Home | Community | Message Board

Reliable Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Air Pump, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDrB
Stranger
 User Gallery

2 stupid questions
    #6650035 - 03/08/07 08:10 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I was wondering if someone smarter than me could tell me if this greenish blue on the mushrooms is a problem. Also I was wondering if it would be possible to put it in the fridge for a week while I'm gone, will it be ok for the pins?
thanks

--------------------
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Franklin's Contributions to the Conference on February 17 (III) Fri, Feb 17, 1775

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 2 stupid questions [Re: DrB]
    #6650145 - 03/08/07 08:40 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Those are some fat little buggers! :laugh:

The bluish tint you see on the fruits is just bluing, aka oxidation of the active alkaloids in the mushrooms.
I see no contamination.

Some of the caps have some bluing at their base, which could mean some of your mushrooms are beginning to abort. That is common with such a dense pin-set in such a small area. Just make sure you keep your FAE up, and your casing layer moist, and you'll be fine.

It's not a good idea to leave a fruiting casing unattended, especially in a fridge. If you're going to be gone an extended period of time, pick your mushrooms first, then cover and refrigerate. You'll be lucky if it recovers, though.

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

OfflineDrB
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: 2 stupid questions [Re: Premedman1]
    #6650151 - 03/08/07 08:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ok, thanks, i didnt know if the mushrooms would do good in the fridge or not, guess not.

--------------------
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Franklin's Contributions to the Conference on February 17 (III) Fri, Feb 17, 1775

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha

Offlinedinosaursdancing
Padrote

Loc: earth
Re: 2 stupid questions [Re: DrB]
    #6650340 - 03/08/07 09:28 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

PERLITE, VENT HOLES & VACCUMM TIMERS,AIR PUMP, LIGHT TIMERS ECT.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon Air Pump, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation