Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegrath
enthusiast
Re: Old decrepid mycillium with high milage..
    #66391 - 01/25/99 06:31 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

I think after a few years i would start a new strain, but as for now i would just enjoy it! :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Old decrepid mycillium with high milage.. [Re: grath]
    #66394 - 01/25/99 07:31 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

As long as your adding nutrients as needed, it should last indefinetly (or until contams), and slowely mutate into its own strain according to its environmental parameters...

So, your just putting more hay into the mix?

How big is your pile now???

Anonymous

#66396 - 01/26/99 09:47 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

We should start a contest. See who can keep a casing going the longest. Moe's got a pretty good start, considering I don't have anything worthwhile going now. I think I screwed up my last survivng casing by adding another layer of verm after the first layer was fully colonized. Should have left well enough alone. Last time I grew, I had some great success. This time I experimented and learned what not to do next time. Just for the record, I kept my last casing going for about 2-1/2 months before the bright green trich. contam reared it's ugly head. But alas, it had already lived it's life to the fullest and was tired.

Anonymous

#66397 - 01/25/99 10:26 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Moe,
Congrats on the everlating mycellium there.
Do u just pile the new csaing on top of the old directly after its finished flushing?
Thanks,
el

Offlinesparks
addict
    #66398 - 01/26/99 01:33 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Actually, the mycelia is kind of immortal.
Contaminants is the limiting factor especially those damned trichodermas, god how i hate them.
But thats life, let us know how long you can keep it going.

OfflinePlacebo
    #66400 - 01/27/99 01:41 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

What about senescence(sp?), the natural aging of the cells? Does anyone have any experiential knowledge of just how long a cubensis culture can be grown out before tissue quality and vigor is noticably degraded by senescence?

Anonymous

#66402 - 01/28/99 12:26 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

I have a sort of related question. Could you just take a couple 'scoops' of colonized old casing and use it in a new case? Like use some old, flushed out, casing matter instead of crumbled cakes or whatever.

Anonymous

#66404 - 01/28/99 03:30 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

taking a few "scoops" of old casing and casing that has worked for me. i wash my hands (soap and water), break apart an old casing, and case in a compost/peat/verm mixture. i sterilized the c/p/v in my microwave in an open container for 3 minutes on high, then again after it's cooled a bit. it's a very ad hoc procedure that is 99% unsterile, but it works for me. and the theory behind it is sound. in nature, mycelium spreads, why not help it along? i don't know how long mycelium cells can live, but i don't see why they'd be that different than us, ie-they rejuvinate. old cells die and new ones are created, ad infinitum. so go for it Mark and Moe, if i can do it, anyone can.

Anonymous

#66405 - 01/29/99 02:19 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, how long would it take for the strain to mutate into a new one (as Shaft said)? I wonder what conditions cubensis could be grown under in order to cause higher alkaloid content... I'm sure *someone* has thought of this and tried creating a supershroom strain.

Anyone know anything about this? Shaft?

Anonymous

#66406 - 01/29/99 09:51 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

I know that this is kinda how the Amazonian strain came to be...

PF grew the M. Romero strain over and over on his PF cakes, printing the largest, fastest growing shrooms... After alot of growing, he eventually ended up with "The Amazonian"... This is in all actuallity a M. Romero that is abnormally large and quick growing...

you are basicly ending up with a new strain after each crop, but to build that into a "pure strain" (one that dosent produce "substrains") would take upwards of 50-100 generations...

This is all speculation, and just what I would consider to be close to maybe the actual facts... It sounds right atleast... :smile:

Anonymous

#66408 - 01/31/99 08:37 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Cross-breeds, NO.... atleast not naturally,
maybe with alot of genetic work, or some type of chemicle that alters the genetic makeup (FMF used several chemicles to create most of thier strains it is rumored)

Your best bet would be to isolate a pure strain the same way PF did from the Matias Romero...

But FMF did come up with some doosies... :smile:

Anonymous

#66410 - 01/31/99 12:38 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Being a mad scientist, maybe you should try this (for kicks):

Dig out the radium from old clock displays and put it right next to your spore syringes for a few days :smile:

Anonymous

#66411 - 09/22/00 11:12 PM (23 years, 6 months ago)

Is this tek still giving good results and could you fill us in on the strain and tek details? thanks Moe...

Anonymous

#66413 - 09/23/00 03:52 AM (23 years, 6 months ago)

ok...the mycillium is not pure culture...so it would be likly that you would have many individual fungi...now this should maintain genetic diversity..let alone the multitude of spore generations that would begin to colonize the substrate...and since mushrooms tend not to change very much over time due to asexual means of reproduction this colony should perpetuate indefinatly.

Anonymous

#66414 - 09/23/00 04:08 AM (23 years, 6 months ago)

thanks Alien, has anyone else had this kind of success with multiple fruitings over a long time? just wondering cause 3 months is a long time...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures