Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewhatswimdo
Stranger

Fast Mycelium Development??
    #6635109 - 03/04/07 06:06 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

So SWIM's Friend sent him this pic, and he sent it to me. and wanted to know if this was fast Mycelium growth or normal rate. The substrate is Rye Berries, and the strain is Amazonian. This pic was taken 2 days after Inoculation, and the jar was shaken 2 times. at least that's what SWIM has told me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

Re: Fast Mycelium Development?? [Re: whatswimdo]
    #6635116 - 03/04/07 06:07 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Lookin Great, give it a few more days at a standstill. :mushroom2::thumbup:

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Fast Mycelium Development?? [Re: Spire]
    #6635212 - 03/04/07 06:36 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

If all that grew within two days of inoculation, and after two shakes, it's mold. No if, ands, or but.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Offlinewhatswimdo
Stranger

#6635234 - 03/04/07 06:41 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

I'm doubting it's mold lol. SWIM's friend said that he used 4cc's from a 20cc Syringe. The Syringe when shaken is completely black because of the spore concentration.

Offlinerygo796
Meat Popsicle
 User Gallery

Re: Fast Mycelium Development?? [Re: RogerRabbit]
    #6635239 - 03/04/07 06:42 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

What if it wasn't multispore RR, but LC. I could see that being possible if the temp and water content was right on the money.

Regardless, if you open that up you can tell by the smell.

Offlinewhatswimdo
Stranger

#6635268 - 03/04/07 06:47 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

I don't know what Multispore RR, or LC are.. But SWIM's friend assured him that it smells like partially cooked rye. said that he uses a medical grade Glovebox, PC'd all his jars for 1 hour at 15 psi. Used Lysol spray, and bleach concentration sprayer. to sterilize everything. and that he keeps the jars at a constant 87* F, all the time.

InvisibleSwan Song

#6635303 - 03/04/07 06:54 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

swim is probably not telling you the truth. The fastest I have heard of from spores is like 9 days.
I believe R.R. is right or swim is full of bull.

OfflineI8thesh400m
Fungi-NatedShroomFiend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
    #6635470 - 03/04/07 07:37 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
If all that grew within two days of inoculation, and after two shakes, it's mold. No if, ands, or but.
RR

I gotta go with RR on this, i just incubated 4 jars of the most pearly white cobweb mold, after 1 shake, and 2 days.
, probrally some healthy mold u got there! good luck
Oh, and check my gallerys soon for great cobweb pics haha!
* to my ability, ive identified it as cobweb, it may be other*

--------------------
sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:  :sunny:
When i cut the stem, it turned blue fast. Is this normal?
GET DOWN WITH THE NOOB TEK!
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=6607835&page=0&vc=&PHPSESSID=#Post6607835

Edited by I8thesh400m (03/04/07 07:39 PM)

InvisibleLayYouIn
Taurus
Male User Gallery

Loc: Organ
    #6635481 - 03/04/07 07:41 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

is the jar, really, like 2 inches tall?  is this a trick?  :confused:

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#6635488 - 03/04/07 07:42 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

87 degrees is way too hot. no way is that mycellium in just 2 days from multispore inoculation. :thumbdown:

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinedeucydoo
Endless Tinkerer
Male
Re: Fast Mycelium Development?? [Re: Optx]
    #6635649 - 03/04/07 08:28 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

funny it doesnt look like there are any strands growing, just fuzzypoofs. usualy there are a few strands some where

--------------------
I have been there and back, although it was somthing i had to do i dont recomend it for others, at least not with my travel agent.

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Fast Mycelium Development?? [Re: deucydoo]
    #6635658 - 03/04/07 08:32 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

To me, it looks like wet spot.

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinewhatswimdo
Stranger

#6635867 - 03/04/07 09:38 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Ok, to Reinsure everyone that it is NOT mold here are the indications. that picture is actually 2 and 3/4 days old. that means almost after 3 days from inoculation. Second, there is NO foot smell, bad odors, or any smell other than the smell of the Rye. Here is the EXACT procedure that created this jar.

Filled jar with water and rye seeds.
Pressure cooked for 1 hour at 15 psi.
Jars cooled for 12 hours. (3, one pint jars made at the same time)
all 3 Jars Inoculated INSIDE Medical Grade Glove Box, that was sanitized with lysol, and a bleach solution.
Syringe was a 20cc Amazonian *New Moon Syringe* Below you will see the pic of the Syringe used.

The Mycelium spread from the *small black spores* inside the jars. This was evident as the spores are quite large. Each spore started spreading mycelium, then was Shaken to move the Mycelium around to other rye seeds. After 2 days, and 2 full shakes. the mycelium after 13 hours after 2nd shake. was inherent in every area of the Rye. as seen in the photo above. SWIM made sure the Mycelium ONLY came from the black spores.

SWIM injected 4cc's of spores into 4 inoculation points. then immediately shook the jars for the 1st time, and let sit for 15 hours. then shook again.

Here is a quote from the provider of the spores
"This is an extremely aggressive strain, fully colonizing a jar of Rye Berries in as little as 3 days"

Here is the pic of the Syringe. Just so you guys know, all the black spots are highly concentrated area's of spores!

Please do a bit of reading on the Amazonian strain to further beleive SWIM on this.

OfflineSpire
Mycophagous

#6635908 - 03/04/07 09:54 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Ive worked with Amazonians and now that I think about it, having a jar look like that in 3 days is far fetched. In no way shape or form have I or basically anyone else seen a jar that far in 3 days. Heck even working with Liquid Culture, i'd doubt you'd be that far (And Liquid Cultures work faster than spore syringes for innoc.).

Also, you are basically telling old members here who have basically been the ones who are responsible for places like your Spore Vendor to actually have business to sell spores, to do some READING on a strain of P. Cubensis...

They are virtually some of the people who originally ISOLATED some of the strains that you see today.

So...yea.

--------------------
Old Member, New Name.

One makes "good luck".
With the ability to recognize a good opportunity.
Then, to exploit it.
-SixTango/Agar

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Loc: Outside Your Window
    #6635930 - 03/04/07 10:01 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Quote:

whatswimdo said:
I don't know what Multispore RR, or LC are.. But SWIM's friend assured him that it smells like partially cooked rye. said that he uses a medical grade Glovebox, PC'd all his jars for 1 hour at 15 psi. Used Lysol spray, and bleach concentration sprayer. to sterilize everything. and that he keeps the jars at a constant 87* F, all the time.

If your buddy took the time to make a medical glovebox, why would he keep them at 87 degrees? He hasn't done his homework, which tells me he is not as sterile as he thinks. I think your boy doesn't know as much as he is letting on. I am with RR on this one, gotta be mold. When in doubt, throw it out!

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

Read his library of books to expand your mind.

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#6635931 - 03/04/07 10:02 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

1, lysol is a no-no
2, spores are invisible to the naked eye, it was clumps of spores that you or your friend saw
3, strain has no bearing on substrate being that far along in less than 72 hours
4, shaking a jar within 15 hours of inoculation isn't really accepted practice
5, your picture is focused on the blinds, not on the syringe

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Edited by Optx (03/04/07 10:07 PM)

Offlinewhatswimdo
Stranger

#6635940 - 03/04/07 10:05 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Look, not trying to say that you guys don't know what your talking about, but in this case. i promise that you are wrong. If there are over 400 spores in a 1 pint jar. and the spores are moved around when shaken. and most of the spores begin to form Mycelium, then it is Quite very easy to have a whole jar like that covered in mycelium. Unlikely as YOU may think it is. anything is possible! and just because YOU never had that kind of success, does not mean someone else has not. YOU have not done every single tek, used every strain known to man, and tried on thousands of substrates. So please don't try to pull the "i know what i'm talking about" crap. because maybe you really don't know. and how could you? your looking at a picture and making accusations about what IT is.

If it was mold: why is there no smell coming from the jar? No odor other than the Rye? If the jar was that heavily contaminated, don't you think with all your expertise that you "might or might not have" that there would be some sort of odor coming from it? Unless you have grown this exact jar, this exact species, in the exact same way, and did everything in the exact same manner, and have access to THIS jar other than a picture. please refrain from telling me what YOU "know" it is. because in fact! you don't!

NOW, if you have an idea of what this might be, and would like to approach this as a spectator, please leave your comments! love the positive feedback.

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
    #6635945 - 03/04/07 10:06 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

Ok, here's the facts. Mycelium does not germinate from spores and colonize a jar of rye berries in three days. After three days, it's extremely rare to even SEE mycelium with the naked eye.

When you shake a jar, even if fully colonized, it takes 24 hours for the mycelium to knit back together. Until then, the grains look uncolonized.

Whoever made that syringe had no idea what he or she was doing. It's way too dark. Dark is bad. Fewer spores are better. That is a fact. A large number of spores is also going to have a large number of contaminants attached. Using too many spores is counter productive. That was known over twenty years ago when paul stamets wrote 'The Mushroom Cultivator' because he made that clear in the book.

Nobody needs to read about Amazon strain. There is virtually no difference between cube strains regarding the rate of colonization.

A fully colonized jar should not smell like partially cooked rye. it should smell like fresh mushrooms.

Spores are NOT large. They are microscopic and invisible to the naked eye. It requires a microscope to see them.

You need to do some serious reading before going further. If that jar was inoculated by spores even FIVE days ago and is fully colonized, it is mold.

That looks like mold, not mushroom mycelium.

Clear enough?
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

#6635955 - 03/04/07 10:10 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

hmmmm, i wonder who knows what they're talking about. the noob with 5 posts doing his first grow...or RogerRabbit who's probably been growing for as long as the noob has been alive...this is a tricky 1

--------------------

Offlinemikemushroom
Castaneda Fan
Male

Loc: Outside Your Window
    #6635957 - 03/04/07 10:10 PM (17 years, 19 days ago)

you are starting to offend people whatswimdo. You asked for help, don't get mad when you get an answer.

--------------------
Want to be of the shaman mind? Carlos Castaneda is the godfather of the New Age Movement which is based off the peyote & shroom eating natives in Mexico.

Read his library of books to expand your mind.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Bulk Substrate