Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Loc: New York
Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed?
    #6626472 - 03/02/07 12:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Have had 2 trys so far and as much as I got info wise I guess was never really in the right areas until now :-) with you guys, the first time I didn't germinate them, then the second time I did and well I noticed that I didn't have any yellowish nasty looking residue floats bacteria wise... was just normal brown nasty color nothing that was distinct. So is it possible that I ended up just getting rye seed that wasn't "organic"?, or does rye seed only come organic?, if thats the case can someone refer me to the cheapest place online?, thanks for the help.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCiv
Pinning
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed? [Re: p14y80y]
    #6626538 - 03/02/07 01:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah I belive that may be what happened. Or you just had a batch with a high load of that kind of bactiera. Use google and search about your geographic location for a "Feed" store. You can get that stuff at 25 cents a pound, and a few nickles cheaper if you get bulk bags.

Ask the feed store if they have 20 or 40 lbs bags and they usally cut you a few bucks off.

--------------------
"...Gal's seem to hate the thought of blending chicken shit in a blender.
So, wash it well afterwards & DON'T tell them..."  -Agar

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #6626546 - 03/02/07 01:17 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Different bacteria can make the water different colors. Look at Magash's tek for an example. They are most likely organic. Even if they are not they would probably work anyway after a soak and simmer to remove any fungicides.

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed? [Re: Civ]
    #6626660 - 03/02/07 02:05 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well I soaked them for roughly 27hrs but there's more to it then that I will post the site in a bit with the extras and pics on why it might have went wrong not the right forum. I soaked the jars in bleach in my tub for at least 4hrs, I used the same jars again after the first time which pretty much northing happen looked like just came out of the cooker and I actually waited almost a month just to be 100% and absolutely nothing formed, then I found out because I didn't germinate them. Also I reread because I went over board with the whole thing just because wanted for so long just said what the hell and went all out 1st and 2nd try which was pretty stupid because I'm still learning. The syringes I have 6 different types and I used them both each of the 2 times but something else I had read was that I didn't flame them before I put the cap back on at anytime just only before I used them.

I must have tried on the 2nd time 25 jars and some how after waiting more then 3 weeks in a room that was maintained in the 80's 2 some how survived the others either went different colors or actually like the first time did nothing, so 3 different things and I didn't do anything different for any of them. Also my syringes I got off ebay for a good deal but like I was saying never spent the hours or was was really directed to were I am now here, so I might have got weak syringes, couldn't see a whole lot of black spores when I looked it up to the light, seems I have a check list of things that could be the problem :confused:?

InvisibleMasFina
Snow Shredder
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mountains
    #6626670 - 03/02/07 02:13 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Pay attention to your sterile technique. Make sure you rinse out bleach-soaked jars very well. Read some teks from experienced members. Check out monstermitch's journal. There's a crapton of info there. Don't be impatient and don't skip things that you don't think are necessary. If an experienced member says it should be done they have probably thought it out more than you have. Also, you need to write a little more legibly. Your sentences are a little hard to decipher. Run ons and such. Good luck. Remember, growin shrooms ain't like growin your mama's tomatoe plants.

--------------------
A Good Substrate: Poo With Extras
Good Liquid Culture, Step by Step
Timer Modification
PM me if you are interested in buying 140ml syringes. $6 each + $7 shipping

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #6626848 - 03/02/07 03:15 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I hope that you aren't using Rye seed...that is a type of grass seed.

You want Rye grain...there is a difference.

tc

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed? [Re: Roadkill]
    #6626872 - 03/02/07 03:26 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea thats my fault I meant rye grain yea I wish I was more up with it and not so new to whats what, I guess all in good time. Ive heard from others its not hard to do this without contams but seems more and more people with issues, well 1 of these times I'll get it right, the more you fail or run into something new I guess more your able to learn so just should be happy about that part.

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
    #6626878 - 03/02/07 03:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

yea thats my fault I meant rye grain yea I wish I was more up with it and not so new to whats what, I guess all in good time. Ive heard from others its not hard to do this without contams but seems more and more people with issues, well 1 of these times I'll get it right, the more you fail or run into something new I guess more your able to learn so just should be happy about that part.

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

Loc: Andromeda
    #6626901 - 03/02/07 03:41 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Roadkill said:
I hope that you aren't using Rye seed...that is a type of grass seed.

You want Rye grain...there is a difference.

tc

sorry, but i've had decent luck with both. 27hrs is way too long to be soaking your grains for. just soak them overnight (5-10hrs) and you have germinated most of the bacteria and fungus that is in the grain/seed. after that you just kill it by pressure cooking/autoclaving for 60-90min. i prefer 90min just to be sure, but some cant wait that long (why, i dont know since this hobby takes at least a month anywho)

any longer of a soak any you begin to ferment your media, and the bacteria count will only grow to almost unstoppable ammounts. Rye grass seed will work, but not nearly as good as the grain, and IMO, WBS with a Cracked Corn and Worm casing additive is the only way to go.

...but hey, who am i to give advice....just my Opinion

--------------------

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed? [Re: shroomsynergy]
    #6626986 - 03/02/07 04:21 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

nope I appreciate anything and everything given, opinions, advice, and even criticism, thanks.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6626891#6626891

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

#6626995 - 03/02/07 04:33 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

wow, the 'wet' one most likely has a bacteria infection, but not definatly. sometimes the grains sweat in my case, but that is rare.

the others look totally fucked!

i'd show you some pics, but photobucket is down.:mad2:

--------------------

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
    #6627093 - 03/02/07 06:32 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Well when its up if your still up for it Ill def take see what ya got, I think more and more about it now that I got the needles from someone random on ebay, not the best idea and well I used all 6 in dif jars and have had a few different things as you can see in the pics, so Im saying I get needles from ralph, some ORGANIC for sure rye grain, make sure I clean the tips each time before use and after and then make sure when I wash the jars again that I wash them cautiously making sure the bleach is totally gone, and hope for the best on the 3rd try.

Offlineshroomsynergy
Fungi Freak
Male

#6629625 - 03/02/07 11:00 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

here's the picture that i was talking about.

not the best, but it gives an idea...

--------------------

InvisibleBlutjager
Inhuman
Male

#6629779 - 03/03/07 12:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I often soak longer than that and haven't noticed any problems,I do have to agree that those jars in that link you posted are dumpster tek material for sure:sad:

Invisiblep14y80y
 User Gallery
Re: Is there such of a thing as "normal" Rye seed? [Re: Blutjager]
    #6629953 - 03/03/07 01:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yea I'll just mainly say it was ebay.... and thats the number 1 mistake and then just went downhill from there so next time will be from Ralph, have heard and read so many happy customers, but for now will just see what the other 2 bring me if anything,:rolleyes:

Yea not too sure I get what you had wrong in the pics, they look ok to me maybe except the last 1 but then again I haven't successfully done it yet, :frown:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Edibles   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Hot Plate, Pressure Cooker, Rye Grain, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation