Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
Re: acid addict? [Re: Sebastian23]
    #6622653 - 02/28/07 11:15 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

LSD, like any other psychoactive chemical, can be abused. I believe that psychedelics should be used infrequently and strictly as entheogens, but this only my opinion.

Anyone who is abusing LSD is truly playing Russian Roulette with their brain. Don't become another washed up "burnout" simply because you were too foolish to employ common sense.

Psychoactive drugs can be great tools for spiritual and transcendental journeys, but they should not be treated like toys.

Video games are for mindless indulgence, psychoactive drugs are not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKickleM
Wanderer
 User Gallery

#6622663 - 02/28/07 11:17 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Excellent post Moth and Yageman (the second one, not the first). Very well stated opinions.

But I can't help but think when reading... '67.5% of all statistics are made up...' heh.

--------------------
Why shouldn't the truth be stranger than fiction?
Fiction, after all, has to make sense. -- Mark Twain

Offlineyageman
already dead
 User Gallery

#6622689 - 02/28/07 11:30 PM (17 years, 23 days ago)

I just so happen to think sobriety is important.

Its all natural.

Lsd is my favorite, and I dont consider it to be less interesting because it is purely biochemical, not found in nature.

Some choose to exist in a more natural way than others.

As for the confrontational posts..... That was my experience with psychedelics and people who use psychedelics.

The people who think less than 1 1/8th of mushrooms is lame as hell are always some of the dumbest folks I have known.
I cant be wrong about my own experiences.
I know those people, and I know my doses.

I realize that some people are just different.
The people who say that they cant see visuals on one gram are in a TOTALLY different boat than I am.

We all ride the same boat.
Negative side effects can elude some people for a long time if they take these drugs like they are candy.
Thats not a good thing.......

I wont even go into the stories of people3 I was good frieds with that fucked up their minds with psychedelics and ended up alcoholics and even heroin addicts because they fucked their neurology to the point where they seek comfort anywhere.
I attended a funeral afew weeks ago.
Best acid head I ever knew.
So fucking smart....... still, he dealt with his psychedelic past by damaging himself further.
He was such an amazing person.

Some people just dont know what psychedelics are capable of if you treat them like candy.
He was not the smartest guy.
With the doses he took, even the smartest guy could fuck up the same way.
He used heroin to calm his nerves after he realized that he liked the stuff. He also drank a bit(nothing wrong with that).

After quiting his heavy psychedelic use he needed to calm his body.
I knew the guy. I knew how this good man functioned.

--------------------
[quote]Me_Roy said:
You moron. Material is material is material.  No 'thing' fixes any situation.  If anything were so simple we would be living in a much better world.[/quote] <-----the dumbest thing I have ever read in my life.
Thanks shroomery.

Edited by yageman (02/28/07 11:32 PM)

OfflineSebastian23
Stranger
Male

Loc: Bay
Re: acid addict? [Re: vigilant_mind]
    #6622782 - 03/01/07 12:02 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

vigilant_mind said:

Of course not, but an LSD abuser is mindlessly self indulging, is he not?

Well, not mindlessly, in fact probably very mindFULLY. But irresponcible self indulgence none the less.

--------------------
"If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment
with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp
it was written on."
-Terence McKenna
Marijuana Myths Debunked

Offlinevigilant_mind
unfazed
Male User Gallery

Loc: boco
    #6622820 - 03/01/07 12:14 AM (17 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

Sebastian23 said:
Quote:

vigilant_mind said:

Of course not, but an LSD abuser is mindlessly self indulging, is he not?

Well, not mindlessly, in fact probably very mindFULLY. But irresponcible self indulgence none the less.

Someone who is abusing LSD is obviously absent minded, seeing as how they lack common sense and the virtue of moderation.

An LSD abuser is using a drug that, in effect , uses his mind, not the other way around. He (the LSD abuser) is mindlessly indulging; he is consciously (and recklessly) putting his brain on auto-pilot.

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
    #6623063 - 03/01/07 03:01 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I realized i was over looking the word "addict", i shouldn't have referred to myself as one.

There's a difference between someone who chooses to, and someone who does it because they have to. I just find it fun

OfflineAlCapwn
ID Reset, take that subpoena

Loc: Canada
    #6623069 - 03/01/07 03:09 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

One can consciously chose to take LSD often can he not? It's not absent minded. A bad choice? Perhaps.

--------------------
Huuuuurrrrrr!

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: acid addict? [Re: AlCapwn]
    #6623102 - 03/01/07 03:46 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I think taking small amounts of lsd frequently is a good regime
the high is clearer than mj.

unlike alcohol, the person knows when too much is too much, he still can be a clown or a goof if he likes.

then again you could say that lsd has been wasted by people who are essentially clowns - would there not then be more to go around.
(i am probably too serious all the time)

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: mikeytro]
    #6623363 - 03/01/07 06:27 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I've met people who claim they were addicted to LSD. They start gettin on their high horse on how they'll NEVER do it again because its soooo addictive. I just don't buy it. With the lack of nausea and the coolness of the high i could see how someone might want to take it every weekend or every couple of days, but not be fully addicted to it.

These people talk about it like cokeheads talk about being hooked on coke. I have also met some LSD permafries... kids that did waaay too much acid too young, and arnt the same at all. Talk slower, ideas don't flow, they ramble, space, then say "what were we talking about?".

Then there was the one kid in high-school who at a party some dumbass tweakers put 10 hits of liquid in his mouth when he was passed out. He woke up, went to the hospital, and has NEVER been the same. Made great grades, was on his way to college, was happy, was normal. Now he barely talks, makes shitty grades, and his life has become useless. Would i call this an LSD death? Without a doubt...

Addictive? no... Dangerous? Very... :sad:

--------------------
Teonanacatl, open up my eyes
This sacrament, this prayer, beyond the world of lies
Guide me clearly through that which I dont understand
Give me strength to find the path
Help me fight any demons as you flow through me wholely
This is my prayer, that you protect me from evil, and bring me closer to peace
And open up my eyes, so i can see things as you do
Amen

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

Re: acid addict? [Re: SDP]
    #6623537 - 03/01/07 08:15 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Dude, if I had the supply, I would take it alot. Not everyday, just to avoid the mental exahustion, but it would probaly be like every 2-4 days depending on how I feel mentally/physically.

I love that shit. So much.

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

Loc: north america
    #6623561 - 03/01/07 08:22 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

ok, so lets say sumone dosed semi-frequently for a while, would time heal the wounds? (abstaining from further use of strong hallucinogens of course) i ask this because this was me, i dosed kinda frequently, and im just trying to find out if that with time i'll get better...

and a correciton to the leary reference (sp?) .. he dosed every saturday (full on dose ((around 500 ug))) for 6 years straight..(damn)

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: UndercoverCop]
    #6623564 - 03/01/07 08:24 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

I believe that not waiting at LEAST a week in-between any kind of regular psychedelic use is doing the user an extreme injustice. If nothing else, just the tolerance you build + waste of good drugs + money you spend just keeping up with your high tolerance. :shrug:

--------------------
Amen

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: acid addict? [Re: StonedPhilosophr]
    #6623581 - 03/01/07 08:32 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

StonedPhilosophr said:
ok, so lets say sumone dosed semi-frequently for a while, would time heal the wounds? (abstaining from further use of strong hallucinogens of course) i ask this because this was me, i dosed kinda frequently, and im just trying to find out if that with time i'll get better..

Eh, whats the problem? Thoughts slowed or just some HPPD (visuals after you quit using)? I notice, after regular LSD use especially, a lasting HPPD that is generally more cool then anything. This can last for quite a while... I'm a firm believer in the brains ability to re-coupe, to a certain extent. I have seen more "permanent" damage with LSD then other psychedelics though...

I wouldn't sweat it if you've stopped... I'm sure you will return to closer to normal functionality soon enough. Ayahuasca truly is a sacred medicine and has been used by MDMA\MDA abusers to kick-start things back in action. Something about increasing your brains natural sensitivity to serotonin, thus making you utilize your natural amounts better. This could play a part in a "re-wiring" of sort to help facilitate some LSD damage "repair" methinks... but that is just an opinion for sure. :stoned:

--------------------
Amen

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #6623621 - 03/01/07 08:39 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Hard to believe anyone who says they were "tripping for a whole summer". The tolorance factor would kick in. It would lose its magic pretty quick.

More kids bragging about something they don't respect...yawn

InvisibleMourningdove
Stranger
    #6623638 - 03/01/07 08:42 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

UndercoverCop said:
Dude, if I had the supply, I would take it alot. Not everyday, just to avoid the mental exahustion, but it would probaly be like every 2-4 days depending on how I feel mentally/physically.

pretty stupid...

InvisibleAbrainspot
Stranger
 User Gallery
Loc: Rewind
Re: acid addict? [Re: Mourningdove]
    #6623644 - 03/01/07 08:43 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

For me tolerance kicked in as soon as the second dose, hence taking 10-12 hits at a time to trip

A dude i use to get dose off of told me once that he saw a friend at a show fold up a sheet and eat it, now thats some crazy shit

OfflineStonedPhilosophr
Stranger
Male

Loc: north america
    #6623751 - 03/01/07 09:16 AM (17 years, 22 days ago)

well, i sure as hell enjoy and appreciate fully natural (and naturally grown) substances more then lsd. cid is nice at low doses, for strong doses comapared to shrooms tho its a lot harsher and rougher on ur being..mushies just mesh so damn well with u, there really user friendly, and with them, compared to cid, i feel this immense, potent depthness which i liken to the history and life of the shroom (being billions of years old)((and used for millenia by humans)and the day after is better then cids..but yeah, i mean, wen i asked, i kinda was riding on the fact that i already knew i would get better with time..i havent taken a trip (save for cannabis and whippets ((used in light doses))) for about 3 months, or maybe its 3 and a half...and at langerado cumin up nest friday, im just guna do a light dose of shrooms (hopefully), if not, ill just take 2/3's or half of a hit of sum standard blotter), but after that, i plan on continuuing my abstinence (of medium to high doses) (and just do ((if anything)) very limited light doses), probably a year or 2...and to start meditating (i saw this vid on you tube, kind of an instructional one on meditation, and, its really good, cheesy at times, but the nitty gritty is very significant, heres the link if anyones interested http://youtube.com/watch?v=LI1dM67jRWM((i recommend viewing it)) before i saw it, i tried meditation, thinking i knew how to do it and wut it was for, and couldnt stay at it cuz i found it kinda boring, but just watch that video) (also, just a side note, check this vid out of "the freemont street experience", its a huge long screen with sum cool vids that runs at las vegas (http://youtube.com/watch?v=jk4i-VIFmh8)

i also cant get really high or pretty tripped out cuz i have this problem with my back, i fucked it up by cracking it and fucking with it too much, and i just get bad reactions wen im real high, cuz i can feel the damage i have there, and it just sends me on a bad one..

but so far, things are looking up..

OfflineUndercoverCop
Stranger

#6624417 - 03/01/07 01:05 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

Mourningdove said:
Quote:

UndercoverCop said:

pretty stupid...

Nope, not at all really. It's just the way I would chose to do things. Just because some people can't do that, doesn't mean I couldn't handle it.

OfflineSDP
ChronicAficionado
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6624474 - 03/01/07 01:28 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

UndercoverCop said:
It's just the way I would chose to do things. Just because some people can't do that, doesn't mean I couldn't handle it.

Whether or not you can handle it is irrelevant to if it's a good idea or not... There are boundaries to what is chemically healthy despite ones ability to push beyond these boundaries. Regardless, you did have the nice pretense of "depending how I feel mentally\physically" which is a step above blind addiction, and stupidity too. :smirk:

--------------------
Amen

OfflineLedHead
Stranger

#6624492 - 03/01/07 01:37 PM (17 years, 22 days ago)

imho i dont think we should pass judgement over anyones lsd or psychedelic use in general. there really is no right answer, just what each person in here "thinks" is right which really doesnt mean anything anyway.

--------------------
I'm a traveler of both time and space...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order