Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Need advice on some sort of social anxiety
    #6652780 - 03/09/07 12:37 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Hey guys, I come to you for input/advice.  I'm going to be as honest as I can.  Ok.. here it goes.

This started right when I was getting out of high school (18).  I would have this weird thing where I would visualize violent/highly inappropriate things when I was talking to someone.  I would cringe when I thought it so it was nothing I wanted to think.  Nor does it make me want to do those things.  Its was rather unsettling and very distracting.  I couldn't do anything but ignore it.  So after totally ignoring it, it died away.

Now I'm 20.  I've been developing a this horrible social anxiety.  Anytime I'm on the spot with anything.. I start to get really nervous.  This happens mainly with talking to people.  Like on the phone or in person.  And this is with really good friends and family.  I think the thought of not making sense and analyzing language to death is what's causing it.  My face also turns red on a fucking dime.  And knowing my face is red makes me nervous my face will turn red in front of people.  This happens in class or talking about any questionable subject matter at the dinner table.

Now that image thing is coming back.  Its pretty fucked up..  I mean, I don't show any sign its happening and don't acknowledge it at all but my mind isn't filtering it out like it should. 

So what does everyone think?  I'm not giving into this shit.  Rather I'm fighting it.  I've been trying to force my self to really just focus on putting my self in tough situations and filter out the thought of people watching me.  I'm not currently smoking or doing any other drugs besides drinking a few cups of tea a day.  I'm not in the best shape, but I hike every week and use my own body weight to work out.  Oh, and one more thing.  None of this happens when I'm alone.. so I don't think its any kind of permanent mental disorder.   

Thanks Guys.  :heart:

--------------------
Shroomery Composition Contest

Edited by Toddo (03/09/07 12:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMr420
Stranger
Male

Loc: Oompa loompa land
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: Toddo]
    #6652850 - 03/09/07 01:01 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Definetly talk to a real doc,you gonna need some meds to assist at first.Probly valium or similar will help in the now,which will help you fight it mentaly for later.

I understand you so clearly,believe it or not I had social anxiety disorder so bad me posting on this board was a challenge now I am getting out and meeting new people even went to concerts for the first time in years so take my word for it YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!It will be hard but you can.
Need any support don't hesitate to talk to me,and many props for making this post.

--------------------

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: Mr420]
    #6652914 - 03/09/07 01:18 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Thanks man.  I honestly believe I'm not in need of meds.  I still see it as a manageable problem that can be worked on and beat.  I still can function fine in my everyday and I'm very conscious of this problem.  I can tell when it gets worse or better. And right now, its  pretty steady..  If I see it spiral out of control, I'll definitely seek some professional attention, but at this point I'm going to try and just challenge my self to work past it.  Congrats on coming this far. :thumbup: :smile:

What sorts of things did you do to improve and break free from the anxiety?  One thing that helps me most is staying in good shape.  (which I'm not really in right now)  During the points in my life where I'm running and lifting, I became much more clear minded and have little to no social anxiety.

--------------------

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
    #6652993 - 03/09/07 01:43 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Practice. Engage store clerks, bus stop strangers, etc in conversations. If you get a negative result, don't get hung up on it. Just act in spite of the fear, and you'll see it dissipate gradually, until you wonder what you were afraid of.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #6653059 - 03/09/07 02:06 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

i used to have bad social anxiety but it has pretty much gone away unless im going somewhere alone that im unsure about. but whenever i have someone there with me its nonexistant. now i have a girlfriend and we do everything together and i never worry about a thing when i am in public. the most important thing i can stress is that medicine, valium in particular, may cure anxiety temporarily but it isnt long lasting. It took me a year long addiction to realize that. The best cure i know for social anxiety is a girlfriend.

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
    #6653129 - 03/09/07 02:22 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

My social anxiety was over after I took bigger amounts of mushrooms. I don't really like to be social and hang out with a lot of people, but at least I don't get freaked by it anymore. And I can connect to people so easy after my "mushroom cure".
And for God's sake, DON'T take meds... they will fuck you up.
Take care and find your own cure... YOURSELF :cool:

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Offlinekotik
fuckingsuperhero
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #6653582 - 03/09/07 04:59 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:
Practice. Engage store clerks, bus stop strangers, etc in conversations. If you get a negative result, don't get hung up on it. Just act in spite of the fear, and you'll see it dissipate gradually, until you wonder what you were afraid of.

co-sign. you may want to look into NLP as well, as it provides lots of insight into the world of communication and social skills. Some people are born/raised into having wonderful social skills, and some people have to learn it over time.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6661527 - 03/12/07 02:15 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Well, I cannot personally say that I have any experience with social anxiety other than a good childhood friend of mine. He lived down the block from me, real nice guy and funny as hell, but when we got into high school, he began to show real strange behavior. We had a set of guys that we hung out with and he was comfortable with, but whenever he was placed in a situation outside of our group, he would clam up, not speak, become angry, always try to get us to leave. To a point where it would get annoying i.e. him wanting to leave a party that contained a lot of single women and then get mad at me because I wouldn't leave with him to go "look for something better". Needless to say, we weren't too close. We went to different colleges and I would see him when I came home, but he had slipped into a real depressed state when he went off to school due to his own self-induced isolation. He then went through a phase where he would come out with us, talk to people, but only when he was drunk and he would say embaressing things to people. Well, we're 26 now and I have started to develop a relationship with him again. He is a smart guy and I can empathise with his pain a bit more now having been through some issues myself. He has come out of his shell, is much more social, doesn't make a fool out of himself anymore.
I finally asked him what he did, and he told me he has been on medication for the past 2 years. I know you feel as if you can manage this on your own without any "help" and I get it. But I hope you will at least think about it in a different way. Right now, you are sick. Something is going on in your head that you can't control. I'm sure your brain chemicals are out of whack and causing you to feel the way you do. If you had the flu, you would take medicine to feel better, right? Well, what is so different about this? Don't be embaressed that you need help. Don't get caught up in the stigma that people who take mental medication are weak or taking the easy way out. That's not the truth. The truth is if something isn't right, you're going to need some help to make it better.

Hope that helps.

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineToddo
Stranger
Male

Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: DrCamacho89]
    #6661856 - 03/12/07 03:41 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Thanks for posting everyone.  I really appreciate the responses.  AS you might have guessed,  this is a pretty difficult subject to go over.  This is probably one of the few places I feel comfortable enough talking about something like this. 

I think one really difficult thing for me is that my case is not mild enough for me to ignore it but not sever enough for anyone to notice off the bat.  I realize that I have a problem.  That's been identified.  Its just very particular.  I actually enjoy speaking with total strangers.  I'm not any sort of recluse.  I always smile at people and say hello when passing.  I spark up the random conversations.  I can hold an interesting conversation. 

Its more of a split case.  I have a bad case of "stage fright".  When a number of people are watching me I kind of get lost in the analyzing of my own words and end up just totally blanking out.  Oh, and of course a bright red face for good measure.  Now I think this might just be a lack of confidence.  I don't perceive my self as ugly..  But i don't find myself attractive ether.  I do find that when I'm in better shape and exercise more often my confidence gets a huge boost..and so does my clarity when speaking in front of groups of people. 

Now, its a little different when speaking with people I've known for a long time.  I'm almost getting this thought that they expect something out of me when I speak.  And when I'm telling something as basic as a story, the thought of fucking up and getting that "blank out" is lingering in the corners as I speak.  Its more of a nuisance then anything.  I rarely let it materialize.. but the fact its there and it could be materialized is whats so wearing and annoying.  It lingerers just like the problem I get with my overactive mind.

This happened a few times (the thing where I'd imagine inappropriate events as some spoke to me) and now I think its almost caused by me thinking "oh shit..what if I thought of this?"  It turned from a random thought firing to me expecting it and trying to ignore it.  So I think thats something that I can let blow over.  As bad as the last thing sounds, its really the least problematic.. but at the same time,  I see them as all being linked together

My faith in medication treating mental disorders has been severally shaken.  I won't get into it but its based on personal experience.  Tho.. I will not leave this out of the equation and will keep it as a LAST resort. 

So, I have a backpacking class, weight training class, and Krav maga lesions all starting up in the very near future.  I'm going to really keep an eye on how things fair, push myself into speaking in front of groups, and work on keeping a clear mind when speaking. 

Feel free to comment.  Feels good to get this stuff out.  :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Toddo (03/12/07 03:46 PM)

OfflineDrCamacho89
Mazel Tuff
Male

#6663190 - 03/12/07 10:21 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Hey Man, what's right for the banana is not always right for the bunch. I have to be honest, my endorsement for medication is from personal experience as well. I had hit rock bottom, not from drugs, but in retrospect I had a drinking problem. I had an 80 hour a week stressful low paying job (well, low paying for New York, which is where I was living at the time). I completely burned out to a point where I was suicidal. I resisted drugs like the plague, I was finally convinced and I guess you can call it a last resort as well. I suffered through two drugs that weren't right for me, fucked me up worse. Then, the last one was a different kind, it worked with different chemicals. So I agreed to try it. I actually didn't have any side effects and 3 weeks later, I snapped back to life. Don't get me wrong, they're not miracle drugs, what they did for me was give me the energy and motivation that were completely wiped from my brain, so I could think and distinguish what the hell was going on with me. I still get depressed, especially in the winter, that will never go away. However the drug helps me think clearly to prepare for it and recognize the signs early so I can do something about it. Reading your posts, you seem like you have a good handle on what's going on. If medication isn't your bag, I totally get it. The classes and the reflection might be your best weapon here. Good luck, I think if you asked around, you will find that all of us suffer from some sort of tendency to be self critical and unconfident. You just need to figure out how to handle it in your case. I tell you what, I am out of shape too right now and it changes your outlook on life. When you're in good shape, you can always rely on the old standby positive thought, "Well, at least I have my health".

Plus, it don't hurt with the ladies if ya know ma mean?

--------------------
"The Highways of Life are Paved with Flat Squirrels who Couldn't Make Up Their Minds"

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Loc: Ice patches that last for...
    #6663456 - 03/12/07 11:59 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:

Great advice to this particular situation

Offlinetools_n_corpses
why did i choosethis name
Male
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: Spooge]
    #6667205 - 03/13/07 11:50 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Hey Toddo, I've been going through this myself, in a sort of very on-and-off way. For some period of time there is no problem, for some periods there is a very big problem, and for other periods its somewhere inbetween.

I think a third of the problem for me has been existential and identity-related, causing general anxiety, and trying to fix that up often has got me a little lost in philosophy, so much that I'll think about extremely profound questions and/or ideas when I'm in the middle of a conversation or trying to have a good time, making it hard to keep track of things and making the anxiety a little worse.

Another third of the problem seems/seemed to be the general emotional abuse I've received from a poor choice of friends and a very chaotic childhood, coupled with a society in a very strong opposition to what I believe life should be about, which left me distrustful of myself and very bitter and reactionary. In psychological terms I guess I set up a very intense emotional barrier between myself and the outside world and breaking that down later left me in very anxious states.

The last third seems to be as a result of physical health- mostly the amount of sleep I've been getting, but also my diet and lack of exercise was leaving my body in very poor shape. What essentially happens then is all your emotions sort of blend into one, and it sort of physically hurts to feel anything. This is MOSTLY caused by sleep deprivation and/or exhaustion, but also by the poor physical health which through things as simple as an increased heart rate can bring on anxiety.

I said all this hoping you might get a little perspective on the problem, so that you might be able to identify the network of causes behind it.

My first and foremost recommendation would be EXERCISE! Jogging and weight exercises for your muscle groups with just a pair of dumbbells will work wonders for you. It will help you to grasp - by force - that clear state of mind where you understand what you want/need and know how to move towards it. It will also get your biological processes back in order. --Your body has evolved around a lifestyle of very frequent exercise.

So good luck! Happiness is there for the taking if you're deadset enough...

What I personally need right now, is an LSD trip and a lover.  :psychsplit:

--------------------
"Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
"

Edited by tools_n_corpses (03/14/07 12:01 AM)

OfflineXUL
OTD Janitor
Male User Gallery

Loc: America Flag
    #6671955 - 03/15/07 09:14 AM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Yo man.

1. Dont drink, it makes anxiety much much worse. I would drink on the weekend, then on monday I would be freaking out.. then by the end of the week I would be back to normal.

2. Yea weed, that causees anxiety for sure. Temporary for me. Just at the time of being high.

3. exercise for sure. I do pushups. Do alot of exersise. It builds selfeseem.

4. Id say before you go get xanax, try some herbal shit. Although I used xanax. I just got some illegaly and it helped alot. Just having it helps.

anxiety is hell man. We both know it. I have been trying to change my thoughts from.. omg omg they are watching and judging into, im cool, whats for dinner tonight. etc..

I dunno im no expert tho. Thats just what I do

peace and goodluck

--------------------
TRUMP 2020

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #6673598 - 03/15/07 04:30 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Yo man.. you sound like me.
Here's what I would do:

Go deep into your brain. Pinpoint the exact source of this social anxiety, whether it be a single experience or a collection of them. Replay those experiences and 'observe' yourself from a third person perspective how you react to them emotionally. Negative.. positive.. or neutral? Find the source memory that you perhaps saw in a wildly skewed way, and change your position on it. Change your mind about it. Because what happens, is that we attach "charges" to experiences, whether he like them, or dislike them, or are neutral.. before they are stored away in the memory bank. Over time, these skewed perspectives can effect your judgement in other cases, and lead you to make more bad decisions. Ask yourself if holding onto this memory in it's current form is worth how severely it effects your life in the present.

Now then, that you've found the source thought, the source judgement.. experience.. tragedy.. whatever that happened.. you must now change your perspective on it. Release the ties that bind you to that polarity, understand and comprehend the scenario in a new light.

It sounds to me.. based on what you said, that you repressed a 'negative' thought process, instead of confronting it and understanding it and transcending it... and somehow for some reason you think it's effecting your social anxiety now.

Basically, it all stems from the source. Find the source of the problem, and fix it.. then work your way up.

I have/had a similar condition.. especially in groups of people where attention may be placed on me. I would just blank out from over-analyzing everything too much. Which of course kills any bit of creativity you may have lying around.

The secret to flushing it out, is to be spontaneous and creative.. and also DEAL with the problems.. put yourself in ackward situations, deal with uncomfortable emotions... WORK THROUGH IT. Understand it, then you can transcend it. Just go with the flow.

Also meditation does wonders for any kind of anxiety.
And massage. And herbs. And healthy diet. And lots of water. And sunshine.

FUCK pharmies

--------------------

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
    #6674536 - 03/15/07 08:58 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Something simple you can try is switching to decaf tea. Caffeine can cause anxiety. On the other hand, tea contains theanine which can reduce anxiety.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theanine

If at some point you would like to try something herbal, I would suggest kanna. I've tried at least 30 mood elevating and stabilizing herbs, kanna is #1 in my book especially for social anxiety. In my experience, it's important the kanna is whole herb and not an extract. Chewing it in a piece of gum works best for me. Many vendors sell inferior kanna, it's important that the product is quality. Kanna works by stabilizing serotonin, dopamine, adrenaline, and nicotine neurons in the brain. Kanna is also a euphoriant and empathogen, like MDMA and can be quite recreational. No serious adverse effects have been recorded even with daily use.

http://www.sceletium.org/

There's plenty of other herbs out there that will also help, any kind of adaptogen is good, preferably the calming ones in cases of anxiety, such as ashwagandha. Mulungu and dan shen have a partial-benzo effect on the brain, I have personally tried mulungu and it works very well.

Just throwing some options out there, if you can work things out in your own mind that would probably be best. I've recently taken up meditation and the results have been very good. The violent imagery thing is something I had at one time, maybe from playing highly violent video games for six hours a day, it was just a phase for me. I wouldn't worry about it too much if it's not getting progressively worse.

Offlinetools_n_corpses
why did i choosethis name
Male
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: Neon]
    #6675143 - 03/15/07 11:12 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

Thanks for that info Neon. I think I'll check kanna out since its natural. What was your daily dosage (mg) and how often?

--------------------
"Misery only doth exist, none miserable,

No doer is there; naught save the deed is found.

Nirvana is, but not the man who seeks it.

The Path exists, but not the traveler on it.
"

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: tools_n_corpses]
    #6675240 - 03/15/07 11:37 PM (17 years, 18 days ago)

About 125mg, twice a day, chewed in a piece of gum. Once in the morning, and again about 8-10 hours later. As little as 50mg can be effective, beyond 200mg may be intoxicating. I suggest doing a bit of experimentation to see what feels right, and then sticking with it for at least a couple weeks. Check PMs.

Edited by Neon (03/16/07 12:43 AM)

Offlineranke
Space Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Portland Oregon
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: Neon]
    #6676410 - 03/16/07 11:13 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

As much as people want to suggest a simple fix like cutting something out of your diet or taking some herb problems are rarely that simple, and tools remember natural is meaningless as far as safety goes. Natural in the context of drugs (recreational and medicinal) means nothing more than occuring in nature. Keep in mind that arsenic compounds appear in nature yet they are deadly in fairly small quantities. Use your head, just because something is "natural" doesn't mean it's safe or better than a synthetic alternitive. Toddo I suggest trying a low dose anti anxiety medication. I have social anxiety that sounds almost identical to yours. The in class speaking sounds the most similer. When I try to talk in class I get so flustered and my speach gets so erratic that I come off nuts because nothing makes any sense. As if my brain can't put out my perfectly formulated arguement verbally. Practice can help but so can medication, it won't "fuck you up" if you use it responsibly. If you go to a doctor they will try to give you propanolol or some other adrengenic antagonist. Don't let them, if they ask you "do you suffer from situational or general anxiety" answer general, otherwise you will get the beta blocker. General will get you a benzo. I would suggest shooting for .25mg alprazolam (xanax) it's a small dose that won't impaire you much but help a lot of with anxiety.

InvisibleNeon
Stranger
Male
Re: Need advice on some sort of social anxiety [Re: ranke]
    #6676667 - 03/16/07 12:34 PM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Plenty of people make progress by cutting things out of their diet, and I must say I believe, in general, natural is safer. Not because natural medicine is chemically safer or anything, but because this medicine has been tested and used for hundreds or thousands of years. We know what kind of effect these herbs have had on past civilizations in the long term, we don't really know what's gonna happen twenty years down the road from now with the way these SSRIs, benzos, sleeping drugs and ADD drugs are being prescribed like candy.

The first day I took kanna my depression and anxiety were gone. I went from crying every night to not crying for over six months straight. I was agoraphobic prior to taking kanna, hadn't left the house in over a year. Two weeks after I started taking kanna I wasn't afraid to go outside anymore.

Lots of these herbs work, but they have to be quality. Buying some powdered herb pills off a shelf at the supermarket that have been sitting for years probably isn't going to do a whole lot of good. Trying more than one herb may be necessary, maybe taking more than one at a time may be necessary too. Most medicinal herbs have more than one beneficial effect, for example kanna cleans toxins from the body. Most of these pharms only have bad side effects to go along with their prescribed effect.

I think it's unfortunate so many people want to try pharms right off the bat. Why not try adjusting one's diet to see if it helps rather than covering up the problem with drugs? Why not try some herbs that have a wide range of beneficial and healthy effects on the body before trying pills? Sure, some .25mg benzos now and then isn't really a problem, I just don't see the need when there may be healthier alternatives.

I'm sure there are people who can and do benefit from modern pharms, but it seems most folks are using them as a quick fix, it's just a lot easier to take a pill than tweak one's diet and exercise regime, working with a psychologist, studying meditation, or finding herbs that work for you, or even a combination of all of the above. I'm of the opinion most modern pharms should be a last resort and not a quick fix. I understand some poor folks wait until they are at their breaking point before they seek help, in these situations benzos or other pharms may be a good temporary aid, but many of these same people end up taking the drugs for years. There may also be people who's only hope is modern medicine, but I believe there aren't nearly as many of these people as we are told.

I took SSRIs for depression for 2 years, my doctor only saw me once, never asked me to try changing my diet (fast food mainly) or try exercising (rare) or visit a psychologist. Unfortunately many doctors could care less about our health if the problem can't be solved in 15 minutes.

Just my point of view, I of course have my biases. Sorry for rambling folks this post got a little long.

Edited by Neon (03/16/07 12:42 PM)

Offlinepsychonautix
21st CenturySchizoid Man
Male

Loc: 3532i 122393j 243509k
    #6679298 - 03/17/07 03:21 AM (17 years, 17 days ago)

Quote:

WhiskeyClone said:

This dude knows what he is talking about.

And I thought I was completely alone in feeling this anxiety you have described. It manifested itself in the exact same ways... Its comforting to know that we arent alone in this thing.

I think thats another point you can try to remember to help with this sort of thing. It helped me to remember, everyone deals with this in one way or another. Its the fear. People may not let it show, but everyone, and I mean everyone deals with feelings like this, if someone says that they don't then let me just be the first person to say they are a liar.

Once you realize that you really arent different from anyone else in that regard I think you will be able to overcome your anxiety a little easier.

As that other dude already stated, practice makes perfect. And doing things to boost your confidence is good as well. As a part of my decision to overcome my anxiety I started working at Starbucks. One of the most socially engaging places to work at, ever. It is expected of you to be socially adept. And trust me, its tough at first. But after a while of trying, you find what works and what doesnt. Before too long you have encountered a huge spectrum of people and general social interactions. This gives you a good base of experience to work from in your choosen social path.

I would like know a couple of things though.

What psychadellics have you used?
Have you always felt this way, or is the anxiety about speech and social situations a relatively new thing?
When "blank" occurs, could you say that you feel semi dizzy, almost spacey, as though you had just been hit, or missed an entire minute of a conversation?
(if you have any exp with LSD paranoia, that is, anxiety during an akward trip)Does the feeling of anxiety resemble LSD anxiety?

As a final note, I would just like to make the suggestion that when someone tells you, "Take it easy," you stop and listen. Dont think that they are saying that because they think you're a tweak. But rather try and understand it as it was intended, that is, understand it as a reminder, (which is given out pretty much at random), to really take life as it comes. Dont be apathetic, just remember that in general, one failed conversation doesnt decide yourr fate with any given person. And if it does, they still have their own stuff to sort out, dont let it drag you down.

OK I think thats enough drunken rambling for me,

Hope this helps in some way, and I look forward to hearing your answers to the questions.

--------------------
Elevate Organically.

Edited by psychonautix (03/17/07 03:23 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds