Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprofessor_mudd
Easy-going drunk
Male

Loc: USofA
My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !!
    #6668602 - 03/14/07 12:11 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

At the moment I have just 2 cakes in my FC that started pinning 3 or 4 days ago.
I used the dunk-n-roll TEK with double end casing. My largest fruits at the moment are around 3" tall.
My problems started when the top layer of verm. began to colonize rather than pin, I attributed this to too much humidity in the FC.
When colonization was almost complete the pinning began.
The pins appeared mostly around the edges of the top of the cakes, where the verm layer was the thinnest, there were a few on the sides, and quite a few growing from the bottom verm. layer which is in an inverted lid resting on perlite.
The pins on top are growing at an outward angle from the cake. They've started to grow more straight up now.

But it seems That the base of the stems are too thin, the stem widens a little as the stem goes up then thins out again towards the cap.

Last night I had taken 1 of my cakes out to study it and when I replaced it 3 of my larger pins fell off! And today when I was looking at them (without removing them) I noticed another pin about to fall off.

The pins are quite prevalent now and growing voraciously, but as I stated before the base of the stems seems way to small, and seems to be having trouble staying attached to the cakes.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
What can be dome to correct this?

Thanks in advance,
-P.M.-

--------------------
All I have written is and always will be fiction, with nothing anchored in the realm of reality.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineQDP843
Entrepreneur

Loc: SOUTHERN
Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: professor_mudd]
    #6668614 - 03/14/07 12:15 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

there tired of being on the cakes they ready to have fun lol

OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: QDP843]
    #6668831 - 03/14/07 01:13 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Your fine, like QDP843 said. Sounds like a weak preflush-

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

Edited by Civ (03/14/07 01:14 PM)

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
    #6668925 - 03/14/07 01:40 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

If using a thick enough verm layer it will not provide as much support for growing fruits as would the cake itself.

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Offlinefiggusfiddus
Arrogant Worm
Male User Gallery

Loc: Figgus, Fiddia
Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: RoachMan]
    #6668949 - 03/14/07 01:47 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I had the same problem with my first set. I had a layer of verm on the floor to keep RH up, with the cakes directly on it, and the pins all started to like the bottom layer more than their built-in PF quasi-casing bit at the top... so they would grow down over the verm, hugging it for more moisture, and eventually they would only be held on by a little tiny strand of tissue. Nasty bit was trying to get all the verm off the mushrooms when I harvested... but I don't think there's anything strictly wrong with this happening, other than the mess.

So, my advice is not to handle them during examination until you're ready for the suckers to fall off, as they seem to want to. :smile:

--------------------
FGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDSFGSFDS

InvisibleRoachMan
Old Man
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Midwest
Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: figgusfiddus]
    #6669025 - 03/14/07 02:07 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

A good solution for when they fall off!

Eat them! :hehehe:

--------------------
"The mistake that I make is to try to come awake in a place you're just supposed to get shit faced or baked."

Offlineprofessor_mudd
Easy-going drunk
Male

Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: RoachMan]
    #6669184 - 03/14/07 02:58 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah when those first three 3" pins popped off what could I do?

I shoved 'em in my mouth. Wasn't enough for a mind blower by any means, but it was just enough to let me know that the future holds some fun for me.

BTW this is the Hualta strain
Anybody out there have anything at all to report on this strain?

Thanks for the feedback,
-P.M.-

--------------------
All I have written is and always will be fiction, with nothing anchored in the realm of reality.

Offlineprofessor_mudd
Easy-going drunk
Male

#6669201 - 03/14/07 03:02 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Oh yeah, I did make 1 change, I was growing in a clear tub w/a clear top.
I open the windows during the day and put a light over the top.
After my earlier post I decided to cover the sided w/newspaper to eliminate some of the side shooting

-P.M.-

--------------------

Offlineexagram
Phear the shroom
 User Gallery

#6669360 - 03/14/07 03:51 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

BTW this is the Hualta strain
Anybody out there have anything at all to report on this strain?

Yeah, I'm growing my first and it's Huautla. Took about ten days to show any signs of mycelium, and not all the jars germinated (may well have been the spores or my birthing conditions), and they don't seem to be growing as quickly as cubensis is generally supposed to, but at least something's definitely happening. I'll be growing B+ next, which ought to provide a more conventional experience. :tongue:

--------------------
Raoul Duke: What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole lifestyle that he helped create - a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the acid culture: the desperate assumption that somebody, or at least some force, is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.

Offlineprofessor_mudd
Easy-going drunk
Male

Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: exagram]
    #6669456 - 03/14/07 04:14 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Chitwan was the first strain I tried, in Mycobags, they're still colonizing, and that was 3 months ago (I didn't know what the hell I was doing). Too much excitement & not enough reading.

Next was Hualta Which were slow in colonizing, but fairly fast with pinning.

I've got a few mostly colonized Z strain PF jars in the incubator now also (Much faster at colonization than Hualta).

I've been saving the B+, and a few other strains to see how it goes with what I've got going now.

Keep me updated on your Hualta experience, as I stated earlier in the post, I ate what fell off, and was not displeased.

I've got some Mexicana A. Syringes saved back to give the sclerotia a try, but I believe I need to have a little more exp. before I give it a try.

Thanks
-P.M.-

--------------------

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6670850 - 03/14/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Some strains just don't attach well to the substrate, therefore they tend to pick themselves by falling over. Other strains are so well attached they leave a huge divot when you pick them. Multispore inoculation will give one strain one time and the opposite the next. It's just the luck of the draw. It's not related to anything you're doing, except handling them. They prefer to be left alone.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

Re: My shrooms are falling off their cakes in the FC !! [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6671566 - 03/15/07 03:42 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I remember having an entire tray that would "Pick them self" As soon as they were grown up some were already lying down and the others just fell over as soon as I moved the tray in the slighted bit,I wish this would happen more often than getting far ones that are so anchored down that they rip golf ball sized holes in my casing layer

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale