Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePrellgott
addict
Re: shroomery please help...
    #66873 - 11/28/99 11:47 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

sounds like a contamination...
try a sporesyringe and pf innoculation or S.W tek its easier than agar...
good luck

--------------------
i'm back

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: shroomery please help... [Re: Prellgott]
    #66875 - 11/28/99 11:58 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for the compliments, we would help you anyway, yeah it does sound like contamination. if you are a newbie, stick with the PF tek.

------------------
Peace
Blue

Anonymous

#66876 - 11/29/99 08:07 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

thanks again
i checked out the SW tek and it sounds simple and effective but what i originaly wantd to know is there an easy way to get an innoculation syringe from agar plates and how thick is too thick?
Klone

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
    #66877 - 11/30/99 01:13 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Nothing is too thick. The mycelium just grows on the top, so it doesn't really matter how deep the agar is. Thinner doesn't waste as much agar, however. The best way that I have found for making syringes of agar mycelium is like this. Get a half pint jar (regular mouth). Use the band that came with it, but instead of the dome, use the blade assymbly and gasket from a cheap blender. If you don't have a blender, walmart carries cheap blade assymblies that fit perfectly under a reg mouth band. Put in a little more water than you will need for your syringes, and steam or pressure cook for about 30 min. In a glove box, or a very very very sterile room, open the agar, and transfer just the mycelium (it should peel off easily) to the blender bladed jar and seal. Now, some people use 2 or 3 two second bursts on a blender, but I just shake like hell for a minute or two. I think shaking leaves better sized fragments. This solution can be sucked into sterile syringes and used like spore syringes, but it's better.

This is the basics, I assumed a familiarity with standard sterile procedure. If you don't know about standard sterile technique, you have some reading to do anyway.

Good luck.

Oh yeah, I grow agar in wide mouth 1/2 pts. 1 jar is what I use to make 30-60 ccs of solution. YMMV

------------------
-From a registered Mad Scientist

"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obiwan Kenobi (also a Mad Scientist tm)

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

Anonymous

#66878 - 12/02/99 05:55 PM (24 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for eveyone's help
starting liquid culture tonight
wish me luck
also...
Does anyone have proof of the honey water tek and how it is done?

------------------
"I'm psychedelic this time coming rainbow,
Look at the green lights and yall see my brain glow,
five colors; yellow, black, red, green, and purple"
--Dr. Octagonecologyst

Anonymous

#66879 - 12/03/99 01:41 AM (24 years, 3 months ago)

never head of the honey water tech, the liquid malt tech works pretty well, if you use an erylmeyer flash or a beer bottle

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures