Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Loc: Nappy Dub
The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms
    #6667066 - 03/13/07 11:11 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

and if you don't follow the lords wishes, yet you worship him, you are a hypocrite

and you're openly going  :flipthebird:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: mungojerry]
    #6667093 - 03/13/07 11:18 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Where exactly does the Bible say that 'thou shall not eat psychedelic mushrooms?'

And as you may already know, modern Christendom is divided among a penumbra of denominations, with each denomination claiming its own unique interpretation of scripture. You cannot make a blanket statement that 'if you're a Christian and eat shrooms you are a hypocrite.' There is undoubtedly at least one sect of Christianity that would not find use of psychoactives immoral.

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6667107 - 03/13/07 11:20 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

I knew you where going to make me find it

It sais plain and simple to follow the laws of your land

but I'm tired yo

I'll find it later

Invisiblelavod
Seal Whisperer
 User Gallery

Loc: Over the rainbow
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: mungojerry]
    #6667180 - 03/13/07 11:43 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

The Bible does'nt tell anybody to do anything, it has'nt a mouth.  Therefore, it's interpretation is based upon one's thoughts, memories, and understanding of words.  Any word or passage can have multiple meanings based upon the context from which it hath arisen.
Besides, "There is no law beyond do what thou wilt"Liber AL III, 60.;)

--------------------

InvisibleMiddlemanM

#6667222 - 03/13/07 11:57 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Let not him who eats despise him who abstains, and let not him who abstains pass judgment on him who eats; for God has welcomed him. Rom.14.3

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Middleman]
    #6667259 - 03/14/07 12:14 AM (17 years, 20 days ago)

For all you fundamentalist Christians:

"All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify." 1 Corinthians 10:23

OfflineFatBath
Turtle Wannabe

Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6667875 - 03/14/07 07:46 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

The bible also says to fight the oppressor, seek justice. I suppose that justice in this sense could be sought, and actually ingesting mushrooms(in the mean time) wouldn't hold any relavence to that goal.

Now, to follow the laws of the land... do we follow the literal law, or as Americans, the constitution? I am going to make the assumption that the constitution implies using civil disobedience as is necessarry. Even, then, if that is the case, would it only be right to use psychedelics out in the open, in front of legislature, instead of making secret drug sub-culture?

Finally, I will vaguely make reference to some bible passage somewhere, where God condemns some pagans or something for seeking revelation from sticks, rocks, or a tree...? If anyone knows exactly what I'm talking about, I hope they may clear it up. I am used to the Good News Bible, and that is a lame paraphrase.

Edited by FatBath (03/14/07 07:47 AM)

OfflineTrepiodos
Disgustipated
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles County Jail
    #6667887 - 03/14/07 07:56 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

The Bible is of great use for smashing insects and cracking walnuts. It's use as a guide book for living is much less straightforward. In tough times, it will provide at least as many sheets as a roll of Charmin.

--------------------

And as things fell apart,
Nobody paid much attention...

- David Byrne, '(Nothing But) Flowers' from the Talking Heads' album, 'Naked'

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Trepiodos]
    #6667917 - 03/14/07 08:25 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

The Bible is of great use for smashing insects and cracking walnuts.

Akakakakakakka. True.

What people seem to forget about the Bible is that it was compiled over thousands of years, written by hundreds of different people and contradicts itself consistently. You can interpret just about anything you want out of the Bible. Just look at the ridiculous number of Bible codes and hidden meanings people claim to have found.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Trepiodos]
    #6668323 - 03/14/07 10:49 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

The Bible is of great use for smashing insects and cracking walnuts. It's use as a guide book for living is much less straightforward. In tough times, it will provide at least as many sheets as a roll of Charmin.

Excellent post.:thumbup:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Edited by Icelander (03/14/07 10:50 AM)

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Icelander]
    #6668369 - 03/14/07 11:05 AM (17 years, 19 days ago)

I was once assaulted with a bible.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

OfflineWScott
´ ɑ `▽ ᑲᓇᑕ
 User Gallery

Loc: Nacada
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Wasteland]
    #6668643 - 03/14/07 12:27 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Doesn't it say something like "It isn't what a man puts into his mouth that is important, it is what comes out of it" in the New Testament?

Far as I can tell the Old Testament is a retelling of a bunch of Egyptian and other ancient civilizations stories and the New Testament is the story of Jesus, in what could very well be just an allegory of the sun. It should be noted though that the character (what they did, their morals, teachings) of Jesus and the character of Buddha is remarkably similar so I don't think the NT is worth overlooking.

--------------------

OfflineWasteland
Elektromeister!
Male User Gallery

Loc: A pathetic small town in ...
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: WScott]
    #6668757 - 03/14/07 12:50 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Christianity itself was built from older religions.

The ideas of Christ, God, Heaven, Hell, Easter, Eggs, Rabbits, Christmas, Presents, Holy ghost, and Satan all come from older religions.

--------------------
The Mad Shroomer said:
People are always promising the apocalypse. They never deliver. :frown:

Invisiblemungojerry
free as a bird
Male User Gallery
Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: Wasteland]
    #6668929 - 03/14/07 01:42 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Thankyou, WScottsdale and Wasteland mind readers you are.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

#6669275 - 03/14/07 03:27 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

Christianity itself was built from older religions.

The ideas of Christ, God, Heaven, Hell, Easter, Eggs, Rabbits, Christmas, Presents, Holy ghost, and Satan all come from older religions.

It is true that many religions share some common aspects. In fact, the closer you look at religion you realize the blaring similarities within each and every religion found on this planet.

Personally, I find all religions to be equally right and equally wrong simultaneously: all religions are right in that they all point towards the "God" archetype; all religions are wrong in that they add useless man-made rules and rituals.

OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
    #6669319 - 03/14/07 03:40 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Personally, I find all religions to be equally right and equally wrong simultaneously: all religions are right in that they all point towards  the "God" archetype; all religions are wrong in that they add useless man-made rules and rituals.

here...lemme repeat that one one more time for you all, just in case someone here didn't catch on to what I was emphasizing

Quote:

all religions are wrong in that they add useless man-made rules and rituals

what else needs to be said...what else needs to be fucken said  :craven:

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Offlinefivepointer
    #6669471 - 03/14/07 04:20 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

The Bible does say that Christians should obey those in authority. The exception would be a law contrary to the Word.

The Bible is not a political book, it is a spiritual one. It has spiritual truths, not political wisdom of this world.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: fivepointer]
    #6669521 - 03/14/07 04:34 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

The Bible does say that Christians should obey those in authority. The exception would be a law contrary to the Word.

The Bible is not a political book, it is a spiritual one. It has spiritual truths, not political wisdom of this world.

Still, religion does add superfluously to our human routine of daily life. No offense to any Catholics in here, but I frankly find that saying the right Latin words over a cracker and hoping it transubstantiates into the literal body of Christ is absurd.

Religion tells people to do many things that are largely pointless and a waste of human willpower. This is exactly why I believe we should take only fractions of each religion-- observe what is good about each religion and assimilate the pieces into a comprehensive worldview. Adhering to any one certain religion results in some sort of contradiction to another religion and precipitates intolerance.

Offlinefivepointer
    #6669533 - 03/14/07 04:38 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:
Quote:

... No offense to any Catholics in here, but I frankly find that saying the right Latin words over a cracker and hoping it transubstantiates into the literal body of Christ is absurd.

I agree Roman Catholic doctrine is absurd and opposed to Christianity.

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Re: The Bible tells christians to obey the laws of the land and the law sais NOT to eat mushrooms [Re: fivepointer]
    #6669539 - 03/14/07 04:40 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Catholicism is, in my opinion, the extravagant version of Christianity. If indeed there is a "God," why would I need a pope or saint to act as a mediator between myself and "God?"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale