Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineguitarmonkus
Fungal Padawan
Male

Loc: Central Texas
Spore death
    #6707733 - 03/24/07 09:57 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

At what temperature (or roundabout) do Psilocybin spores die? I was in a time rush yesterday and inoculated while the jars were still a bit hot from the PC.

--------------------
To be shaken out of the ruts of ordinary perception, to be shown for a few timeless hours the outer and the inner world, not as they appear to an animal obsessed with survival or to a human being obsessed with words and notions, but as they are apprehended, directly and unconditionally, by Mind at Large--this is an experience of inestimable value to everyone and especially to the intellectual. --Aldous Huxley

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemokee
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: ca
Re: Spore death [Re: guitarmonkus]
    #6707762 - 03/24/07 10:06 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Magash Said

"...Much misinformation is out there about this. FYI thermo death limits for mycelium begins at 106F, limits for spores is 122F (50 C). This is where death begins and duration has the biggest factor..."

You question is asked every few weeks or so. If you just click on the search funtion and ask it your questins you can save a lot of time. Saving your posts for questions that have not been asked and all the information is yours.

Its about how much time they were exposed to the heat. I would say your grow will go ahead as normal if they were just exposed long enough for the jars to cool down. If you had shaken your jars and could hold them in your bare hands, I would say your in the clear. I innoc shortly after PCing myself and havn't had any problems. But my actions echo my experiance, stick to your teks before you try and change things.

Its OKAY to wait to PC your jars and its okay to wait to innoc. If you have to re-pc, then go right ahead. Don't rush your steps of cultivation! Some things need to be done sqiftly, some need to be done accuratly.

Edited by mokee (03/24/07 10:13 PM)

Invisibleagar
old hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere Else
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spore death [Re: guitarmonkus]
    #6707767 - 03/24/07 10:07 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Suggest you START OVER...............NOW.
Next time, allow jars to cool OVERNIGHT.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies