Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegonzoguy
Thinker
Male

Loc: MarYville, TenneSSee
Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories?
    #6641434 - 03/06/07 01:17 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Does anyone agree with Rogan's theories about the aliens and bacteria? go here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRBjrCMMBo&mode=related&search= for one of his rants on some radio show.
"JOIN MY FUCKING CULT, SMOKE DMT!" -Rogan
It was really cool to seem him punk out Carlos Mencia.

--------------------
"We are so much the victims of abstraction that with the Earth in flames
we can barely rouse ourselves to wander across the room and look at the thermostat."
~Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinededjam
Electro Penguin
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Moralton, Statesota
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: gonzoguy]
    #6641452 - 03/06/07 01:25 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Nope, ive done DMT many times, and not to take away from his experience, but i dont put much weight into what he says.

DMT > *, it will change your life, how you see things, and show you that what we see and where we live isnt the only reality out there.

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: dedjam]
    #6641479 - 03/06/07 01:33 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Nah, he views human society as a bacteria, explaining this through the example: When you fly over a city and you really think about it, it is more like the earth has a scab or infection. I don't agree with this, because all sorts of living animals creat shelters for themselves. I don't look at a prairy-dog hole or an ant hive and think, "Oh no, Earth has parasites." We are just doing what every other living thing on this earth is doing, we just think we are doing it so much better with such an important purpose ahead of us.

Offlinej3ckyl
☣☤Penteract☤☣
Male

Loc: Earth
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: dedjam]
    #6641540 - 03/06/07 01:51 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

gopenguins said:
DMT > *, it will change your life, how you see things, and show you that what we see and where we live isnt the only reality out there.

Sounds about right. DMT is my psychedelic holy grail.

--------------------

"There are only two states of being: Too much and not enough"

Isnt the war on drugs supposed to reduce harm? So far all i see are casualties.

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: j3ckyl]
    #6641659 - 03/06/07 02:18 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

Do I agree that the human race is comparable to bacteria or cancer....

Absolutely

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Brewmaster]
    #6641715 - 03/06/07 02:31 PM (17 years, 27 days ago)

I do.

But what Joe Rogan said is basically what a lot of us Shroomerites have been clamoring about forever. He does appear to be what I refer to as "universally cognizant" and I can appreciate and respect him a lot more.

Not everyone thinks on a higher intellectual, perhaps spiritual plane if you will. It's nice to see that someone like Joe has tapped into the universe and listened to it.

I wish I was rich too... nice to see him slam the fuck out of Carlos Mencia too lol

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinemushroomplume
Stranger
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: browndustin]
    #6641830 - 03/06/07 03:03 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

When did he serve Carlos Mencia? I seem to have missed that.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: mushroomplume]
    #6641926 - 03/06/07 03:27 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

People resemble cancer and bacteria yes, but this isn't the Matrix, and Joe isn't an Agent... we are complex spiritual beings doing our best to master our domain, we just need to start heading in a different direction then industrial domination.

Rogan won my approval a loooong time ago as soon as I saw a video of him with his isolation tank with him talking about his mushroom experiences in it. He's so badass!

Quote:

oliveplume said:
When did he serve Carlos Mencia? I seem to have missed that.

2005 Shitalk about Carlos
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=44170

Article from Rogan's site talking about the "battle"
http://www.joerogan.net/main.php?archives=1&article=53945

Recent onstage "battle"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsq1uTLBHBc

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

Edited by SDP (03/06/07 03:51 PM)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: SDP]
    #6641931 - 03/06/07 03:28 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Fucking hilarious shit. Joe should have knocked him the fuck out too.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Offlinecrackawebsta
The Near Future
Male User Gallery

Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: mushroomplume]
    #6641945 - 03/06/07 03:32 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

I agree with him and his views 100%. It was like he was articulating everything that i've been trying to tell myself for the past year.

--------------------

"It's all just a dream, babe
          A vacuum, a scheme, babe
                That sucks you into feelin' like this."

OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

#6642097 - 03/06/07 04:22 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Brewmaster said:
Do I agree that the human race is comparable to bacteria or cancer....

Absolutely

Our current trends do seem to be leaching the life out of the earth.

OfflineChesh

Loc: bardo
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Polyrhythmanaut]
    #6642413 - 03/06/07 05:51 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

We're devouring the lifestream, the round river, that biosphere from which our species evolved and upon which we still depend for subsistence.

We are the snake feasting upon its own tail.

Offlinegooddrugguy
Male

Loc: Subjectiville
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Polyrhythmanaut]
    #6642430 - 03/06/07 05:54 PM (17 years, 26 days ago)

I don't think so. Comparing a human being to a cancer is like comparing a ant bed to a pimple. Organisms exhist on this earth to absort energy, and that is exactly what we are doing. We construct all of our bullshit (dogma, architecture, ect) because that is just what humans do. Does this hurt the earth? I think you have to be one egocentric son of a bitch to think that human beings are any more disasterous to this earth than termites or moles. As an individual your perception of yourself is subjective, and while one guy might sit there and think in his head he is a genius or a god, to all the other eyes he is just another person. Humanity as a whole has a subjective conscounse, and we cannot step outside of our egocentric exhistence to really look at ourselves for what we are.

OfflineCrimson_Nub
Placebo
Male

Loc: Australia
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: gonzoguy]
    #6647730 - 03/08/07 02:51 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

I believe that "mushrooms" are capable of supporting consciousness and as such are the oldest and wisest sentient beings on the planet. With their wisdom they recognized the inevitable destruction of their planet by natural phenomenon.

They gave their very own flesh so that the ancestors of modern man would receive the mental capacity to become scientists and the ultimate gardeners, eventually discovering ways to spread life on Earth to other planets. Sure it was only a chance but what other chance did they have without the capacity to manipulate the material world like humans do. In return humans received all the powers of the Gods in the hope that humans would save the Gods.

It's all in the past, no more asking for more, no more crying, no more procrastination, eat lsa or shrooms(we even have LSD now:heart:) clean your head up, become the god you can be and learn how to Terraform Earth back to good health. Advance science to the furthest reaches of the universe and get us off this rock:tongue2:. If you are really easy to get along with, when you die your consciousness can be supported by the mushroom cultures to and you can hang out in a pure land.

It's not really that hard a task, the question is how well are we going to do it. Will we Terraform whole planets and populate them with diverse species native to Earth or live in a tin can with a bacteria in the air-con system to support our dead. Absolute scientific advancement for humanities only truly worthy task, "spreading life throughout the universe". For a task like this even nuclear power is justifiable.

While this post is purely fictional it is kinda fun and I do genuinely believe Humanity is based on positive output, neutral output and destructive output. Terra-forming is positive along with scientific advancement to improve it. Entertainment is neutral, I see no wrong with entertainment alone, in fact if we could dope the destructive people on the planet then they would be to stoned to break shit and just veg out all day which is a big step in the right direction. For good people to much entertainment is a bit of a waste(IMHO).

:discodance:  *does a little dance*

--------------------
"There can be only one!"....but it lacks the inherent existence of itself.

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Crimson_Nub]
    #6648165 - 03/08/07 08:55 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Humans CAN live in a balance with the planet but not at current population levels. We can not control our instincts. Bacteria is a significant organism, but can overdo it when oppertunity arrises. Joe is right. Humans are a crash and burn species. We put too much credit in our "ability" to live in space, go to Mars, cure all diseases. We don't accept out limitations.We have evolved thought to compensate for our physical weakness. The turtle has a shell, we build it. Our self importance tells us we are better, but we are not. We are effecting the ecological history of our planet. We are part of a collective. Our brains block out our ability to see these things, but we do have gateways to the shamanic world like the other physical beings in this world. Many think humans are the only beings that can experience enlightenment. Our brains create viels that other animals may not even have. We have the ability to break through. Other animals don't have to. Humans are overdue for a major population thinning...

Edited by Mourningdove (03/08/07 08:58 AM)

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Crimson_Nub]
    #6648194 - 03/08/07 09:08 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

Crimson_Nub said:
I believe that "mushrooms" are capable of supporting consciousness and as such are the oldest and wisest sentient beings on the planet. With their wisdom they recognized the inevitable destruction of their planet by natural phenomenon.

They gave their very own flesh so that the ancestors of modern man would receive the mental capacity to become scientists and the ultimate gardeners, eventually discovering ways to spread life on Earth to other planets. Sure it was only a chance but what other chance did they have without the capacity to manipulate the material world like humans do. In return humans received all the powers of the Gods in the hope that humans would save the Gods.

It's all in the past, no more asking for more, no more crying, no more procrastination, eat lsa or shrooms(we even have LSD now:heart:) clean your head up, become the god you can be and learn how to Terraform Earth back to good health. Advance science to the furthest reaches of the universe and get us off this rock:tongue2:. If you are really easy to get along with, when you die your consciousness can be supported by the mushroom cultures to and you can hang out in a pure land.

It's not really that hard a task, the question is how well are we going to do it. Will we Terraform whole planets and populate them with diverse species native to Earth or live in a tin can with a bacteria in the air-con system to support our dead. Absolute scientific advancement for humanities only truly worthy task, "spreading life throughout the universe". For a task like this even nuclear power is justifiable.

While this post is purely fictional it is kinda fun and I do genuinely believe Humanity is based on positive output, neutral output and destructive output. Terra-forming is positive along with scientific advancement to improve it. Entertainment is neutral, I see no wrong with entertainment alone, in fact if we could dope the destructive people on the planet then they would be to stoned to break shit and just veg out all day which is a big step in the right direction. For good people to much entertainment is a bit of a waste(IMHO).

:discodance:  *does a little dance*

I guess I just don't buy this. I do agree that the mushroom is a divine gift, but it tells me that humans will never physically colonize other planets. It tells me we need to accept our limitations because technology is killing us and disrupting the planet we are part of. We need to be more humble and not follow these technological delusions. We can travel far (light years) shamanicaly-there are few limits, but our technological abilities are the end of us...

OfflineBrewmaster
Mescalero
Male User Gallery

Loc: Richmond Flag
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: gooddrugguy]
    #6648214 - 03/08/07 09:19 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Quote:

gooddrugguy said:
I think you have to be one egocentric son of a bitch to think that human beings are any more disasterous to this earth than termites or moles.

Then call me egocentric! The idea of living in harmony with one's environment is a thought pretty much void in our culture. Termites help the decomposition of fallen or dead trees, moles till and aerate the ground and play a vital part in their ecosystem but to you they're a nuisance. Humans do not play a role in any ecosystem; no other animal is feeding on us, we're not giving anything back to the earth other than carbon dioxide and millions of expensive coffins to keep our bodies from returning after we're gone. We're a burden on a planet that supported life for millions upon millions of years before we ever showed up.
And I believe that when our race is finally extinct it will be due to lack of natural resources and deteriorating environment; we will likely have polluted the earth so badly that it will never be able to support life once we've killed ourselves off.

--------------------
On storing pedro tea...

Brewmaster: Well, the mescaline will still be in there, but I'd be afraid of it conjealing and trying to escape after it grew in size from eating all the other shit in my fridge, and possibly my dogs if it got out.

Pithlit: sentient drugs, now that is an idea ...

OneMoreRobot: Idea? It's a fuckin' reality. You know Salvia? Nigga stole my TV.

Offlinedemon2091tb
Stranger

#6648351 - 03/08/07 10:14 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Couldn't have said it any better Brewmaster, Very well put.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6648413 - 03/08/07 10:33 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Agreed, and well put. Humans are intelligent life though, i believe that's what keeps us on the top of the food chain - we are constantly asking the question "why", where as animals, bugs, plants, and the sky carry on without needing more. Evolution is a bitch

Offlinekcobra15
Bodhisattva
Male

Loc: Washington
Re: Do you agree with Joe Rogan's theories? [Re: Abrainspot]
    #6648786 - 03/08/07 11:58 AM (17 years, 25 days ago)

Animals, plants, fungi, insects, bacterium, etc. all have s symbiotic relationship with the greater organism (earth). These organisms facilitate proceses which are necessary for the living earth to function. This is mirrored in the human body where different types of good bacteria perfom essential functions that are required for human life. However, humanity is similar to cancer in the human body because we have become overgrown, and are impeding the function of the living organism. Other forms of life on earth don't seem to be doing that. Just like cancer slowly kills a person, so humanity is on a path to slowly kill the planet earth. That is, if the earth deosn't find a way to rid itself of the human infection.

--------------------
Om Gam Ganapataye Namah

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale