Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecauseidontknow
Loc: Way up north
I'm a growing good ...but I got issues!!!!!!!!!!!!
    #663129 - 06/04/02 05:49 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

First I'd like to thank everyone for all the info, Ive got shrooms growing like wild fire.If it wasn't for this page it never would of happened.I got a few problems though and I'm hoping someone can help me out!
How in the hell do you put a 1/4 cc. in each hole?....I press lightly down on the syringe.....Nothing......A little harder......Nothing......A little harder......Nothing......A little harder.....FUCK.....There goes two cc down one damn hole.I shit you not I used five syringes for eighteen jars!!!! Is there any device out there that can remedy my problem?.....Also the needle gets pluged about every other jar ......Anybody got a quick cure for that?.....I'm not really bitching cause I got a nice crop growing but I'd really like to figure this problem out before I start a new batch!!!!!!!............thanks in advance .......Troy

--------------------
Trying like the devil to find the Lord... Working like a slave for my room and board ......Wood burning stove no natural gas...... Now if that ain't country.. I'll kiss your ass.!!!!!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStainBlue
Da Man
 User Gallery

Re: I'm a growing good ...but I got issues!!!!!!!!!!!! [Re: causeidontknow]
    #663149 - 06/04/02 06:06 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

what substrate are you using??

if its that big of a problem for you, you might want to switch substrates

i use finch seed a lot and i dont have that problem any more but when i used wheat or rye my syringes got pluged all the time too i found no cure for this and found it just as frustrating as you do

sorry no real help but thats what i did plus i found that bird seed colonized just as fast as other grains or brf

--------------------
Peace,
StainBlue

OfflineFanaTEK
Slave to theShroom

Loc: Midwest, US
    #663171 - 06/04/02 06:24 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

Well, if you have everything working, you ought to try using rye berries in quart jars. Just squirt 1-2cc of sporewater into the top (the substrate shouldn't come up to the top of the jar, so there's plenty of room to spray).

But if you're using smaller jars, then just backing out a little usually solves the problem.

FanaTEK

--------------------
Read the FAQ!
Read !

Offlinemidas
Loc: dirty south
    #663298 - 06/04/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 9 months ago)

the problem about controling spore solution is probably due to you not removing the excess air from the syringe. when there is an air pocket in the syringe and you apply pressure to it the air is compressed until the pressure inside the syringe exceeds the static friction of the gaskets in the syringe thus pushing the solution out and once this is over come the kinetic friction of the gaskets is less than that of the static so the pressure is relieved until it meets equal pressures on the inside and out side of the syringe thus more solution is pushed until equlibrium between inside and outside pressures otained even if you have stop pressing on the syringe

to correct this hold th syringe needle up and tap all the air including any little bubbles to the top of the needle, then press the syringe until all the air and a drop or two come out of the needle all while the needle is pointing up
jst like the doctors do on TV when they thump the needle and squirt out some of what ever is in the syringe before they give a shot

Edited by midas (06/04/02 08:03 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate