Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

acid addict?
    #6621990 - 02/28/07 08:35 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

So i have talked to 2 people now that have said something along the lines of....yea I ate acid constantly for a prolonged amount of time. one dude I work with told me he was on acid for an entire summer.
I guess if you really dont want to be in this reality then i suppose that would make sense...but tripping for months at a time?! I need to be grounded personally

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Einstein

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePhishe
Lysergic Bliss
Male User Gallery

Loc: Planet Earth
Re: acid addict? [Re: mikeytro]
    #6622020 - 02/28/07 08:46 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

That's cool for him i guess..? Acid is not addicting.

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622026 - 02/28/07 08:48 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Only simple folk do that to themselves.

They dont get the drift soon enough, so they abuse the drug and their own organic brain.....

People who use lsd like that dont strike me as being very smart.

"why should I have to intigrate my experience into some new form of reality when I can be there as often as my tolerance will allow"..........Thats some dumb shit right there.

Its hard to actually abuse yourself via hallucinogens. Its hard to abuse hallucinogenic drugs.
The only people I know that do, are as dumb as a rock.

Thats just my personal experience.

I have also seen and known lsd/mushroom casualties.......

There is an organic and almost alchemical system.
If you dont enter that system, psychedelics can fuck you royally, or worse than they could have done otherwise.

We have the same organic brain.

Those people were not mentally addicted, they just didnt know what better to do with themselves.
A somewhat common occurrence as far as I have read at this site.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/28/07 08:51 PM)

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6622033 - 02/28/07 08:50 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Haha, good timing, i just finished a post about when i use to dose all the time. Two years ago i tripped for an entire season, didn't end up that good either. I'm still an acid addict, i took a hit earlier today actually. A friend of mine tripped on mushrooms for a month, almost everyday, so she says

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: acid addict? [Re: yageman]
    #6622046 - 02/28/07 08:53 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

They dont get the drift soon enough, so they abuse the drug and their own organic brain.....

"why should I have to intigrate my experience into some new form of reality when I can be there as often as my tolerance will allow"..........Thats some dumb shit right there.

Its hard to actually abuse yourself via hallucinogens. Its hard to abuse hallucinogenic drugs.

If you dont enter that system, psychedelics can fuck you royally, or worse than they could have done otherwise.

Those people were not mentally addicted, they just didnt know what better to do with themselves.
A somewhat common occurance as far as I have read at this site.

I see where you are coming from, but don't be so close minded. I know a handful of people that use psychedelics heavily, and a few friends that do LSD once or twice a week, including myself. I don't consider myself an Einstein but i'm no idiot

Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: Abrainspot]
    #6622100 - 02/28/07 09:05 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

thats intense, how do you function/do regular stuff?

yageman - what do you mean people who don't enter this 'system', do you mean it has the potential to literally screw up your mind permanently?

--------------------

Edited by mikeytro (02/28/07 09:07 PM)

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622102 - 02/28/07 09:06 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I was just talking about my experience with people like you.

I still would go out on a limb and call you a dumbass.
Id give myself a 50/50% chance of hitting the nail on the head.

You are abusing psychedelics, which is hard to do.
I KNOW 90/10% that you wont be doing so for long.

If you like them so much then be a man and take massive doses but less often. That should give you a reason to slow the hell down and give up your respects to a chemical.

If you take massive doses all the time, then I dont even know what to say.
Youre a vegetable maybe?

You just never payed attention in "class".....
Thats my opinion. There are people who can use your style to their advantage(Im sure of it), but somehow I doubt that you are one of those people.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleKoala Koolio
TTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGGTTAGGG

#6622109 - 02/28/07 09:07 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Not addictive, but surely easier to do regularly than other psychedelics like mushrooms. I've heard of acid binges that I can't imagine anyone attempting with mushrooms.

--------------------
You're not like the others. You like the same things I do. Wax paper, boiled football leather... dog breath. We're not hitch-hiking anymore, we're riding!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622117 - 02/28/07 09:08 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

mikeytro said:
thats intense, how do you function/do regular stuff?

jst - what do you mean people who don't enter this 'system', do you mean it has the potential to literally screw up your mind permanently?

I was the guy talking about the "system".

AND yes, it can certainly fuck you up permanently.
Some people just couldnt believe that. Its true though.
Anything you do effects you permanently, and psychedelics certainly are not excluded.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6622162 - 02/28/07 09:20 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I agree that using psychedelics heavily will probably leave you in some sort of "haze". My heavy use from a while ago i'd say left me a little tipsy for a while afterwards, but i'm also a bit confused about this "system" you're talking about, permanently mashing your brain, and LSD deaths. And, you want me to be a man and take larger doses? How am i not respecting LSD? My LSD habit is no steeze, it's a choice. I don't take LSD so i can call up my friend and say "Hey man i'm tripping on L"

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622245 - 02/28/07 09:37 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

jst said:
I agree that using psychedelics heavily will probably leave you in some sort of "haze". My heavy use from a while ago i'd say left me a little tipsy for a while afterwards, but i'm also a bit confused about this "system" you're talking about, permanently mashing your brain, and LSD deaths. And, you want me to be a man and take larger doses? How am i not respecting LSD? My LSD habit is no steeze, it's a choice. I don't take LSD so i can call up my friend and say "Hey man i'm tripping on L"

The "system" has to do with how your brain(everyones brains) work with psychedelics.
I never said anything about "lsd deaths" which furthers my point that you just might be a dumbass.

Its all good man. Just forget about what I said and keep eating hallucinogens like candy.

When I was a kid we would get as much suger-filled candy as we could, and get all hyper and laugh our asses off.
I remind me of you in some ways.....lol

Dont worry about it man. You are clearly not even close to understanding my point, and im not sure that you can.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/28/07 09:38 PM)

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6622281 - 02/28/07 09:44 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Oh my bad, correction on the "LSD deaths" part, when you mentioned casualties i was thinking deaths rather than injuries

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#6622289 - 02/28/07 09:46 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

i think when he said casualties he probably was referring to people in permanent drug induced psychosis.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6622297 - 02/28/07 09:49 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Well i'm not callin you an idiot or anything. I just want to hear about this brain system you're talking about - being someone who uses psychedelics a lot its something i'd like to hear

Offlinedcstar500
Just starting onthe path...
Male

Loc: USA
    #6622319 - 02/28/07 09:54 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

jst, I'd say you're taking his insults towards you really well. Yageman, do you have to rag on him that bad? I mean you're entitled to your opinions but DAMN bro

--------------------
"And the alien anthropologists, after exhausting all possible explanations for the demise of the human race, were forced to settle on the only reason left: This species has amused itself to death."
-Roger Waters

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: dcstar500]
    #6622458 - 02/28/07 10:23 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Sorry about the insults.

I gave percentages on how correct they may be.

Didnt mean to upset people.

I was talking about my own experience.

The "system" is your brain, and alks such as these resemble serotonin.

if you are not willing to accept that they can change your day to day life in both positive and negative ways, thats your fault.

Everyone reacts differently. We have the same damn brain though.
The "system" I referred to is pretty deep and im not about to explain even the surface of the "system" to you. On the surface, for you, its just a brain being dosed again and again with serotonin type molecules. No big deal to me.

If you think you want to reside in a place that makes you less human and more of a machine dependant on lsd and similare chemicals, then thats fine with me.

My cognition doesnt need such fuel. Time and time again I use certain fuels to help me see the depths of my own perspectives and consciousness.

You are in a different boat though.

We both sail.

So more power to you. Keep using psychedelics 1-2 times a week.
You know better that anyone else where you want to go, and where you think you might be going.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #6622531 - 02/28/07 10:46 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

In my experience, the more frequently I used acid, the more I knew I couldn't continue to keep using acid that frequently.  I know I personally have a radar that tells me when I'm going too far.  But I never felt like I got to that point I was waiting for, until I looked back at all the acid I had done in so short a time.  Even then, I probably would have continued if I had had it.  But I knew the acid adventure was over for the time being.  My mind was ready for it to be over too.  So it ended when it needed to. 

There may have been self-destructive motives in using acid like that, but I felt mostly like I was putting my brain through an experiment that I was the subject of.  If that's foolish, well, the fool archetype has always followed me.  I just decided that I was going to try and go too far.  Tempted fate, and found faith.  And I knew from those acidheads who've gone before me (Leary, who is said to have eaten acid on a weekly basis for most of his life for example, and Ram Dass who used acid quite excessively before he gave up the drug) that I would be okay. 

Sure there have been positive and negative aspects to tripping so much.  Was I addicted?  Only to MYSELF, which I unveiled in great detail while under the influence of LSD.  I became incredibly self-absorbed and I am an experience whore to say the least, but I daresay I don't mind or believe it's anything to be ashamed of.  My life is mine to forge. 

I'm also in a different place right now in regards to tripping.  I have more of a desire for grounding at this time and don't feel the need to do it as much as I used to.  I expect eventually I will reach a place in my life where I will not use substances at all.  It's all phases with me. 

So while yageman's confrontational posting at the beginning of the thread set me aback, I actually agree with his later post. 

Quote:

You know better that anyone else where you want to go, and where you think you might be going.

That said, if excessive drug use of any type is causing negative consequences in your life, you should probably slow down or stop altogether.  :shrug:

edit:  opps sorry yageman, I didn't mean to discuss you while I was replying to you.  My bad. 

Edited by MOTH (02/28/07 10:49 PM)

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Re: acid addict? [Re: MOTH]
    #6622536 - 02/28/07 10:48 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Also "a lot of acid" is all relative. I've seen people down 30 hits like it was nothing, while two hits of the same stuff kicked my ass.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: acid addict? [Re: MOTH]
    #6622548 - 02/28/07 10:51 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

MOTH said:
That said, if excessive drug use of any type is causing negative consequences in your life, you should probably slow down or stop altogether.  :shrug:

Good point, you summed it up pretty good

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
    #6622589 - 02/28/07 11:03 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Well put, Moth.

Acid is non-addictive, but I expect that it is addictive in the way that, say, video games are: its fun. People want to do things that are fun, and if they can, will engage in non-stop 'fun' if at all possible.

Good luck, mikeytro.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: acid addict? [Re: Sebastian23]
    #6622653 - 02/28/07 11:15 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

LSD, like any other psychoactive chemical, can be abused. I believe that psychedelics should be used infrequently and strictly as entheogens, but this only my opinion.

Anyone who is abusing LSD is truly playing Russian Roulette with their brain. Don't become another washed up "burnout" simply because you were too foolish to employ common sense.

Psychoactive drugs can be great tools for spiritual and transcendental journeys, but they should not be treated like toys.

Video games are for mindless indulgence, psychoactive drugs are not.

OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#6622663 - 02/28/07 11:17 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Excellent post Moth and Yageman (the second one, not the first). Very well stated opinions.

But I can't help but think when reading... '67.5% of all statistics are made up...' heh.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622689 - 02/28/07 11:30 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I just so happen to think sobriety is important.

Its all natural.

Lsd is my favorite, and I dont consider it to be less interesting because it is purely biochemical, not found in nature.

Some choose to exist in a more natural way than others.

As for the confrontational posts..... That was my experience with psychedelics and people who use psychedelics.

The people who think less than 1 1/8th of mushrooms is lame as hell are always some of the dumbest folks I have known.
I cant be wrong about my own experiences.
I know those people, and I know my doses.

I realize that some people are just different.
The people who say that they cant see visuals on one gram are in a TOTALLY different boat than I am.

We all ride the same boat.
Negative side effects can elude some people for a long time if they take these drugs like they are candy.
Thats not a good thing.......

I wont even go into the stories of people3 I was good frieds with that fucked up their minds with psychedelics and ended up alcoholics and even heroin addicts because they fucked their neurology to the point where they seek comfort anywhere.
I attended a funeral afew weeks ago.
Best acid head I ever knew.
So fucking smart....... still, he dealt with his psychedelic past by damaging himself further.
He was such an amazing person.

Some people just dont know what psychedelics are capable of if you treat them like candy.
He was not the smartest guy.
With the doses he took, even the smartest guy could fuck up the same way.
He used heroin to calm his nerves after he realized that he liked the stuff. He also drank a bit(nothing wrong with that).

After quiting his heavy psychedelic use he needed to calm his body.
I knew the guy. I knew how this good man functioned.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/28/07 11:32 PM)

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: acid addict? [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6622782 - 03/01/07 12:02 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:

Of course not, but an LSD abuser is mindlessly self indulging, is he not?

Well, not mindlessly, in fact probably very mindFULLY. But irresponcible self indulgence none the less.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #6622820 - 03/01/07 12:14 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Sebastian23 said:
Quote:

vigilant_mind said:

Of course not, but an LSD abuser is mindlessly self indulging, is he not?

Well, not mindlessly, in fact probably very mindFULLY. But irresponcible self indulgence none the less.

Someone who is abusing LSD is obviously absent minded, seeing as how they lack common sense and the virtue of moderation.

An LSD abuser is using a drug that, in effect , uses his mind, not the other way around. He (the LSD abuser) is mindlessly indulging; he is consciously (and recklessly) putting his brain on auto-pilot.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6623063 - 03/01/07 03:01 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I realized i was over looking the word "addict", i shouldn't have referred to myself as one.

There's a difference between someone who chooses to, and someone who does it because they have to. I just find it fun

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6623069 - 03/01/07 03:09 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

One can consciously chose to take LSD often can he not? It's not absent minded. A bad choice? Perhaps.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6623102 - 03/01/07 03:46 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I think taking small amounts of lsd frequently is a good regime
the high is clearer than mj.

unlike alcohol, the person knows when too much is too much, he still can be a clown or a goof if he likes.

then again you could say that lsd has been wasted by people who are essentially clowns - would there not then be more to go around.
(i am probably too serious all the time)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6623363 - 03/01/07 06:27 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I've met people who claim they were addicted to LSD. They start gettin on their high horse on how they'll NEVER do it again because its soooo addictive. I just don't buy it. With the lack of nausea and the coolness of the high i could see how someone might want to take it every weekend or every couple of days, but not be fully addicted to it.

These people talk about it like cokeheads talk about being hooked on coke. I have also met some LSD permafries... kids that did waaay too much acid too young, and arnt the same at all. Talk slower, ideas don't flow, they ramble, space, then say "what were we talking about?".

Then there was the one kid in high-school who at a party some dumbass tweakers put 10 hits of liquid in his mouth when he was passed out. He woke up, went to the hospital, and has NEVER been the same. Made great grades, was on his way to college, was happy, was normal. Now he barely talks, makes shitty grades, and his life has become useless. Would i call this an LSD death? Without a doubt...

Addictive? no... Dangerous? Very... :sad:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: acid addict? [Re: SDP]
    #6623537 - 03/01/07 08:15 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Dude, if I had the supply, I would take it alot. Not everyday, just to avoid the mental exahustion, but it would probaly be like every 2-4 days depending on how I feel mentally/physically.

I love that shit. So much.

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

Loc: north america
    #6623561 - 03/01/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

ok, so lets say sumone dosed semi-frequently for a while, would time heal the wounds? (abstaining from further use of strong hallucinogens of course) i ask this because this was me, i dosed kinda frequently, and im just trying to find out if that with time i'll get better...

and a correciton to the leary reference (sp?) .. he dosed every saturday (full on dose ((around 500 ug))) for 6 years straight..(damn)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: UndercoverCop]
    #6623564 - 03/01/07 08:24 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I believe that not waiting at LEAST a week in-between any kind of regular psychedelic use is doing the user an extreme injustice. If nothing else, just the tolerance you build + waste of good drugs + money you spend just keeping up with your high tolerance. :shrug:

--------------------
Amen

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: StonedPhilosophr]
    #6623581 - 03/01/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

StonedPhilosophr said:
ok, so lets say sumone dosed semi-frequently for a while, would time heal the wounds? (abstaining from further use of strong hallucinogens of course) i ask this because this was me, i dosed kinda frequently, and im just trying to find out if that with time i'll get better..

Eh, whats the problem? Thoughts slowed or just some HPPD (visuals after you quit using)? I notice, after regular LSD use especially, a lasting HPPD that is generally more cool then anything. This can last for quite a while... I'm a firm believer in the brains ability to re-coupe, to a certain extent. I have seen more "permanent" damage with LSD then other psychedelics though...

I wouldn't sweat it if you've stopped... I'm sure you will return to closer to normal functionality soon enough. Ayahuasca truly is a sacred medicine and has been used by MDMA\MDA abusers to kick-start things back in action. Something about increasing your brains natural sensitivity to serotonin, thus making you utilize your natural amounts better. This could play a part in a "re-wiring" of sort to help facilitate some LSD damage "repair" methinks... but that is just an opinion for sure. :stoned:

--------------------
Amen

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #6623621 - 03/01/07 08:39 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Hard to believe anyone who says they were "tripping for a whole summer". The tolorance factor would kick in. It would lose its magic pretty quick.

More kids bragging about something they don't respect...yawn

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #6623638 - 03/01/07 08:42 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

UndercoverCop said:
Dude, if I had the supply, I would take it alot. Not everyday, just to avoid the mental exahustion, but it would probaly be like every 2-4 days depending on how I feel mentally/physically.

pretty stupid...

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: acid addict? [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6623644 - 03/01/07 08:43 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

For me tolerance kicked in as soon as the second dose, hence taking 10-12 hits at a time to trip

A dude i use to get dose off of told me once that he saw a friend at a show fold up a sheet and eat it, now thats some crazy shit

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

#6623751 - 03/01/07 09:16 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

well, i sure as hell enjoy and appreciate fully natural (and naturally grown) substances more then lsd. cid is nice at low doses, for strong doses comapared to shrooms tho its a lot harsher and rougher on ur being..mushies just mesh so damn well with u, there really user friendly, and with them, compared to cid, i feel this immense, potent depthness which i liken to the history and life of the shroom (being billions of years old)((and used for millenia by humans)and the day after is better then cids..but yeah, i mean, wen i asked, i kinda was riding on the fact that i already knew i would get better with time..i havent taken a trip (save for cannabis and whippets ((used in light doses))) for about 3 months, or maybe its 3 and a half...and at langerado cumin up nest friday, im just guna do a light dose of shrooms (hopefully), if not, ill just take 2/3's or half of a hit of sum standard blotter), but after that, i plan on continuuing my abstinence (of medium to high doses) (and just do ((if anything)) very limited light doses), probably a year or 2...and to start meditating (i saw this vid on you tube, kind of an instructional one on meditation, and, its really good, cheesy at times, but the nitty gritty is very significant, heres the link if anyones interested http://youtube.com/watch?v=LI1dM67jRWM((i recommend viewing it)) before i saw it, i tried meditation, thinking i knew how to do it and wut it was for, and couldnt stay at it cuz i found it kinda boring, but just watch that video) (also, just a side note, check this vid out of "the freemont street experience", its a huge long screen with sum cool vids that runs at las vegas (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jk4i-VIFmh8)

i also cant get really high or pretty tripped out cuz i have this problem with my back, i fucked it up by cracking it and fucking with it too much, and i just get bad reactions wen im real high, cuz i can feel the damage i have there, and it just sends me on a bad one..

but so far, things are looking up..

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

#6624417 - 03/01/07 01:05 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Mourningdove said:
Quote:

UndercoverCop said:

pretty stupid...

Nope, not at all really. It's just the way I would chose to do things. Just because some people can't do that, doesn't mean I couldn't handle it.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6624474 - 03/01/07 01:28 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

UndercoverCop said:
It's just the way I would chose to do things. Just because some people can't do that, doesn't mean I couldn't handle it.

Whether or not you can handle it is irrelevant to if it's a good idea or not... There are boundaries to what is chemically healthy despite ones ability to push beyond these boundaries. Regardless, you did have the nice pretense of "depending how I feel mentally\physically" which is a step above blind addiction, and stupidity too. :smirk:

--------------------
Amen

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#6624492 - 03/01/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

imho i dont think we should pass judgement over anyones lsd or psychedelic use in general. there really is no right answer, just what each person in here "thinks" is right which really doesnt mean anything anyway.

--------------------

Invisibleshroomhead0069
HIGH rankinghashmason

Loc: the lot
    #6624498 - 03/01/07 01:39 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

i trip everyday
your more likely to find me trippin than sober

hell once i tripped
for 3 years straight
i know i said 3 months before
but i was just fuckin spun

--------------------
where my drugs at, poach monkey

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: acid addict? [Re: shroomhead0069]
    #6624883 - 03/01/07 03:44 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

LSD is physically one of the safest drugs.

OfflineSymmetryGroup8
It's about theFLOW!
Male

#6625064 - 03/01/07 04:38 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Why is your name undercover cop and why are you here? What is the meaning to all this? Who am I?

Kidding.

--------------------
Be like water my friend!

Invisibleodium33
_____///
 User Gallery

Loc: mycoland
Re: acid addict? [Re: SymmetryGroup8]
    #6625625 - 03/01/07 06:54 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

acid is a good drug for trip experiences. make a plan and learn something new while your tripping, or find a new perspective on something. eating it everyday i wouldnt even enjoy

--------------------
----------

OfflineKBLSD
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6625676 - 03/01/07 07:14 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

yageman said:

A somewhat common occurrence as far as I have read at this site.

john lennon did it everyday for a year and that guys not a dumbass

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

Re: acid addict? [Re: KBLSD]
    #6627465 - 03/02/07 09:32 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

that's an interesting fact (?) about lennon, i haven't read that or heard it before, hm...

and i guess in that whole scene (jam bands and what have you) theres people that dose almost daily...but, personally, i think thats just too much...

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #6627488 - 03/02/07 09:42 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Dosing everyday i agree is unnecessary, but to say that tripping frequently is dumb, well i'm actually not sure what to say. LSD does loose a lot of its magic, compared to taking it say once a year though

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

#6627496 - 03/02/07 09:46 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

or maybe at special times like the equinoxes and stuff like that, i would imagine that the experience would be much more cosmic and profound on certain astrological days..

--------------------
"psychedelic academic epidemic"

No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, or federal laws. All posts are works of fiction.

Edited by StonedPhilosophr (03/02/07 11:21 AM)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6627643 - 03/02/07 10:39 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

StonedPhilosophr said:
or maybe at special times like the equinoxes and stuff like that, i would imagine that the experience would be much more cosmic and profound on certain astrological days..

:thumbup:

--------------------
Amen

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#6628100 - 03/02/07 01:41 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

i dunno if he did it everyday but lennon definately took his lsd use to excess and he was not dumb, jimi hendrix used lsd in excess as well and was a musical god. Tim Leary, Ram Dass, as was said earlier dr. hunter s, allen watts, aldous huxley. whether it is to be condoned or not is not what im posting about, but there are many brilliant people who have tripped at an excessive level for long periods of time.

--------------------

Edited by LedHead (03/02/07 01:47 PM)

Offlinemikeytro
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: LedHead]
    #6628133 - 03/02/07 01:52 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

i guess then it all comes down to personal preference..
i havent tripped on acid since last spring, partly becuase i can never find any. But, when I do find it again, when ever that is, it will be quite the adventure

--------------------

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#6628136 - 03/02/07 01:54 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

mikeytro said:
i guess then it all comes down to personal preference..
i havent tripped on acid since last spring, partly becuase i can never find any. But, when I do find it again, when ever that is, it will be quite the adventure

exactly

--------------------

Offlinefromthemoon
ESP Major

Re: acid addict? [Re: LedHead]
    #6629448 - 03/02/07 08:02 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

LedHead said:
imho i dont think we should pass judgement over anyones lsd or psychedelic use in general. there really is no right answer, just what each person in here "thinks" is right which really doesnt mean anything anyway.

Another ditto -

People abusing ANY drug are not stupid, moronic, simple retards.

They might have a mential illness; something simple like depression or something more severe like bi-polar/mania. There are many people in this world who are depressed and may not know it. If one is depressed, they already feel hopeless and may not be thinking clearly when making choices. A depressed person might say, "I feel crappy today. Acid will make me feel better or at least take me away from my crappy reality. It could rot my brain, but life suck and who cares anyway."

That person is not thinking clearly due to mential illness - not stupidity. And if one only thinks stupid people get depressed, try taking care of a dying parent.

--------------------
Look at the atoms in the air and allow your mind to see the other planes that coexists in the same physical space where you sit. There are vibrational strings in each and every atom containing infinite realities, universes, and dimensions. Multidimensional beings and entities are RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!!! Only gravity and mental energy can pass through these different atomic branes and mushrooms can break the mental/spiritual membranes separating one reality from the other. TAKE A LOOK!

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: fromthemoon]
    #6629847 - 03/02/07 10:46 PM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Quote:

fromthemoon said:
Quote:

LedHead said:

Another ditto -

They might have a mential illness; something simple like depression or something more severe like bi-polar/mania. There are many people in this world who are depressed and may not know it. If one is depressed, they already feel hopeless and may not be thinking clearly when making choices. A depressed person might say, "I feel crappy today. Acid will make me feel better or at least take me away from my crappy reality. It could rot my brain, but life suck and who cares anyway."

That person is not thinking clearly due to mential illness - not stupidity. And if one only thinks stupid people get depressed, try taking care of a dying parent.

A certain sentence is out of order?
No, that whole post is out of order!

Silliest shit I have heard in a long time.

"People who are depressed might not know it".

You are sort of full of shit.
Depression is a pretty grey area in the world of psychology.

I dont mean to be a huge dick, but that whole post belongs somewhere other than here. Like maybe on some blog of yours or something?

I didnt see anything in that post that makes sense!
Its written in a plain old crazy fashion.

Id advise people to avoid taking ridiculous posts seriously.
Good lord....

Stupidity Is a hell of a term.
Being mentally ill doesnt make you stupid, and I can agree with that.

Being stupid makes you stupid.
The way you worded that post is flat out illogical and stupid.
You cant blame me for that fact.

Feel free to pass judgement yalls........... There isnt anything wrong with that as long as you have thought it through.
Thats where constructive Criticism comes from.

"it could rot my brain"?!?!?!?!...........lol

That was a really crummy post. Thats all.

There are a wide variety of reasons people would abuse hallucinogens.
Most dont involve depression or anxiety.
Most involve stupid people, simple folks.
Call me an asshole, but thats the story.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (03/02/07 10:54 PM)

InvisibleGrizzyCappy
Explorer of Mind and Matter
Loc: TX - USA
    #6630301 - 03/03/07 01:11 AM (17 years, 21 days ago)

Your post caught my attention. I would consider myself an addicit - IF I could actually get some!

Seriously, though - not an addict in a bad way. I just want enough acid to last my lifetime, and a sheet would do it.

If I could go back in time and see to the future that I'd never be able to hook up again - I would have secured a couple sheets.

Hell, I think about it everyday. It kills me. It's so bad that I think I'd even pay $500 and drive 500 miles to get one finally.

Am I an addict?

I think I'm responsible with it.(100hits to last 50 years is not bad)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: GrizzyCappy]
    #6630935 - 03/03/07 09:04 AM (17 years, 20 days ago)

For those who haven't seen the video..... :grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmoFNya6P4Q

"I love Acid for the way it makes me move. I love Acid it's the sound you can't improve. I love Acid get inside this nasty groove. I love Acid going round and round and round. I love Acid going in and up and down. I love Acid get inside this fleshy sound. I love Acid with a dirty kick-ass beat. I love Acid move your mind and move your feet. I love Acid get inside and feel this beat. I love Acid feel it flowing in my dreams. I love Acid it's the hypnotic extreme. I love Acid get inside this sound supreme. I love Acid TB-303 romance. I love Acid it'll put you in a trance. I love Acid get inside this dirty dance. I love Acid it'll never loose it's grip. I love Acid it's the sound that makes you flip. I love Acid get inside take the trip. I love Acid i say that fact with pride. I love Acid and I'll love it till I die. I love Acid get inside enjoy the ride. I love Acid it's the way the changes flow. I love Acid as the baselines grows and grows. I love Acid and that's how the feeling goes ... about Acid."

--------------------
Amen

Offlinenookjohn
Nooker
 User Gallery

Loc: Dancin' in the street
    #6631745 - 03/03/07 03:20 PM (17 years, 20 days ago)

Acid casualties? What other drugs were they taking??? I've met some "acid casualties" that are that way just because they get stoned every day; ergo, they're just stoners and it will wear off. Back in the 60's things like PCP were common. LSD doesn't cause long-term brain damage like methamphetamine, the modern brain destroyer.

LSD tunes medium-term memory, the approximately seven-day holding area for long-term memory that gets committed during REM sleep. Additionally, LSD will tune long-term memory. Neither tuning process results in memory loss; the neuronet tuning process is additive. Due to this tuning process, musicians and music listeners alike develop better ears. How many people do you know who haven't become more creative since they first took LSD?

LSD tuned away my anxiety around people, improved my ear for music, and has not adversely impacted my abilities as a programmer.

OfflineLordScarecrow
Stranger
    #11858572 - 01/19/10 10:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

fromthemoon said:
Quote:

LedHead said:
imho i dont think we should pass judgement over anyones lsd or psychedelic use in general.  there really is no right answer, just what each person in here "thinks" is right which really doesnt mean anything anyway.

Another ditto -

They might have a mential illness; something simple like depression or something more severe like bi-polar/mania.  There are many people in this world who are depressed and may not know it.  If one is depressed, they already feel hopeless and may not be thinking clearly when making choices.  A depressed person might say, "I feel crappy today.  Acid will make me feel better or at least take me away from my crappy reality.  It could rot my brain, but life suck and who cares anyway."

That person is not thinking clearly due to mential illness - not stupidity.  And if one only thinks stupid people get depressed, try taking care of a dying parent.

A certain sentence is out of order?
No, that whole post is out of order!

Silliest shit I have heard in a long time.

"People who are depressed might not know it".

You are sort of full of shit.
Depression is a pretty grey area in the world of psychology.

I dont mean to be a huge dick, but that whole post belongs somewhere other than here.  Like maybe on some blog of yours or something?

I didnt see anything in that post that makes sense!
Its written in a plain old crazy fashion.

Id advise people to avoid taking ridiculous posts seriously.
Good lord....

Stupidity Is a hell of a term.
  Being mentally ill doesnt make you stupid, and I can agree with that.

Being stupid makes you stupid.
  The way you worded that post is flat out illogical and stupid.
You cant blame me for that fact.

Feel free to pass judgement yalls...........  There isnt anything wrong with that as long as you have thought it through.
  Thats where constructive Criticism comes from.

"it could rot my brain"?!?!?!?!...........lol

That was a really crummy post.  Thats all.

There are a wide variety of reasons people would abuse hallucinogens.
Most dont involve depression or anxiety. 
  Most involve stupid people, simple folks.
Call me an asshole, but thats the story.

Christ man, you really are just an ass.

You have no idea about anything having to do with addiction I guess.

The guys post wasn't that bad.

Why don't you grow the hell up and stop acting like you know everything and everyone should be kissing your feet.

The only thing I know for sure, is your poor friend who died sure was unlucky to have a shitty friend like you who could never understand his plight.

Addiction is exactly like that, it can happen to good, smart people very easily.

Especially heroin, you can be the smartest person in the world, all that matters is that you are depressed and life sucks to you (and you are freezing/sweating at the same time as well as vomiting all over yourself) and that one twenty dollar hit will make you go to heaven like your a baby sucking on your mommas tity.

Psychadelics could certainly manifest this way in some people, particularly MDMA. I could see people using acid to escape their depression as well, shit every time I take it I feel full of love and rainbows.

I certainly hope he had some better friends than you around when he passed on.

Edited by LordScarecrow (01/19/10 10:10 AM)

Offlinemorrowasted
Worldwide Stepper
Male User Gallery

Loc: House of Mirrors
Re: acid addict? [Re: LordScarecrow]
    #11858779 - 01/19/10 10:54 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

There was a time in my life when I was tripping just as often as I was sober.

It was fun for about a month.... then I just got tired of it.

Psychedelics are anti addictive...

OfflineMoronicus
smokehousebacon.
Male

Re: acid addict? [Re: morrowasted]
    #11858792 - 01/19/10 10:57 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

im going to do as much acid as the butthole surfers did :gameover:

--------------------

BACON RANCH, FUCK YEAH

A post about m00nshine

Anonymous #6 said:
Yes, it is. The shine stands for his job title, which is Shoe Shiner, the moon stands for the time he comes out to be a nigger, which is best suited for the negroid camouflage.

OfflineTehWall
Stranger

Re: acid addict? [Re: Moronicus]
    #11858846 - 01/19/10 11:08 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

You can't be addicted to mushrooms, LSD, DMT, mescaline, ect.

Just don't abuse them. They aren't a thing you should be doing daily, it's a weekly or biweekly thing.

InvisibleDynoo
-
 User Gallery

Loc: - Flag
Re: acid addict? [Re: TehWall]
    #11858876 - 01/19/10 11:12 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Talk about bumping an old thread

--------------------
-

Offlinefounddelicious
Bonefish
Male

Re: acid addict? [Re: Dynoo]
    #11858999 - 01/19/10 11:30 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

ram dass tripped for three weeks straight. that quest was much more for greater understanding of its' effects than just for kicks.

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#11859757 - 01/19/10 01:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

yageman said:
Quote:

jst said:
I agree that using psychedelics heavily will probably leave you in some sort of "haze".  My heavy use from a while ago i'd say left me a little tipsy for a while afterwards, but i'm also a bit confused about this "system" you're talking about, permanently mashing your brain, and LSD deaths.  And, you want me to be a man and take larger doses?  How am i not respecting LSD?  My LSD habit is no steeze, it's a choice.  I don't take LSD so i can call up my friend and say "Hey man i'm tripping on L"

The "system" has to do with how your brain(everyones brains) work with psychedelics.
  I never said anything about "lsd deaths" which furthers my point that you just might be a dumbass.

Its all good man.  Just forget about what I said and keep eating hallucinogens like candy.

When I was a kid we would get as much suger-filled candy as we could, and get all hyper and laugh our asses off.
  I remind me of you in some ways.....lol

Dont worry about it man.  You are clearly not even close to understanding my point, and im not sure that you can.

Wow you're a tool

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

Offlinezmike92z
Stranger
Re: acid addict? [Re: Sheekle]
    #11859805 - 01/19/10 01:54 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I enjoy a really good trip but Acid and Shrooms are just too much to get psychologically addicted to. Weed on the other hand....

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate