Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

Shroom sprites
    #671428 - 06/10/02 10:21 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I often get these spherical images/characters in my trips some are red, some blue and some green. Their shape isn't solid it's more like a diffuse light source. I call them sprites (they said I could) as they often talk to me while I'm coming up in the early stages. They pass before my closed eyelids and whisper, sometimes all at once so it's quite difficult/confusing at times. They're mostly harmless though at times they will try and scare me with images (usually deformaties) and then ask me if it frightens me. I always answer "yes" (and I'm not lying, they know how to do grotesque trust me!), they seem pleased by this act of and usually become playful again.
When I take rue there's a real buzz of excitement from the sprite camp, their voices become louder, sometimes seeming to come from external sources. They also take on a more 3D look and varying shapes (star children that like to build pyramids, lizard skinned monkey children that like to build their own bodies from scratch. But I know it's them because theres almost always a playful aspect.

I once saw a blue sprite empowered with rue energy change from the diffuse dull glow to a brilliant blue ball of icey energy. As he morphed the scene morped with him untill in the end the sprite had become a dazziling crystal sun at the peak of a crystal mountain with a crystal lake at the foot of the mountain where I lay submerged in the blue, chocked by the beauty.

I wonder if I hadn't mabye heard of mckenna's "machine elves" would these images in my trips be just that; Images. With no real character of their own. Or would I have still discovered them, or them me?

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: Shroom sprites [Re: Roger_irrelevant]
    #671857 - 06/10/02 03:25 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Good question... But I don't think there is any point in speculating about what might have been... the elves are real for a given value of real..your experience with them is real...but would your experiences be different if you had never heard of them? Maybe the trip would just manifest itself in a different way. Which is I guess what it all comes down to...past experiences creating the trip experience.

--------------------

OfflineLOBO
Vagabond

Loc: NY
Re: Shroom sprites [Re: Revelation]
    #672506 - 06/11/02 03:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Well I have to disagree a little with you, you do have a valid point but on the other hand I had experienced those "machine elves" to give it a name, before I even knew who McKenna was.
In many of my journeys I have see "spirits" that I have felt there were independent from my mind, (now you can argue that is just a product of my sub consciousness) and I am open to that possibility to, but at the same time we know so little of this experiences that I can not deny them either.
If you ever go true one of them, you definitely feel that is not coming from your mind.
But that is just my feeling.

--------------------

OfflinePsyFlux
enthusiast

#672566 - 06/11/02 04:57 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

wow, very interesting!
never experienced anything close to this tho.

I like the name 'sprites' btw

OfflineSparklehorse
If Im here whosgrooming thefoxes for theparade

Loc: UK
    #672577 - 06/11/02 05:04 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Since trips are premeditated, I wonder what kind of a trip someone who had been isolated for the majority of their life trip about? Would they have no chance of a bad trip?

--------------------

Offlinecantankerous
boogieman

Loc: hidden in your terrarium
    #674236 - 06/12/02 06:44 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

my friend tells me about three "sprites" that always follow him on trips. he says they are little mushroom guys that just sort of chill with him. kinda neat!

--------------------
peace,
beatle

"Friday is my high day"

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
    #674651 - 06/12/02 11:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Aren't P.C. psych's awesome! I see the SAME type of thing, looks kind of like a morphing gold and velvet king's crown.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Shroom sprites [Re: TM]
    #674795 - 06/12/02 01:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sounds like DMT elves. What I think most people who proclaim that shrooms and such bring us into contact with other "lifeforms" fail to realize is that the drug is triggering our brains in new ways...it's all internal. all perceptions are a product of the mind...even when the mind is intoxicated. Some will argue such manifestations reflect archetypes in our subconscious while others (like me) would argue they're simply our pre-conceived notions of what such experiences would be like. Psychedelics are good tools to help expand baseline consciousness...but don't be too blown away by what you see...it's all inside your mind already...have fun with it and don't be afraid of anything you witness...fear is an afflictive emotion...any experience is inherently empty...and until you allow your fear to grab you and label an experience as frightening...it was nothing. So if you need to associate a label with experiences while tripping, just tell yourself everything will be an enjoyable experience...and it will be.

Love & Light,

Boppity

np: Infected Mushroom "Where is the S?"

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: Shroom sprites [Re: Boppity604]
    #675293 - 06/12/02 05:42 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

My friend used to see little green men. LOL. Once she was shooing them off the road because she thought they would get run over.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
    #675780 - 06/12/02 10:41 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

anyone ever seen human sized auras around them when tripping - like strange spirit shapes that do not move but just flash before you??

--------------------

OfflineJurdoc
Stranger
Loc: Alaska
    #675887 - 06/13/02 02:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

i took great interest in reading your post. i have a similar phenomenon in which, i AFTER watching the movie fear and loathing in las vegas, will make kind of "Sccreee" noises and circle my hands around my head in sort of a "carry on" fashion. now i do this quite naturally on my trips, it just comes to me. but i wonder if subconciously it came to me from watching the movie and realizing hunter thompson was on acid.

--------------------
"We can't stop here! This is bat country!"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports