Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #14501693 - 05/23/11 10:01 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Weren't The Dead really just a cover for the largest lsd dealer in history and wasn't The Dead family (i.e. the crew and security) actually Hells Angels and other outlaw bikers. Was it all just a coincidence that they traveled so much and all the fans bought and sold so much acid. I mean wasn't Owsley at one time the bands key financial supporter and aren't Grateful Dead concerts the main place lsd is sold. I've always kinda thought of it as a traveling lsd carnival and somehow see the music as second stage to the drugs and whatnot.
I could be crazy but it seems like cheating to me.

That's kind of a drab perspective. There may be some truth to that, but a lot of people actually do like the music and otherwise it probably would never have gotten that big.

Let's say hypothetically, the grateful dead disbanded in 1969 because their music sucked. Sure they started out playing acid tests and small gymnasium shows but they never got anywhere and people stopped really listening to them. Back to the acid; would it have survived to be known today? Maybe, maybe not.

I don't think the two, band and acid, are mutually dependent on eachother.. But they certainly did go together well!

--------------------
================

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblegerryjarcia
biophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: the woods
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Funguspants]
    #14501703 - 05/23/11 10:02 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Funguspants said:
See you're being a prick though.  Go back and find my original post.  Read all posts after.  Notice the anger in everyone.  Especially that one kid (tool with the picture of him self with the skateboard giving the cliche peace sign "im so cool" flash). 

They at least got defensive, like I said would happen.  I'm just trying to point out this fact that deadheads (hippies) get EXTREMELY angered when you go against their musical taste.  My trolling in this thread got the responses to prove my point.  Go back and look, I did it for science (and the lawlz) but mainly for science.

Hippies get angry when you diss the dead.  I said it before, I'll say it again.  Now there is just proof in this thread to prove it.

yeah but you're obviously just looking to troll folks. i mean seriously, you're calling folks names and taking direct attacks at their pics and stuff.

if you were just talking about the Dead it would be one thing (i'm a huge Head but i don't get super worked up when people "attack" some band they know nothing about) but making personal attacks on folks is another.

i can see you've earned your two shroom rating. i'm sure this thread will help to keep the bad ratings comin'.

--------------------

"We are all intoxicated. We were born into an insane asylum, a world crazy-making. We believe what we see and hear. The real myth is the myth of sanity, of rationality: it's a disease that is eating away at the earth. All the poisons flow from our denial. We deny madness, we forget our crimes, we dismember the corpse, we imprison our children. We need poison to poison the poison, to remember the sacred nature of intoxication, the green body of the young god." ~ Dale Pendell

InvisiblePenelope_Tree
Shamanic Panic
 User Gallery

Loc: magic sugarcastle
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Luman]
    #14501704 - 05/23/11 10:03 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

:nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:  :nyan:

i like that casey jones song.

i also know a guy who made posters for the dead. he now owns a monkey.

--------------------
full blown human

Invisibledanielx
whatup!
 User Gallery

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Penelope_Tree]
    #14501721 - 05/23/11 10:06 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

a poo flinging monkey?

--------------------
Long live kratom :kratom:

OfflineAcaterpillar
A little mad...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Down the rabbit hole
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: floatingwater]
    #14501728 - 05/23/11 10:08 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

LSD would still be around with or without the Grateful Dead.
It might be viewed in a slightly better light by society if it were not for the shows.

This is speculation, but considering the history of legislation, it's an educated guess.

--------------------
Aaa...E I O Uuu...A E I O Uuu..A E I O uh Uuu..
*Cough* *Cough*
Ooo...U E I O Aaa...U E I Aaa..A E I O Uuuuu...

At first sight, The Perfection of Wisdom is bewildering, full of paradox and apparent irrationality.

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: floatingwater]
    #14501833 - 05/23/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

floatingwater said:
Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Weren't The Dead really just a cover for the largest lsd dealer in history and wasn't The Dead family (i.e. the crew and security) actually Hells Angels and other outlaw bikers. Was it all just a coincidence that they traveled so much and all the fans bought and sold so much acid. I mean wasn't Owsley at one time the bands key financial supporter and aren't Grateful Dead concerts the main place lsd is sold. I've always kinda thought of it as a traveling lsd carnival and somehow see the music as second stage to the drugs and whatnot.
I could be crazy but it seems like cheating to me.

That's kind of a drab perspective. There may be some truth to that, but a lot of people actually do like the music and otherwise it probably would never have gotten that big.

Let's say hypothetically, the grateful dead disbanded in 1969 because their music sucked. Sure they started out playing acid tests and small gymnasium shows but they never got anywhere and people stopped really listening to them. Back to the acid; would it have survived to be known today? Maybe, maybe not.

I don't think the two, band and acid, are mutually dependent on eachother.. But they certainly did go together well!

It's just too perfect to not be planned. It's seems simple, Owsley makes the shit, the dead plays the hypnotic music, the fans give each other a sense of community and the bikers crack heads to get things accomplished........ end of the day they split up the money, everyone gets a cut and they plan for the next tour. All funded by lsd.

Offlinefloatingwater
இலைலைலைஇ

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Acaterpillar]
    #14501982 - 05/23/11 11:12 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I like how you've taken sporadic bits and threads of their history and spun it into your own tale. You've got a couple plot holes though buddy

--------------------
================

Invisible4HO-DMT
 User Gallery

Loc: County Line Road
    #14501992 - 05/23/11 11:14 PM (12 years, 10 months ago)

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#14502196 - 05/24/11 12:07 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It sounds cool.

InvisibleAlmostAsCoolAs
 User Gallery

Loc: California Flag
    #14502431 - 05/24/11 01:03 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

floatingwater said:
I don't think the two, band and acid, are mutually dependent on eachother..

The Grateful Dead were definitely dependant on LSD. Half the people would have probably said "Fuck this" and went home if it didn't exist.

--------------------

Offlineshadowman-x
Useless hippy.
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: PNW Flag
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: AlmostAsCoolAs]
    #14502434 - 05/24/11 01:04 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

AlmostAsCoolAs said:
Quote:

floatingwater said:
I don't think the two, band and acid, are mutually dependent on eachother..

The Grateful Dead were definitely dependant on LSD. Half the people would have probably said "Fuck this" and went home if it didn't exist.

:laugh2:

--------------------
knock me down
i'll just come back runnin'
knock you down
it won't be long now

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: shadowman-x]
    #14502444 - 05/24/11 01:06 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

They are terrible.

Once again. 

Ill re post this again next year.

Invisiblegzuf
٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: DeadHearts]
    #14502451 - 05/24/11 01:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Breaking: People don't always have similar music tastes

--------------------
+1 Post ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶

InvisibleDeadHearts

Loc: MICHIGAN
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: gzuf]
    #14502456 - 05/24/11 01:10 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

gzuf said:
Breaking: People don't always have similar music tastes

I know. Just my opinion.

Offlinewildchild68
lion in a coma
 User Gallery

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Funguspants]
    #14502472 - 05/24/11 01:14 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Funguspants said:
Bands have unique sounds, even genres do.  Take for instance the first dubstep to come around... that shit was something else.  Just because YOU don't appreciate it doesn't mean it isn't unique. Dubstep is completely different than the electonic music from the 80's. The dead was jam music and that was it.  They brought nothing new to the scene from what I have heard / seen / gathered.  Thusly... they were not unique.

HOLY SHIT, THIS MIGHT BE FAVORITE POST EVER

the level of plain ignorance and double standards in that post is off the charts.

congrats, funguspants

:curbyourenthusiasm:

--------------------

Invisiblewaves

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: propensity]
    #14502645 - 05/24/11 02:08 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:
The Dead are not responsible for electronic music. Pink Floyd was doing much more tripped out and psychedelic shit before they were, same thing with Jimi Hendrix.

you've obviously never listened to any 60's dead...every heard of dark star? or the album live dead?

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: waves]
    #14502654 - 05/24/11 02:12 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheDukeofLizards said:
Quote:

propensity said:
The Dead are not responsible for electronic music. Pink Floyd was doing much more tripped out and psychedelic shit before they were, same thing with Jimi Hendrix.

you've obviously never listened to any 60's dead...every heard of dark star? or the album live dead?

I have listened to Live Dead, yes.

Ever listen to Piper at The Gates of dawn?

Of course "how psychedelic" something is is subjective and up for interpretation, so if that's what you mean then it's kinda futile to argue about.

But do you really think the dead are responsible for electronic music?

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

Invisiblewaves

#14502673 - 05/24/11 02:23 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

propensity said:
Quote:

TheDukeofLizards said:
Quote:

propensity said:

I have listened to Live Dead, yes.

Ever listen to Piper at The Gates of dawn?

Of course "how psychedelic" something is is subjective and up for interpretation, so if that's what you mean then it's kinda futile to argue about.

But do you really think the dead are responsible for electronic music?

hell yeah i've listened to piper at the gates of dawn. i love that stuff, and i love pink floyd. didn't mean to sound hostile, i was just trying to say i think the grateful dead was playing some seriously psychedelic stuff right around the same the same time pink floyd was, so i didn't feel it was accurate to say that pink floyd was doing much more tripped out and psychedelic shit before they were.

and no, i definitely don't feel like the grateful dead was responsible for electronic music at all. although personally, i don't feel like pink floyd was that responsible for it either. a lot of artists collectively influenced the birth of that genre, to say the dead or floyd or hendrix was more responsible than one another would be kind of silly IMO

InvisibleBodhi of Ankou
*alternate opinion blocks path*
Other

Loc: Soviet Canukistan Flag
    #14502680 - 05/24/11 02:25 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

I attempted to listen to the dead before and I couldnt bring myself to listen to more then a few of there songs before I deleted the torrent. I still have no idea why all the greasy hippies are so into them.

Invisiblewaves

Re: Am I the only one that thinks the Greatful Dead suck bad? [Re: Bodhi of Ankou]
    #14502698 - 05/24/11 02:33 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

It is amazing how close minded some of the people in this thread are. To say any band sucks is just stupid in my opinion. I have respect for anybody who creates music. I think the dead was a great band. I certainly don't think they were the greatest band ever or anything. In my opinion, there are way too many great bands to say one band is the greatest of all time.

If you can't get into the grateful dead, complaining about not liking them is stupid. I mean, I don't like listening to pop country, but I don't make threads complaining about how I think it sucks. If you don't like the dead, get over it people. They are just a band.

Personally, I think they were all pretty damn talented musicians and creative people though. I don't know what to tell you if you can't respect that.

edit: I will say that it does bother me a bit the way that some deadheads worshiped jerry garcia like he was a god. I love some of the music he made, but if people treated me like I was a god, I probably would have become a heroin addict too.

Edited by waves (05/24/11 02:37 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

MagicBag.co Shop: Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag