Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Loc: Earth 25XX
Wheat berries..question..???
    #664338 - 06/05/02 12:51 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

greetings from earth..

ok heres the deal, my friend knocked up some grains the other day in a quart jar.. he was using wheat berries... ok now on day 4 one side of the jar started to colonize, but he didnt have any gypsum available, so hes not able to shake the jar at all to stir up more growth,,, everything is all sticky it seems...cause its not moving... now what could he do to speed up the colonization? hes going to be using the grains in a coco coir casing, and he knows he can just spoon out the colonized grains, cause of the lack of gypsum...i was just wondering if anyone knew any tips he could follow... thanks all.
-PeZ

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevatoloco
Puppet Hunter -DBK
Post deleted by MOE THE MAD SCIENTIST [Re: Lapius]
    #664362 - 06/05/02 01:26 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Wheat berries..question..??? [Re: vatoloco]
    #664374 - 06/05/02 01:31 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

perhaps i didnt clerify exactly the situation...

considering i did not use gypsum, the jars were unshakable from the get go.. there is nice white mycillin on one solid side of the jar... but because of the lack of gypsum, i cant shake it. its just one solid mass of berries.. there are absolutly no contams whatso ever.. i made sure of this.
-PeZ

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Wheat berries..question..??? [Re: Lapius]
    #664691 - 06/05/02 05:02 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well your wheat berries are prepared wrong there is too much moisture and maybe too many broken kernels. Wheat should be shakeable even if you dont use gypsum. Infact none of my fireants ever used gypsum. When purchasing wheat make sure the kernels arent broken or pick the best looking variety around. You can prepare them quickly by simmering until there texture is chewy in the center when squeezed in your finger tips. It should by a kind of dry chewy not saturated. Then and some vermiculite to the bottom to hold excess moisture(dry vermiculite). Load your jars up and let them sit overnight then pressure cook for 1 1/2 hrs. When straining give them a good rinse and a good pour of hydrogen peroxide wouldnt hurt. Grain to grain transfers work the fastest. Another way is to get a 5 gallon bucket and fill it up half way with grain and let it sit until it has the same texture as above(1-2 days). With this tek make sure you cook before the seeds germinate or they are harder to shake.

OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Wheat berries..question..??? [Re: durban_poison]
    #664778 - 06/05/02 05:59 PM (21 years, 10 months ago)

perhaps your right posion...

there is way too much moisture in there i can tell.... thankfully i only testes one jar...funny thing is that its still colonizing one half of the jar so far... ill just have to wait and see what happens.. i was told from a very relyable source im able to spoon out the grains for casing so it dosent really matter if it can shake or not...although it may seem ideal they do for easy removal.. thanks
-PeZ

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
Re: Wheat berries..question..??? [Re: Lapius]
    #665518 - 06/06/02 06:25 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

I really think your growth will slow down and stop all together soon. You may start noticing water spots on the bottom thats usually how those contams go. However if you waited to late to shake my fire ants have had problems also trying to break mycelium clumps up. This maybe the problem but if it was unshakeable from the begining its too much moisture or you didnt rinse well enough.

OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Re: Wheat berries..question..??? [Re: durban_poison]
    #665747 - 06/06/02 09:05 AM (21 years, 10 months ago)

well i did follow the recipe for the berries.... it said to add 110 ML water to a pint
sized jar... since i was using a quart i used 220 ML water cause 2 pints is a quart.
so im a bit confused on what to do now... i did the over night soaking, did the rince and strain for 3 hours... so i dont know what to do now, ill just pray this jar works out for the best.
thanks
PS anyone with a good grain recipe let me know
-PeZ

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Boomr Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate