Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinerookieGe
Stranger
Help help my ... my grow kit
    #663215 - 06/04/02 06:50 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

i ordered a E-Z grow kit. Everything was fine until i thought it needed a little more sun, so i took them outside. I watched them ever hour to make sure it doesn't get too hot. When i took them in i saw the cake strated to turn blueish, blackish tined mycleium lightly on the top (nothing much), and started to smell foul. Now i forgot to tell you, the stage of the cake was in its last stages, with one inch pinheads poping up. I know its not the humidity problem either. i watched the humidty thought the entire process.

So whats wrong? Is it comtaminated cus id figure in the last stages it wouldnt matter if you exspose the cake? is it dead?

When the cake gets a LITTLE sun burn does die? Will it reflurish with some time?

PLEASE HELP QUICK

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblephrozendata
Carpal Tunnel

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help help my ... my grow kit [Re: rookieGe]
    #663222 - 06/04/02 06:55 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

heh...ughm...are these PF-style cakes...how does the E-Z grow kit work? bluish mycellium is simply bruising. the foul smell sounds like some sort of contamination...maybe bacterial if you can't see anything...but fully colonized cakes should be pretty contaminate resistant...

--------------------
"There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that's your own self. So you have to begin there, not
outside, not on other people" - Aldous Huxley

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
    #663230 - 06/04/02 06:58 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

they don't ever need more sunlight. how many mushrooms do you see growing in sunny spots? they prefer shady, damp spots. a crappy 60w incandescent on your ceiling will do the job just fine.

you know what they say about hindsight....
take care! stay safe...
-bizarro

Offlinedi11rod

#663249 - 06/04/02 07:11 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

I concurr with UnID.

Mushroom growing NEVER needs sun. Especially direct sun. Your description of what this kit consisted of or what it exactly was that you took outside. If it was a jar, keep in mind that it is made of glass. Glass has a tendency to focus light and probably concentrated UV radiation on those bluish parts of your cake.

I'd say you ought to continue to follow the directions that came with this EZ grow kit and consult with the vendor of the kit if it fails to produce the desired crop. If you are looking for something that is a productized growing kit, you might want to consider purchasing from a visible member of this growing community. As much as I hate to say it, the mycotek Hydropods at least seem to have a guy who will stand behind them and give advice.

My fingers are crossed for you.

di11rod

OfflineBoethius
journeyman
    #663507 - 06/05/02 02:35 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

EZ Grow sucks. The tray they give you is too big and easy to contaminate. They don't give you casing material either, which makes it worse.
I suckered myself into buying this kit. Fortunately, this stimulated me to research growing, and I have been doing nicely since then.
Anything worthwhile requires some effort.

--------------------
"History is a nightmare from which I am trying to awake."
James Joyce

OfflinerookieGe
Stranger
    #663670 - 06/05/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

NO NO ... ITS NOT THE KIT !!!

Plz someone tell me WHAT HAPPENED, WAS IT A SUN BURN OR SOMETHING ELSE

Is it still edible? with the pinhead grow larger with time? (my pins heads are a little bluish/blackish heads ... looks like they got the sun burn too)(not badly though)

(nothing is really bad on this cake, its got a blueish/blackish tint to he very top, but its not very bad) IS IT still useable?

OfflineUHID
enthusiast
Loc: IL
    #663707 - 06/05/02 05:55 AM (21 years, 9 months ago)

dude-

it's a little hard to say exactly what it is with the little information given and lack of pictures. it could be the sun was too much, it could be the sun dried out the substrate, it could be that you got some contamination from outdoors.

if the pins are blue/black, it's pretty unlikely that they'll mature. there's not really any way to tell other than to wait a day or two and see what happens. if the pins haven't grown in a couple days, they aren't going to grow.

take care...
-bizarro

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck