Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

proposal for the change and betterment of society
    #6685816 - 03/19/07 12:37 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

If you have read some of my other posts maybe you will understand what I am getting at and what I think about way too much. Basically I am sick of the world in its current state and it needs to change. Too many people are way too used to being helpless and unable to do anything to actually better the world; I am pretty sure this came with the increase coke/heroin/meth/opiates turning the nation from a egoless nation to a egocentric nation in the 80s. Drugs really do shape the world, but now they are demonized, we cant just go back to doing a ton of acid and mushrooms to get people to understand change can happen, like it did in the 60s. What we need is a new way to show change, this is where my idea comes in.

Our nation is on the brink of this cataclysmic change, and unless anything happens soon, this is going to be a disgusting life for all of us. Protest today doesnt work, they just look like lunatics... and its true PETA isnt doing anything, no ones really making a difference. The nation is way too big to notice these stupid protests, and most are just laughed off as fanatics. Fanaticism doesnt hold well in this country. We need an organized, intelligent way to show the nation that change is possible. And here is how i propose we do it:
We get tons of people to spread the word that everyone stops buying milk for 2 months, or something like that. People dont understand how doing something as little as not buying milk for 2 months can change the economy, it would be noticed. We would probably have to think it through and get something better than milk, but this is the basic idea. We keep doing this with different things, like everyone goes to the bank and takes $200 out in nickels. oh my god, nickel shortage. In a year or so people would say "Don't you remember when we used to have nickels, wern't they weird." These little changes would affect our nation and people would start to really understand, "Hey, If we work together, we really can get stuff done." So we just keep doing this, messing around with the mainstream society untill one day maybe it gets big enough to the point where we just say "Hey, guess what, we dont want to pay taxes this year." What is the government going to do if half the nation doesnt pay taxes? Wet its pants. I am not insisting we all stop paying our taxes, but I say we give it a shot and try and organize something like this. We cant live like this forever. Do you guys understand what I am getting at? What do you think? And if you are just going to say "LOL that'll never happen" have fun living your life like this forever. I say we should find away to give this a chance.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: smoke40s]
    #6685826 - 03/19/07 12:41 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Let the chaos begin.

I say we short the nation of two dollar bills though.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Invisibleblewmeanie
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Wasteland]
    #6685846 - 03/19/07 12:47 AM (17 years, 15 days ago)

Join Operation Mindfuck

--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

OfflineChrisped
Say What?

Loc: Australia
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: blewmeanie]
    #6686143 - 03/19/07 03:22 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Hmmm... my 2 cents worth.

1/ Rebellion is great but someone always gets shafted (i.e dairy farmers, etc)

2/ You, Me and everyone else is pretty well caught inside a system which by it's very nature is totally inescapable (i.e human condidion)

3/ The reason it's so is because the world is driven mostly by greed, lust for power and the drive to reproduce - Let us all protect the species while we are eating ourselves out of house and home and f***ing each other over at the same time.

4/ Battles may be won, but we all end up in the same place in the end.

So... try to go through life being as kind as you can to your fellow travellers and give the politicians the finger if you get a chance.

Hey... those Hippies were right after all!

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6686282 - 03/19/07 05:52 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

This has been attempted before..I know there have been a number of the last few years, all that comes to mind is the Exxon Mobile ban that some people were talking about for a while. Can't get enough people involved, can't get enough people to remain involved (not when those gas prices, or whatever, start dropping), etc. And if you think about it is protesting.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: elbisivni]
    #6686596 - 03/19/07 10:27 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Creating a self sufficient counterculture would be a lot more effective. Form food co-ops, whereby you buy all your food together with 20-50 other people from a wholesaler. If you have the skills, time and money needed, buy some land and form a commune there. Rob the hell out of major supermarkets on a daily basis. Grow weed and sell it, use the money to buy acid and dose the water coolers in office buildings. You can cause a lot of mayhem fairly easily.

Protesting does work. The effects aren't usually visible at the time, but it has an impact. During the Vietnam conflict, going to war with Cambodia and the use of nuclear warheads was decided against because of the "Anti-war menace" or whatever it was Nixon called it. The first step is breaking out of a situation, most of the confines of which are economic, whereby you have to work longer and harder than what you earn from it warrants to make someone higher up the hierarchy than you a lot of money. Eliminating needless expenses to reduce the amount of time you have to work to maintain your lifestyle is a good way to start. Anything major must be done in groups, or by millionaires. Buy a ranch with a group of friends willing to drop out with you, or just group together in an urban commune to create a lifestyle with as much freedom and as little materialism as possible. Demonstrate to people that there is a way of living other than slaving away for promotions to try and buy that widescreen television that you MUST HAVE because a billboard said so. I think a celebration of an alternative lifestyle is more effective than protests. A protest implies that you have demands, which can easily be pushed aside, lied about or ignored by politicians. If, however, you are to break out of the system and form a commune or some such, you can live freedom and peace rather than sitting behind a barricade shouting about them. Break out the prison that is society and if they should come and try to re-capture you, fight back by any means necessary.

If you're really angry, though, feel free to rob banks, blow up petrol stations, raid animal testing labs and dose reservoirs with huge quantities of LSD.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: EllisDSox]
    #6686817 - 03/19/07 12:05 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

It isnt going to be a random boycott, we are going to do some research of things, give reasons why and then give alternatives to that thing.

Drugging people isnt the answer, drugs are too much taboo.
the internet is our LSD, its pretty much the best way we have to get people to see the bigger picture. its pretty much the only legal altered state that people accept. we have to stop using it get high, and start using it for something better.

--------------------

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
    #6686881 - 03/19/07 12:32 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I think what needs done is that those who have a problem with our current situation need to start ignoring laws that make no sense. If enough people join together and nonviolently resist unjust laws then things will have to change.

Now, how can we do this? Stage large protests, perhaps the easiest law to break would be smoking marijuana. So get together, smoke marijuana in public, and when the cops are called, refuse arrest. Make them make fools of themselves, and if it takes getting injured by them then that would help even more. Call your campus news crew, try to stay away from local news, as normally the bias held with them is ridiculous, but if you have a large enough group a network like CNN could spread the message, and hopefully get more people doing it. Start a movement, end tyrrany, promote peace, but do not do so with violence and ignorace.

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
    #6686893 - 03/19/07 12:35 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I'm with you on this. The REAL criminals are the so called elite. Blue collar crimes go unnoticed, while johnny pot smoker goes to jail for smoking a doob. But how do we get back at them? People are afraid to revolt or do anything about it because they just want to ignore the problems with our country and continue to watch the propaganda machine. I agree, it's hard to throw down a comfortable life style and fight for what you believe in. And it's a lot easier to just sit back and let someone else do it. Do we want to be known as the generation that did nothing to stop these criminals? Much like the population of germany did nothing when Hitler was in power. I sure as hell don't want to be like that. In a hundred years we'll just look like a bunch of stoned idiots who did nothing to better our world. Even though we all know it's completely fucked. So yeah, I'm with you on this, I think it is our duty to do something.

Offlineslamdunk
MexicanGang-Banger
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: xFrockx]
    #6686898 - 03/19/07 12:38 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:
I think what needs done is that those who have a problem with our current situation need to start ignoring laws that make no sense. If enough people join together and nonviolently resist unjust laws then things will have to change.

Now, how can we do this? Stage large protests, perhaps the easiest law to break would be smoking marijuana. So get together, smoke marijuana in public, and when the cops are called, refuse arrest. Make them make fools of themselves, and if it takes getting injured by them then that would help even more. Call your campus news crew, try to stay away from local news, as normally the bias held with them is ridiculous, but if you have a large enough group a network like CNN could spread the message, and hopefully get more people doing it. Start a movement, end tyrrany, promote peace, but do not do so with violence and ignorace.

I like your idea. Let's all smoke pot in public, if enough people were to something like that then they wouldn't be able to ignore us anymore. I mean, do you think they would throw all of us in prison? If there were enough people then what the hell could they do?

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: slamdunk]
    #6686908 - 03/19/07 12:40 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

They surely could put us all in jail, but as long as we are all mature and "professional" for lack of a better word, people would take notice if we were mistreated by police. Gone are the days of riotous protest, up with Ghandi, down with PETA.

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

Loc: Solar Circuit
    #6686920 - 03/19/07 12:43 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

The world can only be turned right side up by the conscious collective activity of those who construct a theory of why it is upside down. Spontaneous rebellion alone is not sufficient. Without adequate advance preparation, the old world will simply reappear after any rebellion, embedded as it is in the psyches of the fabled "people." An authentic revolution can only occur if there is a coherent and practical mass movement of self-conscious individuals in which all of the mystifications of the past are being consciously swept away.

keep this thread going. :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Loc: U.S. Midwest
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6686929 - 03/19/07 12:45 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I'm ready.

--------------------
Soon you will see. All of your fears will pass away.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
    #6686957 - 03/19/07 12:55 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

first of you need to know what you are protesting against and want to change. your post is just giving examples of what we could do. you say we should boycott milk or nickles. what, if any, is the point to doing this?

the counterculture of the late 60's and early 70's was based on free love, drug use, and peace. for the most part they didn't accomplish anything.

this country does know that protest can change the way our government does things. ie the civil rights movement which was extremely successful in the end but it took years of protesting and bad press coverage by the media but eventually they won over public support and were able to effect change.

the first couple of iraq war protests were looked at as radical leftist who want to destroy america. that was in 2003 and pre war. today there are war protests that are actually getting things done. ie democrates winning overwhelmingly in midterms last year.

then you do not adress the fact that every single american who goes to public school learns about the power of protest by spending at least a month, usually february learning about the civil rights movement in basically ever grade from 1-12.

you want a revolution but you don't know what against or what you want the out come to look like. you will always fail because you have no gameplan. simple as that.

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#6687004 - 03/19/07 01:09 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

xFrockx said:

best idea i've ever heard on shroomery. if we could organize some sort of sit-in at a state capital with a couple of hundred people and they all started smoking pot at the same time the police wouldn't have enough space to put them in jails. they are already overcrowded.

the first key would be keeping this out of the eye of the police until everyone had a joint ready to pull out and light at the same time. perhaps 4:20 on the 4th of july???

the second key though is getting hundreds of people to join this. not just hippies, people like to watch them get hurt and arrested. but getting your run of the mill college smoker and people who just think it should be legal, even if they don't smoke need to be there to support the legalization. cancer patients, hiv victims etc who need medical weed to ease their pain need to be out there too, they would be incredibly helpful and persuasive if the media covers such an event.

finally resisting arrest is a bad idea. being peaceful will show support for our values. being aggresive is what the cops will be doing. but you know what? if images of peaceful protestors sitting around smoking weed, not harming anyone, were on the news and then cops started cracking heads. guess what, we just won the PR war and changed minds.

--------------------
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6687050 - 03/19/07 01:18 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I'll wear my AP suit to that event

--------------------

OfflinePhonerothyme
Audiomancer
Male

#6687140 - 03/19/07 01:34 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

The cannabis sit-in in DC on July 4 is an amazing idea. The biggest issue would be making sure everyone knows to stay peaceful when the infantile asshole cops bust in.

--------------------
http://erothyme.net

Edited by Phonerothyme (03/19/07 01:34 PM)

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Phonerothyme]
    #6687158 - 03/19/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

it would be awfully difficult to keep officials from getting in on the whole plan though..

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

#6687173 - 03/19/07 01:40 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
Quote:

xFrockx said:
I think what needs done is that those who have a problem with our current situation need to start ignoring laws that make no sense.  If enough people join together and nonviolently resist unjust laws then things will have to change. 

Now, how can we do this?  Stage large protests, perhaps the easiest law to break would be smoking marijuana.  So get together, smoke marijuana in public, and when the cops are called, refuse arrest.  Make them make fools of themselves, and if it takes getting injured by them then that would help even more.  Call your campus news crew, try to stay away from local news, as normally the bias held with them is ridiculous, but if you have a large enough group a network like CNN could spread the message, and hopefully get more people doing it.  Start a movement, end tyrrany, promote peace, but do not do so with violence and ignorace.

best idea i've ever heard on shroomery. if we could organize some sort of sit-in at a state capital with a couple of hundred people and they all started smoking pot at the same time the police wouldn't have enough space to put them in jails. they are already overcrowded.

especially if the crowd embraces uniformity for the cause. imagine for example if everybody at the event wore only green shirts and blue hats, or if everybody wore a suit and tie. uniformity would distinguish us as a group or a collective mind.

police are always looking for anomalies in an individual's appearance to define their target.

consider that if everyone looks the same and is indistinguishable from the person sitting next to him, then it will only empower us, our morale, and disempower the state, who is not used to dealing with collective anomalies.

remember, they fear unified people. it's easy to pick out a target that stands out of the crowd. but what are they going to do when the group is the individual? :smile:

just one idea for our theory. :mushroom2:

--------------------

InvisibleAlteredAgain
Visual Alchemist
 User Gallery

#6687183 - 03/19/07 01:42 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

elbisivni said:
it would be awfully difficult to keep officials from getting in on the whole plan though..

maybe make it look like a normal demonstration, and keep the real idea underground. communicate with numerology or whatever, hehe.

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: AlteredAgain]
    #6687278 - 03/19/07 01:57 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

good ideas..we could all get haircuts and dress like business-folk. that would take care of a large chunk of the easiest backlash such an event would hail ("look at all those dirty hippies wearing tie-die and plaid with long hair trying to get drugs legalized")

well..that covers that aspect anyway, I understand the scope of this thread is much greater.

organizing it could take a really long time though - doing it carefully. Word of mouth would be the best tool, but you would actually want people to be covert and careful with the information, a lot of the bandwagoners-for-self-glory people would fuck that all up in a day.

--------------------

Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

#6687340 - 03/19/07 02:10 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

My goal isnt to change anything per se; its to show to everyone that change can happen if we do something about it. I want to show people what I see during my psychedelic trips, that change is possible. When you trip you get that sense that everything is changing and everything is connected. People need to become motivated to better society, not just themselves. And then they need to understand why they are doing it.

Drugs aernt the way to change anything, far too many people are afraid of drugs. And pot, sadly, just makes a lot of people stupid. And mushrooms and acid are on the same level as coke and heroin, but really these drugs just let you see the possibility of change, thats why drugs were so important in the 60s, people were willing to take them and see how the world is open to change, if we just break away from what people are telling us. There is too much stereotype against drugs these days to do anything effective.

--------------------

Edited by smoke40s (03/19/07 02:14 PM)

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#6687378 - 03/19/07 02:17 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

i think if people showed up dressed as who they are would make a bigger statement. we want the message that it is everyday people who smoke weed. your neighbor, the cancer patient, the college student, the war vetran. people from all walks of life use this drug just as people from all walks of life use alcohol.

marching in dc might be a problem with all the terrorism security that could be around. state capitals will be less guarded. this has to be a ground up movement not a top down one. we won't be able to persuade the U.S. congress at this time. state legislatures are easier targets. nevada had a proposal for the legalization of marijuana for medical use on the ballot last fall. california has laws allowing it. the more states that have the laws the quicker that the national laws will change.

with that said, we need protests everywhere not just dc or state capitals, but on campuses too. america smokes a ton of weed and if we could just get a tenth of the people who do to show up we could have over one million people across the country protesting this on the same day. that says a lot to our elected officials.

also we need to get the studies that the FDA has done about weed and how it is no more harmful than alcohol, that is isn't nearly as harmful as tobacco, and that has viable medical uses out into the public eye. what is taught in health classes? that is causes visual and auditory hallucinations and keeps your from learning, makes you stop loving your family and lazy. these are not the effects of marijuana that we smoke for. but a good portion of the population buys that bullshit.

word of mouth can help spread this but if we are going to reach any meaningful number of people we need to get this out over the internet, mailing lists, get in contact with norml. seriously they need to get up and organize something like this. unless we protest by breaking the law to show its obsurdity we will never be able to get change to come.

--------------------

Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

#6687399 - 03/19/07 02:20 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

420 is right around the corner.
And its a friday. Start talking to people at your campus, If everyone around the US would protest on their campus by smoking pot in the quad or something. It would be known.

Sadly I know a lot of pot smokers who wouldnt even want to risk this for their precious marijuanna.

--------------------

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

#6687414 - 03/19/07 02:24 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

april 20th is a bad day. that signifies that it is stoners trying to get it legalized. on the 4th of july it signifies that AMERICANS are trying to get it legalized.

--------------------

Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

#6687428 - 03/19/07 02:25 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Touche.

Too bad school isnt really in session in the summer.
I suppose it is about time for a road trip.

--------------------

OfflineTurricaN
Grasshopper
Loc: Amersfoort, Netherlands
    #6687535 - 03/19/07 02:46 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

It sounds like a great idea, but don't underestimate the amount of time and effort that something like this would take. Seriously - you're looking at a huge project here requiring some good formal planning.

I would personally love to take up the project of organising something like this. I'm not in the US, but I think I do have a fair few relevant skills (project management / time management / website development / etc.) and if an individual or a group is willing to give this a serious attempt, I would be more than willing to offer any help that I can.

Invisibleelbisivni
    #6688071 - 03/19/07 05:13 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Quote:

SlashOZ said:
i think if people showed up dressed as who they are would make a bigger statement. we want the message that it is everyday people who smoke weed. your neighbor, the cancer patient, the college student, the war vetran. people from all walks of life use this drug just as people from all walks of life use alcohol.

Alright well, dressing professional could be optional..but there should be a rule to get people to clean up so they don't turn the protest into a joke involving a bunch of dopers. This is what I was getting at.

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#6688598 - 03/19/07 07:01 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

The problem with protests is that they almost always constitute simply a march between two locations which are previously planned. There's a lot more power in a group of people spontaneously marching on a place.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: EllisDSox]
    #6688731 - 03/19/07 07:24 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

This is a great idea, but it's a shame that there are most likely narcs reading this right now.

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

Invisibleelbisivni
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #6689246 - 03/19/07 09:14 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

narcs like you perhaps..jk

if they did catch wind of such an event what could they do to stop it?

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6689321 - 03/19/07 09:27 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Someone could open a website telling people to protest on the 4th of july at 4:20. We could get it up on Digg, get it out there. We can't really rely on it being underground, because we need word of mouth to get enough power. Also, imagine people smoking pot whilst simultaneously reading out loud (in unison) the pledge of allegiance.

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Emphasize on liberty and justice for all. Or something else that would make you look like a true patriot. We could throw various ideas around. Encourage people to hand out a joint to a non-protester. I'm say we at least try, because most stoners have no outlet for protest. (Sending money to NORML isn't my idea of protest). I'd be willing to devote massive amounts of spare time to this cause.

We could go around planting massive amounts of spare seeds in public places, too.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinesmoke40s
drink blunts

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6689630 - 03/19/07 10:34 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

It could be done;
we do have lots of spare time.

--------------------

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6689768 - 03/19/07 11:01 PM (17 years, 14 days ago)

I'd write articles, and I would also spread the word.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Offlinepokermush
Waterboardingmyself toprotect America!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utah
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6690042 - 03/20/07 12:08 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Sorry OP, but this thread started with lots of paranoid bullshit (hint: that's where the problem starts, our drug laws won't change until drug users != crazies) but somehow a brilliant idea emerged.

The million joint march on July 4th is the best idea I've heard in a very, very long time. What are they going to do, arrest 1 million people? A thousand? Think about it... any action they take will backfire. Huge for awareness and for furthering the image of the pot not being as dangerous as they say.

The only thing that would backfire on the cause is if the crowd is rowdy, or tries to make it a hippie rally, or starts mixing in anti-capitalist or anti-milk bullshit.

But if its college kids studying to be doctors and lawyers and geologists, moms and dads, basically future Mr. and Mrs. American pie, we'd really have something that could make a difference.

Edited by pokermush (03/20/07 12:16 AM)

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: pokermush]
    #6690162 - 03/20/07 12:39 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

If your going to do this thing your going to need at least a good 300 people if not more, and they need to be peacefully marching down a crowded street smoking joints at the same time, make sure you 15 to 20 people with video cameras filming from all diffrent angles from the start of the march untill the finish.

that way if there is police brutallity you can have it filmed on several diffrent cameras of peaceful people doing no harm, getting shot by police with bean bags.

Keep in mind that it is against the law, and.... that song always comes into play, :Iiiii fought the law and the, law WON....oh yeah I faught the law and the, law won"

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

OfflineMauiGanjaMonster
Herbal Pleasures
Male

Loc: 4 acre pot field
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6690172 - 03/20/07 12:42 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

"And pot, sadly, just makes a lot of people stupid. And mushrooms and acid are on the same level as coke and heroin,"

Btw thats some fucked up logic you got there buddy.

--------------------
Trodding through creation in a irie meditation.

As they walk through my garden and steal my fruit, damn devils in a three piece suit.

yeah they walk through my garden and eat my fruit damn puppets, the boys in blue.

Offlinetoday mylove
Male User Gallery

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: pokermush]
    #6690271 - 03/20/07 01:28 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

These are all good ideas. Great Ideas. Call me a cynic but... it won't work. These ideas are virtually impossible to implement in our current society. It just can't be done. As someone said earlier perhaps the only way to make a stance with force is in unity. Unity in numbers and strength has more power than individuals alone. The majority rules - if the majority demands change above all things, the forces of the old are crippled by the unity of the majority provided they are all suporting a new ideal. But what can we all agree upon? Merely demonstrating change will do nothing. You can prove change is possible, but there will always be those who think you're just fucking with something that already works.

Don't take what I'm saying personally but just because you have seen that our current state can be improved, that things can maybe be THAT much better if only everyone finally worked together... doesn't mean everyone suddenly understands too. It's just another way of saying I'm right and you're wrong. This is me talking here but I firmly believe there is no right way. There is no one path to make everything alright. Preaching a means to an end always has a reason.

I spend a lot of my time thinking of how things ought to be. It's just what I do because I guess I too am an Idealist. But ought to bes will not work. It's the reason of your dissatisfaction with the world and hence the reason we think change has to occur. It just has to right?

I have no answers. I don't even know if this post is relevant to what you're saying because you're just speaking hypothetically. I guess maybe I just wanted to clarify my thinking on the subject of societal change for the better. But what I have learned is..... why let society as a whole bother you. It's a system of interaction, it is what it is. If suddenly all people agreed everything was screwed up, what next? Surely the next idealized society will have it's flaws too because a society treats people as a collective - a collective with a common goal. Right now its my belief that people are too diverse, with too many beliefs to possibly decide on a common goal. Maybe the common goal must be realized within each one of us before we can truely decide on what to do next. And dosing the world on LSD will not cause this realization. That is just another ought to be. Does this mean every action is hopeless and that all we are now left to do is wait for a sign - some hidden meaning amongst everything. No, I'm not saying that either.

It's fucking complicated and therefore don't worry about changing the entire world. That's impossible. It won't work. It can't. Being kind to yourself and to your neighbour does no harm however. Maybe if we learn how to care for eachother, slowly but surely we will begin to see everything fall into place? What's the harm in that? Don't take that as a final proposal either. War and murder may lead to the same end... who knows.

I've thought about this long and hard. What do I know though. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical some may say but I don't even consider myself all that cynical. Talking about some means to a final, ultimate end will just create the same problem we have. I guess I kinda added a huge spin to the topic at hand but this is my perspective on changing the world. We can't try too hard! But that doesn't mean giving up either...

OfflineZeroSky
Myconaut
Male

Loc: Oregon
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: MauiGanjaMonster]
    #6690293 - 03/20/07 01:35 AM (17 years, 14 days ago)

Those in a safe place will put all their heart into staying in that safe place. Those in a bad place will put all their heart into changing that bad place. You will alternate throughout these stages for eternity. Some people in the world are quite happy with how it is, while others are quite frustrated (such as yourself [or so it's implied]). Go ahead and do something, but realize this.

Like it has long been said; it's not the destination, it's the journey. Go to burning man, they have quite the "do"ocracy, and I think that's just what you need. The thrill of doing something to change the world and leave a lasting mark seems to have completely possessed you though, so do me a favor and please do something a little more interesting or plausible than trying to get half the nation to not pay taxes.

--------------------
It seems we're back.. we were always coming back.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: ZeroSky]
    #6690682 - 03/20/07 07:39 AM (17 years, 13 days ago)

You know what, if anyone wants to jump on this I will help organize it. I think mabye that this July would be too soon perhaps, we need to make this into a movement, and its going to take a lot more than a couple months. If anyone is interested in providing a website, bandwidth, poster designs, making facebook groups, petitions, ect, contact me via PM and we can get this ball rolling.

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

#6690688 - 03/20/07 07:51 AM (17 years, 13 days ago)

Ok, I have set up a forum for out use, its still in the process of creation, but ill get it out here.

http://85.freebb.com/christiancoalit

Send me a PM when/if you register so I know that you are legit and I will confirm it.

Offlineenygma
wild rover

#6691187 - 03/20/07 12:02 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

i have no idea what i just did

Edited by enygma (03/20/07 12:02 PM)

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: enygma]
    #6691767 - 03/20/07 02:55 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

"Right now its my belief that people are too diverse, with too many beliefs to possibly decide on a common goal. Maybe the common goal must be realized within each one of us before we can truly decide on what to do next."

which leads to the idea i was pondering throughout this whole read...

society can only be understood through the fulfillment of our COLLECTIVE needs, as was stated earlier.

if our society is moving faster and faster towards this goal, while people are becoming more and more self involved, be it work, education, religion, TV, growing mushrooms...WHATEVER... we have opposite trends.

a trend in society to please the masses (bread/circus) and a trend in the individual for a well developed demonstration of 'independence'. this has surely led to a rapidly growing GAP between have/have nots, do/do nots, think/ think nots, etc.....

the stress points in our society are growing exponentially, and i do believe it is the responsibility of those that understand, to DO, something....

I COMPLETELY agree that the idea of having this 'thing' activated/mobile by July 4th is nonsense, at lease not if you want it to be effective.

* AS STATED EARLIER: there are plenty of states w/ medical MJ laws. a lawyer i retained a while back was one of many NORML members who went door to door getting signatures for the bill in my state... WHY would this approach NOT work for the proposed demonstration. BRING FACTS: prison crowding and the prospect of VIOLENT offenders being freed... Relate the stories of you, your family, or friends who have been arrested/prosecuted for NON VIOLENT peaceful recreational activities... GIVE THE NUMBERS A FACE< people are generally good.

if enough people had the courage to do this, our numbers would MULTIPLY...

GOOD READ/GOOD COMMUNITY/ GREAT POTENTIAL....

--------------------
[img][url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-13/511364480-allseeingeye.gif]

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Hobosapien]
    #6692092 - 03/20/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

This is a great idea, you've gotta spread this far and wide. I think one of the main things that will make it fail is if everyone thinls "I'm not gonna go, but there will be other people there, what difference will one person make?" If everyone thinks like that, no one will come.

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineChrisped
Say What?

#6692284 - 03/20/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

Why society is going to hell in a ham basket.

Ok, I’ll stick my neck out by making a few observations. This has nothing to do with specific political ideas, just a personal observation, and I offer apologies to those who may be insulted. This is the way I see things which in no way implies you should think the same.

As a species we have come a long, long way. The ability to formulate abstract ideas and to communicate them to our own kind, as well as the manual dexterity to construct and change our environment have propelled us to a position of dominance on this planet.
There is no denying our origins, and like it or not, we are animals by any definition of the term and the consequence of this is that we maintain a number of natural drives. I believe that we must consciously admit that many of our natural instincts, the adaptive strategies that got us where we are today, are also responsible for most of our problems.

We hunt and gather (And in our modern society I don’t just mean food) greed - the need to possess, which enabled us to survive this long turns against us as we look after our own interests and those of our genetic offspring first – a basic instinct.

Power is good, right? It exerts dominance over those who are weaker – eventually only the strongest survive. It’s the law of all life, is it not? Of every single living species, like it or not.

Now that we have power and material wealth, lets tell all the other races, whom we consider less advanced, how to do things – colonialism to destroy the diversity of ideas and reveal a prescribed path for all to follow.

Rule your subjects to maintain social order at any cost, with whichever lies are necessary – cant have society to unravel, that would be counterproductive to the survival of the species. But don’t worry, there is always faith.

There are no simple answers and the complicated answers require an introspective on our species that most are not willing to undertake.

As a species we have no common goal except to survive and ensure the continuation of our genetic makeup. Short-sighted as we are, we will destroy the planet in this blind purpose. Nothing will change on a global scale until this changes.

--------------------
Look around and choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be ......

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Chrisped]
    #6692725 - 03/20/07 07:46 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

this is a truly awesome idea, but instead of having a protest in 1 state Capitol, we should do it in every state capitol (if we could organize this). if it was the same day at a specified time it would be noticed nation wide, and would be amazing.

--------------------

Edited by Phish_Dude (03/20/07 07:47 PM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #6693357 - 03/20/07 10:08 PM (17 years, 13 days ago)

I think mabye having one big one in DC but mabye telling those who cant make it there to arrange smaller ones all over the country.

OfflineFlugon_Nine
Rolling Stone
Male

Loc: Earth A.D.
    #6697545 - 03/21/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

If this gets started, things will change. It'll be like a giant spark, tons of letters sent in to lawmakers to change the legality, people will most likely start thinking. Some close minded assholes will never change their mind, but it'll turn them into the minority here. It's an awesome idea, we should aim for maybe July 4th 08'. It'll have even more of an effect being election year as well.

--------------------
"When we first broke into that forbidden box in the other dimension, we knew we had discovered something as surprising and powerful as the New World when Columbus came stumbling onto it." - Ken Kesey

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Flugon_Nine]
    #6698533 - 03/22/07 08:21 AM (17 years, 11 days ago)

CHRISPED:

VERY Freudian, not to say it is untrue.

the thing is, behaviorism is limiting, and is completely consumed by the POV of the average 'turned on' mind.

the 'turned on' mind, if i may be presumptuous, understands the 'state' (perpetuation of organized society based on serving NEEDS), however finds it useless in a 'cosmological' sense.

KNOWING your own futility CAN be empowering. this discussion has been about using the COLLECTIVE empowerment/futility, to attempt to spread...awareness...

POWER is not good or bad, it is like a spoon, good to eat, bad to carve out someones eyeball... it is just another TOOL for the FEARLESS>

sadly the STATE is good at spreading FEAR. WE NEED TO BE BETTER AT SPREADING FEARLESSNESS.

IN HONESTY, i feel that i have NOTHING to lose and NOTHING to gain. whatever good can come of this hypothetical organization would be the betterment of any individual who decides to participate based on something he/she identifies with.

to me that seems to be the only aim. to spread fearlessness,awareness, and understanding through DEMONSTRATION.

i think we all seek perfect collaboration through perfect autonomy.

--------------------
[img][url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-13/511364480-allseeingeye.gif]

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Loc: U.S. Midwest
    #6698632 - 03/22/07 09:22 AM (17 years, 11 days ago)

For the past few months I've been moving towards this sort of cause at my university, spreading the word, talking with other students about their views and writing papers on Marijuana and LSD for two different classes that I've made a point of letting others read (the first got an A, the second one is being graded as we speak :thumbup:).  I've been toying with the idea of writing more articles for the cause for quite some time now, and this thread has given me the extra boost I need to get serious about it.

--------------------
Soon you will see. All of your fears will pass away.

InvisibleSlashOZ
Male

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Mr_Prickles]
    #6699150 - 03/22/07 12:26 PM (17 years, 11 days ago)

we can't let this thread die, can we get a sticky or something?

--------------------

Edited by SlashOZ (03/22/07 12:26 PM)

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

#6699475 - 03/22/07 02:32 PM (17 years, 11 days ago)

FUG MAN,

we dont need no sticky, we need PARTICIPATION....

the more the merrier plain and simple...

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY, PLEASE....

lay it on me.

THE TOPIC IS IN NO WAY EXCLUSIVE.

everyone of us participates weather we know it or not...

JUST THINK TO YOURSELF---> WHAT DO MY ACTIONS SAY?

like it or not we all speak through action, and the lack of action.

--------------------

OfflineChrisped
Say What?

#6699776 - 03/22/07 03:52 PM (17 years, 11 days ago)

Indeed Hobosapien

Actions can only be preceded by a careful plan, one that includes the whole community across the globe. (I know that I for one would not be in a position to travel to DC) We have the technology at our disposal to include everyone but we need a set of action points to which everyone can agree, then a method to propagate these to make the message heard. As an example, I think that the FSR is doing it's important part to spread awareness.

So, while we are standing around contemplating our cosmological meaninglessness, how about a concise list of WHAT we want.... specifically.

PS - Greed and power, unlike simple tools, corrupt. Not universally perhaps, but often enough to affect the course of a civilization - and a species.

--------------------
Look around and choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be ......

Edited by Chrisped (03/22/07 04:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds