Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: biolumenescent fungi
    #66805 - 11/27/99 11:12 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

oDin, you are not alone, friend! I've brought the topic up several times in the past, but I'm starting to believe it's all just a fairy tale. Do these mushrooms really exist? I mean I've never seen one in person. Have you? :wink:

ShroomGod

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#66807 - 11/27/99 11:59 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I too have asked about these in those past posts. ShroomGod, didn't you post a pics awhile back? I never seen anything so intrigueing.

OfflineoDin
    #66808 - 11/27/99 12:20 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

No, I have never seen them. I must have read a post by one of you 2 while back then Shroomgod and euronymous. I just thought it would look cool as hell is all. And I am ready for a new challenge. Well I checked a few spore dealers out but I didn't know the actual name of them. Anyway keep me in touch if you all find the glowing grail of mycology. peace and thanks

------------------
Say what you will. But dammit, grandma is one hell of a good french kisser.

[This message has been edited by oDin (edited November 27, 1999).]

Anonymous

#66809 - 11/27/99 12:28 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I just remebered also I was talking to Nacho awhile back about Pans cyan and Pan Trops and he posted he had some of the glowing cultures growing. Maybe he knows where to get spores? I haven't seen any posts from him since though.

Anonymous

#66810 - 11/27/99 01:42 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

If you guys find something on this post it please as I am interested in this also and I will do the same.

------------------
Where there is a will there is a way , sometimes it just take a little longer to get there.

OfflinePsilowarrior
enthusiast
    #66811 - 11/27/99 01:59 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

You want to go here: http://www.fungi.com/info/glowing.html
Which, now that I read it, is no help at all. Sorry..

OfflinePsiLLy Cybe
enthusiast
    #66812 - 11/27/99 02:07 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Im not sure if a can get the same thing you are talking about, but here in CO i have seend numerous luminecent fungiis. from tree funga, too glowing shrooms. some of these things i have never seen in any book, come spring(when they come out) ill collect numerous prints and cultures of these and distribute some out, maybe i can be a help to you guys, maybe not. ill try to help though, later on,
Astral

------------------
Making Life Better...
Astral

Anonymous

#66813 - 11/27/99 08:20 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Wouldn't they be great to have around at night while enjoying the effects of their cousins?

jC

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #66814 - 11/28/99 01:07 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

:wink: well I dont know if this will help but here is a few pics of a couple diffent bioluminescence Mushrooms I found just for those of you who posted to this message :wink: I am also very intrested in perhaps obtaining some spores of bioluminescence Mushrooms as they would be a great adition to their mind expanding cousins and would be a great trip toy! :smile:

------------------
"My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk"
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #66815 - 11/28/99 01:11 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Well Here is few pictures for you guys, I thought I posted this before but I looked to make sure it was and well it never got posted so here it is again.

These are for those of you who are looking for bioluminescence Mushrooms I too am intrested in growing these great glow in the dark mushies. They truly would be a great addition to our mycological garden as well as a damn fun trip toy :smile:
http://www.firbank.vic.edu.au/Physics/optopic6.htm
http://www.biology.lsa.umich.edu/courses/bio311/projects/ronney/use.shtml

------------------
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #66816 - 11/28/99 01:12 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Well I see what happend now it did get posted! BUT!!! MY dumb ass forgot to post the URLS!!! Soory people :frown:

--------------------

OfflinePlacebo
    #66817 - 11/29/99 10:29 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Psilly Cybe: Yes, please collect as many spore prints and live tissue samples as you can. Many, many people are interested, myself included!

Anonymous

#66818 - 11/29/99 10:39 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

paul stamets has something on his store''s page ( http://www.fungi.com ) about bioluminescent mycelium that he might turn into some type of a kit in the future, actually i have't looked for the article for a while, just assuming its still there :frown:....
and if any of u guys have a copy of "all that the rain promises... and more" by david aurora (if u don't have it but live in western US, get it! easier to read than mushrooms demystified fr us dumbasses :wink:), he says something about a mushroom that grows on trees and glows at night, i think it might have been called the jack-o-lantern mushroom or something... ill look it up later, hope this helps

oops! just found that article, its the same link that psilowarrior posted, no real help, but a nice picture :smile:That stuff REALLY glows....
------------------
"We are not afraid to follow truth wherever it may lead, nor to tolerate any error so long as reason is left free to combat it."

[This message has been edited by pin (edited November 29, 1999).]

Offlineastro
addict
    #66819 - 11/29/99 10:46 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

dem glow inna dark shroomes sure are pretty. heh,heh :wink:

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
    #66820 - 11/29/99 01:53 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Pin,

You were right, the mushroom is in the book "All that rain promises and more" the mushroom is called the Western Jack O' Lantern Mushroom (Omphalotus Olivascens) It is poisionous it grows in groups on or near hardwood stumps and trees or near the base of chinquapin, oak, madrone, and other hardwoods. Abundant in southern California and central California, extending to Oregon but less frequent there.

So if you live in Cali go find it!

------------------
-Quote from Eminem-

~PanTrop~

--------------------

OfflineoDin
    #66821 - 11/29/99 01:10 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I never had seen one before. I think they look cool. Reminds me of a jelly fish or something. well keep in touch, snow on the ground here so no mushrooms until next season.

------------------

Anonymous

#66822 - 11/29/99 03:14 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

if i remember this right i think Workman carry some culture. I remember him saying he'll get his lazy ass movin and try to fruit them. hope this helps. Dude i have a Ecu bed fruiting 100+ shrooms!!!

------------------
Twhahahaha <(``<) boo.

OfflineoDin
    #66823 - 11/29/99 10:35 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

I contacted a mycologist at my old university yesterday. I got a very interesting answer here is the e-mail exchange with the names removed to protect the guilty(the origional message is the second one):

Re: Hello
Date:Tue, 30 Nov 1999 09:09:52 -0700 (MST)
To:"my e-mail was here"

oDin(repalced origional name)
I've seen this fungus a few times. Let me check to see if I made any collections. You should also be aware that this fungus contains psychoactive subsatances and therefore is illegal to grow. Spores are ok to have since the secondary metabolites aren't developed.
Steve

Steven L. XXXXX
Department of Botany
University of XXXX

---------------------------------
>Subject: Hello
>Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 16:04:01 -0700
>
>Dear Mr XXXXX
>
>I am a XX pharmacy graduate of XX. I am contacting you because I am interested in the "Western Jack O' Lantern Mushroom (Omphalotus
Olivascens) It is poisionous it grows in groups on or near hardwood stumps and trees or near the base of chinquapin, oak, madrone,and other hardwoods. Abundant in southern California and central California,
extending to Oregon but less frequent there." Apparently this is a biolumenisent(sp) or it glows in the dark. I am interested in possible growing this species. I am familiar with agar and sterile techniques. I have grown some mushroom species in the past. Anyway would you know of a spore source and/or growth parameters for this species? Thank you for your time.

My name and address etc was here.
--------------------------------------------

apparently it a good type of poisen perhaps? wink wink

[This message has been edited by oDin (edited November 30, 1999).]

Anonymous

#66824 - 11/30/99 11:15 AM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Uh, I never heard of the jack-o-lantern containing psychoactive chemicals, and I've read more than one description of them in field guides. What are these chemicals? Why have I never heard of this?

ShroomGod

[This message has been edited by ShroomGod (edited November 30, 1999).]

OfflineoDin
    #66825 - 11/30/99 01:00 PM (24 years, 4 months ago)

Neither have I. I didn't ask the dude anymore about them as it seems he may send me some spores. Hope I hope I hope. I told him I would never eat anything that glows. I very well may be telling he truth regardless if he is right or not.

------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale