Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Mycelium coloring
    #672758 - 06/11/02 06:09 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey guys. I've cultivated for quite some time and have never seen such a big difference in two different cultures as I'm seeing now. I made 12 jars 3 weeks ago with two different spore prints. 6 jars to a print. I now can see great differences in the mycelium color. I have 6 jars which have been oustanding in their colonization. The mycelium is a brilliant white as usual. The second batch is more of a bluish grey white. This is not contamination, it is healthy growing mycelium. Its still white, just greyish white compared to the other batch. I'm wondering if this is just a poor culture compared to the first batch, or perhaps the jars are dehydrated. In one year I've never seen anything like this. Any thoughts? They are the same strand, prints were from different flushes.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Mycelium coloring [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #672773 - 06/11/02 06:20 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

my mycellium (Mazatapecs) started off very greyish...but it was just the transparent nature of the strands combined with the color of the substrate behind them...in two days of growth everything went bright white. Give it a day or two and perhaps you'll notice the same thing.

Good luck!

Love & Light,

Boppity

Offlinegoolag
Rx

Loc: Stable
Re: Mycelium coloring [Re: TrippingBillies]
    #672774 - 06/11/02 06:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Mycellium will start to look gray (kinda like cobweb mold) when there is a lack of moisture. You see this mostly on casings. Hopefully someone else can direct you into fixing the prob..I'm about to step out of the door.

--------------------
goolag

[url=http://shroomery.org/faq/]Check out
the Shroomery FAQ
[/url]

OfflineTrippingBillies
SpaceCruiser
Loc: Pangea
Re: Mycelium coloring [Re: Boppity604]
    #672786 - 06/11/02 06:36 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think you both might be right. The areas where the mycelium has got a good stronghold is a brighter shade of white. I think perhaps the quick colonization has resulted in sparsely colonized substrate on the exterior of the jars which I see. The lack of water theory could also be true. I tried to sterilize this batch longer because this new environment in which I worked in the last two times resulted in contams. To fight this I was extra cautious and actually had two jars crack while being sterilized.

--------------------
"It's so obvious it's hard to understand."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom