Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Ayahuasca

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineshizznit
Stranger

Loc: Palatka FL
Make no mistake about it
    #6655303 - 03/10/07 11:48 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

we are on the verge of a major breakthrough in the paranormal/psychic universe. Almost no one was talking about things such as visualization/quantum physics etc. Reality in what we see as being a mere reflection of what we see in ourselves. living in the present instead of letting our minds wonder about our past achievements or our past sorrows. the "know thyself" proclamation. Your thoughts creating your reality.... All these things have to come upon us so fast that we haven't even started noticing it.

No one knows as of yet where were finally going to end up but in my opinion....

i believe we are all on the verge of some major breakthrough of the human mind. I believe wholeheartedly that within a few years, maybe months, hell it could be even days at this point. We will come across something that could change humanity forever. I believe the dream world has not yet been full explained by humanity and instead has been thrown away for the most part by the great minds as simply "the way the brain removes useless information". That CANNOT in no way explain lucid dreaming/astral projection/ or any other of the incredible phenomenons that can happen to anybody...

as already explained in the matrix.... have you ever had a dream so real... so intense... that you swore you were there.. what if you were unable to wake from this dream.. how would you know the difference between the real world.. and the dream world.

Vernon howard explained in his book "the supermind" that man is in a state of pshycic hypnosis. That man is "asleep" and doesn't even realize it. What if you were able to realize that right now in this very moment that you were in a dream, and all of a sudden all the impossibles that are impossible in your present state of reality because you "think" that you are away.. suddenly are possible because in dreams, nothing is impossible.

I read a thread about this guy who after practicing being able to go into lucid dreaming when he went to sleep that one night after he had been dreaming, he woke up on his bed and got up and told his father about his dream, who didn't seem to care. AND THEN HE WOKE UP on his bed. This time after walking out of his bedroom he heard his friend knock on the door and he went and let him in. He told his friend about how he had had a dream WITHIN a dream and his friend had replied "wow man thats crazy". AND THEN HE WOKE UP IN HIS BED. At this point he started pinching himself and doing all sorts of crazy stuff to try and figure out if he was indeed back in reality as he had known it, OR if he was still in a lucid dream.

IT really reminded me of the matrix in the begin, where neo keeps waking up within his own dreams.

just some thoughts

--------------------

Edited by shizznit (03/10/07 11:49 AM)

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineabramelin
Self proclaimedKing
Male
Loc: schweeden
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: shizznit]
    #6656014 - 03/10/07 05:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think this is a feeling that many people are experiencing NOW. (connected to 2012?!)

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

#6656049 - 03/10/07 05:32 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

sounds like crap to me
did you have to pay to have that kind of idea in your head?
we have always been
on the verge.
the verge is all we really are.
nothing new now
and 2012 is pure crap.

--------------------

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
    #6656106 - 03/10/07 05:48 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

To realize if one is dreaming or not, he or she only has to find a symbol or a group of symbols, take a good look at it/them, turn away and look at it/them again. If the symbols change, one is dreaming. If they don't, one is awake. Works every time - like a charm. The best group of symbols to find is a word - a text of any kind, but if none is available other symbols may do.

As for a major breakthrough. I'm a skeptic. The only breakthrough I see in the decades to come are the global warming, peak oil and related global economic crises and resource wars. But hey. We won't be bored.

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6656130 - 03/10/07 05:56 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Major breakthroughs are personal

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Invisibleredtailedhawk
Explorer of the Mystery
 User Gallery

Loc: The Old Continent
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6656143 - 03/10/07 05:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

True Blue. :mushroom2:

--------------------

"Who are you who live in all these many forms? You're death that captures all. You too are the source of all that's gonna be born. You're glory, mercy, peace, truth. You give calm a spirit, understanding, courage, the contented heart."

Offlinethreadstarter
Stranger

Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: redtailedhawk]
    #6660623 - 03/12/07 06:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I think this breakthrough might be what will happen in December, 2012.

I think that there is a 50% chance that the life I know is just a dream. When you're dreaming, you sometimes feel with 100% certainty that you're awake. But when you wake up, you realize, maybe you were only 99% sure because now you feel even more certain. But what if one day, we were to awake from all this and realize that hey, maybe you were only 99% sure that THIS was real? And in your first dream, you were only 98% sure... it was a dream within a dream. So what if this life I know is just a big dream? What if we have countless big dreams like this in our lives? What about re-incarnation? Maybe each one of our previous lives were just dreams that we have forgotten.

And what if our dreams aren't just dreams within a dream? What if each one of them is a dream within a dream within a dream? What if this goes on to infinity?

Also, to the person who said all you have to do is use symbols to know if you're dreaming or not, I'm skeptycal about that, because everything I've been told about dreams has turned out to be false. People say you can't dream in color, you can't feel pain, and you can't read in dreams. Well, all of those things happen in my dreams.

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: threadstarter]
    #6660882 - 03/12/07 11:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

No one has a solid fact about what dreaming is. We've all got an opinion on what i MIGHT be though.

what threadstarter said could very well be true. Heck everytime you go to sleep and wake up again, that could be you going into another dream but instead of realizing this we just think of it as another day in life.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Rabbit Hole
    #6660921 - 03/12/07 11:49 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

That CANNOT in no way explain lucid dreaming/astral projection/ or any other of the incredible phenomenons that can happen to anybody...

Lucid dreaming is nothing new. It's been happening to humans throughout recorded history. I see nothing special in it other than it can be fun to experience.

As for astral projection and all the rest, it's all a fantasy made up by people who WANT it to be true and are unwilling to look at the available data objectively. If that were not the case, controlled experiments to test astral projection would have found something by now.

To-date, it has never been the case that someone who claims to astral project has been able to tell a researcher what page the phone book in the next room is open to.

Until someone demonstrates that simple task, astral projection and all other paranormal baloney belong in the same category as the Tooth Fairy. :shrug:

Prove me wrong. Conclusively demonstrate astral projection and the world will be eternally grateful. Don't demonstrate it, and you're all talk, just like every other mystic I've ever met.

--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Diploid]
    #6661087 - 03/12/07 01:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

how are you going to examine something thats in the spiritual realm with physical instruments. It's like trying to get A + A to equal 2.

--------------------

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
    #6661097 - 03/12/07 01:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

how are you going to examine something thats in the spiritual realm

Supernatural things are beyond the scope of objective testing, however, the claims of self-deluded mystics to astral project can be, and have been, easily tested.

Those who claim they can 'astral project' claim to be able to see their own body from above, the goings on in other rooms nearby, the roof of the building and so on.

A test of these claims doesn't even require special equipment or setup. Just open a phone book to some random page and place it in the room next to the self-described astral projector.

Either he will or will not accurately state what page the phone book is open to. It's simple, and so far, despite many attempts, no one has ever been able to simply do what they say they can do.

Why is it so hard for mystics to actually do what they say they can do?

I'll tell you why: because they're all talk, and talk is cheap.

Prove me wrong. Please.

--------------------
Republican Values:

3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

OfflineGrok
Has Been a Bad Boy
 User Gallery

Loc: Greener Pastures
    #6661155 - 03/12/07 01:59 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I actually agree with the original poster. Something BIG IS happening, I assure you. I'd bet anyone $1000 that within the next 5 years, there will be utterly radical changes in the world beyond the likes of which you've ever imagined. I don't claim to know what the true significance of 2012 is or if there is even any significance, but from my own experience alone, I can tell you that the human potential is SO MUCH greater than we now know. We are perched from a metamorphosis of sorts; a RAPID evolution of consciousness.

Personally I believe 'this' to be a dream (more of a nigtmare) that we can awaken from; and when we are fully awakened, we will see that there is no need for sleep...or anything else. Our minds are much more evolved than we realzie...there is SO much more than the five-senses percieve! Everything we imagine is possible. Do you really think that this is the best that an unlimited source of love and infnite creativity could come up with? Humanity seems like a massive fuckup but I firmly hold that nature makes no mistakes and nothing is a coincidence. It seems like we're fucked the way we're going...but I firmly hold that this is the Earth's way of making up confront our own fears...and discover that ALL of them are COMPLETELEY irrational...even death. It's all like a huge joke because there is NOTHING to be afaraid of AT ALL.

I think that this shift will come from a universal understanding of life itself that will unite humanity, ultimately we are all One, we are all connected...with the entire universe/God.

I know this from my own expereince, many close to me have also had the same experience and have a radically different perspective on life now. Experience is the only truthful place to speak from because that 's all life is; experience, and that's all the proof I need. I have seen what it possible and I know how to get there...as One. Deny it all you want. But I challenege anyone in here to explain why it is we can even *experience* denial.

Do Ourself a favor and evolve your consciousness, heal yourself, DECIDE why you are alive, don't keep wondering why. LIVE YOUR TRUTH.

I higly advocate DMT/Ayahuasca/psychedelics in geneal taken in natural settings. You can *know* of all of this yourself.

--------------------
Entropy is increasing.
To send me a PM, go to my journal

Edited by cilosyb (03/12/07 02:05 PM)

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Grok]
    #6661188 - 03/12/07 02:17 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Something BIG IS happening, I assure you.

You can assure all you want but that don't make it so. This assuring has been going on all through recorded history.:tongue:

About this bet. Can you make some specific predictions here. Are you willing to have this money held in an account that would go to the winner in a binding legal agreement. I might be interested then.:D

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Icelander]
    #6661341 - 03/12/07 03:11 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I higly advocate DMT/Ayahuasca/psychedelics in geneal taken in natural settings. You can *know* of all of this yourself.

I always find it amusing how people take a HALLUCINOGEN, then proceed to believe that what they HALLUCINATED was somehow real. :rofl2:

About this bet. Can you make some specific predictions here. Are you willing to have this money held in an account that would go to the winner in a binding legal agreement. I might be interested then.

Me too!

Let's see a mystic put their money where their mouth is for a change.

I'll put up $1,000 in escrow any time a mystic backs up their hot air with cash.

Any takers?

Note to audience: this scenario has played out in this forum countless times. If history is any guide, not one of the bullshitters will take the bet, but they'll come up with dozens of excuses.

--------------------
Republican Values:

Offlineleery11
I Tell You What!

#6661419 - 03/12/07 03:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

what do you take hallucinagens for diplod?

--------------------
I am the MacDaddy of Heimlich County, I play it Straight Up Yo!

....I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow, to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human......
Om Namah Shivaya, I tell you What!

InvisibleDiploidM
Cuban

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: leery11]
    #6661486 - 03/12/07 04:03 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Self-discovery, learning to see things from new perspectives, improving my chess game (serious!), bonding with friends, having fun...

Why do you take them?

--------------------
Republican Values:

OfflinechemiKalz
u r tripp0r?
Male

Loc: upstate ny
Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: redgreenvines]
    #6661503 - 03/12/07 04:08 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

redgreenvines said:
sounds like crap to me
did you have to pay to have that kind of idea in your head?
we have always been
on the verge.
the verge is all we really are.
nothing new now
and 2012 is pure crap.

--------------------

Invisibleelbisivni Happy Birthday!
    #6661585 - 03/12/07 04:27 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

We will come across something that could change humanity forever

We come across things every day that do change humanity forever.

I doubt anything highly incredible is going to happen any time soon, I do have my hopes though. "Expect the worst, prepare for the worst, hope for the best." That way when nothing happens and I'm old and close to death I won't feel like I was cheated out of an experience because I reallly *thought* something was going to happen way back then.

--------------------
From dust you are made and to dust you shall return.

InvisibleVeritas
 User Gallery
    #6661600 - 03/12/07 04:31 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Reality in what we see as being a mere reflection of what we see in ourselves. living in the present instead of letting our minds wonder about our past achievements or our past sorrows. the "know thyself" proclamation. Your thoughts creating your reality.... All these things have to come upon us so fast that we haven't even started noticing it.

Actually, all of these ideas have been around for thousands of years, (see: Buddhism, Taoism, Greek philosophers) and have been known to the few & disregarded by the masses.  Perhaps that is the way of humanity.  :shrug:

My question to anyone who is waiting for 2012 to happen to them: what are you doing about it today?

Too often those who long for change forget that they are (potentially) an agent of change.  If not you, who?  If not now, when?

IMO, the ideal of an enlightened society, a world as one, will be realized one person at a time.  Enlightenment en masse is a pipe dream.

Edited by Veritas (03/12/07 04:34 PM)

Offlineshizznit
Stranger

Re: Make no mistake about it [Re: Veritas]
    #6661650 - 03/12/07 04:42 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

diploid > Self-discovery, learning to see things from new perspectives

thats a form of mysticism in and of itself lol. And i'm not a master at it, i'm merely a beginning student of it. Trust me if vernon howard or socrates or plato or aristotle was here, they'd gladly go ahead and twist your words around and around with little effort. I'm not going to defend it because it's not my position to do so; it'd be like an algebra student trying to prove to a physics student how effective calculus/geometry is.

Quote:

Diploid said:

I always find it amusing how people take a HALLUCINOGEN, then proceed to believe that what they HALLUCINATED was somehow real. :rofl2:

what do percieve as real? if real is what you can feel, what you can taste, what you can touch... then real is simply electrical reactions interpeted by the brain. It's true if you change a certain section of your DNA then the wall you percieve as being blue can in the next instant and for eternity with your new DNA code be red. So once again, what do you percieve as real? How do you know that what you hallucinate isn't real? It's the same neuro transmitters that tell your brain what something tastes like, what something smells like, it's the same electrical reactions you know. You contradicted yourself.

If i don't have full knowledge then it's not my right to defend it but merely to express it. You don't believe any of it then thats fine, there's plenty of others like you who once thought the world was flat and called people who thought it was round crazy.

--------------------

Edited by shizznit (03/12/07 04:59 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Ayahuasca

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology