Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Deformed PF Mutants
    #66363 - 01/21/99 04:22 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Ive had similar experiences... cased, they produced alot of fat assed shrooms, but they all were sterile... Some primordia grew as big as a golf ball... no cap at all.

The one that had caps were small and connected directly to the top of the stalk (you could barely see inside the cap) and they all were sterile too...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSoup
enthusiast
    #66365 - 01/21/99 05:49 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Mine have usually looked like something out of a sci-fi movie, but every time I take a spore print, they are always fertile and grow like, well mushrooms. I have never grown a mushroom with no cap although I have seen many grown in my friend's cultures. I can't find any explanation with this. By the way, I think I am the only one satisfied with the PF strain. I love the taste, love the fibers (awesome texture), everything about it except it could be more potent but hey, you could say that about any shroom. This fact makes me more excited to try different strains, probably Ryche's, because if I think these are nice... I don't know what I'm gonna think about other suppossedly superior strains.

Offlinedngr
journeyman
    #66366 - 01/21/99 07:43 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

hey fellas,
what do yuo mean by sterile? you can't trip on or they wont reproduce (spore)? You're scarin me...

Anonymous

#66367 - 01/21/99 08:31 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

They were sporeless...

I didnt eat em, but my friend said they were good...

Anonymous

#66369 - 01/22/99 10:18 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

The last time I grew PF cubensis I got this huge fatboy that I nicknamed the Onion. If it weren't for the small brown dot of a cap it easily could have been mistaken for one from a distance. I let it grow just to have fun and it got phat. It also knocked me on my ass that night...

OfflinePsychonaut
seeker

Loc: Vancouver Island, Canada
    #66370 - 01/21/99 11:40 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

s

[This message has been edited by Psychonaut (edited January 08, 2001).]

--------------------
FungusFun.com

Anonymous

#66371 - 01/22/99 03:56 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

More on the freaks... The caps on a number of them are screwed up. There is no veil, and the cap is actually upturned showing immature gills in some areas while being connected to the stem in others. The new mushrooms that are coming up seem to look "normal" though. Someone who used to post here named Cliff observed that first flush of a casing generally produces freakish looking mushroom, but that it settles down after that. I've never seen it so bad before (With the Treasure Coast & Mexican strains), so it must be an agrivated trait of the PF strain.

By sterile, Shaft and I mean perfectly clean, golden gills which are more than mature enough but don't show a hint of spore deposits.

Offlinedngr
journeyman
    #66372 - 01/22/99 09:02 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

I have the same thing happening!!!
The stems are twisted and the caps are deformed looking, some of them opening on top and exposing gills.
I know its not my strain because I have used it for over a year, and I have healthy kids on cakes in another container, and my other case looks fine,(seperate container also).
I thumbed through the TMC bible and found nothing resembling these... some of the new pins coming up look ok, but if this is some weird mold or somethimg, than they will be affected also.
At first I thought the fruits were growing down toward the perlite, but then some of them curved back up in a complete 360. Trick shrooms I guess.
Anyon have any ideas, I'll keep these seperated for now... thanks, dngr.

InvisibleSoup
enthusiast
    #66373 - 01/23/99 07:41 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Ahhh! No spores on any of my mushrooms in any of my casings. I believe I may have found a culprit, but it may just be sheer coincidence. When I first started growing shrooms using PF cakes, I lost no cakes to contamination until I lost one in the 3rd batch, about the 32nd jar I started. Then one was struck with a green mold thats currently plagues me and most (7 of 9 jars) produced mutants if you will. I don't know about spore production however because I had enough and didn't bother to check. Every single batch I've grown since has had at least one usually 3 or 4 green mold contaminated jars. And all, count them, all of my mushrooms have been mutants and convoluted. This is the first time I've checked for spores since my second batch, and there are none on any of my casings!! I'm thinking it might be this mold or a family of molds that are causing our mushrooms to stop producing spores. How else could this problem be so widespread? The only other thing I can think of is it is something wrong with our substrates/casings, but that would be really weird and not real likely. Has anyone else noticed anything similar to this? One last thing, IT IS USEFUL TO TAKE NOTES, NO MATTER HOW USELESS THEY SEEM TO BE AT THE TIME. Moe, if it is the mushrooms that know then we're all dicked.

Offlinedngr
journeyman
    #66374 - 01/23/99 02:45 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Hey Soup, I have three different setups growing from the same syringe, and only one setup is growing freaks. Also, some of the shrooms growing in the container with the freaks are growing perfect and SPORING.
Did you eat these shrooms?
I picked all my freaks last night and have them drying seperate from the everything else. They look normal drying, and they smell normal, no rank ass. Let us know what you see, and i'll do the same.

InvisibleSoup
enthusiast
    #66375 - 01/23/99 08:41 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

It appears they could be normal. I read on another post, I forget which, it is within the last five days, that it could be low temps causing all this but that wouldn't make sense either because I fruit mine consistantly at about 71-72 F. I've eaten mutants from earlier batches when I hadn't thought of this and I'm still alive and had descent trips so they are safe. None of mine are producing spores and I have one casing setup appearing to have "normal" mushrooms so maybe being deformed doesn't have anything to do with spore production at all. I'm real confused. I need to sit and think over this for a day or so.

InvisibleSoup
enthusiast
    #66376 - 01/23/99 08:44 PM (25 years, 2 months ago)

The other post I refered to is Look Maw, no Spores posted by Mickey.

Offlinesparks
addict
    #66377 - 01/24/99 05:25 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

My PF?s has become a bit strange during the years.
I think they have drifted a bit genetically, because the don?t look like the fatassas we all know at all.
I don?t know, it might be my growing conditions.
I gave some spores to pekka maybe he can say if they look like regular PF?s.
It was old prints he got, but i think they had started to behave strange already when i took the prints.
Not complaining, they get bigger and more potent than regular PF?s.
Please fill us in on this pekka.

Anonymous

#66378 - 01/27/99 10:15 AM (25 years, 2 months ago)

Damn Abhorts...I keep gettin a first flush of lots of abhorts followed by increased numbers of regular mushies. IS this normaL? Could this be a sighn of insuficient carbon dioxide exchange or humidity problems?

------------------
http://members.xoom.com/yavin78/

Offlinetrains
journeyman
    #66379 - 10/02/00 11:05 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Sorry to brink back a wicked old post, but I had to reply to this, because this is the main problem I'm facing right now. I mean, my cat. Anyhow.

My cat had trouble with one little piece of a crumbled mycelium in casing, which he quickly removed. Things seemed to settle down, everything seemed to be growing nicely. then, another jar was ready to be birthed, so he took it out, and since there was room in this casing pan he put it in. That part was doing fabulously, pinning, looking healthy, etc. Then, all of a sudden, it stopped. It was unhappy. All of the pins abhorted except for one, which was a FAT ASS. I mean, FAT. Anyway, it was doing okay, then it did the same thing.. stopped growing. I think it may have been this weird green mold that has been mentioned.

Has anyone else had problems recently with green mold and weird, abhorted casing? Thanks :smile:

InvisibleRyche HawkV
A Messenger
Male User Gallery

#66380 - 10/06/00 04:46 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

That is just a common trait of the pf classic. This strain has degenerated over time.

-peace-

--------------------
-Peace-

High Quality MUSHROOM SPORES and CULTURES  for microscopy at www.muShrooms.com

muShrooms.com is the new web site of
www.thehawkseye.com

Offlinetrains
journeyman
    #66381 - 10/08/00 12:15 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

actually, I was using Thai Koh Samuai. So, I mean, looks like pointing fingers right back at you, huh, Ryche? HA! Just kidding! You were right on, it was PF classic. (I always liked new coke...) Anyhow, I think that most of the problem was the green mold.. didn't both with these, threw them out. My cat's next batch has done a little better.. still a bit mutanty. My cat figures he won't get self-sufficient until he orders a better strain... from the hawk. :smile:

Invisibleralphster44
collector
 User Gallery

#66382 - 10/08/00 09:10 AM (23 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

--------------------
www.RalphstersSpores.com

WE SHIP TO CANADA FROM WITHIN CANADA :smile:

For your safety and security, we have a Secure Website.
Also for your security, we will not take your credit card number.
Your security and safety is of utmost importance to us.

Offline12BLate
    #66383 - 10/10/00 02:51 PM (23 years, 5 months ago)

The pf strain classic sucks!! aborts galore, mutants, small deformed mushrooms. Very tough on the stomach. That strain is beyond degenerated. I read some reports a while back the B+ coming from PF was starting to do the same thing. He is probably going to degenerate all his "spore races" if he keeps growing them out on rice over and over like that.

Why do you think PF started selling other strains? Or spore races as he likes to call them. Because a couple of years ago Ryche started introducing all these other great cubensis spore races in syringe form, and people were complaining to much about the old pf classic being such a crappy mushroom.

PF had to keep up with the competition and introduce other strains. The same strains he talked shit about to Ryche and other people on ADM. Then factor in sporechicks, and PF really had to keep up. I should not have brought this up, old news.
I will never send PF money again after I seen what an asshole he is from his bullshit on ADM last year. If your going to order from him buy some of the other strains he carries and dont waste your time on that degenerated pf classic.

Late

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale