Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Fun w/ extractions (what not to do)
    #6648236 - 03/08/07 09:31 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

This guy was trying to reduce some solvent (naptha) for a project he was working on. His stove is gas. He knows that isn't a good idea, but he thought, why not do it outside! He got a modern camping stove w/ the very small jet flame. He thought the wind would carry any vapors away before they could get under there and ignite. Well.. he was wrong. he went downstairs for what couldn't have been more than 5 minutes and heard a pounding on his door. He looked to the back porch and saw a bunch of stuff on fire. He quickly grabbed a hose and put the fire out. BUT, at the same time at least 6 different people came into the yard to see if everything was ok. 2 looked like cops and did ask a lot of questions. about 10 minutes later the fire department showed up. The fire had been well put out by then, so they just asked a couple of questions and left.
unfortunately, the guy didnt think fast enough on his feet, and told the two guys asking questions that he was reducing a sauce outside, as it is smelly and his wife doesn't like him to do it inside. He also told told the same story to the fire fighters.
Anyone w/ any sense will know that is total BS. He's a little worried that they will come back asking more questions, but none of them stuck around for more than 10 minues or took any names or anything else.

the thing he started thinking of last night is that when he saw the fire, it was just a box and a chair on the porch on fire... but when that solvent went up.. it must have been a HUGE fireball. He doesn't know who called the fire dept, but they probably reported an explosion or something!!!

So.. that being bad enough, it was also a large batch, and $100 worth of mhrb down the drain.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: AlbertHoffmann]
    #6648241 - 03/08/07 09:34 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

doh!

--------------------
View My Gallery

Invisiblebadreligion2good
Uncertain
Male

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6648255 - 03/08/07 09:38 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

And you call yourself Albert Hoffman? Thats fucking dumb man. Next time use your head.

--------------------
All I know is that I dont know.

Row, row, row, you boat, gently down the stream.
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream.

Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

Loc: .inside a t.hundercloud.
Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #6648260 - 03/08/07 09:40 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

dude, that is definately what not to do, especially if you live in the city where you got neighbors. whenever u reduce naptha, just buy a campstove with an ELECTRIC element, of course, try not to spill any, and never leave the thing unattended. see, if you wouldnt have left you coulda put that shit out asap and avoided the entire confrontation.

p.s. when working with solvents and reductions, i generally like to extract the alkaloids from the non-polar solvent with methanol. most alkaloids i work with are highly alcohol soluble, so a quick extraction or two and you are no longer working with that oily, stinky naptha. not to mention the fact that i have yet to find an uncontaminated source of naptha anywhere but a chemical supplier, and the methanol is quite kleen.
heet, changed my life.

--------------------
Spiral out.... keep going...
spiral out!

OfflineNalim
OTD Kelly Girl
Female User Gallery

#6648261 - 03/08/07 09:41 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Shit happens:ohwell:, I don't think you'll get in any trouble with the authorities because of it..

--------------------

Rodney Brooks on Robots
Nalim said: "Quoting yourself is retarded."

OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: Nalim]
    #6648285 - 03/08/07 09:52 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

ARGGGG yes soooo stupid. He thought he had it figured out, using that small 1inch flame and a very large pot w/ the naptha on top. What he failed to remember is how HOT that camping stove gets.. It probably boiled over. It will NOT happen again.

This guy used to be really good w/ the basic chemistry. It's been 10 years, tho. Decided to order a batch of a couple of things b4 they're made illegal, as he heard that these enthogen stores have only a few months left b4 they're all taken down.

Whythewho, could you tell me more about what you do w/ the alcohol? This guys got a tun of that heat laying around.

Do you just add the heat to the np solvent and shake and separate? no ph adjustment or anything needed?

thanks

Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

#6648384 - 03/08/07 10:25 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

well i was referring to some experiments i did in dxm extraction here last spring. no adjusments were made to ph. I was working with a free-base solution of dxm. The only ph adjustment i made was in the original extraction, wherein i added ammonia to basify the polar-dxm molecules. then naptha extracted the freebase from the ammonia, the ammonia was discarded. then i added an equal amount of heet to the naptha, shook it up alot and let it sit for like 10 mins. its amazing, when you add the heet, before shaking you can see the alkaloids actually projecting themselves across the barrier between the two liquids, it looks like a whitish liquid coming down into the alcohol. i poured off the naptha, and did one more extraction with the methanol. then the methanol was evaporated outside.

i find the methanol to be a superior solvent, with no suspicious smells, and it evaporates much faster/cleaner than naptha as well, making it very useful for alcohol soluble alkaloids... hope that helps

--------------------
spiral out!

OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: whythewho]
    #6648619 - 03/08/07 11:25 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Thanks, thats what I was wondering..  My DXM days are over, tho :smile::)
tell you what, tho.  The most f'd up thing I think I've ever done was DMX and cid.  The few times I did that were the most strange alien nights I've ever had (and I've tried just about everything).  A bunch of us were walking around outside, and just stepping between lights and shadows was like walking into different dimensions.  and don't get me started on walking barefoot on damp grass..  soooo strange.

AHHH..  still so upset about that fire..  took the guy weeks to even get up the courage to order that mhrb, after all the stories he's been hearing (dmt possession includes anything w/ dmt in it.. even plants..  they dont feel that they need to make specific plants illegal anymore to prosecute)Makes me wonder when they'll just arrest random people on the street on dmt charges, seeing how it's naturally in your brain anyway.
Order again and give it one more shot.. he just doesn't know.  he still has the basified solution, but already did 3 hot pulls from it..  It's probably spent.

Uncertain
Male

#6648643 - 03/08/07 11:29 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Where have you heard stories regarding people being prosecuted for ordering DMT containing plants? What country?

--------------------

OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6648856 - 03/08/07 12:16 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

In the used to be free USA.

There was a big bust on an importer, and he was convicted. That was in the national news. Then I heard stories (this just in forums) of individuals getting a 'controlled delivery' where when they accepted their package, they got cuffed. Those are awaiting trial.

You will notice that a lot of the larger sites no longer sell MHRB or any form of dried cactus.

Uncertain
Male

#6648981 - 03/08/07 12:49 PM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Damn. I believe it, but if you have any links, I'd appreciate it.

--------------------

OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: badreligion2good]
    #6652603 - 03/09/07 11:45 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Hi, I'm still looking for where I saw those reports of individuals getting busted. I've read a tun of forums lately getting ready for this (failed) project.
I did find a link here about someone importing p.virdis into the us getting busted.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3332216/Main/3306009
it's the 9th post down.

OfflineWillsk8t4shrooms
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Utrecht, Netherlands
    #6653796 - 03/09/07 06:32 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

One time I was smoking a bong in my room and I blew the smoke in the direction of the smoke detector (unknowingly) set the alarm off and I was already completely stoned fire department came and they looked at the smoke detector and one of them sniffed the air in my room and gave me a bad look and then left nothing else came of it.lol.

--------------------

“we have some shroomers in aisle twelve, I repeat, shroomers on aisle twelve.”

OfflineDelta9Hippie
Traveler
Male

Loc: Spaceship Earth
Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: Willsk8t4shrooms]
    #6654029 - 03/09/07 07:48 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

a few more months until the shops get shut down?

--------------------
"During evolutionary time, the avenues of possible progress have become progressively restricted, until today only one remains...Man...has been suddenly appointed managing director of the biggest business of all, the business of evolution."

Life begins the day you start a garden.

Check out my trade list in My Journal...

OfflineTamadragon
Stranger
Male

Loc: CAN
Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) *DELETED* [Re: Delta9Hippie]
    #6654112 - 03/09/07 08:15 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Post deleted by Tamadragon

Reason for deletion: ... ...

--------------------
~Tama

Peace

I get real lonely

OfflineAlbertHoffmann
Professor

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: Tamadragon]
    #6656827 - 03/10/07 08:12 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

no, sorry.. the shops getting shut down thing is just speculation. Sorry to start rumors. I doubt shops will get shut down, but I do think the better things will not be offered anymore.
basically, w/ the judges we have in the courts now, they are prosecuting people who are in possession of these plant materials. You don't need mescaline.. you just need cactus to end up in jail. They no longer see the need to outlaw specific plants. If it's got a scheduled chemical in it, you can go to jail.

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

#6658177 - 03/11/07 12:35 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

haha dxm and diphenhydramine in the right doses is amazing when extracted

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Offlinewhythewho
outdoor mushroomfarmer
Male

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: thedudenj]
    #6658890 - 03/11/07 04:52 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

i agree that dxm, when properly extracted and purified, is one of my favorite drugs. but i usually choose cannabis over diphenhydramine, as the dramamine knocks my ass out.

--------------------
spiral out!

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Fun w/ extractions (what not to do) [Re: whythewho]
    #6660572 - 03/12/07 03:33 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

ha ha that in combination with dxm at proper dose is astounding

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom