Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6698099 - 03/22/07 02:03 AM (17 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

MauiGanjaMonster said:
"Mushrooms containing ARSENIC??!! :lol:

That's the funniest thing I've heard in the past two weeks. Thanks for the laugh."

High levels of naturally occurring arsenic:The highest levels of arsenic are detected in seafood, poultry, meats (e.g., pork), mushrooms, salt, and grains. In general, naturally occurring arsenic is usually found in the pentavalent form, which is less toxic than the trivalent form which humans add to the environment. (Arsenate is the form most prevalent in nature.)

Your welcome.

Well I hope that they stop putting all that arsenic in my BRF and RYE...before I DIE! :tongue:

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheEnd
Strange Daze

Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: RoachMan]
    #6699229 - 03/22/07 12:47 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

I totally agree that this gives psychedelics a bad rep, I wasn't pretty dumb about the whole dosage thing, guess I just got too excited when I saw a couple ounces of shrooms in my room:crazy:. I also think it was ridiculously stupid of my friends to throw all the supplies out in the middle of...(get ready for this)...a state park....instead of just wrapping it up in plastic bags and throwing it in a dumpster. I could hardly believe it when they told me :whack: . They even tossed their bong and pipes. So sad... They got spooked when the cops told them to trash the stuff, cause they thought the cops were going to come back with a search warrant, but my friends didn't think about the fact that the cops already had gone through my whole room and took my scale and all the shrooms they found, plus my notes on the grow I was doing at the time. Luckily to say that they didn't come back, and no legal issues came from any of this. All in all, it was stupid on my part, and I'm lucky things turned out as well as they did.

--------------------

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: TheEnd]
    #6699478 - 03/22/07 02:33 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Fuck some stupid people sometimes... there is defenitly not enough arsenic in certain mushrooms to kill you but its enough to make you feel quezy and puke

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

#6699586 - 03/22/07 02:58 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

i dont know, I always have a valium with me, just incase my trip goes south, hasnt happened yet but I have given it to my friend before who jsut could not handle any more....

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #6699665 - 03/22/07 03:22 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

g2_93integra_boy said:
Do you think the 1g in the firecracker attributed a LOT to how I reacted to the effects, or was it most likely just all the shrooms, or both?

Most definitely both.

1 gram of weed is a big dose to eat - it will give strong psychedelic effects by itself. A *good* visual weed trip for me is typically eating half of that (or less).

And 40+ grams of (fresh) mushrooms, again, is one hell of a dose. I take about 30 grams to connect with God and the universe.

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather take my chances with the mushrooms than the weed, but to do both at once? That would just be insanity.

Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: TurricaN]
    #6700300 - 03/22/07 06:46 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

so your roommate called the police?

Why were they there, Why did he let them enter the apartment?

Did they see the grow supplies?

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6700360 - 03/22/07 07:03 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Thanks, this is the funniest thread I've read for years.

Your friend did you a favour throwing all your stuff away, stay clear of drugs and try knitting or cross stitch.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

InvisibleSYLBM
Mind ExpansionEnthusiast
Male

Loc: TX
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: TurricaN]
    #6700455 - 03/22/07 07:25 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

TurricaN said:
Quote:

g2_93integra_boy said:
Do you think the 1g in the firecracker attributed a LOT to how I reacted to the effects, or was it most likely just all the shrooms, or both?

Most definitely both.

1 gram of weed is a big dose to eat - it will give strong psychedelic effects by itself. A *good* visual weed trip for me is typically eating half of that (or less).

And 40+ grams of (fresh) mushrooms, again, is one hell of a dose. I take about 30 grams to connect with God and the universe.

If I had to make a choice, I'd rather take my chances with the mushrooms than the weed, but to do both at once? That would just be insanity.

1/2 gram of weed gives you visuals?

--------------------
"I like the FedEx driver because he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it." - Mitch Hedberg

InvisibleColonel Kurtz Ph.D
What What?
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shadow Moses
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6700480 - 03/22/07 07:32 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

AlteredAgain said:
well, it seems that you created this experience with a wrong mindset. the best you can do now is learn from it and avoid such a situation in the future.

IME it really helps to discuss what i like to call "trip values" prior to dosing with other people. that means, talk about the guidelines you want to set for yourself given the possible circumstances that could arise during the session. for example, i make it aware to my friends that 911 is not an option unless i have stopped breathing. i let it be known that if i spiral into a bad trip, i would prefer their loving support and attention to ground me back to reality rather than emergency personnel to assume i am dying. do you see what i am getting at?

communication is essential in group settings. :mushroom2:

:thumbup: Thanks, that's a great way to put it.

--------------------
:whatwhat:

There's no better way to rock out than with your cock out!!

Invisibleofficerfox
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: SYLBM]
    #6700498 - 03/22/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

thank you. Now I know what not to do. I've never heard of not mixing weed and shrooms. I've only halfway tripped once, but I've been there when my friends have tripped numerous times and they've always smoked when they've tripped. I'm curious, what effect does weed have on a trip?

And the comment that weed gives you visuals...um...no. That's definitely something I have experience in. I've eaten retarded amounts of pot with no visuals.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
    #6700554 - 03/22/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

You must have serious anger issues. You were annoyed by a girl crying?

Grow up before touching drugs again, and get friends that are not so retarded. They called the cops? Jesus christ.

Offlinemoosehead
poop deck
 User Gallery

Loc: pnw
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: officerfox]
    #6700557 - 03/22/07 07:49 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Moron. Pot can give you visuals. Get better pot.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6700616 - 03/22/07 08:00 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

MauiGanjaMonster said:

That's the funniest thing I've heard in the past two weeks. Thanks for the laugh."

High levels of naturally occurring arsenic:The highest levels of arsenic are detected in seafood, poultry, meats (e.g., pork), mushrooms, salt, and grains. In general, naturally occurring arsenic is usually found in the pentavalent form, which is less toxic than the trivalent form which humans add to the environment. (Arsenate is the form most prevalent in nature.)

Your welcome.

Send me a link with that info being relevant to psilocybin mushrooms and I'll be sucking your dick.  Only 88 species of mushroom contain ANY TRACE ( gotta love google) of arsenic and I have not found a shred of evidence to suggest that psilocybin mushrooms are included in that tally. 

Amanita's and many edible species ARE included, however. 

I agree.  Stupid people DO SUCK. 

*slurp*

so please, link me up with FACTs.  I wanna be in the know.

OfflineKinematics
coyote vision

Loc: Colorado
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: Hanky]
    #6700619 - 03/22/07 08:00 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
Thanks, this is the funniest thread I've read for years.

Your friend did you a favour throwing all your stuff away, stay clear of drugs and try knitting or cross stitch.

I agree with the above statements. There are also some anger issues you should touch base with before you decide to do things that open your emotions so easily with something such as mushrooms.

It is probably pretty awesome to see that many mushrooms but I would feel way better about it if I put them in a bag and hid them away, sneaking out a little bit at a time to stretch it out over a couple of years and with some good friends. :wink:

Peace, and it seems that you have learned for the better from this which is good. Respect the mushrooms and they will always be good to you. Taking them just to get messed up is disrespectful.

OfflineDeathCompany
Oneironaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in my head
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: officerfox]
    #6700645 - 03/22/07 08:08 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

officerfox said:
thank you. Now I know what not to do. I've never heard of not mixing weed and shrooms. I've only halfway tripped once, but I've been there when my friends have tripped numerous times and they've always smoked when they've tripped. I'm curious, what effect does weed have on a trip?

And the comment that weed gives you visuals...um...no. That's definitely something I have experience in. I've eaten retarded amounts of pot with no visuals.

I enjoy smoking weed with shrooms or any other psychedelic drug. It mostly brings on a rather intense mind fuck and intensify visuals. Nothing dangerous about ti unless your inexperienced and not expecting anything to happen. And half a gram of weed edibles will most definitely give me visuals.

--------------------

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #6700675 - 03/22/07 08:17 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

MauiGanjaMonster said:

Your welcome.

The thing you're forgetting here is that these weren't naturally occuring mushrooms.  He grew them.  I'm certain that if your above post is true, it's because they were absorbed from their environment.  I seriously doubt that whatever cake material he used contained enough arsenic to be then absorbed by the mushrooms and make him nauseous.  Rather, it was the combination of weed and mushrooms.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #6700701 - 03/22/07 08:24 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

HagbardCeline said:
Quote:

MauiGanjaMonster said:

Your welcome.

The thing you're forgetting here is that these weren't naturally occuring mushrooms.  He grew them.  I'm certain that if your above post is true, it's because they were absorbed from their environment.  I seriously doubt that whatever cake material he used contained enough arsenic to be then absorbed by the mushrooms and make him nauseous.  Rather, it was the combination of weed and mushrooms.

Freaking out is also known to make people sick on mushrooms.  Good points, Hagbard.

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
    #6702091 - 03/23/07 06:20 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

this story should reinforce the idea that pyschedlic drugs arent for everyone. if this kid had done some research and used a little common sense most of the entire episode coould've been avoided.

hey brah maybe just stick to the weed and maybe morning glory seeds or something haha

--------------------

Invisibleofficerfox
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Loc: Florida, USA
Re: OD'd on shrooms awhile back, need your input. [Re: Audi0]
    #6702500 - 03/23/07 09:17 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

wtf...
is it possible for someone to not be able to trip. I've eaten a whole feast made of pot. My favorite is pot butter 'cuz you can eat it on just about anything, but I've never seen visuals and I've eaten a whole eighth of shrooms before with no visuals. One time, the walls looked like they were breathing at me for a few minutes and that was it. I think I ate an eighth and then 3 caps after that just to see the walls breath for those few minutes. I know it's not crappy shit b/c my friends ate the same stuff and they were trippin balls. What am I doing wrong?

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
    #6702624 - 03/23/07 10:31 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

The weed probably did attribute to some of your experience but I'd say most of it was just too many mushrooms, or just a bad setting.

What you should have done was told your peers that one cannot OD on mushrooms. There are Erowid reports of people taking 1/2oz - 1oz dry. They won't make you stop breathing, they won't kill you, they will do nothing more than make you very confused. You should of had a sedative to knock you out just in case, and at worst, your friend should have just strapped you down and taped your mouth shut so you don't scream.

When you're experiencing a mindfuck, you should definitely try changing the scene. I know it's hard to just turn the lights on or off when you're tripping, but you just have to change the scene. Your friends should have just calmed you down and told you everything will be OK in a few hours. So what if you're sticking your tongue out? On very high doses I sometimes lick my lips or fingers or try out different things because they feel alien to me.

At least have some N2O. This can really turn a trip around, and you should definitely print out the Crisis FAQ and jot down some notes for your sitters before you trip. "No matter what I say, NO POLICE, NO HOSPITAL" "Worst case: Just tie me down" etc..

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures