Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Just curious...
    #664444 - 06/05/02 02:15 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I just innoculated my first grow back on the 31st. Today is day six and I have very large patches of mycellium growth around the areas I innoculated in the jars.

My question is what is cobweb mold and how do I know it from mycellium? All my growth started out as whitish-grey "web" looking material and all are becoming brighter white as each day passes and the growths are very rhizomorphic. Just wondering if perhaps I'm actually growing mold or if my jars are actually fine. I don't have a webcam or digital camera to show you the jars...but now I'm wondering if the jars are actually perhaps contaminated? I followed sterility guidelines very closely and I don't know if it's mold or mycellium now...the centers of the patches are really near bright white but the outlying areas is still thinner/paler white-close-to-thin-gray. The strain is Mazatapecs. Do you think I'm alright?

Thanks.

Love & Light,

Boppity

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Just curious... [Re: Boppity604]
    #664447 - 06/05/02 02:21 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Okay...nevermind...I just checked the pics at the top of this forum and what I have growing is NOT cobweb. Just happy young patches of white fuzzy and rhizomorphic mycellium. Thank you Goa Gods.

Love & Light,

Boppity

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #664449 - 06/05/02 02:23 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I think you're alright, although it's impossible to tell without more evidence. Run a search, there is a subtle difference in color, cobweb will be more of a grey.

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
Re: Just curious... [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #664464 - 06/05/02 02:35 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks Hermit. All 10 jars all have the same color and all are showing really nice growth. I know I couldn't have messed up all 10 jars...at least I hope I didn't. Once the jars are closer to 100% colonized I'll see if any of my friends with a digicam will let me snap a few shots.

Thanks again for your advice!

Love & Light,

Boppity

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #664542 - 06/05/02 03:34 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

So naturally the worry-wart in me decides to re-check my jars tonight after studying pics in this forum of cobweb. And honestly...I don't think any of my jars have anything but mycellium growth. All my growth patches are liked pulled cotton...nice and rhizo. and white...the outer edges of some are whitish-grey but do not look like any of the cobweb pics on this forum. But again, even white strands if small/thin enough will look grey. *shrug* I really hope it's cool. Out of all 10 jars I only found one that might be questionable...there's one HUGE growth patch and at the top of it there's greyish fuzz but it's not fuzz any different from the more rhizo. strands/fuzz at the center of the patch...just lighter in color that's all.

Time well tell.

Love & Light,

Bop

InvisibleBoppity604
Stranger
    #665701 - 06/06/02 08:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

What a difference a day makes! I just checked in for day 7 inspection and all the patches are not only covering more substrate area, the patches themselves are getting thicker/fuller and the edges that I was talking about are all pure white now. The patches honestly look like a dried, smushed-open dandelion flower...and you have all those lovely white strands of "silk" from the flower opened up. Very rhizomorphic on all jars now and all 10 jars are showing signs of the mycellium growing up to the top and down on the bottoms as well. I'd say the patches in all but one jar are at 45-50% coverage of the outside of the substrate. In the last jar it looks as though I didn't angle the needle very well cause I have 3 major patches of mycellium growth 2 single patches that are big then two small patches really close to each other...must have moved my wrist more than I thought when I was angling the needle. I have a feeling this cake will be the last to reach full colonization...but it is still growing as fast as the others....so who knows.

I also studied the surrounding substrate more carefully today and I saw no signs of mold or "goo" anywhere...just clean substrate. I'm happy.

Love & Light,

Boppity

np: M.O.S. "Outside"

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #671340 - 06/10/02 07:20 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Untape and flip the jars if you have more than 80% colonized subtrate, you'll see they like it !

Peace,
MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder