Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
apricot chantrelles?
    #668143 - 06/07/02 10:29 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I recently purchased some apricot chantrelles from a store for $29.99 a pound. These obviously werent true chantrelles, but they were cultivated on what looked to be pine. Does anyone know what these are? I put them in the fridge and they started growing more mycelium in areas at the base of the cluster. To make a long story short I now have them on agar in the fridge and the mycelium likes it. What should I transfer to them to?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: apricot chantrelles? [Re: durban_poison]
    #668499 - 06/08/02 06:53 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

That is interesting. True chanterelles are not cultivated "yet" because of their complex life cycle involving symbiosis with trees. Do you have a picture or at least a description? $30 a pound is pretty spendy. Real chanterelles in season go for about $5-$10 a pound in my area.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: apricot chantrelles? [Re: Workman]
    #668538 - 06/08/02 07:22 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

no they definetly werent true chantrelles, in fact they in no way looked like chantrelles. the kind of resembled cubs in shape and in the way they grew in cluster. The caps are dark red and stems were tan to tanish red. They smelled strongly of apricots and they were obviously cultivated not picked . This was determined by they pine shavings and wood chips in it along with a casing layer that looked like a pine needles and cocofiber. These were very expensive and I over payed for them, but they looked so fresh and were cultivated. So of course I said what the hell and bought some to see what I could do with them. The mycelium is white the spores looked tannish to rusty gills were a light tan. I will go buy some more so I can post pics so someone can identify them. I thought the name was intresting because they called them chantrelles. The taste great I cooked them in a terriaki sauce with small pieces of apricots and apricot jelly. I poured this over some grilled chicken and fillets.

Invisibleshaggymane
PHARMER

Loc: great white north
    #668548 - 06/08/02 07:31 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

may be strophia rugosoannulata

Invisiblearmedia
Dikaryon

#672839 - 06/11/02 07:23 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Do try to get some pics, because this is a mystery worth solving.

All I have to add is that chanterelles are sometimes known to smell of apricot or peach.

- A

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: apricot chantrelles? [Re: armedia]
    #673921 - 06/11/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

Not many mushrooms grow in clusters. They might just Pink oysters with appealing commercial name.

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #693911 - 06/22/02 09:08 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

sorry it has been so long I have been really busy. Tomorrow after work Im going to go buy some more. They definetly dont look anything like oysters. I will post some pics but they will probably be shity unless one of my friends lets me borrow there digital camera. The cultures I tried to take all slowed and succumed to contams. I will see if I can print them this next time.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale