Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Categorisation of drugs by harm - report
    #6702163 - 03/23/07 08:58 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As most of you are based in the U.S.A. I thought you probably won't be aware of a report that's just come out in the UK identifying levels of harm caused by a range of drugs, legal & illegal, and highlighting the disconnect between this & the drug schedules & penalties. It's quite interesting so I thought I'd bring it to your attention.
BBC article
Full report at the Lancet - login required

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleAnnapurna1
liberal pussy
Female User Gallery

Loc: innsmouth..MA
Re: Categorisation of drugs by harm - report [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6702766 - 03/23/07 01:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

its really quite simple ..in the US..drugs are categorized such as to maximize the capacity of big govt and big business to impose power...

Invisibletinyclanger
Stranger
Female

Loc: UK
Re: Categorisation of drugs by harm - report [Re: Annapurna1]
    #6702858 - 03/23/07 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There was going to be an overhaul of UK drugs law, but i think plans were scrapped when charles clarke resigned as home secretary..? does anyone know if anything's going to come of this recent study?

I guess one of the major obstacles to a complete overhaul is the huge embarrassment it would cause the authorities to recognise the complete inadequacy of the current classification system.

The downgrading of Cannabis from class B to C caused enough tension on its own, especially when a report linking it to psychosis in young people came out shortly afterwards - a lot of people were embarrassed and will probably be afraid to repeat the mistake...

InvisibleBlueDruid
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Categorisation of drugs by harm - report [Re: tinyclanger]
    #6712061 - 03/26/07 07:25 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

As this isn't a government commissioned report I doubt anything will directly come of this though we can but hope.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: Categorisation of drugs by harm - report [Re: BlueDruid]
    #6825002 - 04/23/07 11:14 PM (14 years, 18 days ago)

we can barely even hope, but we can talk about and share the information. I'm just glad it's been done and made news. in the words of schoolhouse rock, "knowledge is power!"

the original links no longer work:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5230006.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/5230006.stm

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules, CBD Edibles, CBD Oils, CBD Topicals

General Interest >> Political Discussion >> Drug Policy Reform