't because God has won and controls what we know.

So, would going to Hell actually be so bad? If Lucifer were to be righting the wrong of a corrupt being, would the domain he was cast into, and harbors all the sinning souls, be what we are told? Or would he try to create what heaven should be?

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FreeUrThoughts]
    #6729912 - 03/30/07 10:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1 John 2:22
who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist the one that denies the father & the son.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6729933 - 03/30/07 10:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
who is the liar if it is not the one that denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the Antichrist the one that denies the father & the son.

This goes about the idea of us being the sheep and Jesus the Shepard. Well, we were given the ability to think for ourselves. Through being given this gift of sentient thought we have done good and we have done bad. However, being a sheep means giving up the gift of sentience. Therein lies the hypocrisy: We are given the gift of sentience and are told not to think for ourselves. Also, who are we to deny ourselves a gift from the all-knowing and all-powerful? If he never wanted us to be more than sheep, he shouldn't have bestowed us with such a wondrous gift.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6730016 - 03/30/07 11:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

Heyyy, isn't that some kind of metaphysical nepotism? Frankly, unless you include the Holy Mother, I'm not going to give much credence to your patriarchal Godhead. The books that were chosen for the canonical Bible were chosen by patriarchal, misogynistic and in all probability homosexual males whose legacy is evident in the Roman Catholic Church to this day (not to mention prominent televangelists).

Don't believe everything you read there Rube. You're giving way too much trust to the corrupt men who selected those words and who rejected others that would have lent balance with an opposite perspective. BTW, Jesus and Paul were BOTH in error about the immanence of the Apocalypse, if indeed they were actually referring to historical events instead of talking metaphorically and symbolically about one's inner state of being lived in the Eternal Present instead of time. Perhaps you haven't contemplated this as a real possibility. Perhaps you have no comprehension of what I am saying. Perhaps you too are a computer-generated program who cannot grok human organicity, synchronicity, simultaneity, and spontaneity. Neither could The Architect in 'The Matrix,' the Gnostic Demiurge, the Blakeian 'Nobodaddy.'

'Christianity Must Change, or Die' - John Shelby Spong

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6730047 - 03/30/07 11:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

#6730094 - 03/30/07 11:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm up with the validity. It's the editors and the sheer humanity I'm iffy about. I'm also not big on those literal interpretations. I think Christ is the equivalent of a redemptive function, a symbol so to speak of a possibility that is inherent in us all -- on that much, we're probably in agreement. Where we may be in disagreement is that I also believe that different cultures have different symbols, not to mention -- different editors.

Music of the Hour: Down With the Sickness [CAUTION: Graphic Content]

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: spiritualemerg]
    #6730115 - 03/30/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Does there need to be anymore proof?

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/jesusgd2.htm

OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
    #6730140 - 03/30/07 11:49 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I know all about the protection clauses that were introduced, pronouncing anyone anathema who adds or detracts from the canon (I earned a Master of Theological Studies degree from a reputable United Methodist seminary at Drew University, plus 29 years of post-Masters pondering). Can I hear you say: "What if?" just one time? You can do it! Imagine you've been hoodwinked like the majority of Humankind by a publication forged of many corrupt agendas. Multiple authors who go by the name of Paul (either that or one man with a Dissociative Disorder, formerly Multiple Personality Disorder). Book burnings?! Later, possession of scriptures resulted in the death penalty! For God sakes man, take off your blinders! The sky will not fall!

Heresy-hunters like Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Tertullian (who was later declared a Montanist heretic himself) set the stage for centuries of pure evil: persecutions, crusades, witch hunts, the Inquisition. These are a huge part of Christian history which based its justifications on the canon, and which are NOT Christian at all! None of it! Furthermore, you or anyone else cannot simply rationalize these things away. Christianity requires radical reformulation since it is painfully obvious that its institutional form does not work and never has. Only a few, essentially invisible Christians have ever understood and lived The Way.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #6730195 - 03/31/07 12:04 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1 Thessalonians 5:2
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Did you actually think you would know?

Offlinehot48yearolds
Dharmakaya
Male User Gallery

Loc: lazy river road
    #6730220 - 03/31/07 12:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MarkostheGnostic said:
Yeah, I know all about the protection clauses that were introduced, pronouncing anyone anathema who adds or detracts from the canon (I earned a Master of Theological Studies degree from a reputable United Methodist seminary at Drew University, plus 29 years of post-Masters pondering). Can I hear you say: "What if?" just one time? You can do it! Imagine you've been hoodwinked like the majority of Humankind by a publication forged of many corrupt agendas. Multiple authors who go by the name of Paul (either that or one man with a Dissociative Disorder, formerly Multiple Personality Disorder). Book burnings?! Later, possession of scriptures resulted in the death penalty! For God sakes man, take off your blinders! The sky will not fall!

Heresy-hunters like Irenaeus, Hippolytus, Tertullian (who was later declared a Montanist heretic himself) set the stage for centuries of pure evil: persecutions, crusades, witch hunts, the Inquisition. These are a huge part of Christian history which based its justifications on the canon, and which are NOT Christian at all! None of it! Furthermore, you or anyone else cannot simply rationalize these things away. Christianity requires radical reformulation since it is painfully obvious that its institutional form does not work and never has. Only a few, essentially invisible Christians have ever understood and lived The Way.

I like how he just skipped over this post and will never answer it.

Demotriton: Can you speak like a normal human being and not a preacher. Do you talk like that with your friends? You sound like your possesed by the devil. How do you know the devil isnt possesing you and tricking you to believe that he is god?

Can you please answer these questions for me? If you do I'll go to church.

And read the quote in my signature, it may help you.

--------------------
"Truth is more in the process than in the result."
- J. Krishnamurti

"We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived." Wei Wu Wei

Edited by hot48yearolds (03/31/07 12:17 AM)

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: hot48yearolds]
    #6730397 - 03/31/07 01:07 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ill likely cheerfully welcome my new demonic overlords :smile: Even a Satan would be preferable to 'christian' conservative politicians :smile:

Quote:

Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God.

something like Alexander the Great then. So he'll be a glorious leader it would seem, for only the greatest kings get to become Gods on earth. Well he can count on my vote then.

Edited by aryah (03/31/07 01:41 AM)

Invisiblespiritualemerg
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: aryah]
    #6730586 - 03/31/07 02:31 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

MarkostheGnostic: unless you include the Holy Mother, I'm not going to give much credence to your patriarchal Godhead.

But of course -- Christos is the redemptive function for the feminine; Sophia serves in the same role for the masculine.

Quote:

Stanzas Of The Soul

1. One dark night,
fired with love's urgent longings
- ah, the sheer grace! -
I went out unseen,
my house being now all stilled.

2. In darkness, and secure,
by the secret ladder, disguised,
- ah, the sheer grace! -
in darkness and concealment,
my house being now all stilled.

3. On that glad night,
in secret, for no one saw me,
nor did I look at anything,
with no other light or guide
than the one that burned in my heart.

4. This guided me
more surely than the light of noon
to where he was awaiting me
- him I knew so well -
there in a place where no one appeared.

5. O guiding night!
O night more lovely than the dawn!
O night that has united
the Lover with his beloved,
transforming the beloved in her Lover.

6. Upon my flowering breast
which I kept wholly for him alone,
there he lay sleeping,
and I caressing him
there in a breeze from the fanning cedars.

7. When the breeze blew from the turret,
as I parted his hair,
it wounded my neck
with its gentle hand,
suspending all my senses.

8. I abandoned and forgot myself,
laying my face on my Beloved;
all things ceased; I went out from myself,
leaving my cares
forgotten among the lilies.

Source: The Dark Night of the Soul

Music of the Hour: Be

--------------------
~ Kindness is cheap.  It's unkindness that always demands the highest price.

Blogs: Spiritual Emergency | Spiritual Recovery | Voices of Recovery | A Jungian Approach to Psychosis

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Loc: Between
    #6730716 - 03/31/07 03:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The onliest human. who proclaims he is GOD is the antichrist. Why do you think Jesus never proclaimed to be GOD ?
That's what others did and immediately fall into the trap of SATAN. Those who proclaim Jesus as GOD worship SATAN, in fact.
Christ and GOD are two different shoes !

Interesting lecture on the historical undermining of the christian church:
http://video.google.de/videoplay?docid=4774360285024764342&q=secret

--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: BlueCoyote]
    #6730751 - 03/31/07 03:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

BlueCoyote said:
The onliest human. who proclaims he is GOD is the antichrist. Why do you think Jesus never proclaimed to be GOD ?
That's what others did and immediately fall into the trap of SATAN. Those who proclaim Jesus as GOD worship SATAN, in fact.

oh, people often proclaim themselves god, powerfull people did that throuought millenia even during their life. Nothing wrong with that, its even sensible when the concept of god was not extremely abstract as today.

Offlinelobotomix
Stranger

#6730792 - 03/31/07 04:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

hello demotrition...

i'm not a church or religion man, and i respect what you are doing.
i decide not to believe any of it, but i know that everything is possible.... so i'll never say that the antichrist/armageddon thing talked about in the bible is false.

if "satan" will problaim himself as "god", and they make all people "worship satan"..... i'm probably going to make sure i have a knife or some poison with me at all times.
so i can kill myself before they get their hands on me to torture me, just because i am a man of love :tongue:

peace to all believers and not-believers

Edited by lobotomix (03/31/07 04:44 AM)

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#6730799 - 03/31/07 04:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aryah said:
Quote:

BlueCoyote said:

oh, people often proclaim themselves god, powerfull people did that throuought millenia even during their life. Nothing wrong with that, its even sensible when the concept of god was not extremely abstract as today.

Hehe, yes. Satan can incarnate on this world many times. He always does that in the name of g*d.
Those who proclaim to be Satan are only some power hungry minor demons :grin:

--------------------
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6730802 - 03/31/07 04:54 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have no plans in the immediate decades to reveal anything

everything is fine

Offlinefivepointer
    #6730803 - 03/31/07 04:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Satan has greatly deceived the world. The world is NOTHING like he has led us to believe. The bible's very existence is PROOF that Jesus of Nazareth is God. The world will make Satan their king. Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God. He will offer MANY signs, all of them FALSE. He will prey on the ignorance of mankind. He will try to kill the image of God & replace it with himself.

"So I tell you what has to happen for you to believe my children? A sign? If you are seeking a sign you are seeking the evil one for it is he who will give you the signs you seek so that you may believe. He has already tricked you into doubting me. I AM the only one who can save you. Come back to me my children before its to late."

More false doctrine pours forth. You state "Satan will have authority over the whole world". He WILL have authority? Satan ALREADY rules the world for the unconverted.

The greatest deception happens in churches that call themselves "Christian". Spreading false doctrine to pervert the gospel at the same time saying "we are teaching Jesus".

So far every one of your doctrines has been false and you have not been shown the true gospel. Every false gospel proclaims things that seem plausible and reasonable, but when examined, the subtle twisting becomes obvious.

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: fivepointer]
    #6730814 - 03/31/07 05:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

The greatest deception happens in churches that call themselves "Christian". Spreading false doctrine to pervert the gospel at the same time saying "we are teaching Jesus".

So far every one of your doctrines has been false and you have not been shown the true gospel. ..

so, youre advocating a very narrowly sectarian version of christianity? Not an ecumenical one?

Offlinefivepointer
    #6730822 - 03/31/07 05:26 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aryah said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

So far every one of your doctrines has been false and you have not been shown the true gospel. ..

so, youre advocating a very narrowly sectarian version of christianity? Not an ecumenical one?

The way is narrow not broad.

Matt 7
Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matt 7
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Many who thought they were doing great works for Jesus will find out they never were one of His sheep on the last day.

Matt 7
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FreeUrThoughts]
    #6730824 - 03/31/07 05:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Therein lies the hypocrisy: We are given the gift of sentience and are told not to think for ourselves.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo Galilei

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6730860 - 03/31/07 06:14 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I already became awfully tired by these kinds of threads... where we have a big bad wolf and the good character.
All black and white and we're helpless little beings who need to accept Jesus as our Lord in order to be "saved".
Let me tell you this. We're not helpless and as I said before and I'll ever repeat it we are the only ones who can help ourselves and become better persons.
And yes, we've been deceived but not by satan. We've been deceived by other people like us that we're unable to take responsibility for our lives and actions.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinearyah
Stranger

#6730910 - 03/31/07 06:46 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

aryah said:
Quote:

fivepointer said:

The way is narrow not broad.

Id say its the presented interpretation thats narrow; for few indeed live the spirit of the word of that religion, as with any else, and make a saintly life of their daily existance, which seems a far more plausable interpretation of the quotes you give. I can hardly see how finer cultural and theological disagreements could ever measure with the profound difference in that regard.

Since were quoting scriptures of various religions, heres one quote I like:

Follow the Dharma (teaching), not the person,
The meaning, not the words,
The definitive, not the provisional,
Wisdom, not concepts.
Ratnakuta sutra

But Im essentially puzzled what are fundamentalist positions even doing on a mushroom forum. Could there be a greater incongruency?

Edited by aryah (03/31/07 06:53 AM)

Offlinearyah
Stranger

#6730949 - 03/31/07 07:18 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

patriarchal, misogynistic and in all probability homosexual males

Not to disagree much with the stated sentiment, still whats the issue with them being 'probably homosexual'? I know its likely just a neutral observation, but Id suggest that breaking a long cultural habit of considering 'homosexual' as an insult must be fought with a conscious effort to avoid even implying insultive connotations to the term in common speech.

In any way its the repression of the fact that likely better explains their hypothesized twisted psyche than would the fact itself..

Edited by aryah (03/31/07 07:20 AM)

Offlineflower_child
Dawson
Male User Gallery

#6730964 - 03/31/07 07:29 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'd just like fivepointer a question:

Why do you always have to be the only indisputable truth? Even when another Christian comes in and tries to help you, you tell them that they're wrong too; that they're spreading false doctrine even when they're saying pretty much the same things you said.
On the other hand, when someone else starts their own thread about Christianity or anything along those lines, you intrude on their thread and tell them that their "truth" is completely false no matter how alike it is to yours.

I suspect someone could copy and paste all your posts and you'd still call them out as spreading false doctrine.

I just don't understand how you expect to convince everyone that you're right when you won't even agree with someone saying the same things you say.

--------------------
Today while walking up the stairs
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
Oh how I wish he'd stay away

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: flower_child]
    #6730975 - 03/31/07 07:35 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Because he behaves like a "real" Christian... that is nobody's even close to the truth, because the only one who knows the truth is only him, never come with solid arguments, because the gospel speaks for itself and, most of all, because we're all into satan and he trying to straighten things up but we're to absorbed by the devil :crazy2:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
    #6730987 - 03/31/07 07:43 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Satan will have authority over the whole world & proclaim himself as God.

Satan....God....what's the difference? In a world of large egos someone has got to be in charge I guess. I am not impressed with authority, however.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

Loc: Palatka FL
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6731039 - 03/31/07 08:19 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

those people at the meeting at nicea in 325 ( or was it 318? ) did a pretty good job covering up the real story.

This is what the bible meant when it says somewhere "for there faith has blinded them". Your faith in this man made book by evil men back then seeking power and control has completely made you oblivious to the truth.

"for their ignorance to the truth shall bind them forever"... do your research, find that this jesus you speak so highly of like you know him personally didn't even exist in nazareth because the city wasn't even an established settlement until 300 years after his supposed death.

It hurts to find this stuff out. Been there done that. When i found out that what i had believed in all my life was a lie, i was crushed. But it opened the door. You'll be going through that same door soon enough.

--------------------

OfflineMycomyth
Demented Avenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: At the crux of the matter...
    #6731318 - 03/31/07 10:33 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Every false gospel proclaims things that seem plausible and reasonable, but when examined, the subtle twisting becomes obvious.

EXAAAACTLY.

(BTW...we still never got a simple answer from you in the other thread. :smile: )

M

--------------------
Wave upon wave of demented avengers marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

OfflineMycomyth
Demented Avenger
Male User Gallery

Loc: At the crux of the matter...
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: shizznit]
    #6731344 - 03/31/07 10:41 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shizznit said:
When i found out that what i had believed in all my life was a lie, i was crushed. But it opened the door. You'll be going through that same door soon enough.

The way truly is narrow. All the chaff must be stripped away to even begin the passage, and that takes time. :wink:

M

--------------------
Wave upon wave of demented avengers marched cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream.

OfflineKevii
Tadpole
Male

Loc: California
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Diploid]
    #6731568 - 03/31/07 11:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Diploid said:

HAHA! YES ! :tongue2:

OfflineDroz
Love of Life
 User Gallery

Loc: Floorida
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Kevii]
    #6731638 - 03/31/07 12:22 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"the bible is proof of Jesus Christ being god" ???

What a a load of bullshit, how can you go about your day like the sheep that you are.

--------------------
Evolution of Time.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Droz]
    #6731648 - 03/31/07 12:28 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i'd call dave wyndorf.

--------------------

Offlinefivepointer
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: flower_child]
    #6731809 - 03/31/07 01:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

flower_child said:
I'd just like fivepointer a question:

Why do you always have to be the only indisputable truth? Even when another Christian comes in and tries to help you, you tell them that they're wrong too; that they're spreading false doctrine even when they're saying pretty much the same things you said.
On the other hand, when someone else starts their own thread about Christianity or anything along those lines, you intrude on their thread and tell them that their "truth" is completely false no matter how alike it is to yours.

I suspect someone could copy and paste all your posts and you'd still call them out as spreading false doctrine.

I just don't understand how you expect to convince everyone that you're right when you won't even agree with someone saying the same things you say.

The so called "Christians" on this board are either Gnostics or Roman Catholics or Universalists, or some New Age collection of nonsense. The differences between these teachings and the one and only gospel of sovererign grace is night and day. The fact you can not discern one from the other shows you embrace the lies by these deceivers.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6731837 - 03/31/07 01:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Who said that the Middle Ages were gone?:rolleyes:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6731855 - 03/31/07 01:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

It doesn't matter what Christian you are, peoples ignorance like this is plaguing the world not Satan, there is no right and wrong. Its cause and effect, and anyone who continues to base their reason on something that has no substation behind it, to start pointless wars because god is talking to them, is ridiculous. Where do you get your information, Are you some type of prophet, use your dam brain and stop listening to propaganda thats holds no real ground.

Offlinefivepointer
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #6731870 - 03/31/07 01:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

And who is responsible for the Inquisition?  Who burned countless people at the stake for having an english translation of the Bible or opposing its doctrine?  Which church until recent times prevented members from reading the Bible?  The Roman Catholic church.  The modern "Protestant" churches all have basically embraced the Romanist doctrine of cooperative salvation, they are the daughters of the Mother of Harlots.  The Papacy is the seat of the Antichrist.  The combined ecumenical forces of Pseudo-Protestantism and Romanism are the tools of deception in the spiritual war.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6731875 - 03/31/07 01:48 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
And who is responsible for the Inquisition?

People who thought just like you.

--------------------

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #6731905 - 03/31/07 01:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotrition said:
The bible's very existence is PROOF that Jesus of Nazareth is God.

How?

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji
"Yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is today's dream."
"My karma ran over my dogma!"

Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6731906 - 03/31/07 01:59 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

MushroomTrip said:

And who is responsible for the Inquisition?  Who burned countless people at the stake for having an english translation of the Bible or opposing its doctrine?  Which church until recent times prevented members from reading the Bible?  The Roman Catholic church.  The modern "Protestant" churches all have basically embraced the Romanist doctrine of cooperative salvation, they are the daughters of the Mother of Harlots.  The Papacy is the seat of the Antichrist.  The combined ecumenical forces of Pseudo-Protestantism and Romanism are the tools of deception in the spiritual war.

The roman Catholics are as fundamental as you get, just cause you choose one brand of fanaticism over another doesn't make you anymore right. How do you know your interpretation is any better. Fuck man the ones I know at least believe in evolution. It seems if has logic behind it, its rejected right, you need to get real, your not deep.

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: capliberty]
    #6731917 - 03/31/07 02:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:

So far every one of your doctrines has been false and you have not been shown the true gospel. Every false gospel proclaims things that seem plausible and reasonable, but when examined, the subtle twisting becomes obvious.

And your ranting is different how? Because YOU have been shown the *true* gospel? Every believer of every religion in every culture has been shown the *true* gospel. Until your messiah comes down in a cloud of light and provides undeniable proof of his existence to every sentient on Earth, your gospel has no more credibility than say Scientology or Satanism.

--------------------

"The choiceless truth of who you are is revealed to be permanently here permeating everything. Not a thing and not separate from anything."--Gaganji

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: SoY]
    #6733235 - 03/31/07 10:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, I respect that. I am just curious as to what unbelievers are going to put your trust in when these things do happen.

I personally trust Jesus. I don't know why anyone would deny God when he loves us so much.

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6733384 - 03/31/07 11:02 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

if you believe in god then why do you trust in jesus?

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #6733425 - 03/31/07 11:19 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Don't you see the contrast in what you're saying? Everyone should have thre right to their beliefs, but they're still wrong? If you're going to use post-modernist ideas then your conclusions have to comply with that instead of using it as a platform to aggrandise your delusions. Get this crap out of the P&S forums and into the religion forums.

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #6734668 - 04/01/07 12:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I am posting this for those who will believe not for those who won't.
God offers his hand of mercy if we are willing to repent of our faults and believe in him. What God is the true God we should believe in? Christ Jesus the savior, anointed in the Holy Spirit who revealed the Father to us in the true Gospels. The bible is the most trustworthy book on the planet. It is the word of God. Anyone who denies Christ Jesus' divinity and that through him alone we are saved is influenced by the spirit of the Antichrist which comes from Satan.

I say this for those who will believe, God's choosen people who will be saved.

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #6734778 - 04/01/07 12:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God?"

:headbanger:

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #6734843 - 04/01/07 01:12 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Holy shit, IT IS JUST A BOOK!
And I'm not too crazy into fiction.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

InvisibleBridgeburner
Not spiritual at all.
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6734863 - 04/01/07 01:21 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
God offers his hand of mercy if we are willing to repent of our faults and believe in him. What God is the true God we should believe in? Christ Jesus the savior, anointed in the Holy Spirit who revealed the Father to us in the true Gospels. The bible is the most trustworthy book on the planet. It is the word of God. Anyone who denies Christ Jesus' divinity and that through him alone we are saved is influenced by the spirit of the Antichrist which comes from Satan.

that's some grade A brainwashing.

--------------------

Offlinearyah
Stranger

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Bridgeburner]
    #6735081 - 04/01/07 02:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Until your messiah comes down in a cloud of light and provides undeniable proof of his existence to every sentient on Earth, your gospel has no more credibility than say Scientology or Satanism.

I disagree, there is no possibility to offer a proof of omnipotence, omiscence or being a creator. If someone comes in a cloud of light he is no more impressive than an average greek god, or a minor indian deva. Which are simply poverfull but still relatively ignorant guys, to be feared for the same reason one would a powerfull emperor, or, say George W Bush.

So, if every sq centimeter of my room were to miraculously transform into little signs saying 'the christians are right, believe in the bible' if a transparent sphere were to appear floating in the middle of my room, displaying 'God exists' on all its walls, and out of nowhere a voice were to claim 'I am ', i still see no reason whatsoever to believe in their god, for he has demonstrated infinitesimally little compared to what he pretends to be. Moreover, I would see no relevance of the lightshow pretending to show yet another ultimate truth like i should give a damn, to the simple fact of existance, the very live experience of now, so fundamentally distinct from all the explanations and rationalisations about it...

Edited by aryah (04/01/07 04:02 PM)

Invisiblekoppie
astral projectile
Male

Loc: cloud hidden
    #6735158 - 04/01/07 03:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have very definite plans for that eventuality.

I'll:

Do a little dance,
Make a little love

and then I'll

Get down tonight!!!

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#6735497 - 04/01/07 05:06 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

Good luck with that. I hope it works out for ya.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6736021 - 04/01/07 07:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

So basically you are saying this to the people who already believe in what you are saying? That's not only non-constructive but, as seen par your track record, is insanity by definition. Any value your words might have had is gone. They have become meaningless.

Quote:

Demotriton said:God offers his hand of mercy if we are willing to repent of our faults and believe in him. What God is the true God we should believe in?

To say as much does little in the favor of this god you speak. By praising him as you do you show everybody that this god is a needy god, a god who needs us to praise him. He is a flawed god, being followed by the blind and zealous if you are to be a representation of the people you speak for and to.

Quote:

Demotriton said:Christ Jesus the savior, anointed in the Holy Spirit who revealed the Father to us in the true Gospels. The bible is the most trustworthy book on the planet. It is the word of God.

Jesus was a Jew. One hell of a Jew who did what others couldn't bring themselves to do. Maybe he was touched by god, maybe he was an incarnation of god, maybe he was a medium for god. He was still human, nothing more than one hell of a Jewish human. And a carpenter. Which brings to light another point: The bible, maybe ordained by god, didn't appear out of thin air... Humans had to write it. Humans are fallible, and to believe otherwise is just plain naivety.

Quote:

Demotriton said: Anyone who denies Christ Jesus' divinity and that through him alone we are saved is influenced by the spirit of the Antichrist which comes from Satan.

Threats of a desperate man who know not himself and blindly puts his faith in a fallible medium; he has no faith in himself. If god were omnipotent and omnipresent, he would not only be around you, but with you and in you and living through you and every single person on the face of this planet. By denying your self-worth you are denying god. By denying the gifts of sentience you are denying god. You are also being very rude by preaching, which is not being kind to your fellow man. The bible says to teach of the ways of christ, but it never says to preach christianity (which, by the way, is simply an off-shoot of Judaism, so all christians are essentially Jews of a different order).

Quote:

Demotriton said:I say this for those who will believe, God's choosen people who will be saved.

If god needs us to believe then I say he truly is afflicted with greed and avarice. I cannot believe in a god who calls himself greater than all and denies he is imperfect when it is clear as day he is. You paint a picture of this god with your myopic words. You failed god by making him a lesser being in your own eyes, and you fail yourself by not being able to see you are tarnishing his name and his word.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6736079 - 04/01/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

If god needs us to believe then I say he truly is afflicted with greed and avarice

You mean... like a roman emperor?

Quote:

By praising him as you do you show everybody that this god is a needy god, a god who needs us to praise him. He is a flawed god, being followed by the blind and zealous if you are to be a representation of the people you speak for and to.

OH MAN, I KNEW GOD WAS NARCISSISTIC!!! or at least yahweh was.

The polytheism of the egyptians made more sense than monotheism of christ or yahweh..

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Cracka_X]
    #6736179 - 04/01/07 08:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Come in child, say this prayer.....
now you are saved.

Saved.... I am?
Yes, you are.
I am, are you sure? I don't feel anything.
Yes, you really are.
But I don't feel anything.
Well, keep praying, it will happen in time...
But...
THAT IS SATAN TALKING THROUGH, YOU SATAN IS AFTER YOU, YOU INFIDEL, YOU HEATEHN!
Oh my God.... *trembles*
Would you like to make an offering? We'll meet tomorrow and go over this again okay, don't worry, you are saved.

--------------
if Christ is real I think he has blinded me to him..... he's never done anything more than drugs or meditation have done for me, even in throes of bliss in which I call out to him to sanctify and sustain this bliss. It seems the ultimate trap "keep trying, keep praying" because the ONES who want YOU to do it are the ones who are profiting off of your lack of spiritual enlightenment.

these are just views so fuck them

to me the Hare Krishnas offer a good explanation of why Christ (Krishna / any deity) is a better path than others, simply because it is a symbol to focus upon, an actual person to develop love for.

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

Edited by leery11 (04/01/07 08:34 PM)

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: leery11]
    #6736757 - 04/01/07 11:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

God only asks that we repent and come back to him. He loves us very much. It is us that separate ourselves from him. He is willing to forgive us if we repent & believe in the good news. What God am I speaking of? The one revealed to us by Christ Jesus in the new testament. It is not God that brings these chastisements upon us, it is our own wickedness. Repent and you will be saved. I believe in God's words anything coming from the earth. Satan has control over the earth, as you can see from the posts his presence is strong here. I see the people here influenced by Satan as victims. God is offering you his mercy if you want it. If we refuse we condemn OURSELVES.

Edited by Demotriton (04/01/07 11:44 PM)

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
    #6737447 - 04/02/07 08:39 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Demotritron, what would you say if I told you that a lot of people in this world and specifically this forum are attempting to come back to God. Not necessarily the God that you have in mind, but the God that everyone has in mind (sum total of our concepts, be it enlightenment, salvation or whatever). I find it hard to accept Jesus as savior because of all the controversy surrounding him. Jesus has led to both happiness and torment for different people (say, born-again Christian and the Inquisition). I also find it hard to accept Jesus exclusively because his character as a man is very similar to other spiritually adept men such as Siddhartha Gautama. Another reason I have a hard time with Jesus is because there are a lot of parallels that can be drawn from earlier religions/philosophies with both the Old and New Testaments leading me to believe that the Bible was not a new text in of itself, but the result of story retelling and reinterpretation (which has happened countless times to the Bible itself). There are more issues, but I am just saying that there are discrepancies with having Jesus as a Saviour so I can be a Born-Again Christian that I just can't overlook.

Now, why would God give humans tools of discernment, analysis, and creativity if they were not meant to be used when it came to one of the biggest questions of finding him? What I mean by this, is if Jesus was in fact God incarnate and we are to accept Him and only Him as our savior, why would we be forced to set aside what we've learned and experienced about other possibilities to Life and pretty much accept Jesus blindly?

I believe Buddha mentioned there being an infinite amount of ways to God/enlightenment. If God really did create us to experience Himself, why make humanity come single-file through the Jesus gate when we could instead blossom like a flower?

--------------------

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6737733 - 04/02/07 10:43 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

And what sort of Christian denominations did slave owners in the South (and later) citizens who lynched and persecuted blacks subscribe to?

If you think the members of your faith are so righteous and innocent, check the membership logs of the KKK. I'm sure the members' religious affiliation would be of some interest to you.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6737776 - 04/02/07 10:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God?

RE re; My plans are not needed, I shall let him proclaim, then I shall be...

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

#6737804 - 04/02/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Everyone is entitled to their own beliefs, I respect that. I am just curious as to what unbelievers are going to put your trust in when these things do happen.

I personally trust Jesus. I don't know why anyone would deny God when he loves us so much.

Open your eyes man, and think with your head. More importantly listen to us

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6737826 - 04/02/07 11:10 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

shizznit said:
Quote:

Demotriton said:

Open your eyes man, and think with your head. More importantly listen to us

Dude... he won't listen to us.
As well as most of us here won't ever listen to him.
It's irreconcilably.
That kind of talking will lead nowhere... believe me... I tried.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

#6737863 - 04/02/07 11:23 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.shroomwizard.com/chapters.html

demo read that shit, and you'll see that bird fly i talked about in your other thread.

--------------------

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6743991 - 04/03/07 08:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You don't want to follow a God this Great?

saves by Grace
infinitely loves each individual with a personal love
desires to save all people
wants us in heaven with him more than we ever could
would give us what is better than we could ask for
doesn't think of himself as God even though he is
serves us
who condemns no one
who Judges no one
respects freedom of choice and forces his will on no one

Thats just a few things about him.

A know him as the holy trinity of Jesus, God the Father, & the Holy Spirit. All 3 are ONE God.

I don't know what people here call him but if he fits the description of the true God & you know how to find him whats the difference what we call him, just so long as we love him.

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#6744046 - 04/03/07 09:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

saves by Grace
wants us in heaven with him more than we ever could
doesn't think of himself as God even though he is
serves us
who condemns no one
who Judges no one

Maybe you will understand this since fivepointer cannot. All of what you just said demonstrates how Hell cannot exist. God loves us and wants us to be with him in heaven, and it is within his power to do so, therefore it happens. There are no ways to spin it. If god is all powerful, and all loving, then we cannot have any fate other than being with him. Just one of the many logical condtradictions in the Bible. Think about it. You must deprogram yourself in order to successfully find the truth. I have *faith* in you.

--------------------

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6744081 - 04/03/07 09:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This is the reason Hell exists. People that go to Hell WANT to go there, they CHOOSE Hell. God does no interfere with that choice even if its the worst one for us. He respects freedom of choice THAT much. Very few people go directly to heaven because we are that bad. What we desire most isn't in heaven. That is why God came here as Jesus and freed us from our faults. Our faults made it impossible for us to choose heaven. We do have to trust Jesus with a CONTRITE heart to benefit from Jesus' sacrifice.

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#6744149 - 04/03/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Okay, let me make your contradictions a little more obvious.....

What God wants, HAPPENS, for everything is according to his plan.

Once again, to say that anything different could happen is to limit God's power.

who Judges no one

Then how are we judged as evil or unworthy for Heaven? :rolleyes:

who condemns no one

This means that he cannot send people to hell.....:stopsign: and THINK about it.....

This implies that (a) Our will is as powerful as his.  (b) His will of punishing the wicked does not apply to those who do not wish to live by it.

This also prevents him from damning people to Hell.  The love of God is pure and unconditional, right?  :stopsign: and THINK about it.

saves by Grace

Saves whom by grace?  Those he loves.  infinitely loves each individual with a personal love.  This means he saves everyone. Period.

:stopsign: and THINK about it!

--------------------

Edited by SoY (04/03/07 09:35 PM)

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#6744176 - 04/03/07 09:39 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Our faults made it impossible for us to choose heaven.

Faults are completely irrelevant if God does not judge/condemn. :shrug:

He respects freedom of choice THAT much.

If he truly respected freedom of choice then he could not punish people for exercising it. < That one's a thinker too, I know....

--------------------

Edited by SoY (04/03/07 09:42 PM)

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #6744191 - 04/03/07 09:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Demotriton, I thought you were moving past this whole fundamentalist phase...

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6744212 - 04/03/07 09:45 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

--Epicurus

Very nice quote! :thumbup:
Definately applicable.

--------------------

Offlinepsychomime
o_O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #6744230 - 04/03/07 09:50 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

Rock on dude! 5 shrooms for generating such long, wank filled, threads! I look forward to your future efforts to convert people who a)think you're nuts, b)hope you're nuts and c)don't give a fuck!

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6744238 - 04/03/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Demotriton, I thought you were moving past this whole fundamentalist phase...

humility takes time. Once the water of the bible stops overflowing the dixie cup of his mind will an equilibrium of awareness will occur. Then humility may shine its light upon his face and maybe he'll understand.

Till then I'll talk about him as the way he talks of me and those who don't follow his beliefs, which is a demeaning way.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6744240 - 04/03/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

SoY said:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

--Epicurus

Definately applicable.

For sure man. I love how that quote amplifies the obvious paradox of "God" and suffering.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6744380 - 04/03/07 10:23 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Quote:

SoY said:

--Epicurus

Definately applicable.

For sure man. I love how that quote amplifies the obvious paradox of "God" and suffering.

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

Edited by FreeUrThoughts (04/03/07 10:24 PM)

Offlinearyah
Stranger

#6745200 - 04/04/07 05:24 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

This is the reason Hell exists. People that go to Hell WANT to go there, they CHOOSE Hell. God does no interfere with that choice

he doesnt have to force anyone, he could simply create a less moronic being in his image, that makes the 'right' choice freely.

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #6745205 - 04/04/07 05:28 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aryah said:
Quote:

Demotriton said:

This is the reason Hell exists. People that go to Hell WANT to go there, they CHOOSE Hell. God does no interfere with that choice

he doesnt have to force anyone, he could simply create a less moronic being in his image, that makes the 'right' choice freely.

lol

wait...are YOU callin me a moron???  :evil:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: kaiowas]
    #6747729 - 04/04/07 06:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Did I not say God respects freedom of choice. Why? because he wants us to have ANYTHING we want because he loves us. If some one CHOOSES to go to Hell on their own. God will not stop them because, he would not be righteous if he stopped us from doing something WE want to do. Everything I said about God is true. Whys is it so hard to believe that people choose Hell & God respects freedom of choice? Love cannot exist without freedom of choice.

How can you possibly say no to God when he loves you so much and is begging for you to come back to him? HE WILL TELL YOU if you come back to him. He can teach you what you need to know. Just come back to him. I you don't believe me, believe him, but you must come to him with a contrite heart, and put your trust in him. Trust Jesus.

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6747936 - 04/04/07 07:41 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Did I not say God respects freedom of choice. Why? because he wants us to have ANYTHING we want because he loves us. If some one CHOOSES to go to Hell on their own. God will not stop them because, he would not be righteous if he stopped us from doing something WE want to do. Everything I said about God is true. Whys is it so hard to believe that people choose Hell & God respects freedom of choice? Love cannot exist without freedom of choice.

How can you possibly say no to God when he loves you so much and is begging for you to come back to him? HE WILL TELL YOU if you come back to him. He can teach you what you need to know. Just come back to him. I you don't believe me, believe him, but you must come to him with a contrite heart, and put your trust in him. Trust Jesus.

Let me understand this logic here...

God does not interfere with our freedom of choice, so we can do whatever we want, and even choose to go to hell. I seriously doubt people actively choose to go to hell, so this is a loaded statement which tells me this: whatever wrong or immoral choice we choose to make is a one-way ticket to hell. If we make an "immoral" choice we are choosing hell indirectly.

This logic is not exactly stupid, but it is very much devious. Apparently the god you speak of is a knave. We are not allowed to have our cake and eat it too, despite how you say He allows us this.

However, if the god you refer to just so happens to not be a knave, then hell simply does not exist and is a fabrication of humans to scare one-another into submission and abuse His good name for power. This is ironic, considering that with this logic your God would allow this to go unpunished.

Hypocrisy upon hypocrisy.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6748094 - 04/04/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I seriously doubt people actively choose to go to hell, so this is a loaded statement which tells me this: whatever wrong or immoral choice we choose to make is a one-way ticket to hell. If we make an "immoral" choice we are choosing hell indirectly.

What makes you think people don't choose Hell? Hell seems like heaven for those that go there since they are lovers of Godlessness. Do you know that no one on earth's idea of heaven is heaven. Thats why we need to trust Jesus to get there. We could never choose it on our own. NONE of us can make it to heaven with our efforts. We need Jesus, our savior. Our efforts take us anywhere but heaven. This is why Jesus said we must deny ourselves to follow him. We have no righteousness of our own, we must approach God with a contrite heart and invite him to live within us. Our ways don't lead to heaven, so we must deny our ways, and trust God's ways to enter heaven. We have no life if God does not live within us. The only way we can live is to deny ourselves and give ourselves to God.

God created us for love, not for us to separate ourselves from him by denying his existence. He loves us so much! It is US that turn our backs on him. He doesn't interfere because he respects our choices, but still wants US to choose him, he doesn't force us.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6748267 - 04/04/07 08:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Does "God" still talk to you (as in literally), Demotriton?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6748278 - 04/04/07 08:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Does "God" still talk to you (as in literally), Demotriton?

And what's he sound like? George Burns?

--------------------

Offlinebackfromthedead
Activated

#6748905 - 04/04/07 11:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Sounds kind of pissed to me. Oh was I on camera. Oops.

--------------------

Offlinearyah
Stranger

#6749348 - 04/05/07 03:00 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
I seriously doubt people actively choose to go to hell, so this is a loaded statement which tells me this: whatever wrong or immoral choice we choose to make is a one-way ticket to hell. If we make an "immoral" choice we are choosing hell indirectly.

What makes you think people don't choose Hell? Hell seems like heaven for those that go there since they are lovers of Godlessness.

As I was walking among the fires of Hell, delighted with the enjoyments of Genius, which to Angels look like torment and insanity...
Blake

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6749359 - 04/05/07 03:10 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

aryah said:
Quote:

Demotriton said:

What makes you think people don't choose Hell? Hell seems like heaven for those that go there since they are lovers of Godlessness.

As I was walking among the fires of Hell, delighted with the enjoyments of Genius, which to Angels look like torment and insanity...
Blake

:thumbup:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6751519 - 04/05/07 05:16 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

God reveals things to me in many different ways.

Offlinefivepointer
    #6751547 - 04/05/07 05:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

Your doctrine eliminates the fact that man is in bondage to sin from birth and has no "free will". God is the one who puts a new heart in His people and makes them new creations. It is ALL His work. Man let to his own would continue in his lost state forever and no one would become saved. God does not beg, He is all powerful, and never fails at what He purposes. I trust Jesus, just not the one you are proclaiming in these forums.

"HE WILL TELL YOU if" - See how you hinge salvation on the sinner. Pure works salvation. No one is ever justified by works, ever.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6751555 - 04/05/07 05:29 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Here we go again...

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineFrenchSocialist
DarwinianLeftist

#6751567 - 04/05/07 05:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Quote:

Demotriton said:

Your doctrine eliminates the fact that man is in bondage to sin from birth and has no "free will". God is the one who puts a new heart in His people and makes them new creations. It is ALL His work. Man let to his own would continue in his lost state forever and no one would become saved. God does not beg, He is all powerful, and never fails at what He purposes. I trust Jesus, just not the one you are proclaiming in these forums.

"HE WILL TELL YOU if" - See how you hinge salvation on the sinner. Pure works salvation. No one is ever justified by works, ever.

That logic sanctions child abuse.

--------------------

"Both liberty and equality are among the primary goals pursued by human beings through many centuries; but total liberty for wolves is death to the lambs" -- Isaiah Berlin

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FrenchSocialist]
    #6754917 - 04/06/07 04:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

How can we hear God if we don't listen? How can we find God if we don't seek him?

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6755748 - 04/06/07 09:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
How can we hear God if we don't listen?

Of everyone on this forum, you seem to have the biggest problem listening.

--------------------

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6755806 - 04/06/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

What makes you think people don't choose Hell? Hell seems like heaven for those that go there since they are lovers of Godlessness. Do you know that no one on earth's idea of heaven is heaven. Thats why we need to trust Jesus to get there. We could never choose it on our own. NONE of us can make it to heaven with our efforts. We need Jesus, our savior. Our efforts take us anywhere but heaven. This is why Jesus said we must deny ourselves to follow him. We have no righteousness of our own, we must approach God with a contrite heart and invite him to live within us. Our ways don't lead to heaven, so we must deny our ways, and trust God's ways to enter heaven. We have no life if God does not live within us. The only way we can live is to deny ourselves and give ourselves to God.

God created us for love, not for us to separate ourselves from him by denying his existence. He loves us so much! It is US that turn our backs on him. He doesn't interfere because he respects our choices, but still wants US to choose him, he doesn't force us.

So... hell doesn't actually exist except in our minds? To say there is a hell at all means that there has to be a definitive realm or idea known as Hell. If hell is what we wish it to be, then what makes it different than heaven? If there is no difference, then why have a hell at all?

... Then why believe in god at all? If it does seem like heaven, how are we being punished by going to hell? If we enjoy hell, then, as you said, that would be our heaven and make the purpose of living a godly life moot. Pointless. Asinine.

Your arguments are becoming more and more self-destructive.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineShattered

#6756652 - 04/07/07 02:32 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The problem with hell is eternity.

We desire, we attain, we get bored, we desire, we attain. Even in paradise, it lasts so long before we begin to desire something new to satisfy us. Looking at my time on earth, the time between satisfied and bored is short, make it an eternity rather than 80 years or so of life and I can see where Demotriton is coming from.

God in itself provides satisfaction, love. Heaven I imagine could last an eternity with satisfaction, but hell imo would corrupt a person fairly quickly. It would change a person, their desires, at some point pain is most desireable, being able to feel. Having a path that takes you through eternity, and every possibility will eventuate at some point including hell. Heaven is a state of arrival, there is no path, no desire, just deep love and satisfaction and peace. The search for that in my mind is a search for God.

Finding inner peace and love versus having all that you desire.

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#6756786 - 04/07/07 03:40 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God?"
Simple, I show, where he is wrong.
Next.

--------------------

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Shattered]
    #6762085 - 04/08/07 05:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shattered said:
The problem with hell is eternity.

We desire, we attain, we get bored, we desire, we attain. Even in paradise, it lasts so long before we begin to desire something new to satisfy us. Looking at my time on earth, the time between satisfied and bored is short, make it an eternity rather than 80 years or so of life and I can see where Demotriton is coming from.

God in itself provides satisfaction, love. Heaven I imagine could last an eternity with satisfaction, but hell imo would corrupt a person fairly quickly. It would change a person, their desires, at some point pain is most desireable, being able to feel. Having a path that takes you through eternity, and every possibility will eventuate at some point including hell. Heaven is a state of arrival, there is no path, no desire, just deep love and satisfaction and peace. The search for that in my mind is a search for God.

Finding inner peace and love versus having all that you desire.

ahh, but you make it seem as if desire were somehow undesirable. The feeling of desire is a very human trait, whether that desire be for the flesh or for a simple concept. Desire gives the goal value and the journey to the goal sweet and memorable.

Also, to have love without desire... is non-existant. Love comes from desire. Desire is a part of love. You desire love, so you go for it. If you have love, you desire to keep it. How can one feel love if they do not desire to give or take love?

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6762832 - 04/08/07 08:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Silversoul said:
Quote:

Demotriton said:
How can we hear God if we don't listen?

Of everyone on this forum, you seem to have the biggest problem listening.

I am sorry for not listening. I am still learning. The spirit really cleared things up for me this weekend. I have the right intentions but the wrong approach.

For all people I have offended on here I am sorry.

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6762855 - 04/08/07 09:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
I have the right intentions but the wrong approach.

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Despite some of your ranting, which I've gotten rather tired of, I see that you've had mystical experiences much like my own, and I can empathise with that. My concern is that you seem to have trouble properly integrating those experiences. One thing I've learned over time is that the mystical experience is not the whole of mysticism. A proper foundation of self-reflection and analysis is also needed.

--------------------

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6762990 - 04/08/07 09:29 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Slowly like a picture being developed the spirit is revealing these things to me. It makes, more & more sense as time goes by. I know I will just have to be patient in God's time for the full plan to be revealed. Any advice is appreciated.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6762994 - 04/08/07 09:31 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

why not speak about what you see and not what you know?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineFatBath
Turtle Wannabe

#6763041 - 04/08/07 09:43 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Demotriton is cool in my book. I give him the Rush award for "Cinderalla Man of the Month". I am jealous. I always wanted that one.

Just keep at it, man. You'll get it sooner or later, you have to know your audience, that's all. I want to repent, the problem is, I don't really want to repent. I am simply grizzled scum, and I have been given wonderful grace. I am like that prodigal son, who wastes everything. It is sad. I am tired. Best of luck to you. Chances are you are probably decieved at some level, and that's why you resemble someone with that fanatical bent. It's okay, you'll come around, or maybe the way you go is the right one?

I would also like people to posibly consider that maybe the "anti-christ" realizes who he is and is sad and spiteful to God because if he does what it takes to get to Heaven he would make the scriptures fallible. He has no chance, so he pouts. Although he still realizes that maybe it is his own damn fault, and he never would do what it takes to get to Heaven anyway, there are times when he really loves God, so he knows that the way it is is for a good reason. Maybe he doesn't want to conquer the damn world, you know? He can tell that he is a bit kooky and doesn't want to be put in a position where he has to have all that responsibility and innevitably ends up hurting people and getting some damned to Hell even.

Yet his wretchedness would put to waste your compassion and sympathy. He may see this, and drive himself deeper into self-loathing and despair. He can't love a woman because he is kooky and is constantly enveloped in a slimy feeling of superficialty and ungenuine character. People compliment him, say he is a good person and what have you, but he cringes and doesn't know what to believe. Perhaps he just sits around and watches "All Dogs Go to Heaven" then he weeps. Yeah, he's probably just a nerd and a wuss watching himself go insane, trying to figure out why he even has to be alive, knowing that killing himself will just get him into Hell even sooner.

Okay that's enough of that, really, you get what you give right?

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6763049 - 04/08/07 09:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I have seen many things in the spirit. The things I have seen are hard to describe. Rainbows & colors becoming more brilliant and brighter as if some rainbow was hiding behind all the colors of our world. Kind of like how the primary colors used to make up the picture on TV sets. It was if there was another very great and wonderful reality very near to us, its almost like a veil of some kind separating. Sorry if this makes no sense, it is hard to describe.

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6763075 - 04/08/07 09:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

There's no need in explaining what can't be explained then. Do what you love but others may see the beauty you see in a different light. At the same time, they're one in the same except you have a different angle than they.

Then again, I don't know and could very well be wrong, but that's my faith.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6763085 - 04/08/07 09:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Any advice is appreciated.

My advice is to understand that others may have the same experiences as you, but interpret them differently. Know first and foremost that God is ineffable, and any description of him is at best a conditional truth.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6763206 - 04/08/07 10:37 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oh oh

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineShattered

#6763490 - 04/09/07 12:00 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FreeUrThoughts said:
ahh, but you make it seem as if desire were somehow undesirable. The feeling of desire is a very human trait, whether that desire be for the flesh or for a simple concept. Desire gives the goal value and the journey to the goal sweet and memorable.

Also, to have love without desire... is non-existant. Love comes from desire. Desire is a part of love. You desire love, so you go for it. If you have love, you desire to keep it. How can one feel love if they do not desire to give or take love?

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

Ok cool, good points.

How or why does desire arise? If it's not from a lacking within yourself. To me it's an impulse to add more to you than you currently are, 'This is how I feel within myself, but I would feel more if I had X, along the way of attaining X i'm happy because i'm becoming more than I am, I attain and yet i'm the same, i'm still less than what I desire'.

If desire was a satisfying emotion we wouldn't need to attain.
If attaining was satisying, we would no longer desire.

You cannot desire while being fulfilled, to desire is to be lacking, is to be empty of God within yourself. Because what is God, or knowing God, if it's not everything you desire and love as already being within yourself.

In the garden of eden Satan gave rise to desire. And it's a really small switch in perspective but what it did was separate Adam and Eve from having all within themselves, to being less than who they were, to now being empty of God or all that was already within them. That doesn't mean God is less than what they desired, but rather when they desired, they no longer knew God.

They cast themselves out from a lack of understanding of who they are, that is the original sin, that is why it is a human trait, we're born sinners, or a better way of saying it is we are born not knowing God. God is hidden, not because God is hiding, but because we misunderstand ourselves.

I mean, really, forget about religion. Christianity should never ever have been seen as a religion, and you can tell those who understand Christianity from those who don't very easily. Unfortunately those who reject Christianity seem do so from a lacking of understanding of the shortcomings or misunderstandings of its followers, not christianity itself.

I can see what you're saying but love is love, once desire or fear arises it becomes something else. When you feel love you feel love, if you think about it and see desire as being a part of love, are you feeling love, or are you feeling desire as being a part of love? I think it's just a question of purity rather than definition, but it's a good question.

The idea of heaven and of hell are just two ways of approaching eternity. One where all that you need to be satisfied is outside of yourself, and the other where all that you need to be satisfied 'IS' yourself. It's easy to misunderstand that, a Christian will give up themselves because they recognise without God they are empty. Surrender your self to know God, you're surrendering emptiness to know yourself as everything.

I don't go into bible quotes, but I remember Jesus explaining one thing that happens in the afterlife. The inside becomes the outside, nothing that is inside is hidden. To me that makes sense, because when you remove the external (death), what are you left with?

Following the perspective of hell, you are a void. You choose hell because you only know God through the external, through the emptiness of being that arises from desire, for it is how you knew yourself in this life. That is what I think Demotriton means by Satan proclaiming himself as God, not just as God, but as the God you know and have chosen. The choice to choose Satan will be a no brainer to those who don't know or understand.

Words are a pain in the arse when trying to get a point across.

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6771106 - 04/10/07 04:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Time is getting shorter. How confident our you in your beliefs? Your works? Your knowledge, wisdom? Can it save you from the worst disaster the world has seen? Can you see the future? Do you know where it is safe? There is a safe place that God spoke of to his people through the prophets of long ago. He told us where to look to find it. He gave us signs, and will give us more as the time approaches. If you feel you are fine and don't need to be saved, you won't, just don't curse God for the chastisements that will befall the earth because you were warned. God is going to prove to the world that only in only his name can we have life. That in only his name can we be saved. That we are scrap for the fire without him. He created us so that we would one day come to know his love, & trust in him. For thousands of years all world events have been leading up to this point. For the last time he will offer his hand of mercy. Will you take it?

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
    #6771151 - 04/10/07 04:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

He gave us signs,

Speaking of signs.;)

:whocares:  :lame:  :drama:  :topicsucks:  :poopbanana:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Icelander]
    #6771174 - 04/10/07 04:53 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You can say that again!

Dude, enough already!

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinearyah
Stranger

#6771208 - 04/10/07 05:09 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
If you feel you are fine and don't need to be saved, you won't, just don't curse God for the chastisements that will befall the earth because you were warned.

so he prepares to dish out mayhem but nobody should curse the bastard because we were warrned? So were the Iraquis..

Edited by aryah (04/10/07 05:10 PM)

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#6771379 - 04/10/07 05:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

--Epicurus

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."

--Galileo Galilei

How can a god of unconditional love and infinite compassion also be wrathful and condemning?  How can an omnipotent being not be powerful enough to abolish evil?  How can an infinitely wise entity fail to understand the human plight?  How could a purely benevolent force allow its children to suffer?

:stopsign: and really think about this!  These are some very basic logical contradictions and impossibilities!  Contemplate these ideas until you understand them.  Then you will see through this beguiling dogma.

Stop living in the fear of Hell and start living by the love of Christ.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6771395 - 04/10/07 05:56 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think he's bothered by fear, I think he enjoys it... might be some kind of religious fetish of a kind... thing is we're all getting tired and alarmed by the increasing number of Christians on this forum and their stubbornness.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleSoY
I am the LizardKing
 User Gallery

#6771407 - 04/10/07 06:00 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

:strokebeard:  Indeed.

--------------------

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Loc: shambhala
    #6771740 - 04/10/07 07:01 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Time is getting shorter. How confident our you in your beliefs? Your works? Your knowledge, wisdom? Can it save you from the worst disaster the world has seen? Can you see the future? Do you know where it is safe? There is a safe place that God spoke of to his people through the prophets of long ago. He told us where to look to find it. He gave us signs, and will give us more as the time approaches. If you feel you are fine and don't need to be saved, you won't, just don't curse God for the chastisements that will befall the earth because you were warned. God is going to prove to the world that only in only his name can we have life. That in only his name can we be saved. That we are scrap for the fire without him. He created us so that we would one day come to know his love, & trust in him. For thousands of years all world events have been leading up to this point. For the last time he will offer his hand of mercy. Will you take it?

:shrug::shrug::confused::confused::confused: why would you say something like that? Wake up and smell the bacon. Maybe try and get a girlfriend or something.

--------------------
let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: mr_kite]
    #6771753 - 04/10/07 07:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

... Or boyfriend? Just examining the possibilities.

Now really dude, I don't like your God at all.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6771930 - 04/10/07 07:38 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
I don't think he's bothered by fear, I think he enjoys it... might be some kind of religious fetish of a kind... thing is we're all getting tired and alarmed by the increasing number of Christians on this forum and their stubbornness.

They come and go. It's fun durning the go time but you got to take the good with the God, er bad.:crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6771944 - 04/10/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yup... Christianity has a price... like... our souls :eek:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6771948 - 04/10/07 07:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I go barefoot.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6772064 - 04/10/07 08:03 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This bisexual named Bubbles said having a lesbian ram him up the ass with a strap on was the best experiecne of his life. He said they use so much lube that he didn't feel anything!

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6772077 - 04/10/07 08:05 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks for the update.:tongue:

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6772092 - 04/10/07 08:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

I go barefoot.

Get a razor fer Chrissakes! What are you - part hobbit?

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #6772118 - 04/10/07 08:10 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Werewolf.;)

--------------------

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
    #6772134 - 04/10/07 08:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Whoah dude! Synchronicity. You posted for me to get a haircut in another thread at the same time. Weird.

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6772138 - 04/10/07 08:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i'll make a post of the whole story later. it was an interesting night

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineFreeUrThoughts
Mindful Mantis
Male

#6772766 - 04/10/07 09:58 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Shattered said:
I can see what you're saying but love is love, once desire or fear arises it becomes something else. When you feel love you feel love, if you think about it and see desire as being a part of love, are you feeling love, or are you feeling desire as being a part of love? I think it's just a question of purity rather than definition, but it's a good question.

This is where our opinions collide. You feel that desire is apart from love where I think it is the basis for love to exist. Both of our opinions on this are too drastically different to have any good and/or constructive outcome. As much as I hate to say it, I must offer to simply agree to disagree on this point, seeing as this fundamental concept we are at odds on.

Oh, and to the bible-thumper who started this thread... You want advice? Stay away from preaching, cause it only makes enemies.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

Edited by FreeUrThoughts (04/10/07 10:00 PM)

OfflineShattered

#6773652 - 04/11/07 01:16 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Demotriton said:

Time is getting shorter. How confident our you in your beliefs?

Belief is a destination, doubt is key in knowing your place, but when you arrive belief is left at the door. When my inner state is correct and aligned with God, there is no room for doubt or belief. I've been there and I did end up getting a little lost for various reasons i'm aware of, but I feel confident in my direction at this moment.

Your works? Your knowledge, wisdom?

No. I know my self as being empty of God, my works, knowledge and wisdom are as empty as the source from where they came.

Can it save you from the worst disaster the world has seen?

No. I surrender myself and put my faith in God.

Can you see the future?

I have always felt I would be a witness to the second coming. I don't know when of course. That is the best I can answer, and I really don't seek to know the future. I'm only concerned with right now.

Do you know where it is safe? There is a safe place that God spoke of to his people through the prophets of long ago. He told us where to look to find it. He gave us signs, and will give us more as the time approaches.

I know a place within myself where peace and love consumes my awareness. To me it is a safe place, there is no fear, no self, no doubt.

If you feel you are fine and don't need to be saved, you won't, just don't curse God for the chastisements that will befall the earth because you were warned.

No, my inner state is that of surrender.

God is going to prove to the world that only in only his name can we have life. That in only his name can we be saved. That we are scrap for the fire without him. He created us so that we would one day come to know his love, & trust in him. For thousands of years all world events have been leading up to this point. For the last time he will offer his hand of mercy. Will you take it?

God has nothing to prove, God is... I agree mostly with what you've said, but where I disagree is in the understanding you've presented. There are many ways of seeing truth, some darker than others. One could look to understand in ways that give light and life and joy, to that truth.

OfflineShattered

#6773720 - 04/11/07 01:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

FreeUrThoughts said:
This is where our opinions collide. You feel that desire is apart from love where I think it is the basis for love to exist. Both of our opinions on this are too drastically different to have any good and/or constructive outcome. As much as I hate to say it, I must offer to simply agree to disagree on this point, seeing as this fundamental concept we are at odds on.

Oh, and to the bible-thumper who started this thread... You want advice? Stay away from preaching, cause it only makes enemies.

BB,
Free Ur Thoughts

Understood :wink:

It's a good question all the same.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
    #6773857 - 04/11/07 04:30 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:

I think this post is more insightful then you think, when not taking it literally, but metaphorically. Its a bit like a letter or expression from our nature. If you put this post into an esoteric context, it is actually pretty meaningful. Almost like when the Buddha was tempted with maras, or hallucination's brought on by the remaining residual afflicted causes being purified. Only a fundamentalist views things literally, we are all much more open than that, aren't we? :crazy2:

--------------------

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #6774022 - 04/11/07 06:56 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

That he already was/is....

:tongue2:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

InvisibleIcelander
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Sinbad]
    #6774336 - 04/11/07 09:44 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The Matrix exists fucker!:monkeydance:

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#6774599 - 04/11/07 11:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus Christ simply was and is not g*d. He only is a human with a highly spiritual influenced mind. Influenced by g*d, what made this spirit 'high' and 'holy'.
Tell me one sentence, where Jesus said himself he was GOD ! You won't find one. And that is for verrrry gooood reason ! Because he knew, he was not GOD, argh ! He knew, that relationship between him and g*d. He ever and ever underlined, that god 'does' this and that 'through' him. He never said, "haha, look, I healed him. Haha, look, I was it who made the man see again. Hoho, believe only me, then you will go to my heaven. Obey me, praise me, pray to me !" He was and is, by best will, a quite related human representation to a 'concept' of g*d.
Woa, this bullshit goes straight on my nerves...

If you even don't believe, nor consider, what Jesus told, then how can you only assume to 'know' GOD ??
Don't you see, that it's mainly manmade bullshit, what you take into your mouth for preach ?!

Think twice ! You have much to learn yet.

uhh...I have to relax now... :wink: :heart:#

edit: and now, take out all the personal stuff and see this post as an objective staterment, please :smile:

--------------------

Edited by BlueCoyote (04/11/07 11:11 AM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6774803 - 04/11/07 12:06 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

edit: and now, take out all the personal stuff and see this post as an objective staterment, please :smile:

We all hope for that :thumbup:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #6774812 - 04/11/07 12:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Actually, I beileve there is referece of Jesus proclaiming "I and my father are One, and ye are my brethen" or something like that. A claim I personally wouldn't doubt, as I would interpret this as Jesus saying he remembered that he was God and so was everyone else. That we're all One. I can see it that way.

Did Jesus actually say this? I don't know and it doesn't matter. Is it true? For me it has been. Your mileage may vary. I wouldn't hedge on anything written about God and Jesus, especially something thousands of years old that has been heavily edited to further certain agendas, none of which center on spreading enlightenment. Perhaps God has evolved since then anyway, rendering the bible obsolete. I seek my own truth and advocate that everyone else do the same. If some things align, great. Doesn't mean you should swallow them whole.

If you must to rely on ancient testimony to 'know' 'truth' I'd be very weary, especially when the literature that accomapnies Jesus's testimony requires a person to throw reason and free thought as far out of the door as possible in place of some hocus that reads like it's meant to scare children and intimidate sheeple into strict obedience of thought, word, and deed (oh yeah, it is).

And for the most hypocritical and contradictory question I will ask today, why don't threads like these just die quietly!? It gets tiring seeing them all the time. I know I'm just as guilty right now by bumping this one, but I think we'd all be a lot better off if we didn't reply to threads like this, because we all know that they really don't get anywhere. How many fuckin threads like this are there? Beating a dead horse anyone?

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (04/11/07 12:19 PM)

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Grok]
    #6774836 - 04/11/07 12:13 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus was an amazing guy. Just a pity most people are too dumb and take his words literally. When he said he was the son of God, he didnt mean his father was a magical being who lived in the sky and ruled over earth, he meant he was an enlightened child of the universe. Jesus' fatal flaw was that he was too intellgent and enlightened for the human race to understand his wisdom. IE, we fuked up, guys.

--------------------

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: Grok]
    #6774845 - 04/11/07 12:14 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

"Actually, I beileve there is referece of Jesus proclaiming "I am my father are One, and ye are my brethen" or something like that. A claim I personally wouldn't doubt, as I would interpret this as Jesus saying he remembered that he was God and so was everyone else. That we're all One. I can see it that way."
Exactemente ! That's why he can not state himself to the exclusiveness to g*d. If G*d is his father, then, what is G*d to his brethren ? If he is a son, and also the father, all the others can be as well :wink:
[But the exact quote, where he states he is the father, would interest me quite a bit :wink:]

"why don't threads like these just die quietly!?"
Hehe, we have compassion with Demotrion, so we wanna heal him from extremist fundamentalism ? :smile: Staying unpersonalised, means there, healing the world from extremist fundamentalism, or at least the shroomery :lol:

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6774862 - 04/11/07 12:20 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

The thins IS that we all have to get to out own "enlightenment" (by ourselves and on out own).
Nobody can teach you how to be spiritual, that's bull shit and have other different purposes.
Not fivepointer, not Demotriton and nobody in this world can be in your shoes.
And we're all in different stages and states of mind, we're not identical.
Therefore, nobody can come up with a general spiritual lesson.
These can be some hints, but that's all there is.
What's holding us backwards is what claims to be in help for us (moral lessons, spiritual lessons and of course religion).
I'm saying all that hoping that the ones from thins forum who want to "teach" us anything would stop and realize that spirituality is something private, personal, and it can't be taught.

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineBlueCoyote
Beyond
Male User Gallery

#6774903 - 04/11/07 12:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

oops, to cilosyb
And in addition to the " I and my father are ONE" does not nescessarily mean he is identical with g*d...or it or his father.

My first thought: "On the street, I and my car are 'one'" (Where, in the saying of Jesus [if it's true {quote please}], the car would drive the driver :laugh:)

--------------------

Edited by BlueCoyote (04/11/07 12:42 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6775031 - 04/11/07 01:08 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus was an amazing guy.

The only person who would honestly have a clue about this would be someone who knew him personally. He might never even have existed for all you know or he might be a composit of a bunch of people who wrote what they thought he should or might of said.

:monkeydance:

--------------------

OfflineIgnatiusJReilly
Up From Sloth
Male

Loc: LA
    #6775421 - 04/11/07 02:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I'm going to ignore him entirely. Same as the old boss.

--------------------
"A Bad Day for Pants"

Offlinesadjeebis
Shroomer
Male

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: IgnatiusJReilly]
    #6775447 - 04/11/07 02:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You people are actually willing to submit to stupidity. Old boss? In this world we are givin free will. God is not here. Satan already is...the boss will demand your attention...well...youll see.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: sadjeebis]
    #6775466 - 04/11/07 02:46 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

So... there is a Satan but no God?
So... in your opinion, who's then Satan fighting with? :rofl2:
Dude... read the entire topic and then make a statement, because frankly no, I can't see what you're saying.
Yes we have free will.
But what you replied to was a joke...

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinemr_kite
The Watcher
Male

#6776412 - 04/11/07 06:32 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Theres wisdom in the Bible like there is in the Tao Teh Ching and any ancient scripture of human "knowledge". I just dont think people should believe in the fairystory bits.

--------------------

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6776424 - 04/11/07 06:34 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

But they're here for the story not the teaching...  :lolz0rz:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineDemotriton
Stranger
 User Gallery

#6776808 - 04/11/07 08:17 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Jesus is coming soon. I can proclaim this with uttermost certainty. Reading the posts on here I can see why God planned it so that only those with FAITH in Christ Jesus are saved. Those who have faith in Christ have faith in the true God. I see a lot of misunderstanding regarding who God really is. I can only pray for those that don't believe that God may reveal the truth to you. For those that do believe, keep the faith no matter what people tell you.

InvisibleIcelander
Male

#6776821 - 04/11/07 08:25 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I only wish I could rate you twice.

--------------------

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #6776825 - 04/11/07 08:26 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Too much conviction, not enough substance.

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #6776833 - 04/11/07 08:27 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yup, you just described Christianity

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

#6776840 - 04/11/07 08:30 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Demotriton said:
Jesus is coming soon.

He's already here for those of us with gnosis.

Quote:

I can proclaim this with uttermost certainty.

You proclaim it with the utmost misunderstanding.

Quote:

Reading the posts on here I can see why God planned it so that only those with FAITH in Christ Jesus are saved.

That's a stupid standard for salvation. God transcends time, so why would he base salvation on a specific historical person at a certain point in time?

Quote:

Those who have faith in Christ have faith in the true God.

As do those with faith in Vishnu, Shiva, Ra, Ahura Mazda, etc. All manifestations of the ineffable.

Quote:

I see a lot of misunderstanding regarding who God really is.

Indeed, and much of this misunderstanding is coming from your end.

Quote:

I can only pray for those that don't believe that God may reveal the truth to you. For those that do believe, keep the faith no matter what people tell you.

Faith is nothing without understanding and insight.

--------------------

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
    #6777102 - 04/11/07 09:51 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

MushroomTrip said:
So... there is a Satan but no God?
So... in your opinion, who's then Satan fighting with? :rofl2:

Well Satanists believes that there is Satan but no god. Satan isn't some magical goat headed creature with super powers, that is just ridiculous. To them Satan is a force of nature, the thing inside of us that makes us happy even though others considerer it wrong. The only thing his force is fighting are people who give you restrictions and a set of rules on how to live your life  (Christians). They believe that you (yourself) comes before anyone else and are better than anyone else but are you no god. Now i dont know if Jeebis is a satanist but thats what i got out of it.

--------------------

Edited by DeathCompany (04/11/07 09:53 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6777113 - 04/11/07 09:54 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Well it seems so...

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6777173 - 04/11/07 10:12 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

indeed

--------------------

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: DeathCompany]
    #6777303 - 04/11/07 10:44 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

no doubt, according to the religion test, I'm apparently 90% satanist. Kinda made me feel weird at first because of all the taboo people make "satan" to be. Then again, what's a label to me?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

#6777343 - 04/11/07 10:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah most people confuse satanism with the christian idea of satanism like sacrificing unbaptized babies to goats and such. All those little metal kids that think there satanists just cause they hate jesus and listen to cannibal corpse aren't helping either.

--------------------

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6777380 - 04/11/07 11:04 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Cracka_X said:
no doubt, according to the religion test, I'm apparently 90% satanist. Kinda made me feel weird at first because of all the taboo people make "satan" to be. Then again, what's a label to me?

I took one of those bogus online religion quizzes once and it told me I was 95% Islamic. WTF?!?

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6777393 - 04/11/07 11:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Quote:

Cracka_X said:
no doubt, according to the religion test, I'm apparently 90% satanist.  Kinda made me feel weird at first because of all the taboo people make "satan" to be.  Then again, what's a label to me?

I took one of those bogus online religion quizzes once and it told me I was 95% Islamic. WTF?!?

Take that back while you can... Demotriton's God will get angry if you don't :lol:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6777434 - 04/11/07 11:18 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I took a religion quiz on a new site. Here's the link:http://www.beliefnet.com/story/76/story_7665_1.html

My results:
1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Unitarian Universalism (94%)
3. Secular Humanism (91%)
4. Nontheist (85%)
5. Mahayana Buddhism (80%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (80%)
7. Liberal Quakers (79%)
8. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (76%)
9. Taoism (73%)
10. New Age (64%)
11. Reform Judaism (62%)
12. New Thought (61%)
13. Scientology (61%)
14. Sikhism (55%)
15. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (51%)
16. Hinduism (48%)
17. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (43%)
18. Orthodox Quaker (39%)
19. Bahá'í Faith (37%)
20. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (33%)
21. Jainism (33%)
22. Eastern Orthodox (29%)
23. Islam (29%)
24. Orthodox Judaism (29%)
25. Roman Catholic (29%)
26. Seventh Day Adventist (18%)
27. Jehovah's Witness (7%)

Of course this has nothing to do with this thread, I just felt like sharing. :grin:

InvisibleCracka_X
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6777472 - 04/11/07 11:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Yeah most people confuse satanism with the christian idea of satanism like sacrificing unbaptized babies to goats and such. All those little metal kids that think there satanists just cause they hate jesus and listen to cannibal corpse aren't helping either.

You live and you learn. I blame society indirectly.

Vigilant mind, haha yeah thats funny. I just took that test and I got something a bit more of my taste.

1. Mahayana Buddhism (100%)
2. Theravada Buddhism (98%)
3. Liberal Quakers (91%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (91%)
5. Taoism (86%)
6. Neo-Pagan (80%)
7. New Thought (77%)
8. New Age (72%)
9. Hinduism (71%)
10. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (69%)
11. Scientology (69%)
12. Jainism (65%)
13. Secular Humanism (59%)
14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (58%)
15. Sikhism (56%)
16. Reform Judaism (50%)
17. Orthodox Quaker (50%)
18. Bahá'í Faith (41%)
19. Nontheist (33%)
20. Seventh Day Adventist (16%)
21. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (15%)
22. Eastern Orthodox (15%)
23. Roman Catholic (15%)
24. Islam (13%)
25. Orthodox Judaism (13%)
26. Jehovah's Witness (12%)
27. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (12%)

then again, what's a label worth when That is essentially You?

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
a man is loath to go

Edited by Cracka_X (04/11/07 11:42 PM)

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

#6777519 - 04/11/07 11:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. New Age (93%)
3. Unitarian Universalism (89%)
4. Mahayana Buddhism (79%)
5. Hinduism (77%)
6. New Thought (71%)
7. Jainism (70%)
8. Liberal Quakers (70%)
9. Scientology (65%)
10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (64%)
11. Reform Judaism (63%)
12. Theravada Buddhism (61%)
13. Bahá'í Faith (58%)
14. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (57%)
15. Secular Humanism (54%)
16. Sikhism (54%)
17. Orthodox Judaism (51%)
18. Orthodox Quaker (51%)
19. Taoism (47%)
20. Islam (41%)
21. Nontheist (36%)
22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (28%)
23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (27%)
24. Seventh Day Adventist (25%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (18%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (15%)
27. Roman Catholic (15%)

Now I wander why is Christianity on the two last places :rofl2:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6777531 - 04/11/07 11:52 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Sweet, we're both 100% Neo-Pagan. :cool:

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#6777582 - 04/12/07 12:08 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

1. Neo-Pagan (100%)
2. Mahayana Buddhism (95%)
3. New Age (95%)
4. Unitarian Universalism (92%)
5. Taoism (84%)
6. Theravada Buddhism (79%)
7. Liberal Quakers (76%)
8. Secular Humanism (68%)
9. Jainism (65%)
10. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (58%)
11. Scientology (57%)
12. Sikhism (57%)
13. Hinduism (54%)
14. New Thought (54%)
15. Orthodox Quaker (54%)
16. Nontheist (47%)
17. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (46%)
18. Reform Judaism (41%)
19. Bahá'í Faith (38%)
20. Orthodox Judaism (26%)
21. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (24%)
22. Islam (18%)
23. Seventh Day Adventist (17%)
24. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (16%)
25. Jehovah's Witness (16%)
26. Eastern Orthodox (5%)
27. Roman Catholic (5%)

:thumbup::thumbup:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: onlynow]
    #6777588 - 04/12/07 12:09 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

OMG we're all gonig to hell :crazy2:

--------------------
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

Offlineonlynow
transformativeinformativeenergy
Male User Gallery

#6777596 - 04/12/07 12:11 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

especially us!! last but not least roman catholic!! :grin:

--------------------

Strive to be more than a codified manifestation of a generalized technological consciousness

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: onlynow]
    #6777603 - 04/12/07 12:16 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Christian Science

Isn't this an oxymoron?

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#6777845 - 04/12/07 02:17 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Quote:

Christian Science

Isn't this an oxymoron?

it could be, depends on your point of view. Sadly, I'm going to lock this thread, it has derailed from the original topic with people making fun of certain religions. if you feel this is unfair please do not hesitate to pm me with concerns.

However, i am going to make a sticky with regards to the online religion quiz, just for S's and G's

thanks for the wikkid read guys and gals!

andrew

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: What do you plan to do when Satan proclaims himself God? [Re: kaiowas]
    #6777850 - 04/12/07 02:19 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Last post FTW

Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

#6777855 - 04/12/07 02:20 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Edited by kaiowas (04/12/07 02:21 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag