Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
This thread is very old and might contain outdated or inaccurate information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineillerrre
Stranger
Is depersonalization so bad?
    #6720094 - 03/28/07 02:46 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Mushrooms, LSD, etc can cause this right? But is it that bad? Maybe if you can't control it or didn't see it coming it might be bad.

Death has long been my greatest fear. I don't know how many nights I've lied in my bed just thinking how life passes by so fast and how I'm one day just gonna lay in a coffin and not being able to think... "how will that feel... not being able to think". When I got those feelings I began sweating and felt my pulse rising.

Anyhow, now lately for a few months I've been reflecting over life and what life really is. And it has come to me that there really must be something after life. It seems so impossible that it would just end. Our universe is way too big. Too many mysteries.

So I haven't tried shrooms yet (gonna do next week) and I've been reading a lot about everything... And I read about depersonalization.

"Sufferers of depersonalization feel divorced from both the world and from their own identity and physicality. Often the person who has experienced depersonalization claims that life "feels like a movie, things seem unreal, or hazy." Also a recognition of self breaks down (hence the name). The person experiencing the disorder may feel like life is a dream or an illusion of sorts. Often, this results in very high anxiety levels, which further increases the feelings of 'fakeness'. It is in a sense, a 'feedback loop' that amplifies itself."

I think I'd love to hear from either scientific facts or shrooms speaking to me that life was just a dream. Although I would NOT like it if it affected me in a way so I wouldn't appreciate life. Is it always bad?

Weird post, I know... Just some thoughts. Any comments?

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineeyevelostmymynd
SPoon in BOwl
Male User Gallery

Loc: Green mountain State
Re: Is depersonalization so bad? [Re: illerrre]
    #6720204 - 03/28/07 03:06 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

well it depends i think. you can be a real dirt bag and if you lose yourself who knows maybe you come out as someone who is not so cruel. But if your a real amazing person and you lose that part of you that makes you who you are, ur lost and it affects alot more people and in worse ways. life isnt a dream, if you srat thinking life is a dream, you end up where alice went. and barrett.
our brains make everything seem real, even when tripping balls.
its all a mystery that will probly never be solved.
but good topic man
shrum on

OfflineShroomDoom
Friend of the Medicine
 User Gallery

Loc: A Psychedelic State
    #6720234 - 03/28/07 03:11 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

all i have to say is dont force any expectations on the shroom trip. it will take you where it will, sometimes beyond the individual self or ego into a greater connected consciousness. sometimes they cause a breakdown of 'reality' and its illusory fixedness and reveals its true dream-like nature. beyond our realm of conditioning, beliefs, judgements, opinions, intellect, inhibitions, and thoughts is the realm of the dream-time.the initiation into these states should be undertaken however with a slow dialogue with the mushrooms, no one should ever try to take high doses if they are inexperienced. even for the more experienced tripper high doses sometimes land in realms of chaos and odd moods that seem to linger well after the trip . for your first time just take a small dose and let go of any thoughts or preconceptions and just feel the mushroom flow. respect the mushroom as a living entity with a concsiousness of its own, and it will guide you (hopefully).

How do we not know that our life right is not a dream? you could just as easily have falsely awakened this morning and still not know that you were in a dream. it has happened before. what if death is just another dream, but a different one that we awaken into? that last moment of consciousness where time loses its meaning, and 1 second could contain infinite lifetimes.

--------------------

Edited by ShroomDoom (03/28/07 03:17 PM)

Offlinekungpow
SeasonedPsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: AaAaAaAa
    #6720240 - 03/28/07 03:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Depersonalization is just another term for ego death. It is quite common for trippers but I wold have to say that it take experience to get there. I have tripped about 30 times now and I still haven't gotten there. I don't know what other's intentions are when it comes to psychadelics but I know that my intention is to have an ego loss experience. From what I have read it is sounds like quite the experience.

I have the same problem as you do with death. I am the kind of person that can't believe in something that I don't KNOW is there. I really want to believe in an afterlife but the teachings of science and pure common sense send me the message that there isn't an afterlife. I feel that when we die then that is it. No more or no less. Once you are not alive you won't know the difference anyways, but it still gives me anxiety attacks to think of it.

This why I believe man created religion. If there weren't religion then the whole world would be feelign the way I do sometimes and that wouldn't be good.

I am still looking for some kind of sign that there is somethign after life. That brings me to my psychadelic experiences. I keep hoping to find something there. I have had some very interesting times while tripping but I have not had the ego loss experience. I believe that I will ahve it when the mushroom feels that I am ready. So every trip that I take now is just trying to gather more experience to get there.

~Peace OUt

--------------------
Monotub #3 - check out my best grow to date!!!!

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #6720262 - 03/28/07 03:17 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Questions like "why do we exist?" and "what happens after we die?" should be reduced to simple statements, i.e. "we exist", "we die." We already know everything; that's the scary part. Reality is the trip.

Offlinearchetype
Stranger
Male

Loc: Missouri
    #6720278 - 03/28/07 03:20 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

In my experience, there are two types of people who deal with depersonalization: those who accept it, and those who reject it - violently.

I'm one to accept it. When i get the feeling like i'm no longer myself or that i have lived someone else's life, i embrace the feeling. It's like thinking, "This is the only life i know, but i am sure that there is another person living out there." Then you understand what it's like to be someone else for a moment.

A few of my friends are unable to do this. They freak out when it happens to them. They get the feeling that they are going to lose their perception of life and become some kind of a vegetable. It scares them terribly. Panic attacks happen often.

If you can't handle it, don't do it again. Try and just roll with it and remember: you bought the drugs to get this feeling, so go ahead and enjoy it. Everything's going to be fine.

--------------------

All keystrokes performed on this user's account are completely random and are not to be taken seriously.

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
Re: Is depersonalization so bad? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6720293 - 03/28/07 03:24 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I have a friend, possibly Schizophrenic, who suffers from depersonalization. The way he describes it is that he doesn't feel like his body belongs to him. He looks at his arm and would say "This arm isn't mine." According to him, it's a horrid thing to live with. It will come in attacks like anxiety. If he doesn't sleep or if he drinks alcohol it becomes worse.

EDIT: He just gets it out of the blue, at times he cannot control. Has never used anything other than pot and alcohol.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Edited by AlCapwn (03/28/07 03:26 PM)

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

Re: Is depersonalization so bad? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6720947 - 03/28/07 06:09 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

depersonolization is actually an effect of panic attacks, it can also occur without the onset of a panic attack and this is known as depersonalization disorder the dsm-IV-TR also says that they can be found in peple sufferent from acute stress disorder or post traumatic stress disorder. its not associated with schizophrenia regularly fyi. peace and love

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery

Re: Is depersonalization so bad? [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6721148 - 03/28/07 06:48 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

it stars saddam said:
Questions like "why do we exist?" and "what happens after we die?" should be reduced to simple statements, i.e. "we exist", "we die." We already know everything; that's the scary part. Reality is the trip.

heh i like this statement

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Offlineleafing
Male User Gallery

Re: Is depersonalization so bad? [Re: LedHead]
    #6721156 - 03/28/07 06:49 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

it's in many psychologgical disorders...

Quote:

LedHead said:

depersonolization is actually an effect of panic attacks, it can also occur without the onset of a panic attack and this is known as depersonalization disorder the dsm-IV-TR also says that they can be found in peple sufferent from acute stress disorder or post traumatic stress disorder. its not associated with schizophrenia regularly fyi. peace and love

--------------------

"The psychedelic experience is just the temporary disruption of psychophysics and the telepathic emergence of synchronic linguistics "

~Leafing~

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies