Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Too much humidity in the incubator?
    #663674 - 06/05/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Hey,

My incubator's heater in a fish tank heater in a pickel jar. When i close the incubator the temerature stays at 85 but the humidity stays at 95%-100% as well. When the fish tank heater heats the water it evaprates and raises the humidity alot. Is the high humidity ok for the incubator? I also plan to use this as my terranium because it keeps the temp+humidity perfect.

Any idea if the humidity is too high for the incubator?

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Too much humidity in the incubator? [Re: Fd3000]
    #663675 - 06/05/02 05:23 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

>I also plan to use this as my terranium because it keeps the temp+humidity perfect.

85?F is not at all perfect for fruiting.

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Too much humidity in the incubator? [Re: Anno]
    #663685 - 06/05/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

The heater in the pickle jar can be adjusted. Now it is set at 90 degrees and if i lower it to 80 then the temp goes down to 75.

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

Offlinedi11rod

#664162 - 06/05/02 11:01 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

For incubation, that humidity level is terrific. For fruiting, you'll want a lower humidity. Fanning can alleviate it some. You'll also want to probably run an air pump or something to flush the C02 out. Perhaps you can put this fish tank heater on a timer of some sort.

di11rod

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Re: Too much humidity in the incubator? [Re: di11rod]
    #664167 - 06/05/02 11:04 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

What kind of time sceduel would i put the heater on? Lke 20/24 hours or what? Does anyone else suggest this idea?

Thanks,
Fd

--------------------

OfflineThe_Mushroom_God
    #664202 - 06/05/02 11:24 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Ok I had this same problem I have a 25 gallon incubator with a large plastic bowl in it my submersible fish tank heater was placed in the bowl along with water and peroxide; and before I knew it the lid of my incubator was dripping water all over my jar's!!!!!!!!! Anyway what I did was cover the bowl with tinfoil, and sure as shit it kept the heat where I wanted it and no more water dripping on my jar's!!!!!! Well I hope this help's later!!!!!!!!!

PS I leave my heater in my incubator on for 24 hour's it turn's on and off by itself to constentley maintain the temp you want!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
Shrooms are great, by the way DEA every thing I say is false so suck my dick!!!!!!!!!

InvisibleWakingUpLate
addict
Loc: Born on a mountain, Raise...
    #664214 - 06/05/02 11:30 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

There is no reason to keep high humidity in an incubator. Ideal
humidity for the substrate is 95%, but that is inside the jars,
not inside the incubater. A nice warm moist incubator is an
open invitation for contaminants. You should cap off your
pickel jar with a couple of layers of foil or even cut a hole in
the jar lid that the heater will fit snugly down into.
Just my opinion.
Hope that helps. Good luck!

--------------------
The rest of those, who have gone before us,
cannot settle the unrest of those who follow.
(Finding Forrester)

Anonymous

Re: Too much humidity in the incubator? [Re: The_Mushroom_God]
    #664282 - 06/05/02 12:15 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

To keep water off the jars what my friend did was buy a large deep 50gal tupperware container..Then he bought a smaller container to fit inside.He set 4 jars in the larger container along with an over rack and filled with water about 4in deep.The smaller container sits on the over rack and the heater goes underneath in the water. Both containers have a lid. Seems to work for him with no problems.

his inner container holds about 50 jars.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder