Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: xFrockx]
    #6690688 - 03/20/07 07:51 AM (17 years, 12 days ago)

Ok, I have set up a forum for out use, its still in the process of creation, but ill get it out here.

http://85.freebb.com/christiancoalit

Send me a PM when/if you register so I know that you are legit and I will confirm it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineenygma
wild rover

#6691187 - 03/20/07 12:02 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

i have no idea what i just did

Edited by enygma (03/20/07 12:02 PM)

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: enygma]
    #6691767 - 03/20/07 02:55 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

"Right now its my belief that people are too diverse, with too many beliefs to possibly decide on a common goal. Maybe the common goal must be realized within each one of us before we can truly decide on what to do next."

which leads to the idea i was pondering throughout this whole read...

society can only be understood through the fulfillment of our COLLECTIVE needs, as was stated earlier.

if our society is moving faster and faster towards this goal, while people are becoming more and more self involved, be it work, education, religion, TV, growing mushrooms...WHATEVER... we have opposite trends.

a trend in society to please the masses (bread/circus) and a trend in the individual for a well developed demonstration of 'independence'. this has surely led to a rapidly growing GAP between have/have nots, do/do nots, think/ think nots, etc.....

the stress points in our society are growing exponentially, and i do believe it is the responsibility of those that understand, to DO, something....

I COMPLETELY agree that the idea of having this 'thing' activated/mobile by July 4th is nonsense, at lease not if you want it to be effective.

* AS STATED EARLIER: there are plenty of states w/ medical MJ laws. a lawyer i retained a while back was one of many NORML members who went door to door getting signatures for the bill in my state... WHY would this approach NOT work for the proposed demonstration. BRING FACTS: prison crowding and the prospect of VIOLENT offenders being freed... Relate the stories of you, your family, or friends who have been arrested/prosecuted for NON VIOLENT peaceful recreational activities... GIVE THE NUMBERS A FACE< people are generally good.

if enough people had the courage to do this, our numbers would MULTIPLY...

GOOD READ/GOOD COMMUNITY/ GREAT POTENTIAL....

--------------------
[img][url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-13/511364480-allseeingeye.gif]

OfflineSiekoaktiv
version 2.0
Male

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Hobosapien]
    #6692092 - 03/20/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

This is a great idea, you've gotta spread this far and wide. I think one of the main things that will make it fail is if everyone thinls "I'm not gonna go, but there will be other people there, what difference will one person make?" If everyone thinks like that, no one will come.

--------------------
I'm in need of a sterile sporeprint, if anyone wants to do a trade for some seeds or something, or maybe just for free if you have a lot of them............. i'd really appreciate it :mushroom2:

NuggetPorch said - "YES! YES!!!! Coaster its Faint, but its fucking there YOU see it!!! Perhaps we are both on some sort of unusual wave length associated with unusual neuro-transmitters, mind expansion white light, or something we can not even begin to understand or fathom to conceive because it is a gift of insight or a curse given to us by powers beyond our control, something we are not meant to know."

OfflineChrisped
Say What?

Loc: Australia
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Siekoaktiv]
    #6692284 - 03/20/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

Why society is going to hell in a ham basket.

Ok, I’ll stick my neck out by making a few observations. This has nothing to do with specific political ideas, just a personal observation, and I offer apologies to those who may be insulted. This is the way I see things which in no way implies you should think the same.

As a species we have come a long, long way. The ability to formulate abstract ideas and to communicate them to our own kind, as well as the manual dexterity to construct and change our environment have propelled us to a position of dominance on this planet.
There is no denying our origins, and like it or not, we are animals by any definition of the term and the consequence of this is that we maintain a number of natural drives. I believe that we must consciously admit that many of our natural instincts, the adaptive strategies that got us where we are today, are also responsible for most of our problems.

We hunt and gather (And in our modern society I don’t just mean food) greed - the need to possess, which enabled us to survive this long turns against us as we look after our own interests and those of our genetic offspring first – a basic instinct.

Power is good, right? It exerts dominance over those who are weaker – eventually only the strongest survive. It’s the law of all life, is it not? Of every single living species, like it or not.

Now that we have power and material wealth, lets tell all the other races, whom we consider less advanced, how to do things – colonialism to destroy the diversity of ideas and reveal a prescribed path for all to follow.

Rule your subjects to maintain social order at any cost, with whichever lies are necessary – cant have society to unravel, that would be counterproductive to the survival of the species. But don’t worry, there is always faith.

There are no simple answers and the complicated answers require an introspective on our species that most are not willing to undertake.

As a species we have no common goal except to survive and ensure the continuation of our genetic makeup. Short-sighted as we are, we will destroy the planet in this blind purpose. Nothing will change on a global scale until this changes.

--------------------
Look around and choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be ......

InvisiblePhish_Dude
steppin' into yesterday
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: secret tweeker pad Flag
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Chrisped]
    #6692725 - 03/20/07 07:46 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

this is a truly awesome idea, but instead of having a protest in 1 state Capitol, we should do it in every state capitol (if we could organize this). if it was the same day at a specified time it would be noticed nation wide, and would be amazing.

--------------------

Edited by Phish_Dude (03/20/07 07:47 PM)

OfflinexFrockx
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Phish_Dude]
    #6693357 - 03/20/07 10:08 PM (17 years, 12 days ago)

I think mabye having one big one in DC but mabye telling those who cant make it there to arrange smaller ones all over the country.

OfflineFlugon_Nine
Rolling Stone
Male

Loc: Earth A.D.
    #6697545 - 03/21/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 11 days ago)

If this gets started, things will change. It'll be like a giant spark, tons of letters sent in to lawmakers to change the legality, people will most likely start thinking. Some close minded assholes will never change their mind, but it'll turn them into the minority here. It's an awesome idea, we should aim for maybe July 4th 08'. It'll have even more of an effect being election year as well.

--------------------
"When we first broke into that forbidden box in the other dimension, we knew we had discovered something as surprising and powerful as the New World when Columbus came stumbling onto it." - Ken Kesey

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Flugon_Nine]
    #6698533 - 03/22/07 08:21 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

CHRISPED:

VERY Freudian, not to say it is untrue.

the thing is, behaviorism is limiting, and is completely consumed by the POV of the average 'turned on' mind.

the 'turned on' mind, if i may be presumptuous, understands the 'state' (perpetuation of organized society based on serving NEEDS), however finds it useless in a 'cosmological' sense.

KNOWING your own futility CAN be empowering. this discussion has been about using the COLLECTIVE empowerment/futility, to attempt to spread...awareness...

POWER is not good or bad, it is like a spoon, good to eat, bad to carve out someones eyeball... it is just another TOOL for the FEARLESS>

sadly the STATE is good at spreading FEAR. WE NEED TO BE BETTER AT SPREADING FEARLESSNESS.

IN HONESTY, i feel that i have NOTHING to lose and NOTHING to gain. whatever good can come of this hypothetical organization would be the betterment of any individual who decides to participate based on something he/she identifies with.

to me that seems to be the only aim. to spread fearlessness,awareness, and understanding through DEMONSTRATION.

i think we all seek perfect collaboration through perfect autonomy.

--------------------
[img][url=http://www.shroomery.org/forums/files/07-13/511364480-allseeingeye.gif]

OfflineMr_Prickles
Shop and SavePsychonaut
Male

Loc: U.S. Midwest
    #6698632 - 03/22/07 09:22 AM (17 years, 10 days ago)

For the past few months I've been moving towards this sort of cause at my university, spreading the word, talking with other students about their views and writing papers on Marijuana and LSD for two different classes that I've made a point of letting others read (the first got an A, the second one is being graded as we speak :thumbup:).  I've been toying with the idea of writing more articles for the cause for quite some time now, and this thread has given me the extra boost I need to get serious about it.

--------------------
Soon you will see. All of your fears will pass away.

InvisibleSlashOZ
:D
Male

Loc: Following the water cycle
Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: Mr_Prickles]
    #6699150 - 03/22/07 12:26 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

we can't let this thread die, can we get a sticky or something?

--------------------
"Life sucks but in this really beautiful way" - Axl Rose
"Life's a bitch and then you die that's why we get high cuz you never know when you're gonna go." - NAS
"When people don't know what you're about they put you down and shut you out" - Black Sabbath
"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind" - Gandhi
"Look up at me I am God, look down on me and I am evil, look at me I am you." - Charles Manson.
"Don't question my reality." - Me (as far as I know)

Edited by SlashOZ (03/22/07 12:26 PM)

OfflineHobosapien
Mushmage

Re: proposal for the change and betterment of society [Re: SlashOZ]
    #6699475 - 03/22/07 02:32 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

FUG MAN,

we dont need no sticky, we need PARTICIPATION....

the more the merrier plain and simple...

THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY, PLEASE....

lay it on me.

THE TOPIC IS IN NO WAY EXCLUSIVE.

everyone of us participates weather we know it or not...

JUST THINK TO YOURSELF---> WHAT DO MY ACTIONS SAY?

like it or not we all speak through action, and the lack of action.

--------------------

OfflineChrisped
Say What?

Loc: Australia
    #6699776 - 03/22/07 03:52 PM (17 years, 10 days ago)

Indeed Hobosapien

Actions can only be preceded by a careful plan, one that includes the whole community across the globe. (I know that I for one would not be in a position to travel to DC) We have the technology at our disposal to include everyone but we need a set of action points to which everyone can agree, then a method to propagate these to make the message heard. As an example, I think that the FSR is doing it's important part to spread awareness.

So, while we are standing around contemplating our cosmological meaninglessness, how about a concise list of WHAT we want.... specifically.

PS - Greed and power, unlike simple tools, corrupt. Not universally perhaps, but often enough to affect the course of a civilization - and a species.

--------------------
Look around and choose your own ground
For long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be ......

Edited by Chrisped (03/22/07 04:40 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract