Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request
    #672524 - 06/11/02 01:57 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: What would you do in this casing scenario [Re: malibu76]
    #672539 - 06/11/02 02:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

For the humidity, for me bringing it down, I cut some little holes in the bottom near the perlite and one in the middle of the container all cover with some filters. Then on my lid to the container, I leave about a 1 1/2 inch crack along with a airpump to help push some out. With all this I can get a steady reading at 90% and this is with perlite. Whenever its time to pin again, I just close the lid all the way and the humidty is back at 99%. Now im not sure what kind of house you live in, but i live in a trailor where the vents are on the floor. I close the vents and cover them with 2 layers of thick towels. This pretty much prevents any air from coming in, so it warms my room up. Maby if you have vents in the wall you could still try to cover them. My temps are all different in each room of my house. First room its 66(right next to the air conditioner), my mushroom room, is usually at 75 but gets to 80 during the day when its hot, and the rest of the house is usually at 72-75. Let us know how goes......later

Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request [Re: ]
    #672619 - 06/11/02 03:55 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

"All posts made by this username are entirely fictional, except for this sentence"...

Invisiblemalibu76
Stranger
Post deleted by users_request [Re: malibu76]
    #672713 - 06/11/02 05:32 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
See ya later,

Offlineindicaz
Lysol God
Male User Gallery

Loc: My Chair
    #672722 - 06/11/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

malibu,

Your right once your casings get in there the humidity will drop, I had the same situation and once I put the casings in 2 things happened for some odd reason.

1. My humidity dropped and I had to get a humidifier.

2. For some odd reason temperatures raised

I still cant keep my temp much below 80-82 F
and my humidity wont lower any farther then 92%

Ambient room temp where im at now is like 82F and its 85% humidity
and in my grow space I have no air conditioner.

Basically what I have been doing to lower my RH is air out my container more

and I havent been able to lower temps really. everything is pinning fine though and were on schedule so Im not complaining. Im not sure what the minimal temp and RH differences make.. That is probably your most important factor... what happens if your a few degrees or % off ?

Ive noticed how resilient these lil buggers are and I assume even though my conditions may be slightly off that in nature things arent always on point either and the factors change constantly so Im sure ill be ok.

indicaz

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #672845 - 06/11/02 07:26 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

In reply to:

As for the temp, 69 is where it is at. 74 to about 78 is what I have been told for pinning, then 84 or so for fruiting

Do not fruit at 84F, where did you get this?? 74-78F for fruiting.

Raising the temperature will automatically drop the humidity

Good luck

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: What would you do in this casing scenario [Re: indicaz]
    #672855 - 06/11/02 07:34 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

There use to be an old thread concerning gas exchange within a terrainum. Basically, you get a plastic container (rubbermaid, sterilite, etc..) and you cut holes in the bottom of the terrainum, attach filter discs and that will allow for a great gas exchange. It will also lower your humidity a bit.

You put your casings in the terrainum and you temps still rise? The temperature of your casing is causing your temps to rise. Some casing can easily casue a +10 degree change.
You might want to looking into getting a probe thermometer.

Just my 2 cents

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom