Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblack_keos
Stranger

preparing/sterilization of large quantity of rye grain
    #6648242 - 03/08/07 09:35 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Hi everybody
I have already had success with cow and horse manure but it is harder to get during winter and not that fun to play with :wink:
i want to learn/start rye grain as i have read and experienced that it is really potent.
the obstacle is, that i want to do some kind of bulk with rye grain, or other good grain, that i can get more easily
i would like some hints or idea or preferably good technique so be able to prepare big quantity of rye grain and use it as a substrate in big casing or tub tech
thanks in advance from people with experience here :wink:
Black_Leos

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecubenessence
Stranger
Re: preparing/sterilization of large quantity of rye grain [Re: black_keos]
    #6648266 - 03/08/07 09:43 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

If you want to go bulk, your going to have to spawn your colonized rye grain to something. There is no advantage to, say, throwing 10 qts of rye in a monotub and hoping it will perform as well as a rye/spawn poo monotub. It won't. If you are only fruiting from the rye, then it might be a better idea to just make multiple casings, as to avoid putting all your eggs in one basket contam wise. Better yet, find some poo, buy/order some coir, get compost etc.., they spawn to bulk! You won't be dissapointed. Also, there isn't any coorelation between substrate composition and potency. Good luck.

--------------------
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm."
-- Sir Winston Churchill

Offlineblack_keos
Stranger

Re: preparing/sterilization of large quantity of rye grain [Re: cubenessence]
    #6650723 - 03/08/07 08:51 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

someone more experienced please :wink:... i have a pc, i have straw, i have coir and did poo many times, but its winter, and as i said, its not fun to play with,,,
and yes substrate influence potency,,, make some plain straw bulk and compare them to rye or poo, you will see...
and e=mc2, theoricaly more substrate should result in more mushroom,,, monotub with like rez effect or something,, the problem is i want to have idea for sterelising large quantity of rye, after that ill do the rest...
also, i wanted to know how long you guys keep your grain draining after soaking?, i think it is long b4 reaching acceptable water content...
Thanks in advance

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6650867 - 03/08/07 09:23 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Lots of jars or spawn bags

InvisiblePremedman1
Assistant to the insistent
 User Gallery

Loc: South of Sanity
Trusted Cultivator
Re: preparing/sterilization of large quantity of rye grain [Re: Blutjager]
    #6650905 - 03/08/07 09:31 PM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

Blutjager said:
Lots of jars or spawn bags

:thumbup:

Better buy a BIG pressure cooker. :wink:

--------------------
Build a man a fire, he is warm for the night. Set a man on fire, he is warm for the rest of his life.

Offlineblack_keos
Stranger

Re: preparing/sterilization of large quantity of rye grain [Re: Premedman1]
    #6651921 - 03/09/07 06:00 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

well, thanks.. lol, i have a pretty big pressure cooker, byut stil jars is not the best, simpler, biggest way of going, will continu with jars until i find some more good idea, i have looked for big spawn bag but the big one were out of order... :frown:, i have tryied b4 with some cooking bag but it didnt like the presto and partialy melted :frown:
thanks guys

OfflineEl_Flying_Mohawk
Stranger
I'm a teapot

#6651958 - 03/09/07 06:38 AM (17 years, 24 days ago)

Autoclave bags and a bag sealer.

--------------------
Forever noob

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags