Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Loc: SoCal
I'm moving back home now. I've had it.
    #6705660 - 03/24/07 07:31 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

It was a mistake living with two pot dealers.  That sentence may sound like a no-brainer but for some reason I didn't see this coming.  One of my main weed guys approached me to move in with him and his friend (who I knew and was cool with).  Things started off pretty good, we were all excited about the place (which is beautiful) and they were very respectful of keeping things under control when I had to work the next day, wake up early, etc.  Then that started to deteriorate.  Whenever they come home from the bar it's fuck me, let's be as loud as possible for as long as possible. 

Last night was the straw that broke the camel's back. I finally got to sleep around 1am.  2am rolls around and I awake to somebody in my room running up to me and slapping my ass.  Sure it was kinda funny but nobody's ever really gotten into my personal space like that, especially on a night where I worked the next morning.  I couldn't fall asleep because now I was forced to listen to them blasting their music downstairs, being loud and obnoxious, and even banging on the ceiling (my floor) to piss me off.  I could hear every word they said as the walls are paper-thin.  I get comfortable again when not more than 20 minutes later 2 of their guests start pounding on my door, screaming at me and shouting my name.  Then 2 seconds later my door is literally kicked in.  They busted the molding off the frame and dented the whole broad side of my door in.  He was in his boxers and the other guest had a video camera.  The one was trying to jump on me while I was being taped pushing him out of the room. 

Before

After

So I went downstairs and confronted everyone, went back upstairs, and the shit went on until about 4:30am...WAY too late for my taste. 

Now I never once knocked what they do.  They make a lot of money doing it, kept the traffic to a minimum, and know how to keep their noses pretty clean.  They got their rent and everything paid with no problem, hell even easier than me.  It's reached a point now where I'm tired of being locked up with these non-productive members of society.

I have these pictures as evidence in case the land lord has any disputes with me leaving. 

It feels good to finally be able to get away from these people.  The one in particular is one of those people that's always thinks he's right, always thinks he's better, stronger, blah blah blah.  God damn my nerves are shot. :crankey:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineOracleOfDelphi
My Goal: To look fresh as hell
Female

Loc: Your Mind
im sorry people suck [Re: Newbie]
    #6705662 - 03/24/07 07:36 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

sorry to hear you had to go through some shit. but you will be happier when you get away.
having had seven different roommate senarios before finally moving back home, i can relate. now i live at home with my soon to be husband - we have our own floor, huge bank accounts and someone who loves us and doesnt want to kill us/steal from us/ruin our lives while living with us. my mom is awesome.
BTW- where are you moving to?
OoD

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: im sorry people suck [Re: OracleOfDelphi]
    #6705733 - 03/24/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

I'm moving back to my dad's house. The room there is TINY compared to my new place but at this point I don't care. Hell, that's $450 more in my pocket every month too. Next time I move out it's going to be with the right people. I definitely don't fit in/don't want to fit into their lifestyle anymore.

I love me some weed but not THAT much. Time for me to find a friendlier dealer, possibly one with a real job on the side.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 08:22 AM)

OfflineLuNaTiX
Quarterback
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Newbie]
    #6705735 - 03/24/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

roomates can be a bitch

--------------------

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

#6705766 - 03/24/07 08:42 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

If you can, live with your parents until you inherit their house and other possessions while working and putting money into a brokerage account. Invest in closed end funds that invest in REITs, utilities, MLPs, Canadian oil and gas trusts, bonds and other dividend paying investments. Also get a Roth IRA. Quit drugs, wear a suit and tie and be respectable. You don't want to spend your life sharing a jail cell with Bubba and have your ass reamed out by him and the guards the rest of your life. Also, get your hair cut and go to church. Praise Jesus!

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6705986 - 03/24/07 10:39 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Assholes....it sounds like it's a good thing you're moving back home; people like that will just get you in trouble.

Ludddite.... :what: I really hope your joking dude.

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6706001 - 03/24/07 10:46 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

:lol:  I know.  I liked the advice all the way up to the jesus stuff.  I was hoping it would really work out but they're just the kind of people you can't reason with, or even have a legit conversation with.  The megalomaniac is 23 and the other is 19.  The 19 y/o follows the 23 y/o's orders like he's a lost fucking puppy, no mind of his own.  It's like I'm a human living among apes, excuse the cliché.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 10:50 AM)

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#6706040 - 03/24/07 11:05 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

hahahahaha

sounds like you were living in a bad Viva la BAM episode.

living with drug dealers is a bad idea. I had a roomie live with me in my uncle's rental house... I knew she smoked weed, but then she started selling it... then she started selling meth. There were constantly strangers at my house all hours of the night and one time my expensive watch was stolen from my own living room.

I kinda got caught up in everything and became a real pill head... my parents forced me to move back in with them, like my dad literally showed up one day with his truck and a trailer and loaded my stuff up.

a few months later a SWAT team raided the place...

you should move back to your dad's and save money for your own place...

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: StonedShroom]
    #6706056 - 03/24/07 11:09 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah I agree. The minute I got my job at best buy I moved out so I never really saw all the extra money (double pay than my previous jobs) and never got to enjoy it. It was like I was stuck with a dead end job, living at home, broke, to getting a job i love, living on my own, and still being broke.

OfflineStonedShroom
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

#6706075 - 03/24/07 11:16 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Man fuck best buy

I've applied there like 3 times for a second job and I never even got called back.

I'm like "OK, i havve 4 years experienced telecom account manager who manages orders/installs for T1s and above plus VoIP, and I'm not qualified to work at best buy?"

--------------------
We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #6706122 - 03/24/07 11:28 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

save some $$ get your own place or find a very trusting roomate or two and move out with them.
I had my share of asshole roomates in the past too.
But hey if you have to move back temporarily with your parents again make sure to move out with someone you trust, or just get your own place and invite only peeps you really trust to come over to your apartment.

Edited by skunk78395 (03/24/07 11:34 AM)

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Skunk420]
    #6706144 - 03/24/07 11:34 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah my best friend and I definitely need a place together. We get along perfect, and we're definitely more in synch that the assholes I'm living with. We're just waiting until the right financial situation before we make the move. I can't imagine how much more fun and rewarding it would be to have a roomate that works for a living.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 11:34 AM)

InvisibleSkunk420
 User Gallery

Loc: inside
    #6706164 - 03/24/07 11:40 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

sounds cool, hey you need to move out with someone you can trust, or you will have peroblems finanially or problems just like in your case.
But do what you are comfortable with, it is still your life, do what you want to.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: StonedShroom]
    #6706179 - 03/24/07 11:45 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

StonedShroom said:
Man fuck best buy

I've applied there like 3 times for a second job and I never even got called back.

I'm like "OK, i havve 4 years experienced telecom account manager who manages orders/installs for T1s and above plus VoIP, and I'm not qualified to work at best buy?"

Yeah, Best Buy seems to turn down people that are obviously qualified. VoidsPga (I forgot how to spell his name) has a degree in Computer Networking (I think he said that) and he couldn't get a job there. Fucking weird....maybe they make a habit of not hiring people that are overqualified, thus telling people which products they personally know are crap? I dunno

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Boom]
    #6706190 - 03/24/07 11:50 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

I squeezed in right before Black Friday so they needed me pretty bad.  I guess it's just a matter of where you're located. :shrug:  I'm proud to be on the Geek Squad and the way I see it is you follow their policies and you move up...bottom line.  Today I called out though.  I probably pissed them off but given the circumstances, I needed a "me" day to calm my nerves and plan my next move. 

I hate the corporate aspect of the company but I love my coworkers and even my managers.  I get treated how I treat everyone else and if I do my share I don't get shit, I just get compliments.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 11:50 AM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #6706194 - 03/24/07 11:52 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Sorry but you're moving out over a cracked door and some loud music? Sounds like average drunken roommates to me. :shrug:

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Shroomism]
    #6706212 - 03/24/07 11:59 AM (17 years, 28 days ago)

This move spawned from a deeper issue though. These people aren't right for me to live with. They have no respect for me whatsoever, he constantly bitches and tells me how to do everything. He'll throw money at me when I'm broke to go to the bar and shit and then the minute the fun is over he goes into loan shark mode and finds solace in the fact that I owe him. He speaks to me in a very condescending manner, like it's a privilege to live there with him.

I can't cook a meal without him breathing over my shoulder and trying to tell me what dishes to use and how to clean up.

We have two completely different lifestyles clashing here and this was the last of a long chain of events that led me to finally just say screw it and leave. His attitude disgusts me and my friends don't even want to come to my house, my OWN place that I'M paying for just because he lives there too. The fact that they delibrately kept me up all night, destroyed my door (and privacy for that matter), and antagonized the fuck out of me leads me to believe that this is a foreshadowing of events to come. I even heard him trying to buy someone into taking a SHIT on me while I was sleeping for one of his diamond rings.

I'm definitely making the right choice here, no doubt about it.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 12:36 PM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6706265 - 03/24/07 12:17 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Sorry but you're moving out over a cracked door and some loud music? Sounds like average drunken roommates to me. :shrug:

That's not "average drunken roommates". That's bullshit and disrespectful and he's making the right choice by moving out. If those assholes can't respect his privacy and keep their antics down at odd hours of the night, fuck 'em!

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: DNKYD]
    #6706271 - 03/24/07 12:19 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Yep.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleInnominate
Male

#6706296 - 03/24/07 12:25 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:

You act like you wouldn't be pissed off if someone kicked your door in at 2am.

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
    #6706319 - 03/24/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

The fact that they delibrately kept me up all night, destroyed my door (and privacy for that matter), and antagonized the fuck out of me leads me to believe that this is a foreshadowing of events to come. I even heard him trying buy someone into taking a SHIT on me while I was sleeping for one of his diamond rings.

One word;

karma.

--------------------

OfflineNewbie
User of semicolons.
Male User Gallery

Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: Dark_Star]
    #6706329 - 03/24/07 12:35 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

I know  :plot:  I just sometimes wonder if his actions are actually bad karma coming back around on me.  Karma is such a confusing thing.

Edited by Newbie (03/24/07 12:37 PM)

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6706330 - 03/24/07 12:36 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Don't worry yourself with karma, man. Just get your stuff and get on the road.

InvisibleBoom
just a tester
Male
Loc: Cypress Creek
    #6706394 - 03/24/07 01:07 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Yeah, fuck that, I'd be so pissed off living there.

OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rippin Waves
Re: I'm moving back home now. I've had it. [Re: DNKYD]
    #6706395 - 03/24/07 01:07 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Go onton Craigslist.com and look for roommates that like peaceful surroundings.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #6706400 - 03/24/07 01:09 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Well if that's the case then fuck em indeed.. I took it more as a drunken antics type thing

--------------------

OfflineCepheus
Balance
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the space between reality...
    #6706528 - 03/24/07 02:14 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Quote:

NewbieShroomie said:
I know  :plot:  I just sometimes wonder if his actions are actually bad karma coming back around on me.  Karma is such a confusing thing.

Yes.. it is. I'm being dealt a harsh hand lately.. life seems to be kicking my ass for being a pretentious asshole.. at least I'm seeing the error in my ways and mending whats wrong with my life... Be mindful of karma though.. make sure you learn your lesson here.. I bet you in a few months time you'll here of a raid or something going down at your old residence.

Assholes only get away with shit for so long (excuse that pun .. unintentional) :grin:

--------------------
"I only ever hope to reach equilibrium, in Nature's matrix, in line with the meridian" ~ Jehst

:sun: "...and I know that I have to keep breathing, as tomorrow the sun will rise, who knows what the tide will bring?" :sun:

Free Spore Ring Europe
Send any spare spore prints you might have and help the distribution :grin:

Open Source. Freedom.  GNU/Linux

Addicting is not a word.

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #6706666 - 03/24/07 03:00 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Good choice getting outta there before things get worse.  I was in a very similar situation a while back.  But I didn't move back in with my parents because I was too proud of my independence.  Then things got worse and worse.
The worst night:
My roommates decided to throw a small party the night before my landlord and the fire inspector were coming to check for code violations.
1) I nearly pulled a knife on my drunken rolling roommate to prevent him from raping a girl in our house.
2) A fight broke out at 2am ending with some bloodshed, but no cops/hospital.
3) A 5am coke deal turned into a robbery, roommate & friends chased thief in car, fought in the middle of the street, hid car in our garage while cops rolled up and down the street looking for them.
4) I had no part in the party, but took off work to clean house all morning, didn't finish before landlord showed up, but she was cool.
5) Two days later DEA raids house in the middle of my pressure cooking binge.  I'm arrested for possession of various drugs (all personal amounts, in my bedroom).  They came because my roommate was dealing to a narc.

Do not let this happen to you.
I now live by myself; expensive, but worth it after that experience.
Good luck with your future residences.  :sun:

--------------------

Edited by AuroricDistortions (03/24/07 03:08 PM)

OfflineJadian
Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: The desert
    #6706711 - 03/24/07 03:12 PM (17 years, 28 days ago)

Best way to ruin a friendship is to move in together.

Learn how people live before moving in with them. Just because your personalities match well together doesn't mean you'll be able to live together compatibly.

--------------------
LNC's official Alaskan stoner
:jackdaniels::drooling::jackdaniels:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order