Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJazzCatCF
Teo-nanacatl
Male

Loc: here today gone tommorow
Re: Let go of your anger [Re: Sandinista]
    #6699837 - 03/22/07 04:16 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Hey sandinista,this isnt somethin you need shrooms for.Man up dude,Tell youre friend to quit fuckin with ya and that youve warned him and if he does it again you will hit him,and when he laughs like youre a joke punch him in the face,Dont kick his ass,hes still a friend.Its amazing how a little violence will change a persons mind about you.Im no badass but I take no disrespect.And even if you get beat up youll still have respect,and if they dont like you anymore you dont needem anyway.

--------------------
"There is a world beyond ours, a world that is far away, nearby, and invisible. And there it is where God lives, where the dead live, the spirits and the saints, a world where everything has already happened and everything is known. That world talks. It has a language of its own. I report what it says. The sacred mushroom takes me by the hand and brings me to the world where everything is known. It is they, the sacred mushrooms, that speak in a way I can understand. I ask them and they answer me. When I return from the trip that I have taken with them, I tell what they have told me and what they have shown me."

The Mazatec Wise Woman, Maria Sabina (1894-1985)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Let go of your anger [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #6700154 - 03/22/07 05:58 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Your friend sounds like a real dick in all honesty.

I can understand a friendly ribbing.
I had a VERY similare situation with my best friend.
He made a new friend,(hung out with and used some guy we dont really like), and then ended up being very close to this guy.
Then to impress my friend this kid would try to fuck with me because im a nice guy who really doesnt even get off on that kind of humor. (Im also an easy target because Im pretty fucking unique and dont converse like normal people)
This kid was about half as smart as my best friend and I, but he really did start to annoy me, because prior to becoming close with my friend he was kissing my ass, which I actually prefered.
Anyways I actually somehow start getting closer to this guy. When ever we were around my best friend though, he would take on this whole new personality. (A show off)
So eventually I started giving him a taste of his own nasty sense of humor and standoffish attitude with my own brand of humor, which isnt exactly the kind of thing you can shake off.
He eventually stopped all of a sudden one day. This is because the day before I called him out every time he would try to "fuck with me"(which never worked) I would come at him using good smart humor. After one upping him or just not reacting most of the time for months.

He actually learned alot from me calling him out AND making it funny(even though I would prefer not to have ever went through this with him). It was very childish.
I can atleast relate to him now that he has been exposed to what real humor is about(understanding how and why people laughed so much harder when id come back at him friendly as ever but with serious undertones of truthy humor).
--------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, if this guy honestly acts this way when you guys are together alone you have more of a problem on your hands.

With some nasty people and supposed friends out there, you actually have to win their respect.
You know there is something wrong with someone if the only way you can do that is to give them a taste of their own medicine.

This doesnt sound like gentle ribbing. This sounds like this dude has been grooming you for years.
Mushrooms can possibly help you to realize whats important, and things that are obvious but hidden to you. Such as the fact that, to anyone who reads this, his "ribbing" has turned into standoffishness, assholishness and denial of your situation at your expense.

Like on psychedelics, sometimes you just need to let go. That might mean realize that you are obviously above this and you shouldnt allow him to hurt you, or you can let go by flowing with people like him and using your own brand of humor to one up these types of people.
A person only gets good at really tearing a snide little shit a new one by forgetting that you somehow care.
That wont win you respect from smart people who care about you because you wont have to deal with that. It will win you respect from total jerk offs.

PS----- I really dislike those kind of people. There is more to humor than slipping on a banana. Its hardly even funny when someone pretends you slipped on a banana, which im guessing this is all about. A lack of respect.

Edited by yageman (03/22/07 06:04 PM)

OfflineHoss
Stranger
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Let go of your anger [Re: JazzCatCF]
    #6700171 - 03/22/07 06:02 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

You definitely don't need to be relying on a mushroom trip to sort this out for you.

Start by working this out sober... without any 'help'. You'd be a much stonger person for doing that.

And don't wory... it's not YOU.

You arn't being too touchy about anything.

The problem is specifically that you have grown up, and your friends havn't. They are still high schoolers (mentally). That's why this kind of shit would entertain them.

If they were your good friends, they wouldn't keep fucking with you even after you have talked to them a couple times. They obviously don't have very much respect for you. Plain and simple.

Have you ever thought that maybe they were your good/close friends, but you weren't one of their good/close friends?

I know someone who just recently went through the SAME shit you did.

Some people just take alot longer to grow up.

If I were you, I would try associating with other people... outside of the group. You may find some really good people that are your age both physically and mentally.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: Let go of your anger [Re: Hoss]
    #6700203 - 03/22/07 06:15 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Quote:

Hoss said:

And don't wory... it's not YOU.

You arn't being too touchy about anything.

The problem is specifically that you have grown up, and your friends havn't. They are still high schoolers (mentally). That's why this kind of shit would entertain them.

Its true.

I remember highschool. That is exactly how alot of kids entertain themselves. Sex, drugs, egomaniacal feelings of grandure at others expense, disrespecting grownups.

The kids who have not been experiencing power get over the megalomania stage very quickly.

It should give you a source of power knowing that you are above that and they are not as unfair and paradoxical as that as it may seem. Just another reason to have more self confidence.

Your all good man. Your in a good place.
Be weird. There aint nothin better.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

OfflineSandinista
Stranger
Re: Let go of your anger [Re: yageman]
    #6701980 - 03/23/07 04:17 AM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Well, great advice all you guys, thanks.

To tell you the truth, i only brought shrooming up cause me and my new roommate are gonna do a trip this weekend. I was just really drunk and decided to pour out some feelings on the only message board i belong to. and yea, like i said, we're patching things up, but ive lost pretty much all respect for him and were definitely not as close. certainaly not "best friends" like we used to. oh well, this shit happens. I've just had really good luck with this stuff in the past, i didnt know how to deal with big problems like this. Well i guess im a little bit older and wiser then.

but yes, thanks all you guys. much wisom here, haha

OfflineQuake3
Total Carbohydrate
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Relatively New York
Re: Long-ass story inside, but I need to get it off my chest [Re: Sandinista]
    #6703089 - 03/23/07 01:22 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

You've brought this on yourself. Keep these in mind: Don't depend on anyone. Friends come and go. Why are you hanging around friends who fuck with you anyway? What kind of a group of friends fuck with each other that bad anyway? My friends and I used to when we were children and now it only happens if my friends are drunk (excusable).

You shouldn't take shit from anyone. Give them warnings and if that doesn't work, then show them your serious. There was a kid in my JHS who made fun of me for years. It wasn't anything serious and I know he was fucking around, but deep down he annoyed the shit out of me. Once I stood up and he came behind me and said 'move!' and I just turned around and punched him in the face. It wasn't hard and left no mark, but he was shocked and he just walked out of the class and started crying. I still bad about it and I'm a friendly person who generally takes shit from people.

You don't need these 'friends.' Just stop hanging out with them. If your other friends want them to come along, then decline going saying that if Joe is going, you're not. Why do you feel betrayed?

If these people ask you to hang out, say "No." If they ask why, just say: "because you're annoying. You're a waste of time." Don't create stress for no reason. You don't need anyone, let alone them. You don't need a psychologist.

Offlinewillo
Male User Gallery

Loc: 106
Re: Long-ass story inside, but I need to get it off my chest [Re: Quake3]
    #6703455 - 03/23/07 02:57 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

Sandinista,I'm 23 now and in the last 5-6 years I never had your problem,but when I was 15 I was in a similar situation:my 3 best friends started taking the piss for my weird ideas,the fact is before thet tolerated and were fascinated of what I had to say and when we became part of a larger group of friends they started to talk 80% about girls,20% about engines and cars,and I preferred other "hippy" stuff,so gradually they would make fun of anything I said,just because I was being an uncool character in their little sad plot...now,thet had been my best friends for many years (at least one) and I was really depressed and often told them,they would apologize by saying the same things your friends said (well I hope I understood your situation),that thay couldn't help it because I was funny...
well to tell you the truth I was so depressed I felt really bad and one day I took a decision and told them:I don't wanna see you so often becasue you're dicks to treat me like that. They were quite surprised and kept on apologising for a while.
After about a month (in the mean time became friend of another class-mate and his stoner friends and actually began to have really good connections for stuff) I started to thin k that maybe I had over rated the whole thing and felt it was strange to turn my back to my friends and tried to go back going out with them,but after trying one thing had changed:I wasn't getting hit by their comments anymore and actually hated to be around them,started to see clearly what their stupid priority were, so basically told them to fuck off that they were acting stupid and I couldn't forget how they ruined those 2 years of school for me.In the end one of these guys,my best friend actually,let me know he was very sorry that we weren't friends anymore and we agreed to keep in touch and go out once every now and then.
I never want to see him anymore,it's like we grew quite different people,but now after some years it's nice to go out for a beer once in a while,and now I laugh of his playboy attitude and he laughs of my lazyness...
So don't let them ruin your good times and get some new friends because when they will understand or stop being the dicks they are being now,you will meet again and things will look much different

Offlinewillo
Male User Gallery

Loc: 106
Re: Long-ass story inside, but I need to get it off my chest [Re: willo]
    #6703464 - 03/23/07 03:00 PM (17 years, 9 days ago)

fuck my spelling tonight is horrendous...wine and pain killers blurrin my vision...weeee!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies