Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia brah Flag
Re: Melbourne season [Re: triple_]
    #6760493 - 04/08/07 08:44 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

triple_ said:
Dammit.

I'm living in Adelaide this year for work....and I've been missing Melbourne more and more lately because I know the season's coming :frown:

Man, Adelaide still produces some pretty good patches. Im fairly sure OOISI is from South Aus (not sure, correct me if im wrong). From memory he seems to get some good hauls during the season.

Dont lose hope hahaha....

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: aussie
Re: Melbourne season [Re: DepthToTheCore]
    #6760563 - 04/08/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

indeed there is! check it out triple
the results of 4 man, 1 day hunting expedition at a pine forest 40km from Adelaide. There is well over a thousand subs there all gathered from one location.

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

OfflineOOISI
Suburbanaut
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: SA
    #6760692 - 04/08/07 10:10 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
Man, Adelaide still produces some pretty good patches. Im fairly sure OOISI is from South Aus (not sure, correct me if im wrong). From memory he seems to get some good hauls during the season.

Dont lose hope hahaha....

Yeah im from Adelaide, most are found out in the wild thoughout the hills. Just started finding woodchip patch fruitings last year and been huntings since '04.

--------------------
Subaeruginosa Guide

Bless the Lord, O my soul O my soul Worship His holy name.

OfflineArtnotwar
Chemical Researcher
Male User Gallery

Re: Melbourne season [Re: OOISI]
    #6761113 - 04/08/07 12:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hey tryptonite, was that last season or have you had good weather lately?

--------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Until the 20th century, reality was everything humans could touch, smell, see,
and hear.
Since the initial publication of the charged electromagnetic spectrum, humans
learned that what they can touch, smell, see, and hear... is less than one
millionth of reality.
--------------------------------

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

Re: Melbourne season [Re: Artnotwar]
    #6764001 - 04/09/07 04:04 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

last season. melbourne and new zealand always fruit before us. we are the driest inhabitated state in the world unfortunately. not because of lack or rainfall but because of extreme evaporation

--------------------

Entheogen Trade List

OfflineZenXi6
Illuminate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Re: Melbourne season [Re: tryptonite]
    #6767522 - 04/09/07 09:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I've seen plenty of inactives around, which is getting me all excited!
The ground still doesn't seem to be quite moist enough yet, and i haven't had a look for actives yet coz I don't think there'll be much point.. but it's just round the corner now! And I have plans this year..

Is it possible to seed an area with spores by tapping a shrooms cap over some moist areas? How do you spread spores humanly?

--------------------
We are the Divine Universe, Incarnate!

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

#6768275 - 04/10/07 12:17 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tryptonite said:
last season. melbourne and new zealand always fruit before us. we are the driest inhabitated state in the world unfortunately. not because of lack or rainfall but because of extreme evaporation

You serious? Do you mean the driest in Australia? South Aus is definitely not the driest state in the world i can assure you. The Atacama Desert in Chile has never had any significant precipitation on record.

Learn somethin new everyday heh...

Quote:

ZenXi6 said:Is it possible to seed an area with spores by tapping a shrooms cap over some moist areas? How do you spread spores humanly?

Ive been hunting for a few years and have come to the conclusion that its just a waste of time. If you grow a culture in agar or something and transfer it to a bed of woodchips/mulch, then you will have success. However tapping the top of the mushroom IMO is just a waste of time.

--------------------

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who cannot hear the music." - George Carlin

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Melbourne, Aus
    #6768848 - 04/10/07 06:34 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ZenXi6 said:Is it possible to seed an area with spores by tapping a shrooms cap over some moist areas? How do you spread spores humanly?

Ive been hunting for a few years and have come to the conclusion that its just a waste of time. If you grow a culture in agar or something and transfer it to a bed of woodchips/mulch, then you will have success. However tapping the top of the mushroom IMO is just a waste of time.

I agree.
I think the spores drop out over a long period of time.
I don't think tapping on the cap of a mushroom will get you anywhere.

On the subject of "spreading spores humanly", i don't know how,
or if it is possible, or why you would want to try in melbourne.
But keep searching, you might find something.
If you do, please share :smile:

--------------------

Invisibletryptonite
mushroom ninja
Male User Gallery

#6769256 - 04/10/07 09:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the_notorious said:
You serious? Do you mean the driest in Australia? South Aus is definitely not the driest state in the world i can assure you. The Atacama Desert in Chile has never had any significant precipitation on record.

Australia is the driest continent on earth apart from Antarctica. And SA is the driest state in Australia. Do people live in this desert in Chile? If you read my post that you quoted carefully you will see I said it was driest inhabited state in the world. I specifically make sure I know exactly what I'm talking about when posting on the shroomery because I found that people love to pick others mistakes.

Quote:

http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=44&area=2&c=49714
South Australians live in the 'driest state in the driest inhabited continent in the world'.

Quote:

[Zenxi6 said:]
Is it possible to seed an area with spores by tapping a shrooms cap over some moist areas? How do you spread spores humanly?

as long as you collect the matures ones (veils broken) then the mushroom has completed its life cycle and has already spread the majority of its spores. Anything left over is insignificant

Edited by tryptonite (04/10/07 10:56 AM)

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

#6772799 - 04/10/07 10:04 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

tryptonite said:
Quote:

the_notorious said:

Australia is the driest continent on earth apart from Antarctica. And SA is the driest state in Australia. Do people live in this desert in Chile? If you read my post that you quoted carefully you will see I said it was driest inhabited state in the world. I specifically make sure I know exactly what I'm talking about when posting on the shroomery because I found that people love to pick others mistakes.

Quote:

http://www.sacentral.sa.gov.au/site/page.cfm?u=44&area=2&c=49714
South Australians live in the 'driest state in the driest inhabited continent in the world'.

Quote:

[Zenxi6 said:]

as long as you collect the matures ones (veils broken) then the mushroom has completed its life cycle and has already spread the majority of its spores. Anything left over is insignificant

Ok ok shit, misread your post thats all. Jesus. Anyway as soon as we get a temperature drop and a day or two of good rain im heading out....will be expecting to see my good patches pinning at least.

Come on winter.... :smile:

--------------------

InvisibleShroomeup
Snipes
 User Gallery

#6773792 - 04/11/07 02:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Went for a look today but only found inactives in the forest near my patches. This rain forest is usually dripping wet by this time of year but was bone dry. Anyway I thought I might aswell post some of my finds. Im bloody stinging for subs to start popping up.

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Melbourne season [Re: Shroomeup]
    #6778079 - 04/12/07 05:13 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

^ nice one!

makes me sting as well :evil:

--------------------

Offlineannie686
Stranger
Re: Melbourne season [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #6785794 - 04/14/07 03:02 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

hey everyone. so my first shroom experience was in amsterdam and it completely blew my mind. ive had them since in melbourne but ive jsut been buying off friends of friends etc... i want to start picking my own this year but have no idea where to look or what to look for. if anyone can help thatd be sweet i live around the south eastern suburbs.. thanks guys.
peace

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Melbourne season [Re: annie686]
    #6792365 - 04/15/07 09:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

After a decent rain, go to any areas that are landscaped, and search for mushrooms growing on wood chips.

Photograph them so you can get them identified on these forums. Don't eat anything until you have an expert opinion. An expert opinion!

When picking keep different species separated in brown bags. Not good to have them mixing, they only like their own kind.

They're easy to find. Just keep in mind there are mushrooms very similar to the ones you're after that will fuck you up and probably kill you and your liver.

Subs bruise blue.

Edited by Ngalyod (04/15/07 09:16 PM)

InvisibleDepthToTheCore
JeeBuzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Melbourne season [Re: Ngalyod]
    #6792428 - 04/15/07 09:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Ground is still too damn dry. Finding heaps of inactives though....

If we dont get rain soon, could be mid-late May before anything significant pops up :confused:

--------------------

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#6793416 - 04/16/07 02:24 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

:frown:

--------------------

OfflineNgalyod
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #6793433 - 04/16/07 02:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I'm thinking mid May as well, man. Weather is fucked.

Last year we got plenty of rain early then almost fuck all for the rest of the season. Sucks.

Offlineannie686
Stranger
Re: Melbourne season [Re: Ngalyod]
    #6793471 - 04/16/07 03:11 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

oh okay thanks, the fact that some could kill me sort of scares me but ill see how i go.

Offlineshroomer_nick
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: Melbourne season [Re: annie686]
    #6793544 - 04/16/07 03:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

annie686 said:
oh okay thanks, the fact that some could kill me sort of scares me but ill see how i go.

no need to be scared
as long as you get an expert opinion there is nothing to worry about
just remember to respect them!

here is another flick to help you out:

if you are hunting in melbourne the only active mushroom you need to worry about is Psilocybe Subaeruginosa (above)

--------------------

Offlinemoshroom
curious

Loc: Ausvicmel s.e
Re: Melbourne season [Re: shroomer_nick]
    #6793619 - 04/16/07 04:52 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

just post everything you find here, these guys know what they are looking at if you are unsure just ask them before going any further.

--------------------
Magic Mushrooms are just natures way of saying High!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies