Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Loc: over here
my yopo experience
    #6619661 - 02/28/07 07:50 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

last night at about 11:30 i decided to do some of the yopo snuff i made. i did the first line expecting it to burn like a bitch, but it just felt like i got some pepper in my nose, but it made me a sneeze a bunch. i was good for about a half hour, i was tingly i had neat close eye visuals and heard cool noises, and my room looked like a painting. the only thing that sucked was that my stomach hurt the whole time. but i will do it again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
Re: my yopo experience [Re: Pupenhause]
    #6619664 - 02/28/07 07:53 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

wow that sounds pretty intense... did it kick in fast or did it take a min

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: my yopo experience [Re: lsd25icu812]
    #6619678 - 02/28/07 08:01 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Nice man,I would love to have some of that.

--------------------

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Re: my yopo experience [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6619769 - 02/28/07 09:03 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

it started no more than five minutes into it. i did it, waited a couple minutes then when i went into the bathroom to blow my nose and i was already feeling it. my friend did it and was screaming cause of the burn, so i guess it just depends on the person.

Offlinelsd25icu812
Stranger
Male

Loc: United States
    #6620045 - 02/28/07 11:01 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

ya it seems like it would be really intense... i never put anything up my nose so i bet it would burn like a bitch. it would be really interesting to try though

--------------------
love is what is left when you"ve let go of everything you love

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: my yopo experience [Re: lsd25icu812]
    #6620097 - 02/28/07 11:28 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Cebil preperations have a tendency to inflict a LOT of pain. Even at only 1/4th (250mg/1000mg) Calcium Hydroxide/De-shelled Toasted Pulverized Seed. The pain and sneezing is definitely part of the experience I could do without but feel I should out of respect for tradition. It's interesting seeing how the experience differs so greatly from regular smoked 5-meo-dmt / n,n-dmt(although none compare to this), oral caapi+tepischuite/chacruna/chaliponga jage preperations. Virola is even more painful then the beans of the hekula spirit, although it's visual effects seem far more pronounced.

-theo

--------------------

OfflineLiquid_Dimension
Lighthousekeeper
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Radioactive state
Re: my yopo experience [Re: Aneglakya]
    #6620108 - 02/28/07 11:33 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

You can only sniff this? nothing else?

--------------------

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: my yopo experience [Re: Liquid_Dimension]
    #6620140 - 02/28/07 11:47 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Many people report results when the seed is vaporized.

--------------------

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
    #6620414 - 02/28/07 01:24 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Can we get a tek on the making/preperation of yopo snuff?

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

OfflinePolyrhythmanaut
BaphometicServitude
Male

#6620677 - 02/28/07 02:30 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Aneglakya said:
Many people report results when the seed is vaporized.

I have smoked to some degree of success, as have others at the shroomery....though to do the experience justice you gotta rail it:grin:

Vaporizing sounds like a neat experiment! anyone?

OfflinePupenhause
Toughguy
Male User Gallery
Re: my yopo experience [Re: Sunny]
    #6620689 - 02/28/07 02:33 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

mr_sunshine said:
Can we get a tek on the making/preperation of yopo snuff?

5-7 seeds, heat them up on the stove til they pop, then take off the black shell. i use a spoon and then a razor to powder the seeds, then i throw a little bit of baking soda in there and mix it up real good.

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

#6621177 - 02/28/07 04:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I had a rather thorough pictoral/tutorial on the preperation of the snuff posted in the ethnogarden some 5 years ago or so.. Let me see if I can find some old copy / rough draft lurking around on my computer.

okay, this is just a short passage from the essay felixhigh and I wrote some time ago, i think it has long since been edited corrected updated and the like so bare with me until i find the final essay once again.. hope you get some use out of it:

Anadenanthera

Introduction:

The genus Anadenanthera, a member of the leguminosae family, has been used for its psychoactive effects for approximately 4,500 years. The seeds and seed pods are known to contain several tryptamine alkaloids including Bufotenine, 5-meo-DMT and N,N-DMT. The bark is also thought to contain alkaloids but there are no records of its usage.

Botanical Description:

Identification of the Anadenanthera species can be difficult as there is much misinformation regarding them on the internet and in literature. A. Colubrina includes two subspecies including A. Colubrina Var. Colubrina and A. Colubrina Var. Cebil. A.C. Var. Cebil has seeds that are more rounded and thin whilst A.C Var Colubrina has seeds that are Square, Fat, and brown-red in color.

The genus includes Anadenanthera Colubrina, A. Macrocarpa, and A. Peregrina. The species can be difficult to tell apart as they look very similar. They both have dark blackish bark, conical thorns, white flowers, and dark seed pods. A. Colubrina grows 9-50 feet tall while A. Peregrina may attain a height of 65 feet.

The seed pods of Anadenanthera Colubrina are flat, dark brown in color and grow up to one foot long. They appear to be leathery but feel like plastic. They can contain as many as 14 seeds per pod. The dry pods rattle with seeds when you shake them. After the pod dries is splits open and releases seeds. The seeds are flat, rectangular with rounded angles, colored brownish red in the center and fade into a darker shade on the edges. They are between 1-2cm wide usually averaging out at 1 1/2 cm. A. Colubrina contains a high amount of bufotenine. One sample of seeds acquired from Argentina contained 70% bufotenine, 20% 5-meo-DMT, and 5% n.n-DMT. Per every gram of seeds their contained 10-20 mg of tryptamine. The seed pod itself has the same alkaloid content as the seeds do. Anadenanthera Colubrina is native to northwest Argentina. Synonyms for A. Colubrina include Piptedenia Colubrina, Anadenanthera Columbrina.

Peregrina

The seed pods of A. Peregrina are rough and woody. They may contain from 3 to 10 seeds in a pod. The round seeds are flat, thin, and glossy black in color. Anadenanthera Peregrina is native to the tropical zones of South America and the West Indies. It is found throughout Northern South America. The seeds of A. Peregrina contain mainly n,n-DMT and 5-meo-dmt. Piptedenia peregrina and Acacia Niopo have been used as synonyms for Anadenanthera Peregrina.

History:

Although the two species are very similar they have a different historical background.
Anadenanthera Colubrina was traditionally used by the Shamans of the southern region of the Andes. The seeds are made into a snuff called Cebil or Vilca.
Anadenanthera Peregrina is used in the Orinoco basin. It is cultivated by shamans because it is not native to this area. It is made into a snuff, under the name Yopo. The Yanomano and Waika tribes use it in Epena, a snuff containing A. Peregrina seeds, plant ashes, and other substances. It was traditionally used in the West Indies as a snuff called Cohoba, though this use was eradicated.

Preparation:

There are many ways to prepare and administer Anadenanthera. It is best to prepare between one and two grams of seed at a time. One gram usually amounts to 6-8 seeds. This should yield enough product for several excursions. Traditionally the seeds where roasted. One may place the seeds on a cookie sheet and roast them in the oven. Another way of preparation is to place them in a frying pan and fry them until the centers are dried and crispy. Be sure not to get the seeds to hot as excessive heat may quickly destroy the active constituents. Using the lowest heat setting is advised. The seeds will have a smell resembling cooked pumpkin seeds. As they continue to cook seeds begin to pop. Sometimes they shoot up into the air, so watch out. One objective of roasting the seeds is to void them of all water. The tryptamine are not soluble in water so this may be a primitive way of purifying the seeds. It may be possible to use a food dehydrator. After the seeds have been "cooked" Wait for them to cool. Many suggest removing the seed coat, It is a very laborious and annoying task but will make insnufflation easier. Ground the seeds up as fine as possible in an electric coffee bean grinder. The finer the powder the easier it will be on your nasal cavity.

The mineral lime(CaO) is added to the powdered snuff. Lime is slightly basic and DMT is soluble in alkali therefore this may be another step of the primitive purification process. It may be obtained from calcinating snail shells. Lime can also be purchased for around $3 an ounce at a science supply store. The right amount of lime is a crucial part of making snuff. Add 1/4 the amount of seed. So that would be 250mg CaO per One gram Powdered seed. Mix this up thoroughly. If lime is not available it may be possible to utilize baking soda. It is reported that using burnt sweet potato peels as a lime/baking soda substitute works well.

Chemistry and Extraction:
The three primary chemicals in anadenanthera are Bufotenine, 5-methoxy-DMT, and N,N-DMT. Other tryptamine including: 5-meo-MMT, DMT-n-Oxide, and 5-OH-DMT-n-Oxide where isolated aswell. There where even amounts of ringed tryptamine derivatives found (1,2-dimethyl-6-methoxytetrahydro-B-Carboline) which would mean MAO Inhibition. Ones main objective would be to isolate N,N-DMT from the snuff to avoid the overwhelming nature of 5-meo and bufotenine. There are many ways to extract tryptamine from the seeds. One needs to familiarize themselves with the properties of the psychoactive constituents.

Bufotenine(C12H16N2O) has a melting point of 146-147 C. It's freely soluble in alcohol and less soluble in ether. It is also soluble in Diluted acid and alkali. It's insoluble in water until it is converted into a salt. Bufotenine is converted into a salt by extracting it with a diluted acid. Once in its salt form its insoluble in non-polar solvents and soluble in alkali.
Effects: The effects of bufotenin.

N,N- Dimethyltryptamine(C12H16N2) has a melting point of 44.6-44.8 C and a boiling point of 60-80 C. Since it has a lower melting point than bufotenine it may be possible to use a distillation setup to extract the DMT but leave the bufotenine behind. N,N-DMT is Freely soluble in diluted acid and is insoluble in water. Once extracted with acid and converted to salt it is insoluble in Non-Polar Solvents but soluble in H2O and Alkali. DMT has a natural PH of 8.68 When extracting salts with a base try to bring it to its original pKa.
Effects: The effects of n,n-DMT.

5-Methoxy-Dimethyltryptamine.
Effects: The effects of 5-MeO-DMT.

Human Bioassay:

INSNUFFILATION:

Subject A's first account with the snuff was prepared with 1.1 gram of finely powdered, roasted Colubrina seeds and a pinch of lime. He managed to insufflate one half of the powder. Immediately his sinus's began reacting. After about one minute he received a sudden rush and pressure towards the head. This was followed by an intense change in consciousness. He felt very warm and heavy, almost in a narcotic stupor. This lasted for nearly 5 minutes then began to fade away.
The snuff creates a very intense effect. Try to insufflate as much as possible in a short amount of time.

The follow is an account with Anadenanthera Macrocarpa seeds.

“After I have my snuff ready, after spending lots of time and effort
cooking, grinding this stuff it's time to finally try it for the first time.
I have always found nasty the act of snorting powdered substances but this is a
whole different thing... I tear a small piece of paper and roll it and then i
manage to snort my pre measured doses (not too little, not too much in order not
to sneeze). I said doses because I've administered it in both nasal cavities.
It flows in more or less well (it flows, not that it isn't harsh) and
immediately I start to feel a very strong heat wave and i feel the sweat drops
starting to build up all over my forehead and then i sit down.
A tiredness (muscle relaxation?) wave came down from my head to the extreme of
my limbs, making me feel very very lethargic. By this time some abstract ideas,
concepts and mild visions came up but didn't last very long.
After that I have recovered in a matter of minutes of the lethargic state.”

“After some other experiences I think I am now making a better snuff, taking more
care about it's roasting point (it's easy to under or over roast them - the
Under roasting is correctable at least). Now I am also peeling them after roasting.
Would it be possible to peel beforehand? Could be easier... Anyways, it's always
a laborious task... let's see if it's worth...
Ok, after grinding well and sifting the stuff with a stretched cloth, it's time
to administer this very thin powder that easily floats in the air...
One nostril at a time (I'd like to have the Y straw) and then POW, BAM, BONG!
Along with the usual sweating and heat feeling i start to see exploding colored
stars as if i was being quickly jabbed on the face by a heavy handed box fighter
or something. Wow. I manage to sit automatically... The relaxation wave on my
limbs was much stronger this time, damn, this batch is much stronger than my
other ones, I'm having progresses. I lay down in a semi dark room with my eyes
closed and experience the complete lack of thoughts. It was a bit scary at first
but I found it was boring after a while. Slowly i start to sink in the
drowsiness and i start to have some cool abstract thoughts and ideas, the visual
part is very mild but definitely present. I don't remember well if i snorted
again, all I remember is that i felt very sleepy and ended up crawling to my
bed. No hangover, actually I felt quite better than usual in the following day
(great sleep).”

This is a report of the combination of Macrocarpa and Acacia Polyphylla

“Regular preparation + unpeeling, my standard now.
It took me well about 4 or 5 hours of work in the middle of the night and i was
already tired of the lethargic highs so i wasn't expecting much out of this. I
decided that if i didn't break through this time i would quit trying it.
Then i went, macrocarpas first. Feel good hit... strong 'jabbing' on my eyes,
strong waves through my limbs. I felt as though I would melt like plastic.
A nice letargo follows with the usual abstract thought patterns and the
mild visions, which sometimes happen to bind to my imagination or to the
concepts that come to my mind... Very cool i thought, stronger than ever but not
really a breakthrough.
I've lost track of the time enjoying this like i never did (with yopo) and about
45 minutes after i took the macrocarpas i went to the bathroom and cleaned up my
nose and sinuses, getting ready to try the polyphyllas.
And so I did.

The usual heating and flashes were felt but it was somewhat less painful than
with macrocarpas. Soon a very pleasant letargo took over and i laid back in the
dark. By this time the imagery that was mild with the macrocarpas started to
fuse with the abstract ideas i was experiencing and it developed to the point i
started to see sequential slides of bizarre things. They were some kind of
machinery or industrial machines but they were too odd in appearance because
they would combine the most different designs together, some aerodynamic parts
like 50's cars, wheels on one side and things like Greek columns in the other,
along with all sort of non related crap all around it. It's hard to describe.
The slide sequence has finally subsided and at despite of my lack of thoughts
(typical) i was feeling very WOW!.

By then I've opened my eyes, feeling really tired all i wanted was to sleep, but
hey, very cool colored visuals with open eyes, specially in the darkest parts of
a dark room. Then i was suddenly hit by a strong feeling of presence. I am very
used to that, Jane does it to me all the time but this time it was very strong a
bit scary. I am a well tripped guy, I usually wouldn't fear entities or dead
people but it was really solid. I said fuck that, ignored it, went to bed and
had a great sleep. I felt great after I woke up but the presence thing kept
teasing my mind for a week long... “

ORAL with MAOI:
The thought of using Anadenanthera orally with an MAOI is astounding. It would be an easy to ingest form of an ayahausca analogue that could easily be encapsulated. Unfortunately our results did not prove it to be a very good ayahausca candidate. The physical distress caused by the bufotenine was overwhelming. Including mental confusion, vertigo, headache, and vomiting.

SUBLINGUAL:

Subject A held approximately 100mg of the snuff between his gums and cheek for 5 minutes with no noticeable effect. I imagine that more is needed to experience profound psychoactive effects.

SMOKING:
Many people claim that smoking the seed or the snuff itself has psychoactive effects.

Further investigation on Cebil Bark needs to be carried out. There are reports of psycho activity.

--------------------

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
    #6621322 - 02/28/07 05:20 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Absolutely excellent post. Thank you very much for the tek.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

OfflineAneglakya
mephiticconjurator

Re: my yopo experience [Re: Sunny]
    #6621441 - 02/28/07 06:01 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

like I mentioned, some of the information is outdated and much more has been discovered but unfortunately i'm having trouble locating the backup copies of my essays, tutorials and the like. I'm not sure but there may be a more accurate release of it in a previous post deep deep DEEP in the archives here.

best wishes.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom