Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinewhiski
invisiblelandscaper

Loc: an unsecured network near...
air exchange & yeast influence morel "micro-sclerotia" on pdya?
    #6648421 - 03/08/07 12:36 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

i've been neglecting a morel culture for sometime now because it failed to form any micro-sclerotia on standard pdya 300g potato water 10g dex. 3g nutritional yeast 20 gram co-op agar. i didn't have any petri's at the time so baby food jars were used, w/lids . the cultures stain the agar dark orange to black, take on the appearance of fox squirrel fur upon consolidation of agar, and reek of fresh morels the first time a hot scalpel is inserted(this led me to promptly contaminate nearly every culture with whatever bacteria lives in my nose), so i'm sure its the right stuff.
recently i bartered some morels for some petri's but when i made a double batch of pdya i found i had only 2-3 grams of yeast, which i divided between 2 one liter batches.
a week later in the petris with low yeast content, i'm seeing what appears to be micro-sclerotia everywhere!!!!
i'm wondering if anyone else has seen micro-sclertioa formation suppressed by either lack of air exchange or perhaps agar being rich in yeast or perhaps just slightly nutrient rich in general( i may have added a bit of wheat flour)
regardless, it's onto grain now!

--------------------
keep it running, myc..

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

North Spore Shop: Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies