Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon Herb Grinder, Tacos

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinemonkeylove
Stranger
hangover?
    #672923 - 06/11/02 08:34 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Two days ago I had my first real experience with shrooms. I took about two grams of Puerto Ricans along with a couple of friends, and it was FUCKIN FABULOUS. We spent several hours just sitting around a table in the back yard, enjoying nature and talking about life, religion, and anything else that may have seemed relevant. All of us agreed that these mushrooms (which I grew myself, thanks to the lovely folks here) are the best thing we have ever done, and we went home happy and content. I had several spiritual epiphanies that linger still.

The next morning, however, I woke up about 6:00 with the headache from hell. It was miserable. I took some aspirin, but it made me sick and I vomited. I felt like I had the flu or something. I was cold, had a damn headache, and was puky. I would hesitate to call this a hangover, since at least I didn't have that dirty feeling I get on an alcohol hangover. It wasn't so bad that I had to miss work, but I had a headache that whole day. I don't think shrooms are supposed to have this effect. Any ideas as to what I could do differently next time to avoid this? Could the pot have done this to me?

--------------------
"Fireflies bring the stars down to us" -Jonathan Greene
"Gravity is a myth- the world sucks" -Chad M. Horn

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: hangover? [Re: monkeylove]
    #672933 - 06/11/02 08:38 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

You're love of the weed has clearly slowed you're mind. "FABULOUS" You got a headache from a plant and blamed it on a fungus, and for this you should be shot.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: hyperspace
Re: hangover? [Re: ]
    #673084 - 06/11/02 10:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, day after trips i usually feel physically normal (maybe some muscle soreness). I rarely get head aches (few times a year) and if i do 1 hit of weed seams to do the trick .

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineMwhod
Matt
Re: hangover? [Re: ]
    #673632 - 06/11/02 05:10 PM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Hmm, i'd suspect alot of psilocybin to normally leave a little hang over, head aches and all if you were not used to it. I recently ate almost 4.5 grams of maz, my first time that much, and had a nice trip that turned bad (made a big post on it). I think it was some kind of food poisening from the shrooms where i left them sitting in room temperture slowly drying for about 4-5 days or from taco bell food, and i have been under the weather since, today the third day after, and my gut still feels like its gone through a meat grinder to this minute =\.

As for herb, it seems irrelevant in a hang-over like this.. Jango, slow down there on that fungus, too much and you might become a shrewd toadstool yourself ;p

OfflineBarbi
Plastic Person

#674089 - 06/12/02 12:53 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Edited by mndfreeze

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: hangover? [Re: Barbi]
    #674125 - 06/12/02 02:23 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

Ooooh, yeah, good idea man. I always get a bottle of blue Powerade for my trips lol. It's kinda become standard. Helps too, but makes you piss ALOT. So don't go drinking a lot of powerade if you're in a place that you can't easily go to the toilet.

OfflineCalimero
chronicheadache

Loc: Belgium
    #674128 - 06/12/02 02:30 AM (16 years, 6 months ago)

I suffer from chronic headaches (doctors say it's probably 'tension-related') and when I eat mushrooms these headaches disappear completely. The day-after I'm back to normal, which means that my daily headaches are back, but not any worse. And pot usually helps too for my headaches.(sometimes really good, other times only a little bit)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Powder   Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, CBD Compare   Amazon Herb Grinder, Tacos

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience