Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Loc: Much love to you all
California Medical Marijuana *DELETED*
    #6683970 - 03/18/07 02:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by uber_aj

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: uber_aj]
    #6683973 - 03/18/07 02:53 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Are the "clubs" anything like they were depicted on the show Weeds?

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Re: California Medical Marijuana *DELETED* [Re: it stars saddam]
    #6683984 - 03/18/07 02:55 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by uber_aj

Invisibleit stars saddam
Satan

Loc: Spahn Ranch
    #6683988 - 03/18/07 02:56 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

They make it look pretty sweet.

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#6684186 - 03/18/07 04:01 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I've heard club prices are generally higher than street prices, is this normally the case? how much higher are they?
Depending on which club you go to, they could have anywhere between 1 and 50 strains (really) to choose from. The strains are usually divided into different tiers of price/potency/quality, and the usual range is $35/eighths for low or mid-grade buds to $80/eighth for brand-name Kushes (OG Kush, Pure Kush, etc.)

I've seen prices lower and prices higher than this, but that's the usual range. The most COMMONLY bought high-grade medical bud at the good clubs sell for $55-65 an eighth. You'll find Alaskan Thunderfuck, Snowcap, Ogre, Sour Diesel, NYC Diesel, White Widow, and many other well-known strains in this tier.

I can't say that club prices are invariably higher than the street, especially in LA, but do remember that most of these so-called "medical clubs" are really ex-dealers who wanted to get legal to save their asses while still making hella money.

When you go into these places, do most of them ask for ID/med records?

every single one of them, although some to different extents. you MUST have a written, original copy of the doctor's recommendation to usually walk in a club or get past the front door. then they usually call up the doctor to verify your eligibility and look at the "expiration date" on the license to make sure you're still good (expiration is always one year exactly after the license is issued).

once all that is good, they have you sign multiple papers that they always have on file, and in addition many places make a copy of your ID and have your SS# on file. also also, many places will swipe your ID every time you go in. basically, they have your whole life on file at every club you go to. I remember reading that the last raid done on West Hollywood Caregiver's Clinic didn't grab any buds ... they ONLY took patient records. that's food for thought.

I've seen videos where the customers lit up inside the clinics, is this normal?
not really. I've done it, but only when I worked at a small-scale club. I imagine it falls under the same category of "driving while intoxicated" to release patients to the public who just hit massive bong snaps ... at hospitals, they won't release you if they give you IV's of benzos or opiates until somebody arrives to drive you ... legally they'd be fucked otherwise.

Are the clinics just in Commercial strip-offices, or are they normally stand-alone businesses?
You can find medical clubs of all different kinds in all different places, from the slums to expensive, high-quality strip malls ... some have their own buildings entirely.

For any entrepreneurs on here, have you ever considered starting one up, and if so, what stopped you? From my understanding, all you need is to be listed a primary care-giver. is that only for one person, or everyone who buys form your clinic?
I would never get myself tangled up in the medical weed world business-wise, and no longer even carry a license (by choice), but from how many clubs have started, it shouldn't be that hard. To have a CLUB is different than to be a CAREGIVER, and there is a lot you probably have to do, much registration and documentation and such to start up a business. Honestly, unless you're in it for the long haul, you're best off remaining a customer. But don't let me stop you!

Just make sure you pay your taxes and don't roll in the dough ... the only clubs that seem to get raided are shady ones with the dealer-mentality who try to get away with tax evasion and selling buds for $100/eighth ... fuck them anyway.

It seems to me that this is a ridiculous loop-hole for profiteering
basically. I find the whole "medical weed" thing to be a sham, after having spent years going to clubs and seeing the people who go and such. there ARE many legit patients, but the entire system itself, along with +80% of people involved, is straight shady. this is why I no longer get involved ... I'd rather get busted by a cop for a $20 dub than have my name and records of ALL the eighths I've bought floating in random file cabinets by stoners who wanted to make extra cash.

Invisibleuber_aj
Goodbye Shroomery!
Male

Re: California Medical Marijuana *DELETED* [Re: HB]
    #6684348 - 03/18/07 04:49 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by uber_aj

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#6684405 - 03/18/07 05:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I have no experience in the business of weed itself, so I couldn't give you particulars on necessary documentation and such for running a club ... I'm sure with a little extended work on your part you could find out what you need to do without too much trouble ...

the MAIN thing you will want to focus on is finances.  you will need (usually) more than one security guard, on guard, from before opening until after closing (which generally also means multiple shifts, for even more security guards).  you will need surveillance video on 24 hours a day, as well.  and of course, you need the main employees to sell the product.  truly, finding people who smoke weed to sell your weed is easier than ... anything ... but, to find "quality stoners" who know a lot about weed and your various strains and are polite and helpful and not overly stoned all day is not AS easy ... but still reasonable.  almost anybody would want to work for a weed clinic if given the chance :wink:

you'll need a building or space with at least one room for "reception/patient eligibility or verification/waiting room" (this is usually 2-3 rooms) in between the front door and the actual room that sells the product ... this creates an environment of safety for you and your customers.  you'll also need at least one more room which is where you will stock the product (you DON'T want anybody in direct vicinity of your many, many, expensive oz's or lb's of weed ...) ... and then you will, of course, have your main showfloor, where your employees will do the actual selling behind glass counters and such.

you will need to find vendors who put out quality buds at consistent rates so that you never find yourself under- or over-stocked ...

basically it's like any other place of business, except with more restrictions and more need for security, like a pharmacy.  the initial investment will likely set you back quite a bit, so you should make sure it's an investment you're willing to deal with in full.

good luck.

OfflineMarleryCatooOO
Attained Insight
Male User Gallery

Loc: California, U.S.
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: HB]
    #6684820 - 03/18/07 07:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I go with my bro sometimes to pick up on special occasions. i dont know how to actually get a liscence in one, im just too lazy. But for the most part, its a great thing and weed is fucking bomb.

--------------------
:yinyang: *Good Vibes* :yinyang:

InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter

Loc: TX - USA
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: MarleryCatooOO]
    #6684865 - 03/18/07 07:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Simple. You go in, pay $200 to the doctor, tell him you have headaches and insomnia - and you get a card that lasts for one year.

With this card, you can grow and buy.

You need this card to buy clones or brownies or cookies, or just a sack of weed. An 1/8 is usually $40-$50, though. Not great if you ask me.

After mine expired, I didn't want to pay the $200 again. Besides, I get zips for $225 anyway, so I'm good to go.

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #6684879 - 03/18/07 07:41 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I wish medical marijuana was legal in minnesota...back in the day when I had cancer it would have been nice to just be able to go to a clinic and pick my shit up rather then call up people, good thing about it though was my mom was paying for my weed cuz it helped with the nausea so much, marijuana does have a lot of uses besides recreational ones.

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: apfrommsp]
    #6685017 - 03/18/07 08:10 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Would Medicare or Medicaid pick it up?

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlineapfrommsp
Just a box ofrain

Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: Brainiac]
    #6685156 - 03/18/07 08:52 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

thats a good question

--------------------
"It's a joke. Greed and the desire to take drugs are two separate things. If you want to separate the two, the thing you do is make drugs legal. Accept the reality that people do want to change their consciousness, and make an effort to make safer, healthier drugs."

Offlinerazmablues
Biologist
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: OrangeCounty
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: apfrommsp]
    #6685212 - 03/18/07 09:06 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

god having a cannabis card would make life so much easier..

--------------------
soft silly music is meaningful, magical :heartpump:

InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter

Loc: TX - USA
Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: razmablues]
    #6685405 - 03/18/07 10:08 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

No, medicare won't do it. Neither will blue cross or any other insurance.

And what's the big deal, guys? How is a card going to help you that much?

Like I said, I hook up for cheaper on my own. And you can always grow it and say fuck you to money.

OfflineMuppet Happy Birthday!
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #6685418 - 03/18/07 10:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

Re: California Medical Marijuana [Re: Muppet]
    #6685835 - 03/19/07 12:45 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

that was the Blue Dot ...

a heavenly bud, indeed :bongload:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules