Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinewoopka
the woopka
First time using a two tub setup
    #6621149 - 02/28/07 04:29 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hola! Not only is it my first time using a two tub setup, it's my first time using <i> any</i> setup at all. I appreciate your patience.

I've been using the shroomery.org faqs for guidance in growing. I have my casings set and they are ready to be transferred to a fruiting chamber.

My setup is designed as thus:

Lighting:I'm using a 31 gallon rubbermaid tub. For lighting I have a 20 watt flourescent night light bulb attached to the roof of the fruiting bin. The prongs to plug in the light are protruding from the top of the roof, plugged into a electric lamp timer (which is set to turn on twice a day for 45 minute intervals.)

Exhaust and intake: This I'm a bit confused on. I have a sheet of air filter material for use in furnaces. I was thinking about making a hole in the bin the fruiting will be taking place about 2x2 inches large with a peice of the air filter material covering it. In the bin that will be holding the air pump I'm going to make another 2x2 inch hole with the same material covering this hole. My confusion is whether this style of filter will be appropriate. I've read that polyfill works well. Should I go purchase some of this and use it in the holes instead? Or will my air filter material work just as well?

Air pump: The air pump is located in the smaller bin. A tube from the air pump extends (along with the air pump power cord) out of the small bin through a hole sealed with duct tape and plastic epoxy. The tubing then feeds into the large bin about half way up the side, and descends down into a 1 and 1/2 inch layer of water and 3 inch layer of perlite. I have added 3 capfuls of Hydrogen peroxide solution to this mixture which I have read is useful for promoting sterilization.

Cake setup: The cakes are resting on plastic plates (5 per plate) with holes drilled through the bottoms for ventilation. These plates then rest directly on top of the perlite.

Humidification monitoring: I have an indoor/outdoor tempurature and humidity gauge. This is attached to the inside side of the fruiting bin. If my reading is correct the proper humidity levels are about 85% to promote fruiting. My question here is: How can I increase or decrease those levels if they aren't spot on?

I know that you probably get a lot of redundant questions from newbs and that this can get aggravating, but I've tried to do my best research and I hope that you could shed some light on my questions, as well as any obvious flaws I had accounted for with my setup.

It is all greatly appreciated.

Thanks
The woopka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblefarva86
I dont want alarge farva. Iwant aleeder-a-cola
Male

Loc: MIddle of Nowhere, AR
Re: First time using a two tub setup [Re: woopka]
    #6621211 - 02/28/07 04:44 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

try some more reading. proper RH (relative humidity) is ~95-100%. misting with a spray bottle can be used to inc. and fanning or turning on the air pump will dec. RH. if i wrong on any of this some1 please correct me.

--------------------
Eddie Money doesn't have to put up with this shit.
The wonder has a name: shrooms.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck