Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleSilversoul
Rhizome
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Barricades
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6711305 - 03/26/07 12:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I wish my town had an annual "Running of the Jew" event.

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Silversoul]
    #6711337 - 03/26/07 12:26 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

More interesting stuff about the movie...

Quote:

WAPT (Jackson, Mississippi) TV news producer Dharma Arthur states in Newsweek she lost her job as a result of her booking Borat on a local afternoon news programme. At the time of the appearance, she was unaware of Baron Cohen's act. During an interview with anchor Brad McMullan, Borat made sexual and scatological references, kissed McMullan, and later disrupted a live weather report.[38] She said: "Because of him, my boss lost faith in my abilities and second-guessed everything I did... I spiraled into depression, and... was released from my contract... It took me three months to find another job, and now I'm thousands of dollars in debt and struggling to keep my house out of foreclosure... How upsetting that a man who leaves so much harm in his path is lauded as a comedic genius."

The broadcast, including the initial interview, the disrupted weather report, and several behind-the-scenes shots made by Borat's own film crew, is seen in the Borat movie.

However, not all hoax victims threaten to sue. Behind-the-scenes interviews with Randall Shelley (Guide to Baseball), Danny Passmore (Guide to Hobbies USA), Jennifer Defrancisco/Charles Di Cagno (Guide to Acting), Ken Goldberg (Guide to Being a Real Man) and Peta Heskell (Guide to English Gentlemen) have all decided not to sue.[39]

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

OfflinemndfreezeM
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: fireworks_god]
    #6711352 - 03/26/07 12:28 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My mustache still tastes of your testes!

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

InvisibleKrishna
कृष्ण,LOL
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
    #6711362 - 03/26/07 12:30 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

i thought it was funny, but if you've seen all the original episodes that were on channel 4 in britain & all the hbo episodes (many of which are just remakes of sketches that were on channel 4) you can't help but notice that a good share of the material is old stuff redone in the context of a movie. :ohwell: i think Sacha Baron Cohen has screwed himself with popularity, like tom green before him - now that a good share of people know who he is and the characters he plays, he'll not be able to get the same unsuspecting reactions that he was able to when people didn't know who he was. which sucks because that is what makes his acts so hilarious

--------------------

InvisiblePenguarky Tunguin
f n o r d
Male User Gallery

Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Krishna]
    #6711625 - 03/26/07 02:03 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

My favorite part was when Borat and his huge promoter fought naked.  That shit was so fucking highlarious.

:lol:

--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #6712506 - 03/26/07 12:44 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I really didnt enjoy that movie very much.

I think if I had seen it before I heard all the hype, I would have enjoyed it more.

But after listening to 30 bajillion people tell me it was the best movie ever, I had very high expectations and left more than a little dissapointed.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Krishna]
    #6712530 - 03/26/07 12:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

He can keep making new characters though. :grin:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6712538 - 03/26/07 12:52 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
But after listening to 30 bajillion people tell me it was the best movie ever, I had very high expectations and left more than a little dissapointed.

So you ruined the experience of the movie for yourself?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #6712550 - 03/26/07 12:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, it wasnt as good as I thought it would be.

Personal Opinion.

I'm sure I like some movies that you think are garbage too.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: In(di)go]
    #6712947 - 03/26/07 03:31 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

In(di)go said:
Quote:

Brugman said:
Do you know of his other two characters, Ali G and Bruno? Some people don't... but I've heard he might make a Bruno movie.

bruno rocks... bruno is an austrian guy that is about the extremely gayest guy you've ever seen... it's especially funny if you know german and catch all the little german words he builds into his dialogues... he really pushes limits with that character...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLi7liCC_zs

here's bruno doing a "fashion police" thing... "ricky martin: keep him in the ghetto or train to auschwitz?"

btw i think sascha baron cohen is a genius...

Mini 9/11 hahahaha

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #6713041 - 03/26/07 03:56 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Madtowntripper said:
Hey, it wasnt as good as I thought it would be.

Personal Opinion.

I'm sure I like some movies that you think are garbage too.

Hey, you didn't say that you didn't think the movie was good, just that you had expectations of it that weren't fufilled. Clearly not everyone likes the same movies; it doesn't have anything to do with what I stated.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: C-137
    #6713575 - 03/26/07 06:15 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Borat is hilarious.  SBC does a great job staying in character, I've never seen him break it.  I love Bruno's opening music, it sounds great if you have a sub on your TV :lol:.  My only complaint?  Too many reruns.  Every time I turn it on it's an episode I've already seen.  It's like there's only 6 episodes of Da Ali G Show.

OfflineOracleOfDelphi
My Goal: To look fresh as hell
Female

Loc: Your Mind
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: Newbie]
    #6713603 - 03/26/07 06:25 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I cant believe how much i laughed during this ,movie. And initially I was reticent to go becuase I DID NOT like Ali G - I was the chick who was belly laughing through 99% of the movie. My face hurt after I came out. And It was awesome when a few Jews (I guess) walked out during the running of the Jews part - First they were booing it - then 3 ppl just up, and walked out - they were all together. it was a good thing they left when they did - it got worse. Boy oh boy I laughed.
As for a Bruno movie - I dont know if i could take it. SBC has NO problem getting nakied and doing all sorts of things, I cant imagine him as a gay Austian.
BTW get the DVD - its printed like a "fake" bootleg - and the extras are AMAZING
OoD

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: C-137
Re: I Know That I'm Not Catching This Phenomenon At Its Height... [Re: OracleOfDelphi]
    #6713607 - 03/26/07 06:28 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah this and Jackass had me laughing all the way through.  :lol:  The naked scene had me a little...ehh  I dunno wasn't my cup of tea after a while but very funny nonetheless.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]