Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Hundreds of Pins on One 1/2 Pint Cake
    #66481 - 06/21/99 10:17 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

My personal opinion is that any amount of Miracle Gro will be way too many nutrients for the mushies to handle, and could potentialy zap their potency. I forgot the refs on that one, but let me find it....Instead why not try using some fish emulsion- It has low nutrients, but it has enough I think to possibly be beneficial, if shrooms do really need NPK. I'll be interested to see your results.

------------------
********^^^^^^^^%%%%%%%$$$$$$$
Set the gear-shift to the high gear of your soul.
You've got to run like an antelope out of control!
----Dude of life

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#66482 - 06/22/99 08:00 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Heh, I remember my first batch of B+, they pinned like mad and I thought that I had found the holy grail of mushroom cultivation :smile: However, abhorts abounded and quite a few small shrooms..not to say that I didnt get a good crop, just don't start counting your mushies before they grow :wink:

------------------
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be , because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do.

--------------------

Anonymous

#66483 - 06/22/99 08:26 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

It sound like MG for roses may hold some key element for the production of pins. I have only seen PF strain grow and this strain seems to produce twice as many abort than mushies.

I chose to cut down on aborts by trying a differant strain. When Ryche gets the Ecuadors to me I will deffinetly try the MG. I'll let you know the differance between MG and no MG. They will be grown with the new Hawk no canner recipe.

Keep up the experiments. One Love.

Anonymous

#66484 - 06/22/99 09:07 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

I'm trying not to, PsiloKtten, I was so excited I wanted to post about it...I guess I should've stressed what I found most exciting was the fact that the MG cake compared to the normal ones was about 20 times better. So far. I'll post a final report about the whole thing when they all come in. I've read all about the aborts and I really only expect about 10 mushrooms/max (hopefully at least 4-6.) I'm really interested in a standardized experiment form to report my findings. I don't know if it was just a dropped topic or if someone's working on it or what.

------------------
All I want to tell you, All I want to say
Is count me in on the journey, don't expect me to stay!
-Roger Waters(Pink Floyd)

Offlinem420
enthusiast
    #66486 - 06/22/99 11:31 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

hmm i read that in i think TMC about too many nutrients stop psilocin from being made, or it coulda been Psilocybe Mushrooms Of The World not sure. and dont you use vermiculate too? thats where you want the water to get absorbed not the rice cells(heh).

Anonymous

#66487 - 06/22/99 01:19 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

great.

I wish someone would've told me that was written in a book when I first posted a question asking wether or not MG would be a good idea. I used that instead of anything else because I have so much of it from other projects, I figured "what the hell, maybe I'll find something new" Well, so far it looks great! no sense in worrying about potency now. I'll post my results within the next week or two.

I only added 20cc's of MG solution to the rice itself, after that it was mixed normally, pre-soaked rice, verm, and water all at once(well, water was added a lttle bit at a time to ensure a good mix). I know what vermiculite is used for. This is why we need some standard form, to keep down confusion about what someone's doing.

Anyway, I just hope I didn't screw up the potency. I'm glad I only used one jar for MG. For anybody, about to try adding MG, just wait a few more days and I'll tell you if its worth it or not.

------------------
All I want to tell you, All I want to say
Is count me in on the journey, don't expect me to stay!
-Roger Waters(Pink Floyd)

[This message has been edited by AcidMaster (edited June 22, 1999).]

Anonymous

#66488 - 06/22/99 09:24 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Just a little addition here since we're talking about substrate experiments. It's mentioned in Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms a pelitized substrate formula. Stamets mentioned specifically soy protein fortified vermiculite... I had a bunch of soy protein from trader joes and shitload of vermiculite so I figured I'd give it a shot.

So far it's been about 7 days, and I didn't think shit was happening, and was about to dump the whole thing down the drain, when to my surprise I opened on jar, and saw a bunch of mycelia on the top, it wasn't nearly as thick as I was used to, and sort of looked like some mycelia I generated in a water based substrate experiment, I don't think they are metabolizing the vermiculite yet. I put some Ecus in their, and they are doing alright... but I think this may be VERY interesting for the wood lovers, and that's an experiment I'll be starting tommorow... (ps. cyans)

Offlinecamel
old hand

#66489 - 06/22/99 11:29 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

In my past experiments, "simple" has proven to bring forth the highest potencies...

peace out
camel in

------------------

--------------------
Don't do drugs.

Anonymous

#66490 - 06/22/99 11:47 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Outofthisworld let me know how it turns out.

I added soybeans to the substrate mixture (kinda like Ryches 2nd seed recipe) but mine uses equal parts pure millet with hull and pure flax with hull... in addition I added some wild rice... the mycelium is eating this up! (Ecuadors). Fruiting yeilds are yet to be seen.

Next time I will add more soybean (only 4 tablespoons added to the current mixture)

Anonymous

#66491 - 06/23/99 02:56 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

I just added enough soy powder to saturate the water, then used that for the water of the recipe, with only vermiculite in the substrate, besides the soy powder/water. I'll drop a message about it in the Cultivation forum if it's successful. But, it looks like their not really metabolizing the verm yet... we'll see. I'm going to do a test run on the Ps. Cyans with this substrate... I'll probably post a big thing on Ps. Cyan cultivation if I can get it to fruit.

Anonymous

#66492 - 06/24/99 06:33 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Well, so far, so good...what happened to those little pictures you can add to your posts?...anyway, the Miracle Gro cake has 18 shrooms growing to be at least 3/4 of an inch, and the other pins don't show any signs of aborting, but I'm new and can't really tell for sure. Actually, the ones that pinned by themselves are growing good, but the clusters(about 8 to 20 pins each) are lagging. My other cakes are sucking ass. They may have 4 or 5 pins and none are really growing to well.

God I hope that the miracle grow didn't fuck up the potency of these things. It would be a damn shame.

Anonymous

#66493 - 06/24/99 09:00 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

God, I can't wait to hear your "Trip Report" :smile: Bet you will see all kinds of pretty colors while looking at a rose :smile: Come to think of it, a daisy would be nice too (LOL)

------------------
"I ate the darned things and tripped all over the place!"

"Really?!? That musta' been awesome!"

"No, you don't understand... I gagged while choking them down and tripped over the cat; I fell down the stairs and broke my collar bone..."

OfflineShroomBoom
enthusiast
    #66494 - 10/31/00 03:55 AM (23 years, 4 months ago)

Im just relocating a old post. No one really concluded the miracle grow issue so maybe someone has some insight now?

------------------
Peace, Love, Respect. You get what you give cause it all comes down in the end. Open your eyes to the world and you will see clearly.

Anonymous

#66495 - 01/02/01 11:51 AM (23 years, 2 months ago)

also would like to hear input of how it turned out acidmaster..

Invisiblezilch
enthusiast
    #66496 - 01/02/01 12:04 PM (23 years, 2 months ago)

It probably killed him... *smiles*.
Or a permanent level 5 experience?

------------------
/zilch
[ I... see... ]

Anonymous

#66497 - 01/02/01 01:05 PM (23 years, 2 months ago)

any update?

OfflineWhoreshack
Loc: Philly
    #66498 - 01/02/01 01:48 PM (23 years, 2 months ago)

Is the miricle grow Nutrients or Chemicals. thats the only reason i havent used yet. i am not all about eating mushrooms grown in chemicals. your better off useing stuff more organic

just a thought
WhOrEsHaCk

OfflineKast
old hand
    #66499 - 01/02/01 03:32 PM (23 years, 2 months ago)

I am certainly an advocate for learning and experimentation, and for this I applaud AcidMaster's attempts(and by his name, I assume he has no problem dealing with unhealthy chemicals :smile: )

But, more pins does not always equal more mushrooms. Nutrition is the best way to go, and as Camel stated, simple usually yields the best.

If this were a magic formula, I'm sure we'd know about it by now. Whether we're informed by Paul Stamets, or PF, we'd know.

At any rate, though. Keep up the good work. And as everyone else said, I wanna know the results as well.

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #66500 - 01/03/01 07:46 AM (23 years, 2 months ago)

an interesting old thread.
the 'for roses' item is significant, in that it's especially formulated with lower nitrogen and more phosphorus than ordinary miracle grow, to promote flowering in plants.
somehow i doubt, though, that he found the 'holy grail' of shroom cultivation.
but just in case, i'll check it out.

------------------
"I want you to trip like I do."

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds