Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Oh hell. not again
    #6651264 - 03/08/07 11:23 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

yo yo yo, To those of you who have anticipated this, im heeere.
now, i know last time i gave 3 prints away, today, im sorry, i can give only 1., strain MEX Albino.
For those who doubted me last time,. feel free to check my trades, as the first of my free spores were just recieved by the closest geographicly to me.

The question is... and you need to know the speed of light...
If youre on top of a train, moving 65 m.p.h, and shine a flashlight ahead of you, How fast is the light traveling foreward?
In order to get the mex spores,....
1.. tell me the speed of light.
2. tell me the speed of whitch the light will travel when on the train.
For example, if a train is moving 65 mph,, and someone on top of it throws a 50 mph ball,, for a short time the ball will be traveling 115 mph, So, with that said.. get thinking!.
1 hint,, its soo much easier than it seems.

--------------------
sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:
When i cut the stem, it turned blue fast. Is this normal?
GET DOWN WITH THE NOOB TEK!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6607835&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post6607835

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Re: Oh hell. not again [Re: I8thesh400m]
    #6651280 - 03/08/07 11:25 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

In my first giveaway, i posted a riddle, whitch wasnt the smartes, since it can be interpereted in different ways, Well this has only 1 correct answer, and the first to post it gets it,.
By the way, this is einstein or however u spell that geniuses name.
I think its called, The theory of relative motion, Whitch has since been proved, but it may be called differently, sorry if so, but the deals still on,, good luck!

--------------------
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6607835&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post6607835

InvisibleStonerguy
I smoke penis
Male

Loc: Lost
    #6651293 - 03/08/07 11:28 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

1. 700 million miles an hour
2. 700 million miles an hour

--------------------
yawn...
SG

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

#6651305 - 03/08/07 11:30 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Im going to go play san andreas and kill some hookers, But hey, ill look back in in 15 minutes, and the first person to answer this, if they like, will recieve a free spore print.
If they answer it, but do not wish for a print, ill change the question, or give it to the second to answer it, depending on times.
Off to play the game, and good luck again:grin:

--------------------

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

#6651308 - 03/08/07 11:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Dear stoner guy, I have no clue if light goes 700 million miles in a hour!.... But, since both 1 and 2 are the same, i see you understand the concept of light, and general relitivity.
You win, if youre interested in a free print, feel free to check my ratings and if you feel comfortable, pm me where to send it to.
If not, then post on here, and ill change the question for someone who wants it!.
congrats!

--------------------

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

#6651359 - 03/08/07 11:46 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Well fuck, Im trying to be kind, and by the looks of it, he was fucking with me.
If not, my apoligies, and youlle still win a print.
No matter how fast the flashlight is traveling, the light will remain at the same speed, meaning that if a flashlight was moving 2 mph faster than light, in theory... then the light would actually move backwards!, freaky isnt it?
Well... if he dont respond ill come here tomorrow and post another question for those who really wish to compete, and if he does message me, then ill come and give a different spore strain.
Good night shroomery.
stoner, im going to bed, if you wish, pm me and ill get it on its way

--------------------

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

#6651403 - 03/09/07 12:05 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

...you know, the speed of light aint a constant anymore =p
Scientists HAVE broken the speed of light.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2000/07/20/speedlight000720.html

Quote:

"It raced so fast the pulse exited a specially-prepared chamber before it even finished entering it."

Quote:

For the experiment, the researchers manipulated a vapour of laser-irradiated atoms that boost the speed of light waves causing a pulse that shoots through the vapour about 300 times faster than it would take the pulse to go the same distance in a vacuum.

Light travels slower in any medium more dense than a vacuum, which has no density at all. For example, light travelling through glass slows to two-thirds its speed in a vacuum. If the glass is altered, the light can be slowed even further.

The NEC team produced the opposite effect. Inside a chamber, they changed the state of a vapour in a way that light travelling through it would travel faster than normal.

When the pulse of light travelled through the vapour, the pulse reconfigured as some component waves stretched and others compressed. As the waves approached the end of the chamber, they recombined, forming the original pulse.

The key to the experiment was that the pulse reformed before it could have gotten there by simply travelling through empty space. This means that, when the waves of the light distorted, the pulse traveled forward in time.

The NEC researchers published their results in this week's issue of the journal Nature.

it's sort of like teleporting light.

--------------------

OfflineColbadol
Reality Mechanic
Male

Re: Oh hell. not again [Re: Colbadol]
    #6651443 - 03/09/07 12:19 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

oh, um speed of light is:

299,792,458 m/s
1,079,252,848.8 km/h
670,616,629.384 mi/h

what's crazy is that int he olden days, the way that they tested for this was to have mirrors on top of mountains which were miles away. The one guy would have a light source, and the other mountain had a mirror. They would actually measure the time it took for the light to go from the source, to the mirror, and back again.
...or so they say. it's not like that ever worked.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract