Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Loc: On the Border
Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: Icelander]
    #6725360 - 03/29/07 04:33 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

What you have defined is a soldier. Even the US Army, which I am a former member of, made this distinction. During my years with the infantry I was never once referred to as a warrior or a potential warrior. I was referred to as a soldier. A soldier does his duty...he follows orders. A warrior is free.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecapliberty
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #6725396 - 03/29/07 04:44 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

SOFs are free,

1. a person who independently seeks pleasure, wealth, etc., through adventurous exploits.
2. a military adventurer, ready to serve anywhere for pay or for pleasure.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #6725448 - 03/29/07 04:55 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

it stars saddam said:
I really don't consider anyone a warrior unless they've fought in a war, a real war that is.

What's a real war?

Vicious combat, like the Vietnam war, not a metaphor for one's personal struggle or whatever.

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6725450 - 03/29/07 04:56 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
I think isolating yourself from others is a sign of weakness.

Why?

Offlinefivepointer
Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6725462 - 03/29/07 04:59 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Christians are spiritual warriors:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;) Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the Knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: fivepointer]
    #6725490 - 03/29/07 05:07 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

fivepointer said:
Christians are spiritual warriors:

2 Corinthians 10:3-5
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the Knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Ephesians 6:10-17
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.  Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.  For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.  Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.  Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;  And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;  Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.  And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

How didn't I think of that before :rolleyes:?
:rofl2:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6725491 - 03/29/07 05:08 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

it stars saddam said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

it stars saddam said:
I really don't consider anyone a warrior unless they've fought in a war, a real war that is.

What's a real war?

Vicious combat, like the Vietnam war, not a metaphor for one's personal struggle or whatever.

War means having a fight... a fight can also be spiritual!

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

InvisibleMushmanTheManic
Stranger

Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6725705 - 03/29/07 06:26 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

Liquid_Dimension said:
Quote:

MushmanTheManic said:
I think isolating yourself from others is a sign of weakness.

do you not like being alone? some people do not enjoy their own company.

Anyway,most people just isolate themselves from other people because honestly most people are just idiots :shrug: I enjoy my own damn company.

sorry had to defend people who like being alone :cool:

I ment isolating yourself entirely from society. I have no problem being alone per se. (I spend the majority of my time alone.) There is a difference between being alone and being isolated. Although I spend more than half of my waking life in damn near total solitude, I am still able to maintain relationships and social contacts. I'm in no way detached from society and would never want to be. If anything, I want to be more involved in society.

I'm drawn to people like myself who see the value in solitude. Unfortunately, it seems every loner I've tried to befriend is isolated not because of their own desire to be so, but because of a continual rejection by their peers. There basically losers who're afraid of the social world.

Well shit... I was interrupted and lost my train of thought... :crazy: Here is a less-than-elegant way of putting it. Those individuals who climb up in mountains and hide the caves are pussies. Real warriors are fighting it out in the social arena, battling to achieve their goals while developing their personality through relationships with other beings.

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Loc: Under The Bodhi Tree
Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: MushmanTheManic]
    #6725721 - 03/29/07 06:30 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Sometimes there is a very good reason and motivation to go into mountains and caves, sometimes not.

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: Sinbad]
    #6725734 - 03/29/07 06:34 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

this is really hard to deal with

life is probably the hardest thing i've ever done, especially when i don't have an outlet at all for my compassion to flow, then it gets stagnant and i lose it and its hard to tap into

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: leery11]
    #6725755 - 03/29/07 06:41 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
this is really hard to deal with

life is probably the hardest thing i've ever done, especially when i don't have an outlet at all for my compassion to flow, then it gets stagnant and i lose it and its hard to tap into

I feel you on this one.:heart:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6725763 - 03/29/07 06:43 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

i hope i get bailed out

--------------------

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#6725771 - 03/29/07 06:46 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

We gotta bail ourselves out bro. Hope is suffering. Keep on truckin. :heart:

--------------------

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6725790 - 03/29/07 06:51 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

well if i'm supposed to be a warrior why does it not pay out to use MY will? this is a stupid empty dogma i am writing but i only write it because of case history.

--------------------

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #6725793 - 03/29/07 06:52 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

it stars saddam said:
Quote:

Icelander said:
Quote:

it stars saddam said:

What's a real war?

Vietnam was a conflict, not a war :wink:

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Edited by demius (03/29/07 06:53 PM)

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

Re: The lonely path of the Warrior. [Re: capliberty]
    #6725821 - 03/29/07 06:59 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

A mercenary, or SOF as you said, is a soldier. The majority of these guys are merciless kill for hire types who carry no moral convictions as long as the pay is good.

--------------------
"A warrior is a hunter. He calculates everything. That's control. Once his calculations are over, he acts. He lets go. That's abandon. A warrior is not a leaf at the mercy of the wind. No one can push him; no one can make him do things against himself or against his better judgment. A warrior is tuned to survive, and he survives in the best of all possible fashions." ― Carlos Castaneda

InvisibleSinbad
Living TheMoment
Male

#6725841 - 03/29/07 07:05 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

leery11 said:
well if i'm supposed to be a warrior why does it not pay out to use MY will? this is a stupid empty dogma i am writing but i only write it because of case history.

Personally, i think the whole concept of 'will power' is a red herring. It implies a struggle against some outer force or inner force. That intense dualistic fixation is no good for an aspiring warrior. Real power is inherent in the energy of our dimension.

One only need to recognize it and relax into that source, from then on there is no battle of wills. Everything, even suffering is the manifestation of that energy, and there is no longer exists any dualistic fixation between outer and inner. This is what Trungpa Rinpoche was pointing toward in his books i feel.

Now this is probably stupid, empty dogma, but a will implies a self-existent subject, and you know what i think about that.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6725855 - 03/29/07 07:08 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

"As a spiritual hero he is freed from the repulsiveness which the military trade otherwise implies. His characteristics are kindness, an open heart, dignity, elegance, precision, modesty, attentiveness, fearlessness, equanimity, concentration, and confidence of victory."

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6725891 - 03/29/07 07:21 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Quote:

The birth of the warrior is like the first growth of a reindeer’s horns. At first, the horns are very soft and almost rubbery, and they have little hairs growing on them. They are not yet horns, as such: they are just sloppy growths with blood inside. Then, as the reindeer ages, the horns grow stronger, developing four points or ten points or even forty points. Fearlessness, at the beginning, is like those rubbery horns. They look like horns, but you can’t quite fight with them. When a reindeer first grows it horns, it doesn’t know what to use them for. It must feel very awkward to have those soft, lumpy growths on your head. But then the reindeer begins to realize that it should have horns: that horns are a natural part of being a reindeer. In the same way, when a human being first gives birth to the tender heart of warriorship, he or she may feel extremely awkward or uncertain about how to relate to this kind of fearlessness. But then, as you experience this sadness more and more, you realize that human beings should be tender and open. So you no longer need to feel shy or embarrassed about being gentle. In fact, your softness begins to become passionate. You would like to extend yourself to others and communicate with them.

--------------------

InvisibleHuehuecoyotl
Fading Slowly
Male User Gallery

#6725905 - 03/29/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 4 days ago)

Will is not a red herring. Everything flows from will. It should not be seen as a struggle, but as a surrender, and a coming in to balence.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds